PDA

View Full Version : NHC Well done Celtic

PatHead
05-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Great for Scottish football. Well deserved and earned. So much for armageddon

NOLA
05-12-2012, 08:45 PM
tannoy playing the barca anthem lol, credit to celtic, well done.

Mikey
05-12-2012, 08:47 PM
I'll hold back with the "well done", but I'm glad they're through as it'll keep them otherwise engaged :agree:

Hibs Class
05-12-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm glad they won, purely because I had them in a treble with Juve and Galatasary at 18-1 - even cheered when Samaras threw himself to the floor for the pen.

SteveHFC
05-12-2012, 08:50 PM
As much as i hate them. Well Done to Celtic. Good for Scottish Football though.

HiBremian
05-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Great for Scottish football. Well deserved and earned. So much for armageddon

Can I be first to mention armageddon and co-efficient in the same sentence? :duck:

R'Albin
05-12-2012, 08:53 PM
If you look beyond his ridiulous antics Lennon is a fairly bright guy I reckon. Incredible achievement, well done to them.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-12-2012, 08:59 PM
**** celtic

**** all St Andrews flags there tonight.

2 Scots involved in the entire game for them.

Bell end Manager.

Jim44
05-12-2012, 08:59 PM
I posted this on the match updates but it's appropriate here -

I couldn't care less about Celtic but I'll take any positives out of their win. a) they'll be less focussed on the league. b) it can only help the co-efficient. c) Sevco won't admit it but they'll be spewing.

Spike Mandela
05-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah well done, no doubt now with their windfall they will come and raid the other Scottish teams for their best players

Sir David Gray
05-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Couldn't care less about them getting to the last 16 but anything which helps to take their eye off the ball on the domestic front is fine by me.

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Another team that would rather not play in the SPL.....Another team who has a massive history of plundering other clubs for their best players whilst weakening the competition.....

No "well done" from me, shower of thieves................

SmashinGlass
05-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Point for discussion.

For years, one of the arguments for Celtc and Oldhun's failure to progress was that the league in which they played was not competitive enough. Is it at all conceivable that the fact Celtc are involved in a more competitive setup assisting in their progress in Europe? I, for one, would argue that it is. :agree:

.Sean.
05-12-2012, 09:10 PM
**** Lennon, **** Celtic and **** their ersehole supporters.

HiBremian
05-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Yeah well done, no doubt now with their windfall they will come and raid the other Scottish teams for their best players

B******s, you're dead right. The return of the Benchwarmer contracts.:agree:

iwasthere1972
05-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Glad they progressed. Should increase the chances of us or another club being at the top of the league in the weeks to come. Not for one minute saying that we can win the league but the longer they are within reach then you never know. Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Motherwell may fancy their chances too.

Smiggy 7-0
05-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Sorry, no well done from me.

Softish penalty

***tards.

Although could be good for us as their minds will be elsewhere

lucky
05-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Great result for Celtic but not for Scottish football. It will just make them more financially stronger

Lendo
05-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Great result for Celtic but not for Scottish football. It will just make them more financially stronger

Maybe so, but it will help with getting that second CL place back at some point hopefully.

Saorsa
05-12-2012, 09:45 PM
smellsick can GTF, I wouldnae want them tae win a game of ****in' tiddlywinks. this just give the the dosh tae take other teams better players

Big_Franck
05-12-2012, 09:50 PM
**** Lennon, **** Celtic and **** their ersehole supporters.

This. Regardless of whether Celtic went through tonight, and subsequently get another massive windfall, they will still piss the league. They will probably be a good few points clear by the time the last 16 come around, and will now have even more money to enable them to piss the league next year. Good for scottish fitbaw my @r$e.

ian cruise
05-12-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't think Celtic will be raiding spl teams. They would end up paying top dollar for anyone decent as the championship and epl are looking at players from spl. Through their scouting network they are now finding a good quality of player from other markets. Best signing they have made in years was John Park.

