PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thomson...cleared?

NewHibby
06-12-2012, 05:52 PM
The yams are debating whether he should be allowed back in the team!
Good god! They are now debating legalisation of underage....you couldn't make it up!!!

Haymaker
06-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Can you imagine the amount of abuse he will receive from the fans at every stadium?

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 05:57 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/121526-craig-thomson/

You couldn't make it up! :bitchy:

hibees 7062
06-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Better right back than Gowzer. Probably a better human being as well. From Beastback .
They just hate everybody eh ?

Golden Bear
06-12-2012, 06:06 PM
The yams are debating whether he should be allowed back in the team!!

Is this the Ref or the player you are on about?

:wink:

Bob1875
06-12-2012, 06:07 PM
He's more than served his sentence, he should be given a 2nd chance. Maybe he doesn't have a future at Hearts but maybe elsewhere, he's only 21 after all.

Hibernia Na Eir
06-12-2012, 06:07 PM
once a paedo always a paedo.

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 06:15 PM
He's more than served his sentence, he should be given a 2nd chance. Maybe he doesn't have a future at Hearts but maybe elsewhere, he's only 21 after all.

Served his sentence? He simply got shifted to another country while continuing to receive a huge wad of cash from Hearts.

He hasn't been punished in any way.

#FromTheCapital
06-12-2012, 06:23 PM
He got placed on the sex offenders register for another offence which he admitted to. He is still very much a manky Paedo this verdict does not change that fact.

Bob1875
06-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Served his sentence? He simply got shifted to another country while continuing to receive a huge wad of cash from Hearts.

I don't think it was as easy as that. I'd imagine his life has been hell for the last few years. If your average guy on the street was guilty of the same charges he'd be in another job carrying on as normal by now.

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't think it was as easy as that. I'd imagine his life has been hell for the last few years. If your average guy on the street was guilty of the same charges he'd be in another job carrying on as normal by now.

His life would have been a great deal more hellish if he had remained here.

Nobody knows about his "reputation" over there, so I doubt his life has been that tough.

lord bunberry
06-12-2012, 06:29 PM
The boy is hearts class

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-12-2012, 06:29 PM
In the current climate, with all the publicity from the Jimmy Saville scandal, a move like this would be a PR disaster. IMO despite any claim that he has served his time, you cannot bring an example like this back into a high profile sport where role models are key.

Pretty Boy
06-12-2012, 06:31 PM

He was fined £4000 and placed on the sex offenders register for 5 years. He will also likely be blacklisted by the PVG scheme so his future employment opportunities post football will be restricted.

No time for the guy and what he was convicted of was abhorrent but he's been sentenced in line with the guidelines and not just 'shifted to another country'.

Fwiw no way do I think Hearts should be considering playing him.

hfc rd
06-12-2012, 06:31 PM
once a paedo always a paedo.

Exactly. Those yams are absolutely filthy disgusting human beings if they are considering getting this paedo back into their side. The sooner they die, the better.

Aldo
06-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Dirty bar steward.. Vlad will be looking for some dosh fur him.

Lucky laddie cos if it had been one if my girls I wouldn't be responsible for my actions and what I would do to him.

Once a beast always a beast

Bob1875
06-12-2012, 06:33 PM
His life would have been a great deal more hellish if he had remained here.

Nobody knows about his "reputation" over there, so I doubt his life has been that tough.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure he was only across there for a year on and off so the majority of his time since the charges have been spent in Scotland. If this was a player of a different SPL side then Hibs fans wouldn't quite seethe as much.

SRHibs
06-12-2012, 06:40 PM
The vast majority are of the opinion that he should be nowhere near Hearts. The one person who claimed he was a better human being than McGowan was obviously taking the piss, too.

DarrenSQH
06-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Can this thread title be changed as its misleading. He was found guilty twice before. Just got off with a third case is all.

If your found guilty of murdering 2 out of 3 people then your still a murderer.

Disc O'Dave
06-12-2012, 06:53 PM
In the current climate, with all the publicity from the Jimmy Saville scandal, a move like this would be a PR disaster. IMO despite any claim that he has served his time, you cannot bring an example like this back into a high profile sport where role models are key.

