PDA

View Full Version : Boozy

Bleeds green
05-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Heard his coaching is going down a treat with the players and I think it's showing in players confidence come match days

jodjam
05-12-2012, 06:51 AM
I'm probably wrong but I thought it was the younger age groups he was involved in.

Dibben
05-12-2012, 06:53 AM
Under 14s I thought!

007 Mickey Weir
05-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Yeah he trains under 14s. But heard he is doing well.

Bleeds green
05-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Sorry should have stated youth players not 1st team was up at east mains few weeks ago as my cousin plays in u15s beat the yams 3-1

Elephant Stone
05-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Not surprised, top guy!

hfc rd
05-12-2012, 11:45 AM
I loved when we he used to commentate on Hibs tv.

lucky
05-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Was told the same from a parent of one of the lads. Also Hibs are not concentrating getting youngsters from Edinburgh area rather than the west of Scotland. Interestingly apparently we now have a scouting network in Ireland

Bleeds green
05-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Great stuff

Haymaker
05-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Was told the same from a parent of one of the lads. Also Hibs are not concentrating getting youngsters from Edinburgh area rather than the west of Scotland. Interestingly apparently we now have a scouting network in Ireland

Ireland has been producing decent players for a while now and we are close to Ireland with a similar culture and language. Great idea for us to get in and hopefully grab some players.

truehibernian
05-12-2012, 05:25 PM

Don't know who told you Hibs aren't looking at kids from Edinburgh but that's not true - we have good kids from Edinburgh at all age groups and some good kids in the SFA Academy based in Edinburgh. East Lothian is also a good scouting area for Hibs.

Livingston are doing very well at scouting good young talent, and Aberdeen have an extended network all over Scotland. Hearts have edged Hibs out for many young players in recent years and have some good players coming through.

Strangely enough St Johnstone have also started looking very closely at kids from Edinburgh - I know two lads who have been offered contracts this last two months - both keepers. But if my lad was to get scouted by an SPL club I'd have to say Aberdeen are the club who have often been quoted as being best for kids at present.

Bleeds green
05-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Don't know who told you Hibs aren't looking at kids from Edinburgh but that's not true - we have good kids from Edinburgh at all age groups and some good kids in the SFA Academy based in Edinburgh. East Lothian is also a good scouting area for Hibs.

Livingston are doing very well at scouting good young talent, and Aberdeen have an extended network all over Scotland. Hearts have edged Hibs out for many young players in recent years and have some good players coming through.

Strangely enough St Johnstone have also started looking very closely at kids from Edinburgh - I know two lads who have been offered contracts this last two months - both keepers. But if my lad was to get scouted by an SPL club I'd have to say Aberdeen are the club who have often been quoted as being best for kids at present.
To be fair I don't think he meant they were not scouting kids from Edinburgh think he meant they were scouting further afield aswell as Edinburgh and the west

lucky
05-12-2012, 10:37 PM

I was trying to say that club is concentrating on Edinburgh rather than the west of Scotland and were also setting up a scouting network in Ireland

RIP
05-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Wonder if anyone who knows the academy set up can advise.

Does a player have to wait till he's scouted? I'm no fitba player and my youngest (14) never kicked a ba' till he was nearly 10. He was a good athlete though. Since making his debut for Letham Boys Club 4 years ago as a subbie right back his progress has been rapid.

He joined Crieff Juniors and was moved up to right mid at XMAS. He then scored 12 goals up till April, won player of the year this summer, was made team captain in August, player of the school in October and recently selected in the first team for the Perthshire county squad. His school and club coacfhes have agreed he needs to step up a level to make the most of his talent.

He might never get scouted up Crieff way but it's mid-season so I don't want to come across all pushy dad by writing to the Academy. Also heard that academy lads start at 10 or 11, so my boy might be too old at 14?

Any advice gratefully received

PatHead
05-12-2012, 11:48 PM

Does a player have to wait till he's scouted? I'm no fitba player and my youngest (14) never kicked a ba' till he was nearly 10. He was a good athlete though. Since making his debut for Letham Boys Club 4 years ago as a subbie right back his progress has been rapid.

He joined Crieff Juniors and was moved up to right mid at XMAS. He then scored 12 goals up till April, won player of the year this summer, was made team captain in August, player of the school in October and recently selected in the first team for the Perthshire county squad. His school and club coacfhes have agreed he needs to step up a level to make the most of his talent.

He might never get scouted up Crieff way but it's mid-season so I don't want to come across all pushy dad by writing to the Academy. Also heard that academy lads start at 10 or 11, so my boy might be too old at 14?

You not pushy and forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I right :faf::faf:

RIP
06-12-2012, 12:09 AM
You not pushy and forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I right :faf::faf:

Am aright wi the Tache Kev, just dinnae want to gie ma laddie a beamer

Haymaker
06-12-2012, 01:46 AM

Generally kids start at a younger age, some academies work from 6+ but some kids will enter at older ages due to many simple reasons such as not being spotted or developing suddenly. It helps that Hibs are a team that works to develop players so they may take a look.

In my personal experience in youth football development it can be quite hard to get a scout to watch a game (most clubs around London when I asked a few years ago said "We send a scout to your area cup final" despite the fact my team would have never made it to the final but one player was outstanding!) so unless you know someone with links then that will almost certainly be out of the question. A nice letter to the academy from your club secretary asking if there are open days might be the best bet?

calumhibee1
06-12-2012, 08:12 AM

He's not too old at 14, not anywhere close to it infact. Sparky was playing for Hutchison Vale all the way through to under 17s before signing for Livingston, and there was a lad my age went down to Norwich from Musselburgh Windsor at about u16s and went pretty much straight into there reserves/first team squad.