PDA

View Full Version : Were we wrong to admit SEVCO to the SFL ?

NAE NOOKIE
05-12-2012, 10:22 AM
During the Rangers fiasco I was one of the few who would have accepted a new club in the 1st division and was fine with the eventual result which was to admit a newco to the third division of the SFL.

I am now sad to have to say that I was wrong to have thought this way.

Since being allowed to enter the SFL in front of a number of clubs who had a better claim to any new place in the league ... the club known as 'The Rangers' have conducted their affairs as if they were in fact a club called Rangers, who had been members of the SFA and SPL prior to going out of business.

In doing this they have refused to remove 5 stars from their training gear, which is an insignia from the club known as Rangers and indicated ( apparently ) one star for every 10 league titles that the club had won. Nobody at 'The Rangers' has explained what 5 stars mean to that club. Its certainly nothing to do with on field success as The Rangers have to date won nothing.

Board members of The Rangers make statements and comments in the press relating to the dealings and past affairs of Rangers FC. What has this got to do with the running and off or on field dealings of their football club.

Now the board of The Rangers have told their supporters not to attend a Scottish Cup tie at Dundee United due to the fact that Rangers FC had a disagreement with that club. What has this got to do with The Rangers.

The bottom line is this. If the club based in Govan Glasgow had wanted to continue as Rangers FC they should have accepted being wound up by HMRC and started again as an amatuer club in any of the regional or pub leagues willing to take them on.

The fact is that they accepted election to the SFL as a new and different club. If they are unable or unwilling to conduct their affairs as such as a matter of honour they should withdraw their membership of the SFL at once .... or if not they should be subject to a charge of bringing the game into disrepute any time they comment or instigate actions by their club or supporters which relate to the dealings of the now DEFUNCT Rangers FC.

Pedantic_Hibee
05-12-2012, 10:36 AM
They are The Rangers to me.

And they have won nothing, they have no history.

Jim44
05-12-2012, 10:36 AM
During the Rangers fiasco I was one of the few who would have accepted a new club in the 1st division and was fine with the eventual result which was to admit a newco to the third division of the SFL.

Since being allowed to enter the SFL in front of a number of clubs who had a better claim to any new place in the league ... the club known as 'The Rangers' have conducted their affairs as if they were in fact a club called Rangers, who had been members of the SFA and SPL prior to going out of business.

In doing this they have refused to remove 5 stars from their training gear, which is an insignia from the club known as Rangers and indicated ( apparently ) one star for every 10 league titles that the club had won. Nobody at 'The Rangers' has explained what 5 stars mean to that club. Its certainly nothing to do with on field success as The Rangers have to date won nothing.

Board members of The Rangers make statements and comments in the press relating to the dealings and past affairs of Rangers FC. What has this got to do with the running and off or on field dealings of their football club.

Now the board of The Rangers have told their supporters not to attend a Scottish Cup tie at Dundee United due to the fact that Rangers FC had a disagreement with that club. What has this got to do with The Rangers.

The bottom line is this. If the club based in Govan Glasgow had wanted to continue as Rangers FC they should have accepted being wound up by HMRC and started again as an amatuer club in any of the regional or pub leagues willing to take them on.

The fact is that they accepted election to the SFL as a new and different club. If they are unable or unwilling to conduct their affairs as such as a matter of honour they should withdraw their membership of the SFL at once .... or if not they should be subject to a charge of bringing the game into disrepute any time they comment or instigate actions by their club or supporters which relate to the dealings of the now DEFUNCT Rangers FC.

:agree: I'm not nit-picking, but was it not the clubs of the SFL who admitted them to Division 3 ? We were instumental in not admitting them to the SPL.

NAE NOOKIE
05-12-2012, 10:45 AM
:agree: I'm not nit-picking, but was it not the clubs of the SFL who admitted them to Division 3 ? We were instumental in not admitting them to the SPL.

However or by whoever it was arrived at ... they were allowed in as a new football club. They should act like one or get out.

Jones28
05-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Spot on, The Rangers have been attempting to lord it over the rest of Scottish football, throwing toys out the pram when they don't get their way. The dispute with Dundee united typifies the way they're behaving. The fans and the board are holding a grudge against the rest of the SPL for punishing them in this way despite the fact that they have had everything on their terms: keeping titles, holding on to assets, keeping the name and badge of the old club, the same merchandising and sponsorship and what looks like a league reconstruction proposal that will get then into the top tier faster.

Having said that, I think they will be in for a real shock when they come through the first division and into the SPL. A league full of pros and hard men who will kick then off the park and the SPL is more competitive than ever before, they'll struggle by the time they get here.

Pete
05-12-2012, 10:50 AM

Great post and I agree.