He should give Max Clifford a call.......oh, wait a minute....... :wink:

Leishy1995
06-12-2012, 06:54 PM
According to people who knew the girls, it's no shock they'd have got a boy to do this. Very naive lad who was like 18 when he actually done it. I wouldn't have him back at Hibs if the roles reversed though.

lapsedhibee
06-12-2012, 06:58 PM
According to people who knew the girls, it's no shock they'd have got a boy to do this. Very naive lad who was like 18 when he actually done it. I wouldn't have him back at Hibs if the roles reversed though.

He was duped then?

Aldo
06-12-2012, 07:11 PM
He should give Max Clifford a call.......oh, wait a minute....... :wink:

Touché

Pretty Boy
06-12-2012, 07:16 PM

Sorry not an excuse.

Guy walks into a club and sees a girl done up, gets chatting and she says she's 18. Later he finds out she's only 15. I have a certain level of sympathy for someone in that situation.

Thomson on the other hand knew very well what age the girls were and was was well aware of what he was doing. No ammount of naivety excuses it.

06-12-2012, 07:20 PM
That sleazy, disgusting, child abusing pervert fits in well with that vermin over at tynecastle. Hearts supporters are the absolute lowest of the low so its doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they would be happy for this convicted pedophile to wear their colours and take their wages (I mean its not as if they haven't employed that type before!).

The fact that hearts didn't immediately sack this beast after his awful secrets were revealed and he was convicted of these horrible sexual antics towards young kids is disgusting to say the least and they even defended him for quite some time, it was only when their sponsors threatened to walk away that they finally acted and sacked the *******.

Words really do fail me with that mob, absolutely no decency or morals what so ever :rolleyes:

06-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Sorry not an excuse.

Guy walks into a club and sees a girl done up, gets chatting and she says she's 18. Later he finds out she's only 15. I have a certain level of sympathy for someone in that situation.

Thomson on the other hand knew very well what age the girls were and was was well aware of what he was doing. No ammount of naivety excuses it.

:agree:

Pete
06-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Maybe they've always been a club for nonces and its only things like social media that have recently highlighted the fact.

Players, fans, managers...the full set.

Pretty Boy
06-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Maybe they've always been a club for nonces and its only things like social media that have recently highlighted the fact.

Players, fans, managers...the full set.

Wee Airdrie Jambo agrees.

Greendub
06-12-2012, 07:25 PM
His life will basically be over here, forget getting abuse at stadiums, how about in the street?

He'll get done in

clerriehibs
06-12-2012, 07:33 PM

His normal or normal normal?

06-12-2012, 07:38 PM
His life will basically be over here, forget getting abuse at stadiums, how about in the street?

He'll get done in

Agreed. As much as I don't agree with it, there are vigilantes out there who would make his life hell, especially since he's a footballer and been in the public spotlight so folk might be out to get him to make a name for themselves.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2012, 07:49 PM
There's surely no way that he can ever play a competitive football match in Scotland again.

What he has done has been considered serious enough for him to be placed on the sex offenders' register for 5 years and he still has 3 and a half years of that left yet.

Under normal circumstances, someone on the sex offenders' register would struggle to gain employment of any kind so the possibility that he could somehow be playing professional football beggars belief.

I can't believe that even Hearts would make such a massive mistake like this.

PatHead
06-12-2012, 08:21 PM
The other day they had a thread on whether they would prefer Rix or Fester. They are either very forgiving or trumpets. I would say the latter.

Franck Stanton
06-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Just because he hasn't been convicted of this [his 3rd offence], doesn't mean he is innocent - as the article states ther just isn't enough evidence to prove the offence - therefore in nthe eyes of the law as it stands, he had to be found not guilty. Doesn't make it right however , imo he should never play professional football for any club again. He is in an industry which elevates him [in youngsters eyes] to something of a celebrity and some kids are very easily "star struck", he should, at 18 [when he committed offences], been able to attract attention from girls of his [legal] age. Ask yourself this - if it was your 12/13 yr old daughter that this happened to, would you still be of the opinion he deserves a second chance ? Didn't think so.