Speedy
05-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Maybe so, but it will help with getting that second CL place back at some point hopefully.

While you may be right, arguably the best result from that point of view was them getting knocked out and having a better chance at a run in the europa league.

Teuchter Hibbie
05-12-2012, 10:02 PM
I posted this on the match updates but it's appropriate here -

I couldn't care less about Celtic but I'll take any positives out of their win. a) they'll be less focussed on the league. b) it can only help the co-efficient. c) Sevco won't admit it but they'll be spewing.

This. :agree:

I hate Celtic, but hopefully it will help boost the coefficient (not entirely sure how it all gets worked out, but presumably them reaching the knockout stages is good for the number of CL and EL places we're entitled to), and they continue to take their eye off the ball domestically. See Killie, Caley, St Johnstone, Arbroath for further details.

Eyrie
05-12-2012, 10:03 PM
A Scottish club making the last sixteen of the Champions League is a great achievement so I suppose I should congratulate the whinging thieving terrorist-loving soap-dodging bigots.

Pretty Boy
05-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Don't much care for Celtic but its a very good acheivement so I'll grudgingly say well done.

Like Neil Lennon, although I'm probably in a minority of 1 with that statement, so pleased for him.

Speedy
05-12-2012, 10:09 PM
This. :agree:

I hate Celtic, but hopefully it will help boost the coefficient (not entirely sure how it all gets worked out, but presumably them reaching the knockout stages is good for the number of CL and EL places we're entitled to), and they continue to take their eye off the ball domestically. See Killie, Caley, St Johnstone, Arbroath for further details.

I think it's more about winning or drawing, so they'd get points for winning tonight. I don't think they get any for qualifying, other than the fact it gives them another two games in which they can gain more points.

(I may be wrong)

PatHead
05-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Understand SFA get £1m bonus for Celtic qualifying as well.

Saorsa
05-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Understand SFA get £1m bonus for Celtic qualifying as well.They'll be able tae use that tae pay off harry potter who the stupid pricks should never have given the job tae in the first place.

PatHead
05-12-2012, 10:14 PM
I think it's more about winning or drawing, so they'd get points for winning tonight. I don't think they get any for qualifying, other than the fact it gives them another two games in which they can gain more points.

(I may be wrong)

Positive they get a bonus for qualifying and final group position. Remember this tournament is aimed at the big Spanish, English, Italian and German clubs

Edit- Just checked in 2010/11 clubs who qualified got 3m euro each with a further 3.3m euro if they reach next stage

Hibrandenburg
05-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Always hope that Celtic get humped, tonight was no exception.

flash
05-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Every SPL club gets £235,000 because they got through.

PatHead
05-12-2012, 10:21 PM

Damn another bill paid for Jambos

Jim44
05-12-2012, 10:21 PM

The 'financially stronger' thing is not an issue. They always were, are and will be financially stronger.

PatHead
05-12-2012, 10:24 PM
It also means they won't miss The Rangers as much and try to fast track them through to the SPL. If they can get 3 years of this income they will be out of sight for a long time.

SMAXXA
05-12-2012, 10:24 PM
I think its a shame some people can rise above it and say well done. I agree with a lot of the sentiments around them becoming stronger and taking players from teams like us but why can't we take the moral high ground here? Says far more about us as fans that we can congratulate them for what is a great achievement.

Let's not kid ourselves on regardless if they qualified or not they will still be to strong financially for us so let's take the positives that we and many other scottish teams may well benefit from this.

Well done Celtic.

Mind never a penalty

Hibercelona
05-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Remember the media speaking to a few Celtic supporters before the game, who all had Irish accents and I was thinking to myself (I bet they are all Scottish and just think they are Irish).

**** them, although its good for us and a few others in the SPL.

Dunderhall
05-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Changes little as far as the league is concerned, take the cash and put it to good use.
Have to admit getting out that group was a decent achievement.

