PDA

View Full Version : Yams Artūras Rimkevičius

Ozyhibby
06-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Crisis over. They're signing a Lithunanian Striker.

degenerated
06-12-2012, 10:39 AM

Hopefully some of their many creditors that have been bullied, threatened and lied to see this as the motivation to go legal on their debts.

Twa Cairpets
06-12-2012, 11:56 AM
A league record holder new career station - Edinburgh's Hearts

Goal machine this season and 35 goals become winning now former Siauliai striker Arthur Rimkevicius will end up much less than many other A league players.

Just a month vacation footballer had already charging bags and travels to Edinburgh, where defend Hearts honor.

Scotland A.Rimkevičiui becomes the fourth foreign station during a career. Earlier, a league record holder legionary bread krimto Latvia, Finland and Greece.

Goals this season, suffering hunger Hearts Club A.Rimkevičiumi showed interest before the A League season. True, those interested in the "Hearts" was more than a decade.

Former Pictures of the striker did not hesitate to chose hearts club, whose heads end points were placed just this week.

A.Rimkevičius become the third Lithuanian footballer, represent the "heart." It should be remembered, that the Scottish Cup winners also include playing Marius Greenfinch and Arvydas Novikov, and working as an assistant coach Edgar Cyril.

Already thinking about departure resident A.Rimkevičius a new career phase has agreed to share with the portalfutbolas.lt
Arthur, for some time the press realize that your days in Lithuania numbered. Now you can already reveal ever received an invitation from the "Hearts"?
For the first time with me, "Hearts executives contacted about two months ago. Then, on the record it was still early to think because I was scoring about 20 goals.

What was your reaction?
I can tell you, that's me then clubs from about ten countries - and Israel, and Kazakhstan, and the like. It is true that showed serious interest only to a few clubs, one of which - "Hearts". As the club owner know from the beginning of his career, it's about any of Kazakhstan was not even thought of. When he was a proposal for the "Hearts", in fact, was very glad.

Tell the truth if you disturbed the press releases about "Hearts' future?

I would read that information and, of course, there were those moments when you lose, what and how. But then I went to Vladimir Romanov and his own asked bluntly. His answer was simple - rumored as bad "Hearts" club disseminated for many years, and the club has always been and will be, and everything will be fine with it. He reassured me and that is enough for me.
Could it happen that if not for the ban on the registration of new players to Edinburgh you were gone long before?
It may be the case. I'm not sure the Scottish premierlygos statutes, so I can not say whether I, as a free agent, the club will be able to register up to January 1 - s of the open window transitions. Now I think that Scotland debut immediately after the New.

Can you remember who first suggested to me to know that there is a possibility to move to Hearts?
Too many tells. I told her just to your closest people: family, mother and several of its best friends.

And, like Marius Zaliukas? Or to any former Hearts footballer?
with Mario in our very good relationship, so it was one of the first to whom I said. It is true, then not even the leader of the club was not spoken. Fun was his response: " Davaj, faster ride here, we need you - you will be our striker " (smile). I realized that when he heard the news, he was overjoyed. As for other current or former Hearts players, it is, in fact, at this point, not had with anyone.

Andrius Velicka Hearts "was the intermediate station, which helped to go to the Rangers' club. Are you mentally ready to ascend to the next higher level?
Of course. Why not? Every footballer dreams of the highest level - I am no exception. I'm going to Edinburgh really not that Hearts would consider as a footballer, the summit, and so it would be another step towards the top. Let's say, depart from Lithuania to England almost impossible to go from Scotland to England - much easier. It must also continue to score goals and I think that I can freely draw even stronger clubs attention.

Well you know what a legionary bread. Tell me, why Scotland should all be different than, say, Greece, which does not really have spent the best years of their careers?
Greece season marred by injuries, so now I am afraid of only one thing - the injuries. If they bothered, everything will be fine. I do not want prisikalbėti, but I have time before January 1, adapt, susižaisti with the team, get on the beat and then have to score goals. Certainly not getting to Edinburgh just to važiuočiau. I'm going to, that'd be an important member of the team. Path afford the highest goals.