Bostonhibby
06-12-2012, 08:49 PM
The yams are debating whether he should be allowed back in the team!!

To be fair, they have never really replaced Graham Rix so maybe the time is right.

Bostonhibby
06-12-2012, 08:51 PM
The boy is hearts class

Not Hibs class.

LioNeilMessi
06-12-2012, 09:01 PM
I think football fans are far too caught up with paedophiles being associated with their club or not. Not defending what he done at all however if we remove Hearts from his (probably non-existent) pay cheque you see a lad who was in his late teens who had: loads of cash and a massive ego. Then got carried away trying pet his ego by gaining affection of girls on-line. The were too young and he should of known that and maybe football in the UK isn't the right career path for him now. However saying 'once a paedo, always a paedo' is rather ignorant and the guy deserves a second chance in life.

Where do we draw the line when it comes to 'monsters'? Wayne Rooney slept with prostitutes whilst his pregnant wife was at home; however he enjoys being a global role model. Why are we not chasing him out the country for being a terrible person?

Boyle89
06-12-2012, 09:10 PM
This beggars belief. He was placed on the register for a reason. They really are stupid. I pity them.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2012, 09:12 PM
I think football fans are far too caught up with paedophiles being associated with their club or not. Not defending what he done at all however if we remove Hearts from his (probably non-existent) pay cheque you see a lad who was in his late teens who had: loads of cash and a massive ego. Then got carried away trying pet his ego by gaining affection of girls on-line. The were too young and he should of known that and maybe football in the UK isn't the right career path for him now. However saying 'once a paedo, always a paedo' is rather ignorant and the guy deserves a second chance in life.

Where do we draw the line when it comes to 'monsters'? Wayne Rooney slept with prostitutes whilst his pregnant wife was at home; however he enjoys being a global role model. Why are we not chasing him out the country for being a terrible person?

Wayne Rooney's behaviour was morally wrong.
Craig Thomson's behaviour was legally wrong.

There's the difference.

There's no defending a man who has an affair, particularly when his wife is pregnant, but it's not comparable with someone committing crimes against children.

LioNeilMessi
06-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Wayne Rooney's behaviour was morally wrong.
Craig Thomson's behaviour was legally wrong.

There's the difference.

There's no defending a man who has an affair, particularly when his wife is pregnant, but it's not comparable with someone committing crimes against children.

So it's legal to pay a woman for sex?

CropleyWasGod
06-12-2012, 09:17 PM

Yes.

As long as she is an adult (over 18) and, in England and Wales, isn't trafficked.

Hiber-nation
06-12-2012, 09:17 PM
The vast majority are of the opinion that he should be nowhere near Hearts. The one person who claimed he was a better human being than McGowan was obviously taking the piss, too.

Not as far as I can see....plenty saying he should be given another chance. And a good few making light of the whole situation. Horrible forum.

Bostonhibby
06-12-2012, 09:22 PM

Society tends to take a different view of it when compared to Thomsons victims, rightly or wrongly. In the example you give she certainly hasn't been groomed / deceived by someone over the age of consent and the often unfortunate person asking for the money in return for sex usually understands what they are getting into?

Most Yams could probably still square this one away though.

LioNeilMessi
06-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Yes.

As long as she is an adult (over 18) and, in England and Wales, isn't trafficked.

Okay, sorry bad example then! Genuinely had no idea that it was legal. Bit naive maybe.

Kato
06-12-2012, 09:23 PM
However saying 'once a paedo, always a paedo' is rather ignorant and the guy deserves a second chance in life.

You know of a therapy that works?! You must contact the authorities at once.

CropleyWasGod
06-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Okay, sorry bad example then! Genuinely had no idea that it was legal. Bit naive maybe.

Not naive at all. The laws around sex work are so complicated and anomalous that most people don't realise it's legal to buy or sell sex.

Anyways, that was a thread hijack... away and get a better example!! :greengrin

LioNeilMessi
06-12-2012, 09:34 PM
You know of a therapy that works?! You must contact the authorities at once.

Sorry, I mean when applied to this scenario. But in my opinion there is a difference between Thompson and a fully grown man sexually abusing girls/boys/anyone. The man clearly has some problems but I'd hate to think a person can be written off for life before they reach 20.

