PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Historical Trust Legends Project (Video Content)

Hibs History
04-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi there

Please check out the latest videos uploaded onto the new Hibernian Historical Trust website.

Featuring Eric Stevenson discussing the honour of being inducted into the Hall of Fame and beating Hearts.

New Videos Link (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/index.php/hibernian-legends)

Plenty more videos to come.

Please stay in touch

GGTTH

SouthMoroccoStu
04-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Some great clips

Thanks for posting

Jonnyboy
04-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Hi there

Please check out the latest videos uploaded onto the new Hibernian Historical Trust website.

Featuring Eric Stevenson discussing the honour of being inducted into the Hall of Fame and beating Hearts.

New Videos Link (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/index.php/hibernian-legends)

Plenty more videos to come.

Please stay in touch

GGTTH

A wonderful player for Hibs and it's great to know he still loves the club :thumbsup:

SouthMoroccoStu
04-12-2012, 09:32 PM
A wonderful player for Hibs and it's great to know he still loves the club :thumbsup:

Not of my era but my dad always speaks very highly of him.

Looking forward to seeing more vids

iwasthere1972
04-12-2012, 09:41 PM

:agree: Terrific old fashioned left winger.

cockneymike
05-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Just watched tommy Preston talking about beating Barcelona. Awesome!

The most understated interview you could imagine. They must have been a hell of a team! I hope there is more footage from these interviews that will be used elsewhere, as 3 mins to talk about beating barca is definitely not enough!

Hibs History
05-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Its been a real pleasure to put the videos together and to speak with these great men.

We will have more videos in the future with further interviews already in the pipeline.

brog
05-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Great stuff Tom, thanks for sharing!
Re the Barcelona game, Tommy Preston mentioned Barcelona recently having beaten Real Madrid. In those days you could enter more than 1 European competition & only a few weeks before the Hibs game Barcelona had become the 1st ever team to beat Real in the European Cup. I believe 10 of the 11 who played against Real played against Hibs & the only change was to strengthen the team with one of their stars coming back from injury. To put it in perspective only 6 months earlier Real had beaten Eintracht Frankfurt 7-3 at Hampden in what is acknowledged as the greatest ever European Final. Oh & as an aside EF had beaten Sevco 12-4 on aggregate in the semi!!
Someone mentions Hibs having a great team then, we didn't really, incredibly we actually lost our 1st 8 league games that season not winning until well into October!! We did however have the great Joe who scored 5 against Third Lanark on the Saturday before popping over & scoring 2 in the Nou Camp 3 days later!!

Viva_Palmeiras
05-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Great preserving our links to the past.

As someone who attended ER relatively late (17) my "benchmark" was set in the Miller era :( So to hear and read of these fantastic times and meet fellow Hibbies from the likes of London Hibs and Let's Work Together really brings home what a special club chose me :)

After that final there was I feel a need to re-establish the warm glow that comes with feeling how good it is to be a Hibby. Within around a month we had the fantastic Stadium and trophy/memorabilia tour as part of the Leith festival led by historical trust volunteers and now with the launch of the website allied to the commitment and performances on the park - life is good! Thanks for revitalising this Hibby!

Leithenhibby
05-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Its been a real pleasure to put the videos together and to speak with these great men.

We will have more videos in the future with further interviews already in the pipeline.

I for one, cannot wait.... wonderful stuff :wink:

MB62
06-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Eric Stevenson must be the most hacked player ever in the history of our club. Every time he got the ball down the left the opposition set out to boot him, or that's my memory anyway from many years ago.
Great player :thumbsup:

Tom Hart RIP
06-12-2012, 03:34 PM
I remember Eric being brought down in the box on new years day 1968. It was my first derby. We had not won at ER on NYD for 20 years. 10 mins to go we get the penalty and Joe Davies side footed into the corner.
Great memory. Apparently Eric, Bobby Kinloch aged 78, Jackie Macnamara and Keith Wright were launching. Walking Fitba scheme at Loanhead Miners Club yesterday.
Well done the Hibs historical trust. Great videos

O'Rourke3
06-12-2012, 07:21 PM
I love Eric's final comment " I wish I hudnae taken my feet aff the ba, 7-0 would have paled in comparison, it'd been 10-0" :flag: