PDA

View Full Version : 7-0 New DVD

Ray_
05-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Sorry if its been posted before, I haven't seen it. I notice on the official site that for the fortieth anniversary, Hibs are putting out a DVD, of the full 90 minutes, from the game played on the first of January 1973. Brilliant news, now being greedy, if only they would do the same with the 72 league cup final.

iwasthere1972
06-12-2012, 01:12 AM
Sorry if its been posted before, I haven't seen it. I notice on the official site that for the fortieth anniversary, Hibs are putting out a DVD, of the full 90 minutes, from the game played on the first of January 1973. Brilliant news, now being greedy, if only they would do the same with the 72 league cup final.

That would be great. At the moment it's like watching it from the inside of a post box with a pair of binoculars during a blackout.

KWJ
06-12-2012, 03:58 AM
Do we not already have the 90 mins of this?

Jim44
06-12-2012, 06:15 AM
That would be great. At the moment it's like watching it from the inside of a post box with a pair of binoculars during a blackout.

Would a 90 minute DVD not be 90 minutes of the same post box or will they have 'digitally remastered' it into a fresher state?

3pm
06-12-2012, 06:37 AM
What are the details?

Had a quick glance but couldn't see anything.

CentreLine
06-12-2012, 08:30 AM
I hope they use the Beatles Sgt Pepper as the sountrack and with the lyrics

It was 40 years ago today
That the Hibees taught the Yams to play
We've been going in and out of style
But we're guaranteed to raise a smile
So may we introduce to you
The team you've known for all these years
We're Paddy Fenlon's Hibees to a man
:flag:

Ray_
07-12-2012, 06:59 PM
What are the details?

Had a quick glance but couldn't see anything.

Below is the quote from the email that gets sent out by the club, checked the shop site and they still only have the original, which is twinned with Euro Nights. No indication when its to be released, getting a bit close to Xmas, you woulld think it has to be out soon.

"On the DVD front, celebrate the forthcoming 40-year anniversary of when Hibernian scored seven in Gorgie with the commemorative DVD with the full 90 minutes of the epic victory.

Continuing on the historical note, wear the jerseys worn by legends by getting a Stanton retro shirt (complete with number 4 on the back) or a Famous Five retro shirt (with number 5 on the back). Both are now in store and ready for Christmas.

This weekend is your last chance to pick up a Calendar before the Annual Signing Evening, Tuesday 11th December with doors opening at 5.30pm.

The Clubstore is open this Saturday 10am-5pm and on Sunday 12pm-5pm so make sure you plan your Christmas Shopping with a visit to Easter Road this weekend. Can't make it to Easter Road then you can always pick up a special gift for the Hibee in your life by shopping online click here."

Col2
07-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Anyone know where you can get 6-2 on DVD?

Ray_
07-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Would a 90 minute DVD not be 90 minutes of the same post box or will they have 'digitally remastered' it into a fresher state?

I don't care, it is a DVD I'd walk back to Edinburgh to get [well almost] :greengrin The last 90 minutes I saw from that epic season, was a team dominated by youngsters, getting hammered 0-3, by the Celtic team that was clinching the title, in what was the last game of the season and played at ER.

The 7-0, although, IMHO, not the best we played that season, but it certainly was the pinnacle, as it put us top of the league, we had already won the two cup competitions that we had entered, that had been completed and we had a date coming up in March, which was to see us play in the cup winners cup quarter final.

It was very much down hill after that, a few days later, the infamous game against East Fife, when the 1-0 win was scant reward for a day when we lost John Brownlie to an injury that put him out for a year and rendered him unable to again attain the heights as Britain’s best fullback, which he undoubtedly was, before the injury. We also lost Alex Edwards, Pat Stanton & John Blackley, due to a mixture of injury and suspension.

After the East Fife match, which was poor and had attracted a 17,000 gate, we played well in the two Scottish cup games against Rangers, when we were extremely unlucky to lose the replay, after dominating both games. We also played well against Hadjuk Split, racing in to a 4-0 lead, only to lose two late goals and subsequently the tie, against inferior opposition, those games apart, we were a shadow of the team that had done so well during the first half of the season.

King Paddy
08-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Talking to Alex Croply during the week and we both agreed that the Hadjuik Lose
affected Eddie Turnbull big time. He lost faith in the team after that result and ultimately
lost out on the leauge to a superb celtic side. The cup lose to the huns in the wa a
travesty as we controlled the whole match, if only we could do that today.