Bostonhibby
06-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Sorry, I mean when applied to this scenario. But in my opinion there is a difference between Thompson and a fully grown man sexually abusing girls/boys/anyone. The man clearly has some problems but I'd hate to think a person can be written off for life before they reach 20.

This must be really comforting for the victims - much better to be abused by someone who doesn't fall into the category of a fully grown man, not sure the victim would be able to tell the difference at the time. If indeed there is a difference - how do you tell on the internet which was Thomson's preferred hiding place?

When in a hole stop digging :wink:

Kato
06-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Sorry, I mean when applied to this scenario.

The scenario as painted by yourself above or what actually happened. You don't know what happened any more than I do. The Register exists for a reason as repeat offending is a hall mark with these offences, the age of the offender is immaterial.

Think before you call people ignorant.

CropleyWasGod
06-12-2012, 09:41 PM

To a certain extent, I agree with you.

However, as medical science stands, there is no "cure" for paedophilia. It can only be managed, and the only way we know how is through the justice system and therapy. Therefore, for the moment, I'm afraid that "once a paedo"etc. is the norm.

Benny Brazil
06-12-2012, 09:50 PM

He DID know that - he knew the family and the girl for a while. This wasnt a case of he thought the girl was older - he knew exactly how old she was.

copycat
06-12-2012, 09:52 PM
I really am at a loss sometimes and this is one of these moments!!

A guy who is nearly 18 ADMITS to grooming a 12 year old, making sexual advances and showing his tackle over a web-cam and some are trying to be sympathetic 'he was just young and stupid' absolute and utter nonsense considering he would have been fully aware of the implications, there were numerous stories and other instances where he was stalking girls at school etc where other 12 year olds were being scared and freaked out by his stalking.

This guy would undoubtedly have taken it a stage further without a shadow of a doubt, some of the posts on keekback about 'its in the past' 'we could use him' etc etc as some reasonable and human Hearts fans say that if he came anywhere near the club then they woudl have nothing to do with the club going forwad, if he was a Hibs player and the didnt sack him on the spot I woudlnt be back and I know the majority has the same train of thought.

Absolute beast and those supporting his return are just as bad.

copycat
06-12-2012, 09:57 PM

bull**** he was nearly 18 and was fully aware what he was doing!!!

He should be supervised for the rest of his life, how can someone continue to be a footballer where the majoirty who idolise him are children?

heidtheba
06-12-2012, 10:02 PM
To be fair to most of the Hertz fans on Beastback they are just as disgusted. Interesting how those who want him back can come out with stuff like like
"I agree. If he is still on our books and getting a wage he should get a chance."

There's so many things that are wrong with that sentence!

Benny Brazil
06-12-2012, 10:03 PM
I really am at a loss sometimes and this is one of these moments!!

A guy who is nearly 18 ADMITS to grooming a 12 year old, making sexual advances and showing his tackle over a web-cam and some are trying to be sympathetic 'he was just young and stupid' absolute and utter nonsense considering he would have been fully aware of the implications, there were numerous stories and other instances where he was stalking girls at school etc where other 12 year olds were being scared and freaked out by his stalking.

This guy would undoubtedly have taken it a stage further without a shadow of a doubt, some of the posts on keekback about 'its in the past' 'we could use him' etc etc as some reasonable and human Hearts fans say that if he came anywhere near the club then they woudl have nothing to do with the club going forwad, if he was a Hibs player and the didnt sack him on the spot I woudlnt be back and I know the majority has the same train of thought.

Absolute beast and those supporting his return are just as bad.

Well said.

NewHibby
06-12-2012, 10:06 PM
There's surely no way that he can ever play a competitive football match in Scotland again.

What he has done has been considered serious enough for him to be placed on the sex offenders' register for 5 years and he still has 3 and a half years of that left yet.

Under normal circumstances, someone on the sex offenders' register would struggle to gain employment of any kind so the possibility that he could somehow be playing professional football beggars belief.

I can't believe that even Hearts would make such a massive mistake like this.