If the powers that be were going to do anything they would have done it at the start regarding this blatant blurring of the lines by newco. They've shown themselves to be weak and I dare say corrupt by allowing this new club to take on so much of the dead one.

The press haven't helped either with talk of "kicking out", "relegation" and "punishment ". They also just want this situation to go away and the billy boys back at the top where they belong.

We're going to get it when newco get promoted. If we aren't proactive enough to vote for a change which would involve splitting home gates (a system that would ensure greater wealth distribution), we should allocate them the absolute minimum number of tickets for Easter road. We should couple this with deals to get thousands more hibees in.

Saorsa
05-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Should have let Spartans in and telt these dirty *** ***** tae get tae ****.

Geo_1875
05-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Green has picked up the Hunnish ways very quickly.

lapsedhibee
05-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Honestly don't see how you could expect peepul who can barely wipe their own backsides to understand the relatively fine distinction between Rangers and The Rangers. If it quacks like an arrogant bigotted Institution, it is one. I'm talking about Traynor and Young here principally, and their likes have set the agenda all along. Until media coverage is rid of these total charlatans, making cogent arguments like the OP is just adding footnotes.

Malthibby
05-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Graceless. Classless. Repugnant.
Wish they would get out of Scottish footie & take their pet Traynor with them.

SurferRosa
05-12-2012, 11:22 AM
I completely agree with the OP. They are actually behaving as though they`re a " Phoenix " company which, as i understand it, is absolutely illegal and they should be under investigation. Not surprisingly though, they aren`t.

LeighLoyal
05-12-2012, 11:25 AM
OP is correct. T'Rangers are a new club with no history or published accounts that should never have been given entry into the SFL above a well run club like Spartans. Calling them the same club is an insult to the hundreds of creditors deadco ripped off.

Kaff
05-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Graceless. Classless. Repugnant.
Wish they would get out of Scottish footie & take their pet Traynor with them.

Unfortunately Murdo MacLeod was on Radio 5 this morning to discuss Celtic's game tonight and he was asked what he thought of the 'boycott' and he agreed that they were justified in doing this!

JeMeSouviens
05-12-2012, 11:37 AM
I completely agree with the OP. They are actually behaving as though they`re a " Phoenix " company which, as i understand it, is absolutely illegal and they should be under investigation. Not surprisingly though, they aren`t.

It's only illegal if the same people own the old and new companies.

Phil MaGlass
05-12-2012, 11:38 AM
OP is correct. T'Rangers are a new club with no history or published accounts that should never have been given entry into the SFL above a well run club like Spartans. Calling them the same club is an insult to the hundreds of creditors deadco ripped off.

What I dont get is why was legal action not taken by Spartans to prevent newco getting into the SFL, they could not provide 3 yrs tax books?

Why has the SFA not taken action over the stars on their shirts, its a no trophy club.

Makaveli
05-12-2012, 11:42 AM
The stars thing probably isn't against any rules (stars for league titles don't exist outside of Govan AFAIK). But on a similar theme, let's not forget the gaul of their 140th birthday celebrations.

Dead people don't have birthdays, idiots. And when dead people's birthdates are celebrated, the event isn't usually hijacked by some muppet pretending to be the deceased.

Keith_M
05-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Were we wrong to admit SEVCO to the SFL ?

'We' didn't admit them to the SFL, but I realise what you're getting at.

My initial, rather naive, idea was that they should start afresh in the lowest division with a clean slate. The problem is that they are just not interested in a clean slate. They have an owner, board of directors, management, supporting Press and support that has sunk to the lowest common denominator of the Rangers support. They are paranoid, vindictive, offensive, bigoted and childish. They see no justice in a brand new club having to start where they did but hark on about the 'Bigots' (total irony bypass there) 'throwing them out' of a league they were never members of and refuse to recognise they are in the position they are because of the actions of the people in charge of 'Oldco'. I could go on but I'm sure you all already know.

My opinion has now totally changed. I now wish they would just cease to exist and do us all a favour.

SurferRosa
05-12-2012, 11:47 AM
It's only illegal if the same people own the old and new companies.

Then i stand corrected on that. I wasn`t sure. :aok:

VickMackie
05-12-2012, 11:48 AM
They are The Rangers to me.

And they have won nothing, they have no history.

Wrong. They're about to celebrate 140 years of existence this week. :greengrin

green glory
05-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Wrong. They're about to celebrate 140 years of existence this week. :greengrin

Days not years surely?

VickMackie
05-12-2012, 11:51 AM
When they were admitted to SFL 3 I thought that was reasonably fair, despite they had not met the criteria. A new club created with such a large fan base would be an asset to the lower divisions of Scottish football and improve the financial position of these clubs throughout the country, possibly with the aim of clearing out any debt in the lower divisions.

How wrong was I.