You agree that Scottish football is handy for your game?
I would to God that it would be. Remember, Richard Beniušį - all said that his game just cutout Scotch football.But he failed and do nothing. For example, Andrew Velička your chances exercised great. Since my A.Veličkos and style of play is similar, I think my chances, I also take advantage of.
A League ended more than a month ago. Not afraid that too much time lost on the unreal form that helped beat in 6 goals in one match?

Definitely not afraid. So far, only two weeks of leisure and recreation. Leisure and recreation without the event, festivals, so that form could never disappear. Basically, I now only need a few days to go back to exactly the same form, what was all of this season. I have no doubt that in January I will be fully prepared to continue to score goals.
By the way, another of those six goals per game. More than one critic say that in Scotland such clubs as "Atlantic" or the "Bull" is not. How would you reply?

goals from to pay to beat anywhere: in the backyard, and the "Atlantic" and Atletico. For those critics always come and offer themselves to try to score the six goals. Why did they not score? What prevents, for example, K.Bilinskiui score six goals in the same "Atlantic" or anyone else? I do not want to raise the self, a fortiori, to celebrate, but, believe me, is not easy to score after both goals for anything. Who is playing football, he is well aware of what I am talking about.
"Hearts this season in 16 games he scored the only 14 goals. Perhaps you realize that fans of the club, the coaches expect from you immediate results?
Of course. I certainly will not be waiting ten matches that įmuščiau first goal. If I get the game, then he scored those goals - in particular, that nekamuotų injury, and then raise the number of goals scored. It is also important that the team be successful - then all will be well.
Arthur, winters for years rinkdavaisi indoor football. How do your teammates reacted when she learned that they leave the leader?

This year I played just one match. Not already wanted, but I played out of respect Ruda Kazlu team. Basically, they knew that I see little chance. In addition, there are some good players so that will definitely be someone to be a leader.
Tell me, and there are things that you regret leaving?

Like whenever you leave a team, is unfortunate. While "Šiauliai" I was only eighteen years old, but already there felt their own - I was used to being teammates, the coaches, and so on. Unfortunately the left closest friends, family .. but as a professional athlete's life. Come to terms with that and you go forward.
Families stay in Lithuania?

No, no. My wife and daughter are traveling together. I had in mind, mother, brother, relatives and so on.
And the last question: when going to move?

Either this week or early next.

Hmmm.

So he trusted Vlad, so not the brightest star in the sky.

Nonetheless, wtf? I mean really. If he;s coming now he ain't going to do it on hos own money, so how are the yams funding him? If I was a player who had deferred wages, I'd not exactly be chuffed that its going to a new guy who cant even play til the new year?

pogo
06-12-2012, 11:57 AM

Is this confirmed somewhere?

If this is true, then what are the SFA thinking! They haven't paid the players they have, but are allowed to bring in another?
What happened to the transfer embargo for previous late payments?

lord bunberry
06-12-2012, 12:00 PM

If this is true, then what are the SFA thinking! They haven't paid the players they have, but are allowed to bring in another?

They will say that kaunas are paying him

Spike Mandela
06-12-2012, 12:02 PM

They're taking piss out of SPL, SFA, their own players and everybody else. scandalous.

bingo70
06-12-2012, 12:05 PM
They're taking piss out of SPL, SFA, their own players and everybody else. scandalous.

Has it been confirmed yet though?

Hibbyradge
06-12-2012, 12:08 PM
They can't sign anyone till after December 23 and that's dependant on them either paying the wages, or agreeing another "re-alignment" of the current contracts.

I have a feeling that this news will be a tiny sweetener compared to the bitter pills they'll have to swallow when they start off loading in January.

truehibernian
06-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Am I the only one who finds this highly amusing if true ?

