PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Leigh Going Back to Wolves

AlbertK86
07-12-2012, 10:09 AM
from BBC Gossip

Wolves are poised to recall in-form striker Leigh Griffiths from his loan with Hibernian in January, dashing the Edinburgh club's hopes of a cut-price permanent transfer.
Full story: Daily Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/)

All previous info was that the manager down there didn't want him. However the fact he's been banging the goals in could re-focus the manager's mind

Do any of our 'in the know' guys have any further info on this

Sylar
07-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Could it not simply be that they're recalling his loan, forcing us to stump up and buy him?

bingo70
07-12-2012, 10:15 AM
It's not according to the BBC, its according to the daily record.

Part/Time Supporter
07-12-2012, 10:21 AM
It's not according to the BBC, its according to the daily record.

And there's nothing about this in the Hibs section of the Daily Record site.

Pretty Boy
07-12-2012, 10:25 AM
They aren't recalling him in January, his loan ends in January so he goes back to Wolves if no agreement is reached.

That has been the case since the initial loan deal was signed. More quality reporting from the Daily Rangers.

jacomo
07-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Can't find the source for this.

However, "are poised to" and "could" are the classic choices of the scoundrel journalist. In other words: "No news to report and I don't know either way, but I'm going to write something that might happen anyhow".

Captain Trips
07-12-2012, 10:56 AM
I would be surprised if Wolves or another club are not interested in him. The loan has suited Wolves they can maybe see uf he us worth one more run.

This is the problem with loans as main players, I would only take on loans with 6 month duration with first refusal. I am glad we have cut down the loans at club but we cannot have uncertantity with key players every few months.

I like Leigh and hope we can get him on a contract, now is the time to sign him properly or move on.

Hibercelona
07-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Full story: Daily Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/)

I was worried for about 3 full seconds until I noticed this part of your post.

DH1875
07-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Wolves aren't recalling anyone. His loan ends in January.

As for his move, well the ball is firmly in his court. He's out of contract in the summer so nothing to stop him from signing a pre contract with us in January. That way Wolves can't sell him and they'd be more than likely to let him leave in the January as they don't want him, won't get a fee, and will be paying his wages. Either way it's win win for us. We get him back in January or at worst, in the summer :aok:.

Course it only works if he signs the pre contract :panic:.

Billychaotic182
07-12-2012, 12:39 PM
As it says on the headline. BBC gossip are claiming that he will be recalled

Wolves are poised to recall in-form striker Leigh Griffiths from his loan with Hibernian in January, dashing the Edinburgh club's hopes of a cut-price permanent transfer.

scoopyboy
07-12-2012, 12:49 PM
His last game is the derby on the 3rd.

He will then return to Wolves.

Our next game is the 19th against Dundee, by that time Leigh will have either p***** off Wolves or we will have bought him or extended his loan.

Too early to panic.

I have no info on the above it is merely an educated guess.

Frazerbob
07-12-2012, 12:58 PM

Our next game is the 19th against Dundee, by that time Leigh will have either p***** off Wolves or we will have bought him or extended his loan.

Too early to panic.

Haha, the most likely scenario. :thumbsup:

1two
07-12-2012, 01:01 PM

Too early to panic.

You should have added "poised to" or "could" to your post for a more dramatic effect

heretoday
07-12-2012, 02:42 PM
You should have added "poised to" or "could" to your post for a more dramatic effect

Or "set". Hibs are set to lose Leigh Griffiths. The handiest word in hack journalism.

Keith_M
07-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Could one of the Admins please rename this thread to 'Daily Record writes unfounded report about LG going back to Wolves'.

lapsedhibee
07-12-2012, 03:02 PM
More quality reporting from the Daily Rangers.

I strongly object to you referring to The Daily Record as The Daily Rangers, which is just helping to perpetuate a falsehood (namely that The Daily Record is nothing more than a mouthpiece for Rangers FC).

In fact The Daily Record is nothing more than a mouthpiece for The Rangers FC, a completely different club, and hence should be properly referred to as The Daily The Rangers.

Happy to set etc.