Saorsa
05-12-2012, 11:54 AM
When they were admitted to SFL 3 I thought that was reasonably fair, despite they had not met the criteria. A new club created with such a large fan base would be an asset to the lower divisions of Scottish football and improve the financial position of these clubs throughout the country, possibly with the aim of clearing out any debt in the lower divisions.

How wrong was I.I could never imagine that fan base being an asset anywhere, total ****

marinello59
05-12-2012, 11:54 AM
No, we weren't wrong to admit them. The behaviour of Green and co since then has been unacceptable though. Any violence at Tannadice between rival fans or even Hun against Hun will be partly down to his incitement of the situation. The SFA should carpet him again and hit them hard. they won't though.

Hibs Class
05-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Excellent OP - agree completely. Sevco were done a massive favour in being allowed into the SFL. Whilst it was by no means a foregone conclusion that they would be allowed in, realism meant it was always the likely outcome once there was a space in the SFL as a result of Rangers ceasing to be. Realism also meant that it was likely that there would continue to be swathes of ex-rangers supporters who would latch onto sevco and attempt to present it as a continuation of rangers - however a lie is still a lie no matter how often or how widely it is promulgated and the current attempts to suggest these two quite distinct entities are one and the same will never be the truth.

What I had hoped, quite naively as it turns out, was that there would be a degree of humility and gratitude that sevco was allowed so many major concessions. Instead all we have seen is that whilst rangers have undeniably died the bigotry they spawned and encouraged is alive and well, and that Scotland's shame indeed has no shame.

Saorsa
05-12-2012, 11:55 AM
No, we weren't wrong to admit them. The behaviour of Green and co since then has been unacceptable though. Any violence at Tannadice between rival fans or even Hun against Hun will be partly down to his incitement of the situation. The SFA should caprpet him again and hit them hard. they won't though.Baw bags and bottle merchants

Phil MaGlass
05-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Imagne it, Newco work their way upto and win the 1 st Division but the SPL invite the second placed team instead, how f,n sweet would that be, I know it will never happen but just for a second imagne.(insert Hibee Heaven smiley)

sg7nil
05-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Ask yourself one simple question.

If it had been ANY other (non OF) club that had gone tits up, what would have happened?

This seems to not have occurred to folk like Traynor etc.

I certainly don't think that a phoenix Hibs would have been given preferential treatment over clubs that have patiently waited in a queue for years to join the league in the event that another club had dropped out (and paid their SFL subs every year in order to remain in that queue).

The rules would have been quoted ad nauseum and to be fair, I reckon that a large proportion of the Hibs support would have accepted the outcome, even if it did mean that "Phoenix Hibs" were to have to apply to play in the East of Scotland league (or Junior). Bottom line is that we would not have expected (or got) any special priviledges... and if, years down the line the club previously known as Hibernian had managed to get back into the SFL and climb back through the leagues it would be with a clear conscience.

I definitely don't understand what possible justification "The" Rangers had for even trying to get straight into the SPL, and likewise their attempt to get into SFL1 was also something without precident. Now of course that they are back, many clubs see a cash cow that they want to milk as much as possible as they play their way back up through the leagues, however this same thing could have still happened if only they had been brave enough to consign them to the lower ranks and wait (possibly a few years) for their (inevitable) return.. but I suppose some folk were in too much of a hurry.. and now they have given birth to a monster that believes that it has been hard done by and will throw its weight around in an attempt to exact "revenge" for the percieved "injustice" that it has been dealt.

Rant over

AndyM_1875
05-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Having been unfortunate enough to be on a Glasgow bound train on a day when Rangers were playing at Ibrox a few weeks back I'm afraid I don't buy the argument that Rangers no longer exist and a new club has taken their place. What I saw reinforced my view that they are what they always were; horrible, offensive; bigoted neanderthal ****.

What we actually have IMHO is a club with a ludicrous & paranoid persecution complex which dwarfs anything the Celtic or mad Vlad at his most bonkers ever came out with which has shamelessly shed millions of pounds in debt through a sale of the club & transfer of assets to the arrogant Charles Green and his Sevco organisation. Creditors have been shafted in the worst possible way but in a nasty manner which I find utterly appropriate for the club and it's followers.

For those who say Rangers should not have been admitted to the SFL there are two things to remember
1 If you are an SPL club fan, it's none of your business. Your remit stopped when Rangers were ejected from the SPL.
2 No other club challenged them. Spartans backed off probably correctly as having applied and been burned in the past by petty jealousy from SFL clubs they could not hope to challenge a Rangers application, no matter how well run they are. Their handful of supporters against 40,000+ fans at Ibrox putting money into the SFL? In cash terms it's a no brainer unfortunately.