It appears this is the norm for the PBS

LioNeilMessi
06-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Okay I can accept my opinion was based on an ill informed idea I had of the story, so won't be making further comment!

p.s. sorry for the thread hijack :duck:

NewHibby
06-12-2012, 10:15 PM

You on the right site?

Kato
06-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Okay I can accept my opinion was based on an ill informed idea I had of the story,

You left out being ill informed on the Law and the treatment of offenders.

FranckSuzy
07-12-2012, 12:19 AM
I think what is being missed by some posters is that CT actually knew the victims as he had been a family friend (IIRC) for many years so was well aware of their age....

WestEndHibee
07-12-2012, 12:23 AM
You left out being ill informed on the Law and the treatment of offenders.

Alright, LioNeil obviously didn't have all the facts here, but there's no need to carry it on after he'd accepted this. I for one thought that prostitution was illegal too but, on a quick check, it's only illegal in certain circumstances. In my opinion this is just an honest mistake were the perpetrator has accepted he's wrong.

Kato
07-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Alright, LioNeil obviously didn't have all the facts here, but there's no need to carry it on after he'd accepted this. I for one thought that prostitution was illegal too but, on a quick check, it's only illegal in certain circumstances. In my opinion this is just an honest mistake were the perpetrator has accepted he's wrong.

Spoilsport. I reckoned after calling people ignorant an extra dash was in order. Its only the internet. Who made you ref anyway?

WestEndHibee
07-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Spoilsport. I reckoned after calling people ignorant an extra dash was in order. Its only the internet. Who made you ref anyway?

It is only the Internet but it is also forum for the big hibby family. I agree looking back though, ignorant is an overly strong and unnecessary adjective to brand the majority of the family!

LTYF!!! (Insert green grin smiley here)

essexhibee
07-12-2012, 01:49 AM

18 sending pictures to a 12 year old is ****ing rank. The 12 year olds i know are still very immature and young looking. Absolute beast. You telling me a footballer with a bit of cash he couldn't have got someone his own age?

NewHibby
07-12-2012, 10:59 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading here....please tell me your a yam!!!! 12years old and you hear from someone who heard from someone she was leading him on, do one mate!!!!

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2012, 11:02 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading here....please tell me your a yam!!!! 12years old and you hear from someone who heard from someone she was leading him on, do one mate!!!!

He's accepted his misunderstanding. Time to move on.

Phil MaGlass
07-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure he was only across there for a year on and off so the majority of his time since the charges have been spent in Scotland. If this was a player of a different SPL side then Hibs fans wouldn't quite seethe as much.

Are you for f,n real, a paedo is a paedo whatever strip you dress him up in.
The guy is obviously a risk just because he got off on one of the charges doesnt make him clean. He prays on kids, I´m interested to know if you have kids and what your reaction would be if your children had been the victims. Mibbe you should open an appreciation society for the manky ******* and as for serving his sentence WTF planet are you on?

Leishy1995
07-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Sorry not an excuse.

Like I said, from what I was told about the girls he was probably done over. Either way it is the law and he doesn't have my sympathy because what he done was just stupid anyway.

lapsedhibee
07-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Like I said, from what I was told about the girls he was probably done over. Either way it is the law and he doesn't have my sympathy because what he done was just stupid anyway.

Can you clarify, please? Are you making out that he is a victim of some sort?

The_Sauz
07-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Yes.....I guess your not married then :wink:

Onceinawhile
07-12-2012, 12:21 PM

That's how it reads.

Even if we suppose that the girls looked older than they were and that they were 'leading him on' it has been established that he knew their ages. At this point any non paedophile would surely cut off all contact. But Thomson didn't. Instead of using his head, he thought with his privates and continued and therefore what he did wad wrong and he should be punished for it.

Elephant Stone
07-12-2012, 12:37 PM

He was 'done over' by the 12 year old girl? How?

Leishy1995
07-12-2012, 12:42 PM

I don't want to seem like I'm defending him, just that according to someone I know who knew the girls, she said it was unfair to put all blame on him due to the girls being the way they are.

I don't think these girls were 12. Maybe when he first met them but not at the time.

hibeedonald
07-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Some of the posts on Kickback amaze me. One guy saying something like "lets be honest who didn't go for a 13/14 year old when they were 17".