This is classic Vlad manouevering if true - place a fly in the ointment and watch those around throw hissy fits (other clubs, SFA, SPL, media, etc).

I'm sure McGlynn and Locke are delighted at them having to play an unknown Lithuanian who they've never scouted, given they have an experienced, talented (SPL standards) proven striker in Sutton getting piles on the bench (which for me has to be contract related surely). They also have young Gordon Smith who is a good player and Carrick - here's me thinking that's the route Hearts and their followers had agreed to go down eh :greengrin

God bless Vlad though - pure comedy value at his own fans expense. Good to see their bake sale money being put to good use eh :greengrin McGlynn comes out in the media after Sunday and basically pleads 'give me a striker' - Vlad watches the Lithuanian Sunday Leagues and plucks this gem off the park and sells Hearts to him next day - brilliant ! Please please please though John - gonnae no walk oot on them - in derbies you're now one of Hibs' best weapons due to your managerial inadequacies :agree: Don't think he's beaten us as Hearts manager yet, including caretaker !

Gatecrasher
06-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Well they need to pay their players before they can sign anyone and the transfer embargo will only be lifted once the SPL/SFA are happy they are doing so.

Diclonius
06-12-2012, 12:36 PM
According to some Lithuanian article Hearts will be signing him in January.

Scored 46 in 46 for his current club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art%C5%ABras_Rimkevi%C4%8Dius

#FromTheCapital
06-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Well they need to pay their players before they can sign anyone and the transfer embargo will only be lifted once the SPL/SFA are happy they are doing so.

Wouldn't bank on that, the embargo only lasts till a few days before christmas and the spl haven't said anything about it being extended despite the players still being due last months wages. If the SPL had any balls they would place a transfer embargo on them until they have paid their players on time for 3 months in a row.

Also it must surely be part of the SPL's remit to try and make it a level playing field for all clubs? In which case they should ban all players that aren't getting paid from playing, because the club clearly can't afford them.

MrSmith
06-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Wouldn't bank on that, the embargo only lasts till a few days before christmas and the spl haven't said anything about it being extended despite the players still being due last months wages. If the SPL had any balls they would place a transfer embargo on them until they have paid their players on time for 3 months in a row.

Also it must surely be part of the SPL's remit to try and make it a level playing field for all clubs? In which case they should ban all players that aren't getting paid from playing, because the club clearly can't afford them.

Misinformed me thinks that they would have to show 3 conitnous payments of players wages before the ban is lifted??

Mark79
06-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Ha ha. Looked prolific at his other 300 clubs right enough. Probably as good as that lithuanian we had up front.

blaikie
06-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Trakys had more caps than this guy! Must be brutal and daft to sign for them.

hibIBZ
06-12-2012, 12:44 PM
i remember us playing a lith league team in the intertoto we not win 5-0 ? must be a top class league that. trakys was a top class player........

#FromTheCapital
06-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Misinformed me thinks that they would have to show 3 conitnous payments of players wages before the ban is lifted??

Hearts have found a loophole in the system and the SPL seem fine with that so as far as we know the ban will be lifted later this month regardless of payments being made to the current squad or not.

LioNeilMessi
06-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Hearts can't even afford to print his name on a shirt.

matty_f
06-12-2012, 12:52 PM
What happened to transfer windows?

Diclonius
06-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Marius Greenfinch and Arvydas Novikov

Oh my god.

FranckSuzy
06-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Hmmm.

So he trusted Vlad, so not the brightest star in the sky.

Nonetheless, wtf? I mean really. If he;s coming now he ain't going to do it on hos own money, so how are the yams funding him? If I was a player who had deferred wages, I'd not exactly be chuffed that its going to a new guy who cant even play til the new year?

'Copied from Scottishcupback'

:top marks:faf:

Hibbyradge
06-12-2012, 01:14 PM
His Wiki page was updated on 2 December to say 48 games and 48 goals.

This site (http://uk.soccerway.com/national/lithuania/a-lyga/2012/regular-season/) credits him with 35 goals in the league

I can't comment on the standard he's been playing at, but seemingly he's scored 6 goals in a game twice and several hat-tricks!

Despite his goals, his club, which plays at a 2000 capacity ground, finished 5th in the league.

In the last home game of the season, Remkevicius scored a hat-trick in a 3 - 3 draw in front of 180 fans.

Make of that what you will, but I doubt too many Yams will be overly excited at this signing, if it happens.

WestEndHibee
06-12-2012, 01:16 PM
:top marks

poolman
06-12-2012, 01:22 PM

This site (http://uk.soccerway.com/national/lithuania/a-lyga/2012/regular-season/) credits him with 35 goals in the league

I can't comment on the standard he's been playing at, but seemingly he's scored 6 goals in a game twice and several hat-tricks!

Despite his goals, his club, which plays at a 2000 capacity ground, finished 5th in the league.

In the last home game of the season, Remkevicius scored a hat-trick in a 3 - 3 draw in front of 180 fans.

Make of that what you will, but I doubt too many Yams will be overly excited at this signing, if it happens.

Quote from a Yam plum

If he can score 35 goals a ******g season, and this turns out to be true. get him suited and booted for the Aberdeen game.

:rolleyes:

Pete
06-12-2012, 01:22 PM
They're going down!

Big_Franck
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM

Calum Elliot just scored 17 goals in his first season in Lithuanian football. Enough said about the standard :greengrin

silverhibee
06-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Max Clifford is his PR man. :faf:

hibee92
06-12-2012, 01:34 PM
'Copied from Scottishcupback'

:top marks:faf:

Haha! Never noticed this! :faf::faf:

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 01:50 PM
According to some Lithuanian article Hearts will be signing him in January.

Scored 46 in 46 for his current club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art%C5%ABras_Rimkevi%C4%8Dius

That will be another 10k+ a week on the wage bill for a player who probably isn't that good in a real football league.

:titanic:

scott7_0(Prague)
06-12-2012, 01:50 PM

I heard he will have number 0 on his back with Rimmed above it.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-12-2012, 01:54 PM
*chortles*

Frogga
06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't care which club this is, it is all so morally wrong. They pay players late, use and abuse their fans and speak of having major player cuts in January yet are now looking at signing new players. Disgusting behaviour.

Hibbyradge
06-12-2012, 02:04 PM
That will be another 10k+ a week on the wage bill for a player who probably isn't that good in a real football league.

:titanic:

Not a chance. I doubt if he'll get much more than that a year, tbh.

Ok, being generous, he'll be on Ł500pw max.

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Not a chance. I doubt if he'll get much more than that a year, tbh.

Ok, being generous, he'll be on Ł500pw max.

Who will be monitoring how much they pay players?

They've been getting away with it for years and still its seems that they just keep getting away with it.

Why HMRC are showing them any sympathy, i'll never know.

Hibbyradge
06-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Who will be monitoring how much they pay players?

They've been getting away with it for years and still its seems that they just keep getting away with it.

Why HMRC are showing them any sympathy, i'll never know.

It's up to Hearts how much they pay or, more to the point, don't pay, their players.

If they want to pay this boy Ł10k a week then I'm all for it because they'd just be digging themselves deeper into the mire, but this time they won't because they really are trying to reduce their outgoings.

Anyway, 35 goals in Liga A is nothing to fear.

brog
06-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Of course. Why not? Every footballer dreams of the highest level - I am no exception. I'm going to Edinburgh really not that Hearts would consider as a footballer, the summit, and so it would be another step towards the top.

Unless I'm misreading this translation he seems to be suggesting that Yams may not be the best team in Scotland!! Surely not! A 400,000 fan base, a spanking new hotel, competing with World cup stars such as Calum Paterson for a game & best of all, a cake bake every Friday!! Oh & you sometimes get paid as regularly as every 3rd or 4th payday! What's not to like??