What we now have is a club playing the victim card that actively despises the SPL and the member clubs with a couple of exceptions, Motherwell & Kilmarnock. When they return to the top flight (which they will, let us be in no doubt) we will have something of a monster on our hands which sees itself as a victim. Matches with Dundee United, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic (though I trust them about as much as I trust Charles Green) will be exercises in utter hostility at Ibrox and Rangers "fans" will not take tickets for travel to all of the teams they see as enemies except for probably Parkhead. No great loss to us as Hibbies as ther dregs of humanity draggging themselves to ER is something I don't miss.

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2012, 12:53 PM
No, we weren't wrong to admit them. The behaviour of Green and co since then has been unacceptable though. Any violence at Tannadice between rival fans or even Hun against Hun will be partly down to his incitement of the situation. The SFA should carpet him again and hit them hard. they won't though.

Agree, Greene has pandered to the masses, and made some really stupid and thoughless remarks....He loves to incite and stir up the Hun masses.......

As an aside, as a Newco how can they celebrate 140 years of history?:confused:

blueisthecolour
05-12-2012, 01:06 PM

On our training gear, we never removed it from out tops:wink:

blueisthecolour
05-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Agree, Greene has pandered to the masses, and made some really stupid and thoughless remarks....He loves to incite and stir up the Hun masses.......

As an aside, as a Newco how can they celebrate 140 years of history?:confused:

Is that not what all spl chairmen done regarding the vote? well except killie.

lord bunberry
05-12-2012, 01:09 PM

No they applied the rules

05-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Should have let Spartans in and telt these dirty *** ***** tae get tae ****.

:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2012, 01:13 PM

Rules are rules, or do you think you should have received special treatment?????

blueisthecolour
05-12-2012, 01:16 PM
No they applied the rules

Check some statements, Motherwell most notable, some said lets fans decide, instead of making their own decision, I agree rules are rules which begs the question why was there a vote in the first place?

Saorsa
05-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Check some statements, Motherwell most notable, some said lets fans decide, instead of making their own decision, I agree rules are rules which begs the question why was there a vote in the first place?ask dungcaster an the other *** sympathisers who were trying tae work you back in. It's their fault there was any sort of vote and they should have been punted efter you were.

can we get rid of this arrogant *** prick?

The_Sauz
05-12-2012, 01:22 PM

Outfield players have, but not your goalie :na na:

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2012, 01:23 PM
ask dungcaster an the other *** sympathisers who were trying tae work you back in. It's their fault there was any sort of vote and they should have been punted efter you were.

Yip, the whole thing was a shambolic farce, and badly handled by the Blazers...... As for your last point, I concur.......Better off on Follow Follow, or some other bigoted tripe website.....

Caversham Green
05-12-2012, 01:26 PM

Not all according to Charles Green. He claims that certain SPL clubs were 'actively engaged in trying to harm Rangers' - nothing to do with pandering to the masses. Dundee United were one, as were Hibs if Richard Gough is to be believed but Motherwell weren't.

Caversham Green
05-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Check some statements, Motherwell most notable, some said lets fans decide, instead of making their own decision, I agree rules are rules which begs the question why was there a vote in the first place?

The vote was to decide whether the transfer of Rangers FC's SPL share to a newly-formed club should be approved or not. Quite rightly, it wasn't.

Saorsa
05-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Not all according to Charles Green. He claims that certain SPL clubs were 'actively engaged in trying to harm Rangers' - nothing to do with pandering to the masses. Dundee United were one, as were Hibs if Richard Gough is to be believed but Motherwell weren't.Hope they boycott us as well then. I'm sure the local residents will be delighted too when they dinnae have tae clean up the piss and spew from their stairs efter a visit fae the buckie swilling blue carrier bag jakey brigade.

blueisthecolour
05-12-2012, 01:35 PM
The vote was to decide whether the transfer of Rangers FC's SPL share to a newly-formed club should be approved or not. Quite rightly, it wasn't.

Would that be normal to have a vote? why was the spl wanting part of our tv deal money when we were nothing to do with spl also?

Hibs Class
05-12-2012, 01:39 PM

Out of interest, do you agree that sevco is a new club and that whilst there is much in common with the dead club that once was rangers (ground, colours, similar name) that they are actually two quite different entities and the new club has a history that is a) measured in months rather than decades and b) has no honours?

blueisthecolour
05-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Hope they boycott us as well then. I'm sure the local residents will be delighted too when they dinnae have tae clean up the piss and spew from their stairs efter a visit fae the buckie swilling blue carrier bag jakey brigade.