Wotherspiniesta
05-12-2012, 10:36 PM
I dont get people saying "Good news as it helps take their mind off domestic games".... They'll more then likely have two more games in Europe and do people really think Celtic won't run away with the league? They've had probably one of their worst starts ever to the domestic season and are still top with a game in hand.

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2012, 10:36 PM

How come?

shetlandhibee
05-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Glad they progressed. Should increase the chances of us or another club being at the top of the league in the weeks to come. Not for one minute saying that we can win the league but the longer they are within reach then you never know. Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Motherwell may fancy their chances too.

Agree completely but I think on the form there on now ict might fancy their chances to.

PatHead
05-12-2012, 10:45 PM
How come?

A bonus payment is made to SFA from tv money. I thought it was to be used for youth development.

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2012, 10:47 PM
A bonus payment is made to SFA from tv money. I thought it was to be used for youth development.

Don't understand how each SPL club benefits from Celtic advancing to the last 16 (mind you if we get the money I won't complain:wink:)

NOLA
06-12-2012, 12:28 AM

if Hibs were winning the league on a regular basis and a couple of our rivals had some quality players becoming too good for there respective clubs would we not try and sign them likes? of course we would, you strengthen your team first and foremost and if it weakens one of your rivals then tough tatties, im pretty sure smaller clubs all over the country moan about losing there best players to "bigger" clubs, has always happened and always will, its tough to take some times but thats the way it is.

Mikeystewart
06-12-2012, 01:08 AM
I can not understand how some people do not see the positive impacts Celtic or any other Scottish club doing well in Europe provides.

Better co-efficient = more chance of getting champions league / europa

more chance of getting champions league / europa = More money

More money = better players in the league

better players in the league = greater sponsor opportunity

greater sponsor opportunity = more money

I'm pretty sure that is how the premiership is funded.

Not to mention the direct UEFA payout for Celtic getting through to the group and now the knockout stage, which goes direct to the clubs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19421013

So from a Hibs fan dreaming of Champions League football...... Well done Celtic!! :flag:

half.time.draw.
06-12-2012, 02:07 AM
I don't think Celtic will be raiding spl teams. They would end up paying top dollar for anyone decent as the championship and epl are looking at players from spl. Through their scouting network they are now finding a good quality of player from other markets. Best signing they have made in years was John Park.

Spot on bud!

Wilson
06-12-2012, 02:13 AM
Your argument loses merit in that Celtic have lost their only credible challenge for the title. They are doing better in Europe because they have been able to take their eye off the ball domestically.

This hogwash they normally trot out about the quality of our league is merely a poor excuse for their failure.

Anyway, Celtic qualifying benefits Celtic primarily. For that reason I cannot applaud it.

Point for discussion.

For years, one of the arguments for Celtc and Oldhun's failure to progress was that the league in which they played was not competitive enough. Is it at all conceivable that the fact Celtc are involved in a more competitive setup assisting in their progress in Europe? I, for one, would argue that it is. :agree:

Juice-Terry
06-12-2012, 03:15 AM
**** Celtc. End. Of.

IWasThere2016
06-12-2012, 06:26 AM
It is a decent achievement. That was a tough group. I'd money on them to win also :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
06-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Never get these threads congratulating Celtic at times, makes us look like a bunch of sympathisers.

We wouldn't be praising Rangers or Hearts that's for sure. Celtic are just the other cheek on the same old firm erse.

Only consolation being it keeps them busy for a couple of midweeks early next year.

3pm
06-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Get it up ye Celtic.

Keith_M
06-12-2012, 06:44 AM
Yep, congratulations from me too.

It shows there is life in Scottish Football without Rangers. As others have said, what football Armageddon?

Also, it means they'll still not be able to give the league 100% concentration so gives the other clubs a chance of at least making a challenge in the league.

Keith_M
06-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Never get these threads congratulating Celtic at times, makes us look like a bunch of sympathisers.

We wouldn't be praising Rangers or Hearts that's for sure. Celtic are just the other cheek on the same old firm erse.

