PDA

View Full Version : Terry Butcher

Diclonius
07-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Complimentary about us in the media ahead of the game - a nice change.

"They're second, we're third - so obviously we want to leapfrog them. "It's just amazing where we are and where we've come from when you think about the two clubs.
"Both clubs like to score, both clubs like to get the ball down and pass it and both clubs are capable of getting good results.
"With their win in the Edinburgh derby last week I'm sure they'll be coming here confident. We want to keep this three-match unbeaten run going and make it four.
"The big games and big weeks just keep on coming for us."

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Even though he used to play for that club that died, you never heard him spout their bigoted propaganda.

An ex hun who can hold his head high in scottish football, even though he's hardly been a success as a manager until quite recently.

hibs4thecup1988
07-12-2012, 04:36 PM
I Like Butcher. Will never forget his massive rant last season on the radio. Went flying off the handle at Old Firm, referees, media all in one. Would be a serious contender for us as a manager before Fenlon came IMO.

Teuchter Hibbie
07-12-2012, 05:01 PM
seems to be able to get the best out of his players. the current caley squad is nothing special, but he's got them firing into teams left, right and centre. maybe not the most tactically astute manager around, but he obviously commands a lot of respect from his players, and he has them as fit as the proverbial butcher's dog (no pun intended).

JeMeSouviens
07-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Even though he used to play for that club that died, you never heard him spout their bigoted propaganda.

An ex hun who can hold his head high in scottish football, even though he's hardly been a success as a manager until quite recently.

Seemingly there's a bit in his book (not that I've read it) about how he started to get sucked into the whole murky world of Hunnism but his missus gave him a big talking to and he snapped out of it. Considering the budgets at ICT he's doing an amazing job. Similarly at Motherwell when they were recovering from admin. Seems as long as he has no money he does fine. :confused:

stoneyburn hibs
07-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Butcher is one of the good guys i think , not afraid to speak his mind . Tells it like it is and is honest with it.

StevieC
07-12-2012, 05:32 PM
He is a nutter when he needs to be, and a gentleman when he doesn't
He's thought very highly of in footballing circles.

Mr White
07-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Good man manager and astute in the transfer market with young players and loan signings.

Bostonhibby
07-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Liked him before and after he said good things about us - no idea why the SFA aren't all over him to be Scotland manager.

IWasThere2016
07-12-2012, 06:11 PM
He is a nutter when he needs to be, and a gentleman when he doesn't
He's thought very highly of in footballing circles.

This. I like him.

Stevie Reid
07-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Seemingly there's a bit in his book (not that I've read it) about how he started to get sucked into the whole murky world of Hunnism but his missus gave him a big talking to and he snapped out of it. Considering the budgets at ICT he's doing an amazing job. Similarly at Motherwell when they were recovering from admin. Seems as long as he has no money he does fine. :confused:

To be fair, Motherwell finished bottom of the SPL with him in charge, but didn't go down due Falkirk's stadium situation. They were good the following season though.

Has done a superb job at Inverness though, have been very impressed with how his team has performed and by how he has conducted himself.

Tinribs
07-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Liked him before and after he said good things about us - no idea why the SFA aren't all over him to be Scotland manager.

Please don't wish that on the poor man, he was nice about us :thumbsup:

keithkeith
07-12-2012, 08:38 PM
I worked with him for a while. He was a gentleman. Can't speak highly enough of him and always have respect for him. Did a game with ex Rangers and Celtic players and every single one of them took £500 cheque, expect for Terry, who said "I don't want it, Son - give it to Cash for Kids".

:aok:

ginger_rice
07-12-2012, 08:51 PM
I worked with him for a while. He was a gentleman. Can't speak highly enough of him and always have respect for him. Did a game with ex Rangers and Celtic players and every single one of them took £500 cheque, expect for Terry, who said "I don't want it, Son - give it to Cash for Kids".

:aok:

He drank in my local in Bridge of Allan when he was with Oldhun, he is a genuinely decent guy.

Frazerbob
07-12-2012, 09:35 PM
I remember being in the Scotland team hotel bar in Macedonia the night before the game a few years ago. It was slap bang in the middle of the the main strip of bars and was heaving with Tartan Army. About 3am, the place was rocking and the lift doors opened. Out walked Butcher (then number 2), not quite in his jammies but not far off it, and shouted, "Would you lot shut the **** up....the players are trying to sleep!" Which was met with a deadly silence.....quickly followed by a chorus of "you're not English any more....." He then posed for a couple of photos and went back up to his room. Everyone did "shut the **** up". You don't ignore the big chap!

givescotlandfreedom
08-12-2012, 01:36 AM
He's not bad for an old current bun and clearly is still passionate about his football. Still we're capable of beating Inverness and IMO should have at ER.