Serious question, im sure there will be many like yourself who don't want us at their ground, infact on dundee utd fan sites some where saying we don't want them however when CG said we don't want tickets the same people were up in arms about it, if we are not wanted surely that should make dundee utd happy? some supporters of other clubs are saying they will go to the game to help utd, seems funny how fans of other clubs want to go see the Rangers, would they not be better giving money to their own team and fill their own grounds.

blueisthecolour
05-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Out of interest, do you agree that sevco is a new club and that whilst there is much in common with the dead club that once was rangers (ground, colours, similar name) that they are actually two quite different entities and the new club has a history that is a) measured in months rather than decades and b) has no honours?

I agree its a new company running Rangers, I will be at Ibrox to celebrate 140 of Rangers football club.

I know this will upset most on here but you can see it as a new club if you want but ask yourself why you even bother with us, discussions about Rangers happens on most spl fan sites most days not bad for a new club they say we are.

blueisthecolour
05-12-2012, 01:45 PM
ask dungcaster an the other *** sympathisers who were trying tae work you back in. It's their fault there was any sort of vote and they should have been punted efter you were.

is this not abuse of posters?

EuanH78
05-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Would that be normal to have a vote? why was the spl wanting part of our tv deal money when we were nothing to do with spl also?

I know your a Rangers fan but, you dont have to be a fud when your on here :bye:

Must try harder BITC.

Saorsa
05-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Serious question, im sure there will be many like yourself who don't want us at their ground, infact on dundee utd fan sites some where saying we don't want them however when CG said we don't want tickets the same people were up in arms about it, if we are not wanted surely that should make dundee utd happy? some supporters of other clubs are saying they will go to the game to help utd, seems funny how fans of other clubs want to go see the Rangers, would they not be better giving money to their own team and fill their own grounds.Who wants tae go and see the zombie huns like ya ****in' roaster? I'd be there wanting tae see UTD GIRFUY. I can assure you also that if there is any danger of your vile 3rd division club getting a penny I'll no be there. Now away 'n' take yer face for a *****e

Keith_M
05-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Serious question, im sure there will be many like yourself who don't want us at their ground, infact on dundee utd fan sites some where saying we don't want them however when CG said we don't want tickets the same people were up in arms about it, if we are not wanted surely that should make dundee utd happy? some supporters of other clubs are saying they will go to the game to help utd, seems funny how fans of other clubs want to go see the Rangers, would they not be better giving money to their own team and fill their own grounds.

That's a reasonable question. Do you think the same people that stated they do not want you at their ground are the same people now complaining about this decision? There are only a very small percentage of posters that make such comments and, on newspaper web sites in particular, they seem to represent the more extreme element.

I consider myself quite open minded as regards fans of other clubs. If Rangers fans want to come to Easter Road and NOT serenade us with sectarian songs that hark back to some historic war in another country or refer to our support as a whole as a bunch of 'Fenian *********s', then I'd welcome them. My experience in that respect so far has been that I've had very little to welcome.

The most common complaint I've heard and read is that the Chairman and Directors of the club you support have specifically singled out a club for criticism and are basing their decisions on spurious, childish logic. If the Chairman of Hibs had come out with similar comments, I would be raging over the effect on the reputation of the club I support. As a Rangers supporter, does Green's comments make you feel embarrassed?

Caversham Green
05-12-2012, 01:54 PM

It's what the rules say. An application was made to transfer the share and the SPL board chose to put the decision to the vote.

I'm not sure what you mean by the SPL 'wanting part of your tv deal money' -you'll have to explain that one to me. However, I'm not in any way suggesting that the SPL management was in any way competent.

bigwheel
05-12-2012, 01:55 PM
If I didn't see another New Rangers fan at ER ever again , I'd be happy

hibsdownunder
05-12-2012, 01:59 PM

I don't think Green is pandering to the masses - he's manipulating the masses. To one end, to line his pockets. His statement is designed to polarise and inflame - 'actively engaged to harm rangers' - ignoring the self harm of the previous custodians of the club which was the true and only cause of the harm. Talk of 'compromising security' a veiled threat and 'the only regret' being the impact on the team - confirms that he has no interest in the wider health of the game. He only has one agenda, polarise, create a siege mentality and maximise the pounds for the sale of the rangers. There were other ways to manage this but the numbers probably didnt look so good. Smart, savvy ? Nah just another spiv on the make.

SurferRosa
05-12-2012, 02:02 PM

It was not your TV money. It was the OldCos TV money and they were liquidated. Your zombie club have never been in the SPL to earn any money......or any titles.

Caversham Green
05-12-2012, 02:08 PM
I agree its a new company running Rangers, I will be at Ibrox to celebrate 140 of Rangers football club.

I know this will upset most on here but you can see it as a new club if you want but ask yourself why you even bother with us, discussions about Rangers happens on most spl fan sites most days not bad for a new club they say we are.

If it is a new club it has no place in SFL3 - it should be in the junior leagues. However it's chairman still sees fit to claim another club's history and insult the authorities and other clubs on an almost daily basis.

