PDA

View Full Version : Home match vs Celtic 29th Dec

lugz
07-12-2012, 09:13 AM
I see this match is still scheduled to go ahead at 3pm on the Saturday. Does anyone know/think that this will be moved for to be put on tele?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Bill Milne
07-12-2012, 09:16 AM
I don't know if it would matter but it is down to be broadcast by BBB Alba so may not be available for Sky or ESPN. That said, I'm not holding my breath here!!

hibs4thecup1988
07-12-2012, 09:20 AM
I am sure some of the guys who do LWT with Hibs said they were told it would NOT be getting moved.

3pm Saturday vs Celtic NOT on tv...with a potential 5000 free tickets for the home end? Surely we can match or beat Sundays attendance?

lugz
07-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks for that I'd imagine if it was to be on sky/ESPN that they would have to give more notice than 3 weeks.

Trying to make arrangements for that weekend but the uncertainty isn't helping. I've contacted the club through twitter for confirmation.

lugz
07-12-2012, 09:22 AM
You'd hope that would be a big attendance especially if we are still within touching distance of them. No reason we can't be!

DC_Hibs
07-12-2012, 09:27 AM
The club confirmed to someones query a few weeks back that it was going ahead on that date.

Even the TV companies wouldn't change things 3 weeks before.

lugz
07-12-2012, 09:28 AM
The club confirmed to someones query a few weeks back that it was going ahead on that date.

Even the TV companies wouldn't change things 3 weeks before.

Perfect, thanks for the help.

hibs4thecup1988
07-12-2012, 09:34 AM
You'd hope that would be a big attendance especially if we are still within touching distance of them. No reason we can't be!

Exactly! If we are only a few points off celtic by the time the game comes around then we should be looking at a sell out. Anything less than 19500 and to be honest Petrie could call it a day.

I know the fascination with attendances but its my point of view. Sorry!

scoopyboy
07-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Exactly! If we are only a few points off celtic by the time the game comes around then we should be looking at a sell out. Anything less than 19500 and to be honest Petrie could call it a day.

Because anything less than 19500 is Petrie's fault!!!!

Get a grip:confused:

Lucius Apuleius
07-12-2012, 09:48 AM

No understandy.

Billy Whizz
07-12-2012, 09:49 AM

He's only given away around 3,000 tickets

GoldenEagle
07-12-2012, 09:52 AM

Your right. Anything less than that then I'll NEVER be back. The thought of not getting 20k at a home game is disgusting, shameful and the gates should be padlocked immediately after the final whistle.

hibs4thecup1988
07-12-2012, 09:56 AM
I didn't mean it would be Petrie's fault. What I meant was he has offered this to us, we are sitting right behind Celtic, and have a team worth backing.

If we don't have fans willing to come out and support this then what more can Petrie do, or anybody do?

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2012, 10:17 AM
I didn't mean it would be Petrie's fault. What I meant was he has offered this to us, we are sitting right behind Celtic, and have a team worth backing.

If we don't have fans willing to come out and support this then what more can Petrie do, or anybody do?Rome was not built in a day.

Also 2/3 years of a good team is more inviting to back than 5 months of a good team.

lugz
07-12-2012, 10:53 AM
As expected from the the feedback on here, the club just came back to me to confirm the game is definitely 3pm k.o

Have to give the club credit every time I contact them through twitter or email they are excellent at getting back to me.

Hibbyradge
07-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Anything less than 19500 and to be honest Petrie could call it a day.

Brilliant! :faf:

FWIW, if it's not on TV, I think it will be close to a sell out.

We'll also undoubtedly have to contend with the smellies trying to get tickets for our stands.

Broken Gnome
07-12-2012, 11:00 AM

We'll also undoubtedly have to contend with the smellies trying to get tickets for our stands.

Only way we'll manage it is three points on Boxing Day and at least a point at home to Motherwell. Avoiding defeat at Kilmarnock too would help to encourage people.

Hibbyradge
07-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Tickets are now on sale.

silverhibee
07-12-2012, 11:22 AM

When i went down to to get my spare two tickets a couple of weeks ago the East was almost sold out for the celtc game, was struggling to get seats together, if we are still up there competing at the top then this will be the game that sells out ER.

GGTTH

DH1875
07-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I can think of at least 2 games when they've changed the kick-off time/date with less than 3 weeks to go :hide:. Pretty sure the home league game with the Yams was changed with only a week till kick off and Inverness away last season was a problem.

Mikeystewart
07-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Assuming this gets moved, does anyone have any idea when?

Onceinawhile
07-12-2012, 11:40 AM
It's not getting moved. See the thread below about the game.

scoopyboy
07-12-2012, 12:52 PM
I can think of at least 2 games when they've changed the kick-off time/date with less than 3 weeks to go :hide:. Pretty sure the home league game with the Yams was changed with only a week till kick off and Inverness away last season was a problem.

Dundee Utd was another for the first game this season.

However the game is going ahead on Saturday 29th at 3pm.

Hibbyradge
07-12-2012, 02:31 PM
I've just been down to the shop to buy my tickets.

Sales do seem to be going well.

I couldn't find 2 decent seats together in the West upper so got two in the West lower instead, around the 18 yard line.

Keith_M
07-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I am sure some of the guys who do LWT with Hibs said they were told it would NOT be getting moved.

3pm Saturday vs Celtic NOT on tv...with a potential 5000 free tickets for the home end? Surely we can match or beat Sundays attendance?

Go away and bake a Cake, you still have 1M to raise or your club goes bust.

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2012, 04:12 PM

Aye it's all Petrie's fault that our fans can't be bothered coming to watch when we are second in the league......:rolleyes:

PatHead
08-12-2012, 02:07 PM
My son got a half season in the FF a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't get his seat or anywhere in the FF lower and was given a ticket for Upper West so tickets must be going well.

MagicSwirlingShip
11-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Is there still time to claim a free ticket for season ticket holders, or have I missed the boat?

LioNeilMessi
11-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Is there still time to claim a free ticket for season ticket holders, or have I missed the boat?

The cut off was 24th of November but could be worth a try phoning up to see.