Leishy1995
07-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Some of the posts on Kickback amaze me. One guy saying something like "lets be honest who didn't go for a 13/14 year old when they were 17".

I know for a fact when I was at school doing that got you abuse.

Saorsa
07-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Some of the posts on Kickback amaze me. One guy saying something like "lets be honest who didn't go for a 13/14 year old when they were 17".Well they probably did.

Bob1875
07-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Are you for f,n real, a paedo is a paedo whatever strip you dress him up in.
The guy is obviously a risk just because he got off on one of the charges doesnt make him clean. He prays on kids, I´m interested to know if you have kids and what your reaction would be if your children had been the victims. Mibbe you should open an appreciation society for the manky ******* and as for serving his sentence WTF planet are you on?

I do have a kid yes?? So an 18 year old who sends pics to a 12 year old is the same as a 25 year old who sexually abuses a 12 year old? Are you for real?

Leishy1995
07-12-2012, 01:26 PM
IIRC, 17 years old meant you would be in 6th year; 13-14 year olds were 2nd-3rd years. 12-year-olds were 1st or 2nd year.

Plus the fact that the girls in his case were at school while Thomson had left school and entered employment.

So yes, that would be too big an age-gap for most folks, and if the lassie had a big brother ....:take that

Yep think you're right, infact at school people actually stick to a "2 year rule"

silverhibee
07-12-2012, 02:06 PM
That's how it reads.

Even if we suppose that the girls looked older than they were and that they were 'leading him on' it has been established that he knew their ages. At this point any non paedophile would surely cut off all contact. But Thomson didn't. Instead of using his head, he thought with his privates and continued and therefore what he did wad wrong and he should be punished for it.

Was it not mentioned that he knew one of the victims.?

silverhibee
07-12-2012, 02:08 PM

Wow.

Another beast coming out from Paedoback.

NewHibby
07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Yup - that was how it was. The crowd I went with all operated like that - we would go two years back, but no more.

Worked that way all through school.

(Boys older than girls, that is. never knew of it working the other way round. :greengrin)

Sorry guys, can't believe some of these posts this is the 21st century, you just can't do this.
I stopped my 18 year old son from getting involved with a 15 year old girl, I did this by explaining what the guys in the big hoose would do to him.
end off

copycat
07-12-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't want to seem like I'm defending him, just that according to someone I know who knew the girls, she said it was unfair to put all blame on him due to the girls being the way they are.

I don't think these girls were 12. Maybe when he first met them but not at the time.

Your digging yourself a hole here, contradictions all over the place.

So you are in the know or someone is, yet you then tell us she wasnt 12? she was indeed 12 at the time of the incident along with a 15 year old to which he pled guilty and was put on the sex register, there were others which they couldnt prove sadly.

lets blame a 12 year old girl for an adult in the public eye making serious sexual advances!!!

The boy is a beast.

Leishy1995
07-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Your digging yourself a hole here, contradictions all over the place.

So you are in the know or someone is, yet you then tell us she wasnt 12? she was indeed 12 at the time of the incident along with a 15 year old to which he pled guilty and was put on the sex register, there were others which they couldnt prove sadly.

lets blame a 12 year old girl for an adult in the public eye making serious sexual advances!!!

The boy is a beast.

No, I only knew of the 15 year old! I was thinking some of you had the wrong story. I amn't condoning what he did, but if you haven't been to school in the last few years you don't know the culture.

My old school was in the news for drugs and in the same day some 1st and 2nd years were having sex in the toilets. This is after my year left but it's a different generation.

Leishy1995
07-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Sorry guys, can't believe some of these posts this is the 21st century, you just can't do this.
I stopped my 18 year old son from getting involved with a 15 year old girl, I did this by explaining what the guys in the big hoose would do to him.
end off

Right, read my post above and tell me what the 21st century is. Because trust me, myself and the other guy saying "2 year rule" wasn't a direct sex reference. You probably don't know the generation well enough. I've seen a lot of worse things than what Craig Thomson did, if he wasn't a footballer the girls wouldn't have reported him.

I amn't condoning his actions, just saying there is worse.