If it is still Rangers they have walked away from their financial resposibilites and disgraced Scottish Football with their plainly corrupt dealings over the last 12 years at least. Not to mention the disgusting sectarian leanings of the majority of their supporters.

Either way the whole sorry mess has exposed the incompetence and corruption of Scottish Football in which Rangers old and new have played a major part.

Of course we're going to discuss it.

Lucius Apuleius
05-12-2012, 02:19 PM
If I didn't see another New Rangers fan at ER ever again , I'd be happy

If I never saw another one on here I would be even happier.

AndyM_1875
05-12-2012, 02:22 PM
If it is a new club it has no place in SFL3 - it should be in the junior leagues. However it's chairman still sees fit to claim another club's history and insult the authorities and other clubs on an almost daily basis.

If it is still Rangers they have walked away from their financial resposibilites and disgraced Scottish Football with their plainly corrupt dealings over the last 12 years at least. Not to mention the disgusting sectarian leanings of the majority of their supporters.

Either way the whole sorry mess has exposed the incompetence and corruption of Scottish Football in which Rangers old and new have played a major part.

Of course we're going to discuss it.

This.

Onion
05-12-2012, 02:29 PM

Idea... and in the spirit pettiness.... any SPL club playing The Rangers in the future should just have 5 stars (or 6 or 7) stuck on their shirts too. That will not only piss The Rangers off, but would devalue the stars to nothing others than a bit of decoration :greengrin

harrsi
05-12-2012, 02:35 PM
The stars thing probably isn't against any rules (stars for league titles don't exist outside of Govan AFAIK). But on a similar theme, let's not forget the gaul of their 140th birthday celebrations.

Dead people don't have birthdays, idiots. And when dead people's birthdates are celebrated, the event isn't usually hijacked by some muppet pretending to be the deceased.

Didn't realise 140 days had passed... Time flies when you're having fun near the top of the SPL.

frazeHFC
05-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I think i clicked the wrong one, i wanted / want them gone all together.

Greendub
05-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Nope

I think they should have started non league!

jonty
05-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Serious question, im sure there will be many like yourself who don't want us at their ground, infact on dundee utd fan sites some where saying we don't want them however when CG said we don't want tickets the same people were up in arms about it, if we are not wanted surely that should make dundee utd happy?.

I'm sure lots of locals - not just Dundee Utd fans - will be happy to have less of bile, bigotry and urination in Dundee that day.

some supporters of other clubs are saying they will go to the game to help utd.
Correct

seems funny how fans of other clubs want to go see the Rangers,.
Now that bit you've just made up.

would they not be better giving money to their own team and fill their own grounds.
It's called solidarity. SPL Fans Solidarity. Something The Rangers fans wouldnt know anything about, never having been fans of an SPL team.

You seriously think other teams fans are going to pay to watch The Rangers? :faf:

Are you a woman? The only people I know that can twist the words of other people so much are women. And TQM. But mainly women.

basehibby
05-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Unfortunately Murdo MacLeod was on Radio 5 this morning to discuss Celtic's game tonight and he was asked what he thought of the 'boycott' and he agreed that they were justified in doing this!

Nice guy though he may be, Murdo has always suffered from OldFirm Myopia - he can only ever see any question through the twisted lens of the (former) glasgow duopoly - add to that the fact that he's thick as short planks and it's easy to understand why he comes out with sheight like this virtually every time he opens his daft mooth!

neilmartinrocks
05-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Tell all the huns that you know
Rangers are dead they're sevco
No trophies to see
And no history
So tell all the huns that you know.
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

basehibby
05-12-2012, 03:43 PM
On subject - I voted NO - because basically, allowing "The Rangers" a fast track into the League was the right thing to do for their fanbase and the rest of Scottish Football.

What is very wrong is the arrogant abuse of this hospitality shown by the deranged jakey Greene - ever since he's had his foot in the door he has done nothing but deliberately stir up ill feeling amongst a support hardly known for their charm and graciousness in the first place.

I honestly think the police should be taking the idiot to task because of the potential to incite violence and criminality resulting from his rabid slavering.

Hibs Class
05-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Nice guy though he may be, Murdo has always suffered from OldFirm Myopia - he can only ever see any question through the twisted lens of the (former) glasgow duopoly - add to that the fact that he's thick as short planks and it's easy to understand why he comes out with sheight like this virtually every time he opens his daft mooth!

He probably just doesn't want his windows bricked. The threat of vandalism or violence leads folk to say silly things that even they don't believe.

neilmartinrocks
05-12-2012, 03:48 PM
He probably just doesn't want his windows bricked. The threat of vandalism or violence leads folk to say silly things that even they don't believe.

so he's a COWARD rather than a BIGOT?

