PDA

View Full Version : Settling old Scores

trev the hat
07-12-2012, 09:21 PM
So far this season I can think of three that we've managed just recently.please add or correct any if you can.
It's mainly about winning home/away against teams we've not beaten for a while or so called bogey teams / grounds & hope to see what ones we ain't done for a while ie won @ darkhead or PBS while paying tribute to the recent ones we've managed (list)

1/ beat Dundee Utd @ ER for first time in almost a decade.
2/ Beat St Johnstone @ Perth first time also nearly a decade.
3/ beat yams @ ER 1st time since 2007.
4/ ??

SMAXXA
07-12-2012, 09:26 PM
So far this season I can think of three that we've managed just recently.please add or correct any if you can.
It's mainly about winning home/away against teams we've not beaten for a while or so called bogey teams / grounds & hope to see what ones we ain't done for a while ie won @ darkhead or PBS while paying tribute to the recent ones we've managed (list)

4/ ??

Got a 17k plus crowd at ER for the first time in when?
Stuck by a manager past the AGM (Ii assume this has happened)?
United Hibs fans for the first time in years?

madabouthibs
07-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Stuck by a manager past the AGM (Ii assume this has happened)?

I'm led to believe we only have AGM's when we need to get shot of a Manager. :greengrin

madabouthibs
07-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Filled the East for the first time?

SMAXXA
07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Had active engagement with supporters to improve our club?

wpj
07-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Finished above the huns, first time in a while

sbell1875
07-12-2012, 10:28 PM

4/ ??

We beat the yams 1-0 at Easter Road in March 2009 under Mixu.

weedgiehibbie
07-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Noticed that our home recored v the Sheep has been very poor so heres hoping that if we get them in the cup we win to progress in that, failing that (i.e we get/beat motherwell :greengrin ) we beat the dons at ER after the split - if thats how the fixtures work, to finish at least 2nd :agree

iwasthere1972
07-12-2012, 10:50 PM

4/ ??

Haven't checked for more recent but we beat Dundee United 3-1 at Easter Road in 2006. Good crowd that day as anyone who kept their ticket stub was able to buy a ticket for the SC semi final against the Yams.

Just_Jimmy
08-12-2012, 12:22 AM
We best united at ER when riordan returned. It was his first home game back.

The Modfather
08-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Haven't checked for more recent but we beat Dundee United 3-1 at Easter Road in 2006. Good crowd that day as anyone who kept their ticket stub was able to buy a ticket for the SC semi final against the Yams.

Gary Smith scored that game didn't he? Used to be a running joke with me and my mate that whenever we got a corner Gary Smith was going to score. We went extra nuts at that goal.

Ah beer, it reopens all sorts of random memories.

zlatan
08-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Gary Smith scored that game didn't he? Used to be a running joke with me and my mate that whenever we got a corner Gary Smith was going to score. We went extra nuts at that goal.

That game was great, place seemed to go extra mental because it was Gary :not worth

Let's not recall what happened when the 2 teams met again 7 days later...

Technofob
08-12-2012, 12:52 AM

Gary was as surprised as us when he scored - didn't know how to celebrate - just ran back to our box ready for thekick off!!!

givescotlandfreedom
08-12-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm sure the goal was announced as someone else when smudger scored too.

Diclonius
08-12-2012, 01:54 AM

4/ ??

We've beaten United seven times at ER this decade. :greengrin

wearethehibs
08-12-2012, 05:52 AM
Wouldn't mind beating Ross County at some point. They've given me 1 of my most gutting games following Hibs in that Scottish Cup replay.