--------
07-12-2012, 03:09 PM
end off

One, I was thinking of nearly 50 years ago. Times and customs were different in those days.

I was actually saying that what Thomson was doing would have got him severely dealt with when we were at school - a 17-year-old in adult employment engaging in sex games with a 12-year-old and a 14-year-old.

Where I grew up he'd be lucky to walk again, never mind play football.

Neither of us is suggesting that it's OK for a 17-year-old to groom and have sex with a 15-year-old. It's illegal. I think actually my generation was a lot more aware of that fact than this generation today is. And we matured a lot later, too.

Personally, I was simply talking about the way we as adolescents paired off as boyfriend and girlfriend. Heaven knows what kids nowadays would think of us.

And there was no Internet porn, email, Twitter, Facebook, whatever in those days.

However, I've removed the posts.

steviehibsleith
07-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Right, read my post above and tell me what the 21st century is. Because trust me, myself and the other guy saying "2 year rule" wasn't a direct sex reference. You probably don't know the generation well enough. I've seen a lot of worse things than what Craig Thomson did, if he wasn't a footballer the girls wouldn't have reported him.

I amn't condoning his actions, just saying there is worse.

Of course there are worse but that doesnt hide from what he has been convicted of after admitting it.
He knew the family and therefore knew the age of the girl 12 years old.
This wasnt a innocent mistake with a mature looking teen HE KNEW how old she was. And reason it was reported because he was stalking her wanting to meet - worse fortunately has been prevented.

Leishy1995
07-12-2012, 03:13 PM
One, I was thinking of nearly 50 years ago. Times and customs were different in those days.

Two, I think Leishy and I were actually saying that what Thomson was doing would have got him severely dealt with when we were at school - a 17-year-old in adult employment engaging in sex games with a 12-year-old and a 14-year-old.

Where I grew up he'd be lucky to walk again, never mind play football.

Neither of us is suggesting that it's OK for a 17-year-old to groom and have sex with a 15-year-old. It's illegal. I think actually my generation was a lot more aware of that fact than this generation today is. And we matured a lot later, too.

I was simply talking about the way we as adolescents paired off as boyfriend and girlfriend. What other guys got up to I don't know - they boasted plenty, but that was about all it was IMO. I know that MY conscience is clear.

And there was no Internet porn, email, Twitter, Facebook, whatever in those days.

You're right, in this generation me and most of my friends say "2 year rule" but rarely do people do a Craig Thomson without abuse.

thanks for explaining what I was obviously struggling with!

--------
07-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Of course there are worse but that doesnt hide from what he has been convicted of after admitting it.
He knew the family and therefore knew the age of the girl 12 years old.
This wasnt a innocent mistake with a mature looking teen HE KNEW how old she was. And reason it was reported because he was stalking her wanting to meet - worse fortunately has been prevented.

Exactly - he pled guilty to one charge, and was fined and placed on the SO Register for 5 years.

That doesn't go away. He's a convicted sex offender and for that reason there are now restrictions on what sort of work he can take, where he can work, with whom he can work. I would have thought that the very presence of children and young teens in a football crowd would be sufficient cause to preclude him from playing professional football in this country - at least until his name comes off the SO Register three and a half years from now, provided he hasn't re-offended in the meantime.

And yes - he deliberately and knowingly targeted under-age girls, which makes it IMO an offence worthy of a much more severe penalty than he suffered. A suspended jail sentence would have been the least I would have expected.

Hibercelona
07-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Exactly - he pled guilty to one charge, and was fined and placed on the SO Register for 5 years.

That doesn't go away. He's a convicted sex offender and for that reason there are now restrictions on what sort of work he can take, where he can work, with whom he can work. I would have thought that the very presence of children and young teens in a football crowd would be sufficient cause to preclude him from playing professional football in this country - at least until his name comes off the SO Register three and a half years from now, provided he hasn't re-offended in the meantime.

And yes - he deliberately and knowingly targeted under-age girls, which makes it IMO an offence worthy of a much more severe penalty than he suffered. A suspended jail sentence would have been the least I would have expected.

:agree:

The boy hasn't been punished at all. He was done a favour by being sent over there.