Hibs Class
05-12-2012, 04:18 PM
so he's a COWARD rather than a BIGOT?

Murdo? Never thought of him as a bigot.

neilmartinrocks
05-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Murdo? Never thought of him as a bigot.

ooops just noticed wrong thread.

sorry murdo.:not worth

woody47
05-12-2012, 06:57 PM
I always wanted rid of that vermin on a permanent basis. Would have preferred that they were all put on an uninhabited island somewhere and carry on being the inbreds that they are.

Hibeesforever
05-12-2012, 07:00 PM
I do have to criticise the media here.
As Richard Gough said last night, the statements made by the board of Rangers should just be ignored and not even reported.
It is obvious to all that Mr Green has realised that Scottish football does not need the club formally known as Rangers. His worry is that SEVCO will become an irrelevance hence his even more outrageous comments to stay in the media spotlight.
Not sure if members of the public can lodge complaints against imflamatory remarks and actions that bring the game into disrepute but I would be delighted to see someone try.

blueisthecolour
05-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Who wants tae go and see the zombie huns like ya ****in' roaster? I'd be there wanting tae see UTD GIRFUY. I can assure you also that if there is any danger of your vile 3rd division club getting a penny I'll no be there. Now away 'n' take yer face for a *****e

And why would you as a hibs fan want to go to see dundee utd, especially against rangers, why not pick an spl game, two teams in the big league would surely have more appeal to a hibs an wanting to see a rival team, also it would help with the sell out saturday we keep hearing about, even better wait till hibs play utd away and you get best of both worlds, see your team and see utd.

Bighoose
05-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Charles Green is a salesman and he has shares to sell.

That alone is the only reason as to what he had said and will continue to say.....

lord bunberry
05-12-2012, 07:54 PM
And why would you as a hibs fan want to go to see dundee utd, especially against rangers, why not pick an spl game, two teams in the big league would surely have more appeal to a hibs an wanting to see a rival team, also it would help with the sell out saturday we keep hearing about, even better wait till hibs play utd away and you get best of both worlds, see your team and see utd.

Your either stupid or at the wind up. The point of going to this game is not to see rangers or dundee utd for that matter its to send a message to your big mouthed idiot of an owner that it doesn't matter what he says or does we will survive fine without you

J-C
05-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Glasgow Rangers were the team who went into liquidation and therefore lost their place in the SPL. TBH the newco were very lucky to be allowed back into SFL considering other clubs such as Spartans have been trying to gain access for a few years now. They were given preferential treatment but still they moan and complain about being victimised, rules are there and Rangers broke those rules.

VickMackie
05-12-2012, 08:04 PM

Is it not obvious why people would attend?

No The Rangers fans = Less money for United.

If Rangers were to get no share of the gate then other fans would show financial support by attending to show that Scottish football doesn't need The Rangers. Fans of other teams don't care about the product on the pitch, it's the principle and message that we don't care what a New Club, who have played about 20 games, think. Especially when that club had rules bent to allow them to enter a competition they shouldn't even be in.

Look how refreshing the SPL is this season. There's an iota of competition this season unlike every other year when there was formerly two big clubs in the SPL.

Clear enough?

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Is it not obvious why people would attend?

No The Rangers fans = Less money for United.

If Rangers were to get no share of the gate then other fans would show financial support by attending to show that Scottish football doesn't need The Rangers. Fans of other teams don't care about the product on the pitch, it's the principle and message that we don't care what a New Club, who have played about 20 games, think. Especially when that club had rules bent to allow them to enter a competition they shouldn't even be in.

Look how refreshing the SPL is this season. There's an iota of competition this season unlike every other year when there was formerly two big clubs in the SPL.

Clear enough?

The guys a prick, just ignore him.

Caversham Green
05-12-2012, 09:38 PM

And why would you as a fan of The Rangers not want go and support them in what is probably the biggest game in their history?

Sir David Gray
05-12-2012, 09:43 PM
And why would you as a fan of The Rangers not want go and support them in what is probably the biggest game in their history?

:tee hee:

Saorsa
05-12-2012, 09:52 PM
And why would you as a hibs fan want to go to see dundee utd, especially against rangers, why not pick an spl game, two teams in the big league would surely have more appeal to a hibs an wanting to see a rival team, also it would help with the sell out saturday we keep hearing about, even better wait till hibs play utd away and you get best of both worlds, see your team and see utd.You are either thick as mince or you're at it. Away and throw *****e at yersel then crawl back tae whatever cave you came out of.

