07-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Are we getting a new one any time soon?

Seems to have gone pretty quiet on this. :confused:

SMAXXA
07-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Pat Fenlon

Craig_in_Prague
07-12-2012, 09:48 PM
I believe they targeted the game in March against Wales, seems they are in no rush......so I would expect we could wait till February on any news.

jacomo
07-12-2012, 09:53 PM
I believe they targeted the game in March against Wales, seems they are in no rush......so I would expect we could wait till February on any news.

But clubs are starting to panic and there have been a few changes in England especially. What if, say, Strachan gets a job offer. Will the SFA panic?

SMAXXA
07-12-2012, 09:57 PM
But clubs are starting to panic and there have been a few changes in England especially. What if, say, Strachan gets a job offer. Will the SFA panic?

But what if Martin O'Neil or mancini get sacked? :greengrin every cloud and all that eh

CallumLaidlaw
07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Typical SFA incompetence. Why wait until right before our next qualifier before appointing anyone? :confused:
Why not get the new guy in ASAP, allowing him to get to work on his squad and maybe having a gathering in January with potential squad members.

SMAXXA
07-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Typical SFA incompetence. Why wait until right before our next qualifier before appointing anyone? :confused:
Why not get the new guy in ASAP, allowing him to get to work on his squad and maybe having a gathering in January with potential squad members.

Cause they would have to start paying him? :dunno:

scott7_0(Prague)
07-12-2012, 10:07 PM

Rafa will be back on the market by then..................

Big_Franck
07-12-2012, 11:24 PM

I like to bash the SFA as much as the next man but they may be doing the right thing here. With the next competitive game not until March there is no rush. At the moment none of the names that are being banded about inspire me with any confidence at all. They are quite right to wait and see who becomes available between now and February IMO.

lucky
07-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Who cares?

hibs4thecup1988
07-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Who cares?

I don't understand this attitude! Yes the last manager never had an absolute scooby do! But really...the nights we had against France and others lately you have not got a bit excited or proud?

All I hope is that the new man has the ability to get the best out of what IMHO is a great squad of players.

We shall see!

CB_NO3
07-12-2012, 11:59 PM
I don't understand this attitude! Yes the last manager never had an absolute scooby do! But really...the nights we had against France and others lately you have not got a bit excited or proud?

All I hope is that the new man has the ability to get the best out of what IMHO is a great squad of players.

We shall see!
Average players at best. We have boys that will run about and put in tackles but as football players they are rank rotten imo.

hibs4thecup1988
08-12-2012, 12:06 AM
McGregor or Gordon - 2 brilliant keepers on their day!

Defence is a bit shaky I give you that. But even at that Berra, Caldwell, Whittaker, should all be good enough to beat certain teams.

Midfield...we have Darren Fletcher, Charlie Adam, Kris Commons 3 players that have loads of experience and play at a high level

Strikers... We have Steven Fletcher, Kenny Miller, Jordan Rhodes. Again 3 strikers that should be able to do the business at International level.

I have probably missed players out as it has been a long day. But there are 11 players that the squad could be worked around and that should be good enough to finish top 3 in groups if not higher!

Silversand
08-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Defence is a bit shaky I give you that. But even at that Berra, Caldwell, Whittaker, should all be good enough to beat certain teams.

I think this explains your lack of football knowledge.

SMAXXA
08-12-2012, 12:11 AM
McGregor or Gordon - 2 brilliant keepers on their day!

Midfield...we have Darren Fletcher, Charlie Adam, Kris Commons 3 players that have loads of experience and play at a high level

Strikers... We have Steven Fletcher, Kenny Miller, Jordan Rhodes. Again 3 strikers that should be able to do the business at International level.

I have probably missed players out as it has been a long day. But there are 11 players that the squad could be worked around and that should be good enough to finish top 3 in groups if not higher!

You've basically just quoted most of the dross that's let us down the last x amount of years.

Take a radical approach and play your griffiths, mackay-stevens, russels, templetons and shinnys of this world. Fresh start and develop a team for the next 7 or 8 years.

hibeefan95
08-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Colin Calderwood