PDA

View Full Version : Crawford Allan referee

PatHead
04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Mr Allan is referee for Saturday v ICT. Can't really think who he is?

neilmartinrocks
04-12-2012, 06:28 PM

Was he not the ref when we played the sheep (0-0 er) last season?9078

StevieT
04-12-2012, 06:33 PM
I believe he was brought up in Inverness.

lbouncer
04-12-2012, 07:15 PM
He's from edinburgh

tamig
04-12-2012, 07:43 PM
He's from edinburgh

Lives and works here but hails from the land of sheep.

StevieT
04-12-2012, 07:45 PM
He's from edinburgh

He is here now but from Inverness originally I believe.

Corstorphine Hibby
04-12-2012, 09:08 PM
He is here now but from Inverness originally I believe.

A former pupil at Craigmount HS according to a reliable source and seen regularly sporting Hearts colours in the Corstorphine area in 80's / 90's by an even more reliable source ( me ).

LeighLoyal
04-12-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't think we are favourites to win this game tbh, amazed Mickey Weir was saying he saw no reason we shouldn't win in his EEN column. Mate, they've won at Parkhead, thrashed Sevco, won at Pittodrie, thrashed both Dundee teams. I'd take the draw right now.

PatHead
04-12-2012, 09:56 PM
I don't think we are favourites to win this game tbh, amazed Mickey Weir was saying he saw no reason we shouldn't win in his EEN column. Mate, they've won at Parkhead, thrashed Sevco, won at Pittodrie, thrashed both Dundee teams. I'd take the draw right now.

They have only won 2 games at home this season with 4 draws so you never know.

frazeHFC
04-12-2012, 11:46 PM

You say that, but we are still above them in the league. No reason why we can't win!

edinburghhibee
04-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Course we can win! But it will be difficult, ICT have been on a decent wee run but they are beatable at home I believe. Keep in mind that we beat them up there twice last year.

Hibee87
05-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Inverness are a good attacking team, they WILL score goals, however they do leave themself open and the defence/keeper is a bit ropey. I think we need the mentality of they will score so we need to score more. An exciting 3-2 for me :greengrin :pfgwa

JimBHibees
05-12-2012, 08:47 AM

Their last home game they were hammered 5-1 in saying that think that was a one-off as they are a decent side IMO.

truehibernian
05-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Middle to front they are potent, with good pace from Shinnie and MacKay - and Foran is having a superb season, playing just in the hole linking play. At set pieces they are also decent.

One thing I've noticed about them though is that they are most definitely a team of 'two halves' - against Hearts they dominated first half, similarly at the weekend. Then they took their foot off the gas a little and allowed teams possession and territory. Against us at Easter Road it was the same.

The lad Butcher plays in midfield, Davis - think he's on loan at Arsenal - switches off far too often and for me is the weak link. Tends to play right or left midfield and doesn't track back to help his full backs. Butcher often looks like he's about to have a heart attack the way he launches into him for laziness.

Graeme Shinnie likes to get forward, which means if both are upfield, we could get some joy with Cairney/Wotherspoon on the flanks.

I think there'll be lots of goals in this one - high scoring draw for me, as Inverness are playing some lovely football.

1987green
05-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Iwas at the Livingston game on Saturday and he was the ref. Absolute bombscare up there with Thompson

Geo_1875
05-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Crawford Allan? Got 2 surnames, must be a jambo.

tamig
05-12-2012, 07:39 PM
A former pupil at Craigmount HS according to a reliable source and seen regularly sporting Hearts colours in the Corstorphine area in 80's / 90's by an even more reliable source ( me ).
He's not a Hertz fan.

keithkeith
05-12-2012, 08:55 PM
He's not a Hertz fan.

Correct. I used to work alongside him at RBS and I've watched him referee SFL games regularly. He's a good ref and has done really well to come up through the ranks. He's not a Yam.

BUT...He's refereed us 4 times and we've never won lol

Hibernian 0-0 Aberdeen
Hibernian 1-2 St Johnstone
St Johnstone 1-1 Hibernian
Hibernian 1-1 Inverness

jabis
05-12-2012, 09:05 PM

having read all the posts,the only definate is that he is the son of Mr and Mrs Allan.

he may be from inverness/aberdeen/edinburgh.....but who gives a s***

Corstorphine Hibby
05-12-2012, 09:11 PM
He's not a Hertz fan.

If it's the same guy who lived in the Broomhall area of Edinburgh in the 80's / 90's and went to Craigmount HS, I can assure you I regularly spotted him draped in maroon colours at that time.

keithkeith
05-12-2012, 09:30 PM
If it's the same guy who lived in the Broomhall area of Edinburgh in the 80's / 90's and went to Craigmount HS, I can assure you I regularly spotted him draped in maroon colours at that time.

Maybe he was an Arbroath or Stenhousemuir fan?

;)

Rattler
05-12-2012, 10:57 PM

Certainly the same guy......I knew him well for a good number of years from the mid 80's onwards.

Never a lover for frequenting the PBS but an Sheep fan through and through.