Steviie
06-12-2012, 06:13 AM

The fact is that they accepted election to the SFL as a new and different club. If they are unable or unwilling to conduct their affairs as such as a matter of honour they should withdraw their membership of the SFL at once .... or if not they should be subject to a charge of bringing the game into disrepute any time they comment or instigate actions by their club or supporters which relate to the dealings of the now DEFUNCT Rangers FC. the fact is the rangers bought rangers's history and other assists. In that being said they have a right to use the stars because it is apart of the rangers's history be because they bought rangers's history alongside with everything else? Don't like it ? Why not stop there? If you don't like the fact that a football club bought another's history lets go hate on aidrie utd or mk dons Infact why not hate England ?! They baught Cornwall of the country Cornwall and made it apart of England, same with the United States with Texas and California ! Why hate on a small crap team from Glasgow when you could hate the whole world right lol..... Lol trolololo

lord bunberry
06-12-2012, 06:54 AM
the fact is the rangers bought rangers's history and other assists. In that being said they have a right to use the stars because it is apart of the rangers's history be because they bought rangers's history alongside with everything else? Don't like it ? Why not stop there? If you don't like the fact that a football club bought another's history lets go hate on aidrie utd or mk dons Infact why not hate England ?! They baught Cornwall of the country Cornwall and made it apart of England, same with the United States with Texas and California ! Why hate on a small crap team from Glasgow when you could hate the whole world right lol..... Lol trolololo

Did England go bust owing the rest of the country millions did mk dons leave hundreds of local businesses out of pocket do the united states turn up at away grounds and spout sectarian bile for 90 minutes. I could go on but i think you get my drift

Hibs Class
06-12-2012, 06:54 AM
You cannot buy someone else's history any more than you can buy their birthday. You can do all you can to associate yourself with their history and if you can convince people who want to be convinced that the history is theirs then you will have some measure of success. None of that makes it fact, for the simple reason that it is a lie.

Caversham Green
06-12-2012, 07:45 AM
the fact is the rangers bought rangers's history and other assists. In that being said they have a right to use the stars because it is apart of the rangers's history be because they bought rangers's history alongside with everything else? Don't like it ? Why not stop there? If you don't like the fact that a football club bought another's history lets go hate on aidrie utd or mk dons Infact why not hate England ?! They baught Cornwall of the country Cornwall and made it apart of England, same with the United States with Texas and California ! Why hate on a small crap team from Glasgow when you could hate the whole world right lol..... Lol trolololo

Dear oh dear.

Sevco (as they were known then) did not buy Rangers history. The breakdown of the assets (not 'assists') they bought at a ridiculously low price - thereby cheating Rangers FC's creditors out of yet more money - was made public and nowhere was the history included. Indeed Charles Green himself said that liquidation would mean that the history was lost.

Aidrie United? As far as I'm concerned their history is Clydebank's, but I don't 'hate' them because they have never proposed a boycott of other clubs or borne old grudges or played petty politics the way your lot have.

MK Dons? They retain Wimbledon's history because they are the same club. AFC Wimbledon are claiming that club's history, but they don't actually own it. Just like The Rangers.

England/Cornwall? Cornwall has not gone out of existence and still retains its own history - likewise USA/Texas.

The words 'small' and 'crap' are about the only thing you've got right there.

Do you think Hibs should put in a bid for one of Nottingham Forest's European Cups?

lapsedhibee
06-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Do you think Hibs should put in a bid for one of Nottingham Forest's European Cups?

Aren't they best kept together as a pair? Say £5m for both, including the ground, players, etc. That'd be fair.

Leithenhibby
06-12-2012, 08:34 AM

:top marks

ScottB
06-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Ultimately letting new Rangers into SFL3 was the best option, of course there is the argument that they didn't meet the entry qualifications, but in reality they had to go somewhere, so the bottom of the national league structure makes sense.

The mess we have seen since is thanks to Charles Green and others, notably Jardine. Rather than trying to get the club to move forward, maybe even show a little humility, these guys have done everything to whip up the worst among their fan base, to convince them they've been wronged, in short to ensure that the club that eventually makes it to the SPL will be even more bitter and hate filled than the one that was liquidated.

Charles Green is probably the most unsuitable person to own a club this side of the Baltic Sea. A disrepute charge should be winging its way too him.

degenerated
06-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Just a cursory glance at the thread titles on Hun media gives an indication of how deranged, paranoid and vile the average Hun bigot is.
The only benefit in the rangers being in existence I can see is at least you know where these horrible ****bags are going to be on a Saturday and the authorities can monitor them on their websites.
A disgusting club supported by the worst sort of people. Even hearts fans would struggle to attain the level of repulsiveness that the Huns enjoy.

CropleyWasGod
06-12-2012, 09:42 AM
the fact is the rangers bought rangers's history and other assists.

Echoing Cav's comments here. The history was not part of the deal. They bought the properties, some of the players and the goodwill. The last-named was the Rangers brand, which was ridiculously over-priced at £1.