PDA

View Full Version : Club Membership WTF is that?

Bristolhibby
07-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Saw this on the Hearts ticketing information.

Club Members
From 10am on Monday 17th December, valid Club Members may purchase one ticket per Club Membership.

What are Club Members? I never saw anything advertising this.

I took it out last year £20, for a years membership. Is last years still valid? Or was there a new scheme?

Cheers

J

LancashireHibby
07-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Last year's is still valid although god knows when it expires. I've been buying club member tickets all season (ie no booking fee and being able to use my membership card on the turnstile rather than picking up a ticket). Rather pleased as it should mean I will get a Hearts ticket without a problem.

ginger_rice
07-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Saw this on the Hearts ticketing information.

Club Members
From 10am on Monday 17th December, valid Club Members may purchase one ticket per Club Membership.

What are Club Members? I never saw anything advertising this.

I took it out last year £20, for a years membership. Is last years still valid? Or was there a new scheme?

Cheers

J

I've got one think they are valid until about Feb AFAIK the club are not intending to renew them.

Mr White
07-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Same scheme, your membership is still valid, as is mine. Great value for 20quid.

Juice-Terry
07-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Does this mean that if you have a club membership AND a season ticket you can buy two tickets for the derby before the general sale?

PatHead
07-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Are you fat and need 2 seats?

hibbysam
07-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Does this mean that if you have a club membership AND a season ticket you can buy two tickets for the derby before the general sale?

You would be allowed one before the 17th and as many as you want after the 17th as you get unlimited tickets with your season from that date.

saltandsauce
07-12-2012, 09:13 PM
I've got one think they are valid until about Feb AFAIK the club are not intending to renew them.

Shame if true,I've enjoyed buying several games at a time on my card,thus giving Hibs cash up front for games that I can attend. I cannot get every saturday off before people suggest a season ticket

Bristolhibby
07-12-2012, 09:24 PM
That's good to know, up for the Boxing Day game so no booking fee.

J

madabouthibs
07-12-2012, 09:45 PM
I think they were valid for a year and only sold in January?
I think......

Juice-Terry
08-12-2012, 12:03 AM
You would be allowed one before the 17th and as many as you want after the 17th as you get unlimited tickets with your season from that date.

Ta - should have looked it up.

Juice-Terry
08-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Are you fat and need 2 seats?

Oi! Thick maybe, but not (particularly) fat. :greengrin

TheEastTerrace
08-12-2012, 01:00 AM
The club won't be continuing the club member for a second year.

bathhibby
08-12-2012, 06:51 AM
Source ?

Steve-O
08-12-2012, 06:53 AM
And why are they not continuing it? What's the point of inventing this club membership scheme but ditching it after 1 year? :confused:

jgl07
08-12-2012, 08:08 AM
And why are they not continuing it? What's the point of inventing this club membership scheme but ditching it after 1 year? :confused:

I suspect they want to encourage (half) season ticket sales at this point in time.

I think it may well be introduced at some point in the future.

Golden Bear
08-12-2012, 08:13 AM

I think the privileges it offered upset some of our season ticket uber fans.

Jealousy is an awfy thing.

:wink:

Jack
08-12-2012, 08:22 AM

Hibs are looking at various options for 'club memberships' in the future.

Purple & Green
08-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Got me a cup final ticket - I thought it was great for £20 with a game thrown in.

I vote to keep it.

TheEastTerrace
08-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Source ?

Russell Smith.

Not sure why. As someone who can't make every Saturday I liked it and it was easy for me to go online and load my ticket to the card. I was disappointed to hear it won't continue but I think something not too dissimilar will be introduced in future

LancashireHibby
08-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Would be very disappointed if they didn't continue the scheme. Was great for someone like me who, with all the will in the world, simply can't afford to commit to a full or half season ticket.

ginger_rice
08-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Would be very disappointed if they didn't continue the scheme. Was great for someone like me who, with all the will in the world, simply can't afford to commit to a full or half season ticket.

Same here

SouthamptonHibs
08-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Hopefully they keep it up!

Im a current member, i'd suggest to Hibs to charge £40 for it, great way to make money and help fans to feel part of the club!
I'm in a lucky position, i now donate to the Hibernians scheme that way Hibs get 100% of the money, used to be a season ticket holder but couldn't make most of the games, the taxman got 20% of my money (VAT).
Being a club member feels great, hopefully they keep it up

Hail HAil

Golden Bear
08-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Another vote for the continuation of the Membership Scheme from me.

:aok: