PDA

View Full Version : Fester - toys oot the pram

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2012, 05:18 PM
McGlynn must me feeling the heat given the way he conducted himself and responded to journalists on the STV news....What an odious wee fud....Gives other "baldies" a bad name:greengrin

AlbertK86
06-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Just seen Fester on STV loosing the tattie at the interviewer when asked about Sutton

Got well irritated and asked if the boy was a real journalist

Would have been even funnier if I could have had a translator .... boy can hardly string two words together

As Queen and Bowie once sung ...........Pressure pushing down on me ... Under Pressure !!!!!

GIRFUY

GGTTH

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-12-2012, 05:29 PM
The boy shouldve asked him if he was a real football manager.

MUPPET
06-12-2012, 05:31 PM
He is an End Bell.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2012, 05:32 PM

It was quality viewing, McGlynn's two brain cells must have been in overdrive:cb

hfc rd
06-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Sounds like a desperate man who is on the verge of losing his job. I hope I'm wrong though, as I think McGlynn is doing an absolute marvellous job at the PBS.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2012, 05:38 PM
It was quality viewing, McGlynn's two brain cells must have been in overdrive:cb

Good old bit-brain.

Just as well we only scored 1 any more and his brain would have over flowed ;)

Saorsa
any link?

HUTCHYHIBBY
I wonder if his wife gets a Xmas bonus from her work?

Mikey
06-12-2012, 05:41 PM
any link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwGWgItWw7s

Saorsa
06-12-2012, 05:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwGWgItWw7s:hilarious

Kojock
06-12-2012, 05:43 PM
I wonder if his wife gets a Xmas bonus from her work?

Depends on how lucky she gets at the staff Christmas party. Remember alcohol was invented so ugly birds get their share of loving.......

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2012, 05:45 PM

When daft Ed wrings his hands together, it would have been ace if interpretator had said to jouranlist "He thinks you are a plum, and wants to squeeze your nuts in a vice"..............

SMAXXA
06-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Depends on how lucky she gets at the staff Christmas party. Remember alcohol was invented so ugly birds get their share of loving.......

Even they widnae go near old slap heeds wife

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2012, 05:47 PM

She will probably be too old for most of the young molesters........Maybe Vlad will give her a wee bit of attention, seeing as he is not paying her stupid hubby.........Call it a payment of kind love....

WindyMiller
06-12-2012, 06:04 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/204504-john-mcglynn-was-john-sutton-a-proven-scorer-last-year-no-he-wasnt/

Saorsa
06-12-2012, 06:06 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/204504-john-mcglynn-was-john-sutton-a-proven-scorer-last-year-no-he-wasnt/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CVxm5d_3xFU/S6nZAV8HqwI/AAAAAAAAA0k/Y0F-FX6XHmU/s1600/toyspram.png

:thumbsup: :hilarious

Aldo
06-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Smells of desperation me thinks...

Saorsa
06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Smells if desperation me thinks......it that what it is? I thought it was something else....

Aldo
06-12-2012, 06:10 PM
...it that what it is? I thought it was something else....

That as well J.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2012, 06:13 PM
That as well J.

Naw he wisnae.....Quality grammar from McGlynnmeister

Phil D. Rolls
06-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Bit of a nob turning on the reporter IMO. There must be something in the water at the PBS, as all the jannies (except Sergio) usually end up lashing out as the pressure mounts. Anyone remember Robbo kicking the opposing manager at Murrayfield?

I have no sympathy for Fester, as right from the start he has shown no class in talking to the press. Some of the things he has said about us have been out of order. I really hope he can hang on in the job.

truehibernian
06-12-2012, 06:32 PM
All that interview has done is increased the volume of incoming calls to Sutton's agent - what an utterly disrespectful way to treat your own player.

Can we start a 'Keep McGlynn At Hearts' campaign this side of town ?

Hibs7
06-12-2012, 06:34 PM
What a to$$er, that is embarrassing, but hope he stays as their manager ;-)

Iggy Pope
06-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Bit of a nob turning on the reporter IMO. There must be something in the water at the PBS, as all the jannies (except Sergio) usually end up lashing out as the pressure mounts. Anyone remember Robbo kicking the opposing manager at Murrayfield?
I have no sympathy for Fester, as right from the start he has shown no class in talking to the press. Some of the things he has said about us have been out of order. I really hope he can hang on in the job.

Was it not their very same Csaba Laszlo who got that boot up the erse? Ferencvaros?

Westie1875
06-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Hilarious! :lolyam:

The journo was only asking the same question I've heard loads of people asking the last few days, they are crying out for an experienced striker yet leaving Sutton on the bench. All the better for the other teams though as this wee episode makes it even less likely that Fester will play him.

Phil D. Rolls
06-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Hilarious! :lolyam:

The journo was only asking the same question I've heard loads of people asking the last few days, they are crying out for an experienced striker yet leaving Sutton on the bench. All the better for the other teams though as this wee episode makes it even less likely that Fester will play him.

If he picked the team.

Kato
06-12-2012, 06:54 PM
To be fair he had had a bad shift today. Rotten weather to have to drive a bus and all those Christmas shoppers and tourists are pretty annoying.

Still a frugly, weirdo looking, Adams Family, bad loser, Jambo trumpet though.

Wonder what he thinks of the fax machines latest Lithuanian import. Must be easy when your signings are chosen for you.

Kato
06-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Was it not their very same Csaba Laszlo who got that boot up the erse? Ferencvaros?

A photo exists of that somewhere. Two Jambo managers looking like clowns for the price of one.

Onion
06-12-2012, 06:58 PM
If he picked the team.

:agree: Just what I was thinking. With Yams scoring record, you would definitely play Sutton cos even if he's not scoring he's a handful for most defences (other than the Hibs of course :greengrin) Smacks of someone else picking the team or Sutton has upset Vlad.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Why didn't he just come out and tell the truth about the situation and say that he doesn't get paid to make those sorts of decisions?

In fact he doesn't get paid full stop. :greengrin

What a cracking way of boosting team morale!

Keep it up, John! :aok:

lord bunberry
06-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Don't let the ******** drag you down john your doing a marvelous job you stick it out

scoopyboy
06-12-2012, 07:02 PM
McGlynn must me feeling the heat given the way he conducted himself and responded to journalists on the STV news....What an odious wee fud....Gives other "baldies" a bad name:greengrin

Brockie, not sure if you are meaning yourself or fester:greengrin

Saorsa
06-12-2012, 07:03 PM
A photo exists of that somewhere. Two Jambo managers looking like clowns for the price of one.not the kick but here's the two of them at it

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/04/article-1031773-01EC88BD0000044D-213_468x415.jpg

Sir David Gray
06-12-2012, 07:06 PM
To be fair he had had a bad shift today. Rotten weather to have to drive a bus and all those Christmas shoppers and tourists are pretty annoying.

Still a frugly, weirdo looking, Adams Family, bad loser, Jambo trumpet though.

Wonder what he thinks of the fax machines latest Lithuanian import. Must be easy when your signings are chosen for you.

Yeah and don't forget they were forced indoors at Riccarton today because of the weather and the 2nd year hockey team already had a pre-booking so having to share the facilities caused a bit of a headache for him.

Probably explains the irritable behaviour.

Kato
06-12-2012, 07:13 PM
not the kick but here's the two of them at it

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/04/article-1031773-01EC88BD0000044D-213_468x415.jpg

I knew it would be you that came up with something. There is more snaps of that inter-jumbly fracas out there.

iwasthere1972
06-12-2012, 07:45 PM
He was a proven goalscorer until he joined Hearts. That's what the journalist should have said.

Diclonius
06-12-2012, 07:59 PM
:agree: Just what I was thinking. With Yams scoring record, you would definitely play Sutton cos even if he's not scoring he's a handful for most defences (other than the Hibs of course :greengrin) Smacks of someone else picking the team or Sutton has upset Vlad.

Funnily enough, before Sutton signed for them he had 8 in 19 against us. I was convinced he was going to keep it up with our then record in derbies but that hasn't materialised. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
06-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Just seen Fester on STV loosing the tattie at the interviewer when asked about Sutton

Got well irritated and asked if the boy was a real journalistWould have been even funnier if I could have had a translator .... boy can hardly string two words together

As Queen and Bowie once sung ...........Pressure pushing down on me ... Under Pressure !!!!!

GIRFUY

GGTTH

Journo should have asked to see the manager.

matty_f
06-12-2012, 08:12 PM
What a welt.

Baader
06-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Fatty McGlynn was quick enough to try and dish it out before we dumped them out the Cup. Snidey remarks about our record and what could happen if they win. Well, Fester, you didn't - it's easy to do your talking before an event but people don't listen 'til after...

Suck it up you loser

:pfgwa

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2012, 08:23 PM
[/B]

Brockie, not sure if you are meaning yourself or fester:greengrin

:hmmm::tsk tsk::greengrin

Kato
06-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Fatty McGlynn was quick enough to try and dish it out before we dumped them out the Cup. Snidey remarks about our record and what could happen if they win. Well, Fester, you didn't - it's easy to do your talking before an event but people don't listen 'til after...

Suck it up you loser

:aok::aok::aok:

In any and all footballing terms the above is correct.

Which is why he's "Hearts Class".

Craig_in_Prague
06-12-2012, 08:31 PM
He shouldnt be on STV news at 6.. god damn tea-team ffs !
Could quite easily put many off their dinner.

tamig
06-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Did Yogi no have an equally embarrassing spat with a journo a couple of years back and ended up looking a total erse?

McGlynn's comments will no doubt fill his player with confidence and boost that siege mentality they thrive on at the PBS.

Eganov
06-12-2012, 08:48 PM

Somebody must have done "hitleresque" subtitles to this. Comedy gold

copycat
06-12-2012, 09:04 PM
oh dear!!

However I wonder oif his frustration is to do with him being told he CANT play him???

Also remember in pre-season and when he had a good run he was saying how good a goalscorer he is, mmm wonder what changed!!

macca70
06-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Was a different story 4 months ago:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/mcglynn-delighted-with-suttons-early-contribution.18398327?_=88f6892d65e5e92d41b3a9d207 48f1c157eaf4c9

copycat
06-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Was a different story 4 months ago:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/mcglynn-delighted-with-suttons-early-contribution.18398327?_=88f6892d65e5e92d41b3a9d207 48f1c157eaf4c9

ah that is exactly what i was reffering to above, knew my memory wasnt that bad!! :greengrin

BT58
06-12-2012, 09:34 PM
All the yams in my work are screaming for him to be sacked!!!!!, but i pointed out that did he not sign a 3 year deal at a much lower rate of pay that they could not afford his severance pay,,,think theyve finally realised that they are foo ked !!!!!
Bt

macca70
06-12-2012, 09:43 PM
In July, Sutton feared for his hearts future if Sergio had remained in charge:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/john-sutton-on-his-hearts-future-1190600

madabouthibs
06-12-2012, 09:45 PM
If he doesnt rate him then why stick him on with 15-20 mins to go when your seeking a goal??? Whit a silly fat slaphead! Lol

macca70
06-12-2012, 09:48 PM
2 months ago:

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/sports/mcglynn_no_achy_breaky_hearts

He has cut something of an isolated figure up front for Hearts, but McGlynn maintains belief in the striker's ability.

"We've really only got John Sutton as an experienced striker," the manager added.

Jonnyboy
06-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Anyone know if the journo in question is Mark Benstead? If so, he'll find a way of getting his own back :wink:

Hibby D
06-12-2012, 09:58 PM
The more I read about football Jambo style the less I understand it - what possible explanation could there be for leaving Sutton out? (And Zaliukis in? :confused:)

It must be to do with £££££'s no? :dunno:

Hibeesforever
06-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Maybe it is because John Sutton has done the dishonourable thing at Heart of Midlothian Football Club and asked to be paid to play!

Comedy club, comedy manager. Can't wait for the next derby chapter, I hope Uncle Fester is still in charge. If the above three year contract is true, ha ha ha. Fantastic news.

Saorsa
06-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Maybe it is because John Sutton has done the dishonourable thing at Heart of Midlothian Football Club and asked to be paid to play!

Comedy club, comedy manager. Can't wait for the next derby chapter, I hope Uncle Fester is still in charge. If the above three year contract is true, ha ha ha. Fantastic news.

:pfgwa:agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/jongleurs2.jpg

Saturdays Hero
06-12-2012, 10:03 PM
If he doesnt rate him then why stick him on with 15-20 mins to go when your seeking a goal??? Whit a silly fat slaphead! Lol

Playing upto the support,Sutton had just started his warm up when the ****s started 'there's only 1 John Sutton' and McGlynn couldn't get him on quick enough.

nonshinyfinish
06-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Fester is a total fanny. Long may it continue. :agree:

FranckSuzy
06-12-2012, 11:06 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CVxm5d_3xFU/S6nZAV8HqwI/AAAAAAAAA0k/Y0F-FX6XHmU/s1600/toyspram.png

:thumbsup: :hilarious

:faf: You're on fire the night J!

gillythehibby
06-12-2012, 11:37 PM
any link?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/204504-john-mcglynn-was-john-sutton-a-proven-scorer-last-year-no-he-wasnt/:thumbsup:

You should have watched the mourhino program the other night Fester to see how a top manager interviews. :agree:

IWasThere2016
07-12-2012, 05:36 AM
Fester is a total gimp :agree:

IWasThere2016
07-12-2012, 05:38 AM
Anyone got a note of his 'managerial' record at the Gimps - must be pish :agree:

Col2
07-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Anyone got a note of his 'managerial' record at the Gimps - must be pish :agree:

In all competitive games:-

Won 6
Drawn 7
Lost 8

Barney McGrew
07-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Maybe it is because John Sutton has done the dishonourable thing at Heart of Midlothian Football Club and asked to be paid

You've hit the nail on the head.

Not all of their squad deferred their wages.

lord bunberry
07-12-2012, 06:53 AM
In all competitive games:-

Won 6
Drawn 7
Lost 8

He must be heading towards Steven Fail territory with that record

Judas Iscariot
07-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Sutton never starts because he gets a massive bonus if he's in the 1st 11...

#FromTheCapital
07-12-2012, 08:02 AM

He's supposed to at least :wink:

Read a quote from McGlynn in the paper this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find out he has a 2 year contract with them that he is determined to see out. :jmcp:
I thought he was only meant to be there till the end of the season :aok: Assuming hearts last that long of course...

poolman
07-12-2012, 10:30 AM

:tsk tsk: He's managed Easthouses Lily dont ya know

poolman
07-12-2012, 10:39 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/204504-john-mcglynn-was-john-sutton-a-proven-scorer-last-year-no-he-wasnt/:thumbsup:

You should have watched the mourhino program the other night Fester to see how a top manager interviews. :agree:

That was class :agree:

Hibby Kay-Yay
07-12-2012, 10:58 AM
He's supposed to at least :wink:

Read a quote from McGlynn in the paper this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find out he has a 2 year contract with them that he is determined to see out. :jmcp:
I thought he was only meant to be there till the end of the season :aok: Assuming hearts last that long of course...

In the same article he was also asked why he does not play a proven goal scorer in Sutton. His answer...

"Look at his goal scoring record from last season, that's not a proven goal scorer"

His motivational words will no doubt inspire and re-assure John Sutton that he is at the right club :greengrin

fat freddy
07-12-2012, 11:02 AM
The Mourhino programme demonstrated the qualities required to manage at the very top level...The fact that Mourhino has a better command of the English language than McGlynn, despite English being his third language, highlights just how unfit for the job the volunteer worker is....Fester strikes me as being an under educated sort and im surprised that hearts dont send him on a media training course to help him communicate with the media in a more positive manner....if i was a company chairman and i saw one of my senior managers behaving in the way Fester does towards a media that gives me free publicity I would have no choice but to discipline him....the fact that hearts don't speaks volumes.

#FromTheCapital
07-12-2012, 11:03 AM
In the same article he was also asked why he does not play a proven goal scorer in Sutton. His answer...

"Look at his goal scoring record from last season, that's not a proven goal scorer"

His motivational words will no doubt inspire and re-assure John Sutton that he is at the right club :greengrin

:faf:

Excellent man management from Mr McGlynn, hopefully this convinces the jokers running hearts to give him an extended contract.

lord bunberry
07-12-2012, 02:33 PM
The Mourhino programme demonstrated the qualities required to manage at the very top level...The fact that Mourhino has a better command of the English language than McGlynn, despite English being his third language, highlights just how unfit for the job the volunteer worker is....Fester strikes me as being an under educated sort and im surprised that hearts dont send him on a media training course to help him communicate with the media in a more positive manner....if i was a company chairman and i saw one of my senior managers behaving in the way Fester does towards a media that gives me free publicity I would have no choice but to discipline him....the fact that hearts don't speaks volumes.

The problem with sending uncle fester on a media training course is that said media training course will cost money and hearts don't have any. And how will hearts be able to discipline someone they don't even pay

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2012, 02:43 PM
The problem with sending uncle fester on a media training course is that said media training course will cost money and hearts don't have any. And how will hearts be able to discipline someone they don't even pay

I think it would be good money after bad. It would make as much sense as booking driving lessons for Stevie Wonder.

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2012, 03:03 PM
:faf:

Excellent man management from Mr McGlynn, hopefully this convinces the jokers running hearts to give him an extended contract.

McGlynn is the David Brent of football manager's........

Technofob
07-12-2012, 03:12 PM

Had that discussion with my mate after the match. Does anyone ITK know how it works - if you only come on for Xminutes do you only get X appearace money or if you don't start you get nada??

Think that makes sense!!

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2012, 03:14 PM
john McGlynn = hertz class :aok:

Mr White
07-12-2012, 03:30 PM
McGlynn is the David Brent of football manager's........
Indeed. If you were trying to create a fictional character suitable for managing the comedy club that is HMFC, it'd be difficult to get one as cringeworthy as big John "my wife works ken" mcglynn.

NOLA
07-12-2012, 03:43 PM

journo should have asked him how many goals paterson had scored this season :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
07-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Had that discussion with my mate after the match. Does anyone ITK know how it works - if you only come on for Xminutes do you only get X appearace money or if you don't start you get nada??

Think that makes sense!!

It's down to being a 1st pick rather than minutes on pitch...

Not sure on figures but will be something like..

Basic wage - £600 p/w, if starting - £1200 p/w, + win & goal bonus' on top

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2012, 03:50 PM
journo should have asked him how many goals paterson had scored this season :greengrin

It would be a bit naff, picking on a players lack of goals, at a news conference. Only a classless fud would do that.

truehibernian
07-12-2012, 04:18 PM

Think that makes sense!!

To me it looks very much like Sutton's contract is like that of Andrew Driver - the key words within the contract are 'starts' and/or 'appearances' - I am led to believe Driver's contract is very specific and money relates to starts, not appearances - hence he appears from the bench these days. I think within his I've heard it's broken down into set targets I.e he gets more cash after say x amount of starts for Hearts, not appearances - this could in fact explain why Sutton and Medhi T are quite often benched.

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2012, 04:25 PM
To me it looks very much like Sutton's contract is like that of Andrew Driver - the key words within the contract are 'starts' and/or 'appearances' - I am led to believe Driver's contract is very specific and money relates to starts, not appearances - hence he appears from the bench these days. I think within his I've heard it's broken down into set targets I.e he gets more cash after say x amount of starts for Hearts, not appearances - this could in fact explain why Sutton and Medhi T are quite often benched.

I think Hibs did the same thing with John O'Neill.

scoopyboy
07-12-2012, 04:26 PM
It's down to being a 1st pick rather than minutes on pitch...

Not sure on figures but will be something like..

Basic wage - £600 p/w, if starting - £1200 p/w, + win & goal bonus' on top

Sutton, Hammill, Taouil (sp?) and Grainger all get in the region of 4k a week if starting.

No wonder they are in debt.

Mikey
07-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Sutton, Hammill, Taouil (sp?) and Grainger all get in the region of 4k a week if starting.

Quite ironic that Hammill is being kept out of the team by McGowan, and if they get rid of McGowan in January to save money it'll go on his replacement's wages.......... Hammill :greengrin

truehibernian
07-12-2012, 04:38 PM

According to an ex player I spoke to this week FR, younger/youth player contracts tend to be appearance based which kind of makes sense - established players contracts are quite often based on starts and reaching milestone targets (50, 100 games etc).

It would explain Hearts' rather strange selection policy of leaving out Sutton for example, especially when their side is so low scoring.

ekhibee
07-12-2012, 06:48 PM

and could also explain why Sutton hasn't put in for a transfer request after Mcglynn's grumpy and disrespectful comments. I really wonder at some of the Hearts players, and I wonder who the real motivators in the team are. Webster? Zaliukas? Maybe it's just whoever gets paid regularly, there can't be many of them.

hibsdaft70
07-12-2012, 07:14 PM
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/196667_3652005580339_1043192656_n.jpg

lord bunberry
07-12-2012, 07:23 PM

With one big difference hibs paid him

IWasThere2016
07-12-2012, 07:30 PM
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/196667_3652005580339_1043192656_n.jpg

:greengrin

Diclonius
07-12-2012, 08:16 PM

I remember them, they were the four big money signings all made on the same day at the start of.. Which season? 2007, long before all the payment problems? No? Must surely be 2008 then, they clearly contributed to it all kicking off? No? 2009 alongside Ian Black, surely? 2010, along with another inflated wage paid to Darren Barr?

No, they were signed in May 2011.

It actually beggars belief how they were allowed to buy those four players on those wages just over a year ago.

:brickwall

Geo_1875
07-12-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm just surprised he didn't resort to having a dig at Hibs during his interview. Something like we've scored more goals than their top scorer so we're better than Hibs.