Only consolation being it keeps them busy for a couple of midweeks early next year.

Perhaps, but context is everything. Scottish football was supposed to be falling apart at the seams by now. This is yet another sign that prediction was b*ll*x

Steve20
06-12-2012, 06:52 AM

Spot on. However, I think alot of people here don't actually mind Celtic. Well done threads certainly show that. I can't stand them, so no well done from me.

**** Celtic.

Ritchie
06-12-2012, 07:47 AM
the only thing last night has made me feel happy about is the fact Killie will beat them on saturday so i'm going to lump a few quid on it....... :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
06-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Perhaps, but context is everything. Scottish football was support to be falling apart at the seams by now. This is yet another sign that prediction was b*ll*x

This. Equally, if Celtic had flopped in Europe, you can be sure that there would have now been a massive media campaign to get Sevco into the SPL next season. This (and, to a much lesser extent, the interesting league results) have spiked those guns.

Spike Mandela
06-12-2012, 08:03 AM
if Hibs were winning the league on a regular basis and a couple of our rivals had some quality players becoming too good for there respective clubs would we not try and sign them likes? of course we would, you strengthen your team first and foremost and if it weakens one of your rivals then tough tatties, im pretty sure smaller clubs all over the country moan about losing there best players to "bigger" clubs, has always happened and always will, its tough to take some times but thats the way it is.

Can't wait till Griffiths and McGivern are lining up for the hoops. Hooray hooray for Celtic, Scottish football's saviours!

Saorsa
06-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Spot on. However, I think alot of people here don't actually mind Celtic. Well done threads certainly show that. I can't stand them, so no well done from me.

**** Celtic.but you dinnae mind the stickies, if it was a thread congratulating them instead of the smellies you'd be for it. :kettle:

Golden Bear
06-12-2012, 08:12 AM
If further progress in the Champions League means more money for Scottish Football and the Hibees in particular, then I suppose --------- well done.

If it doesn't, then frankly I couldn't care a monkeys tosser.

JimBHibees
06-12-2012, 09:03 AM

Completely agree.

LancashireHibby
06-12-2012, 09:03 AM
They can go on and win the bloody thing as far as I'm concerned as long as they keep dropping points in the league.

basehibby
06-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Aye - I'll congratulate them.

I'm mostly pleased because it'll hopefully keep them sufficiently pre-occupied to keep the league interesting. But the boost to the profile - and UEFA coefficient! - of the Scottish game should not be underestimated - the inevitable boost to their own coffers gives me no great joy but they HAVE earned it. Well done :aok:

The Sea-gull
06-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Hate congratulating other SPL teams (esp Celtic or the Yams) on anything due to my petty envy but at their level it is a good achievement.

Good for the co-efficient but not good for the SPL as only makes them even stronger than the rest.

If I take my petty hat off, it does give me a little bit of pleasure as a two fingers up gesture to the English who mock the SPL and Scottish football in general from their increasingly inflated Ivory Towers ignoring the fact that their clubs make around 30 times more in tv money etc than our champions do. How did Ch£alsea and Manch£st£r City (aruguably the two most artificially inflated clubs, certainly in the UK) get on in the CL this year?

Another fact lost on the English is that if Celtic were in the EPL they would instantly become the second or thrid best supported club and in time could easily be competing for top 4 places down there year in year out and last 16 qualification for the CL would not be seen as a big deal, in fact failure to do it would be seen as a disaster. To a lesser extent, a thriving The Rangers could do the same too given a couple of years.

Phil MaGlass
06-12-2012, 11:01 AM
well done sellik.

JHFC
06-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Well done Celtic! When was the last time a Scottish team reached the last 16?

Cabbage East
06-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Fair play to them. A good achievement considering the ARMAGEDDON!!