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 02:23 PM
It's up to Hearts how much they pay or, more to the point, don't pay, their players.

If they want to pay this boy Ł10k a week then I'm all for it because they'd just be digging themselves deeper into the mire, but this time they won't because they really are trying to reduce their outgoings.

Anyway, 35 goals in Liga A is nothing to fear.

But did Vlad not tell the hordes 7 years or so ago that he was going to wipe their debt out completely? Why should he be trusted this time around?

Hopefully they do pay him a huge wedge and he's utterly atrocious. :pray:

BonnieFitbaTeam
06-12-2012, 02:26 PM
i remember us playing a lith league team in the intertoto we not win 5-0 ? must be a top class league that. trakys was a top class player........

They were Latvian, and they were bleedin' hopeless. The Liths, Vetra, papped us oot unfortunately. Was a good trip though !

flash
06-12-2012, 02:45 PM
4 pages on Keechback and not one poster thinks its a bit off they are signing a player while the fans pay the wages of those already there.

hibIBZ
06-12-2012, 02:49 PM
They were Latvian, and they were bleedin' hopeless. The Liths, Vetra, papped us oot unfortunately. Was a good trip though !

apologies got them the wrong way round. makes my post look a touch sh*** now oh well

BonnieFitbaTeam
06-12-2012, 02:56 PM
apologies got them the wrong way round. makes my post look a touch sh*** now oh well

Lol. I wouldn't worry about it, you're in good company :wink:

DCI Gene Hunt
06-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Amusing and intriguing in equal amounts. A typical Yamfuddery signing in the quest to find the most obscure player with the most unpronouncable name. Wonder what his true talents are. Is he a good fouler? A qualified diver? Perhaps he will play for peanuts? All qualities it takes to be a Yamfud Hoofball/Foulball player it seems...

Of course we can all but marvel at how a rank-rotten lower-table pub team which is by all accounts, to paraphrase Blackadder, poorer than a church mouse who's wife has just run off with all the cheese, in addition to being enslaved to the Taxman due to some cheeky Lithuanian scamp not paying their dues to Hector and teetering on the brink of catastrophic failure can manage to attract any players, never mind afford them :yw:

Gene

dmc1875
06-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Remember this lad? He came with a pretty decent scoring record and was utter pap! Amusingly so...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ričardas_Beniušis

HibeeMG
06-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Is it me or does he sound like one of those foreign p!ss-take names? Like Ivor Bollokov etc.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2012, 04:49 PM
What year did this one win the world cup? :confused:

TowerHibs
06-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Sad state of the SFA/SPL allow this to happen

Hibs talking about no closer to agreeing a deal for Griffiths (Scotland international now, top goalscorer), McGivern & Claros yet the team who have not paid players since October, not paid tax on time this season and openly admits they will struggle to finish the season - can sign someone

Makes a mockery of us and the rest of the teams in scotland

Edinburgh Green
06-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Remember this lad? He came with a pretty decent scoring record and was utter pap! Amusingly so...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ričardas_Beniušis

And this guy http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juho_M%C3%A4kel%C3%A4

Diclonius
06-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Is it me or does he sound like one of those foreign p!ss-take names? Like Ivor Bollokov etc.

They can just anglicise it to Arnold Rimmer? :dunno:

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Arrogance beyond belief if you ask me! how the hell they get away with this just doesn't add up, they haven't got a pot to piss in and are deferring players wages this month and God knows how many more to come yet they are signing players?, loan or no loan they should be investigated here, any other team would have learned their lesson you would have thought!

sbell1875
06-12-2012, 06:40 PM
And this guy http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juho_M%C3%A4kel%C3%A4

Christ they didn't half waste a lot of money under Vlad eh?!

dchibs
06-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Trakys had more caps than this guy! Must be brutal and daft to sign for them.

Is he the world cup player that they have been waiting for.