JIm
06-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Good for two reason:

1. Co-efficient
2. Financial benefits for other clubs (i.e £232,000 Hibs are in line to get for this)

Well done. :aok:

JHFC
06-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Good for two reason:

1. Co-efficient
2. Financial benefits for other clubs (i.e £232,000 Hibs are in line to get for this)

Enough to get 1 of our loan players signed up?

KeithTheHibby
06-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Good for two reason:

1. Co-efficient

Would really love to see evidence of Hibs getting 232k.

Ross4356
06-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Celtic made us about £100k for getting into the group stages:

But according to this, Here (celtic spl money chapions league) we don't get a further £235,000 because they made the last 16

silverhibee
06-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Well done Celtic! When was the last time a Scottish team reached the last 16?

When Strapon was in charge of celtc.

May as well add this too, f*** celtc.

Skanko79
06-12-2012, 12:56 PM
hate celtic.

no congrats from me.

hope they get pumped in the next round.

Frogga
06-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Well done Celtic.

I'll admit I went to the Celtic v Helsingborgs game back in September (friend had a spare ticket) and it's hard to deny that that place really comes alive on Champions League nights.

Great for Scottish football :aok:

JimBHibees
06-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Celtic made us about £100k for getting into the group stages:

But according to this, Here (celtic spl money chapions league) we don't get a further £235,000 because they made the last 16

Yep seems no other payment due to other SPL teams.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/204469-no-extra-uefa-cash-boost-for-spl-clubs-despite-celtics-progression/

JimBHibees
06-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Would really love to see evidence of Hibs getting 232k.

The other SPL clubs will be given a split of £1.5m which will be decided at end of the season. See link. Nowhere near 232k

http://sport.stv.tv/football/204469-no-extra-uefa-cash-boost-for-spl-clubs-despite-celtics-progression/

Pretty Boy
06-12-2012, 01:06 PM
The other SPL clubs will be given a split of £1.5m which will be decided at end of the season. See link. Nowhere near 232k

If its an equal 12 way split then 125k is still not bad going for essentially nothing.

Just shows the importance of European football to finances with Motherwell frying 114k for a couple of games and Hearts (Vlad) no doubt made a pretty penny from the Liverpool game.

JimBHibees
06-12-2012, 01:07 PM
If its an equal 12 way split then 125k is still not bad going for essentially nothing.

Think it would be 11 way split 136k.

FromTheCapital
06-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't mind Neil Lennon?

Pretty Boy
06-12-2012, 04:01 PM

Nope I like him too.

I take folk as I find them and have met him a few times in various settings and he's a nice guy.

The football 'persona' is totally different and in some instances he hasn't helped himself but some of the **** the guy has been put through is shameful.

Keith_M
06-12-2012, 04:16 PM

I'm sure you're not but, equally, he's certainly managed to p*ss a few people off in his time.

I'm sure he's a very nice person and all that but his 'football persona' is the only part of him most of us have seen and it hasn't put him in a good light.

I still believe that most of the Rangers fans' hatred for him is nothing more than, to use their current favourite word, bigotry. Sadly, this also applies to a fairly large segment of fans of the 'Big Team'.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2012, 08:07 PM

You won't be.

I'm sure there's 60,000 people who turn up to the east end of Glasgow every other week claiming that they are all Neil Lennon!

Personally I find him to often be a detestable, paranoid headcase who cannot control himself whenever things go against him or his club

Like Pretty Boy has pointed out though, some of the stuff he has had to put up with over the years, in relation to the death threats from Northern Ireland, is completely unacceptable and the way he spoke out about his depression a few years ago was commendable but as a football manager, I really have no time for him.

Moon unit
06-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Well done Celtic.

I'll admit I went to the Celtic v Helsingborgs game back in September (friend had a spare ticket) and it's hard to deny that that place really comes alive on Champions League nights.

Great for Scottish football :aok:
Sick of hearing from Darkheid loons spouting on about being the best fans in the world! Done well, but give it a bloody rest will you!:wink:

Glory Lurker
06-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Benfica and Spartak must be rank.

No well done from me.