PDA

View Full Version : One Rod Petrie, there's only one Rod Petrie.

DH1875
04-12-2012, 06:25 PM
While talking about the newco rejecting their tickets for the Utd game a certain Richard Gough said that it was Hibs that were the driving force behind them getting kicked out the league. Thanks Rod :thumbsup:.

:flag::hibees:flag:.

frazeHFC
04-12-2012, 06:35 PM
:not worth

iwasthere1972
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
While talking about the newco rejecting their tickets for the Utd game a certain Richard Gough said that it was Hibs that were the driving force behind them getting kicked out the league. Thanks Rod :thumbsup:.

Where and when did Dick Gough say this.

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 06:40 PM

Driving force??

I know our stance was well documented citing "sporting integrity", but not so sure we were the driving force....:confused:

I'm_cabbaged
04-12-2012, 06:42 PM
No we weren't, the huns were.

iwasthere1972
04-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Tax authorities may have had something to do with it.

DH1875
04-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Where and when did Dick Gough say this.

At the start of tonights sportsound :aok:.

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 06:55 PM
At the start of tonights sportsound :aok:.must be true if he said it?

bingo70
04-12-2012, 06:56 PM

Rangers weren't kicked out the league, they folded and had to start again like every other club has had to do so in what way was Petrie or Dundee Utd responsible for that Gough ya hun dick?

iwasthere1972
04-12-2012, 06:57 PM
At the start of tonights sportsound :aok:.

Cheers.

SwanseaHibs
04-12-2012, 07:13 PM
They weren't kicked out, their holding company was liquidated and their application to join the SPL, as a new entity, was rejected.

They brought it upon themselves. It wasn't our fault.

Hibeesforever
04-12-2012, 07:19 PM

I listened to the same programme and he did not say this but happy if we took all the credit.

I thought Richard Gough came across really well, he actually said that the Rangers support should just move on. He stated it was very poor that the board were sending down directives to the fans ie. Green was an idiot.
If you look back at your journo notes you will see that Hearts actually came out before Hibs and said that the Third Division was the only option.
I wrote to the board at the time and said they should steal the moral high ground and anounce this first. I was staggerred when Vlad beat us and gained the initiative.
Think Rod used the "sporting integrity line" for the first time on a BBC documentary but could be wrong. Anyway, on that programme he was the only person who had any class.

A month is a long time in football and i can't believe I am saying this but I hope that we can resign Rod as well! The SFA can wait.

:hibees

BEEJ
04-12-2012, 08:46 PM

Given Gough's former allegiances with The Arabs, I would expect him to say anything to divert attention from them as being the scapegoats.

Sir David Gray
04-12-2012, 08:54 PM
The club previously known as Rangers got themselves kicked out of the SPL, no-one else.

It was them who chalked up millions upon millions of pounds worth of debt.
It was them who went into admiinistration.
It was them who ultimately entered liquidation and went out of business.

I can't see how we can be blamed for any of that.

But if they are blaming us for their predicament and expulsion from the SPL then I'm sure I can live with that.

DH1875
04-12-2012, 09:02 PM
I listened to the same programme and he did not say this but happy if we took all the credit.

I thought Richard Gough came across really well, he actually said that the Rangers support should just move on. He stated it was very poor that the board were sending down directives to the fans ie. Green was an idiot.
If you look back at your journo notes you will see that Hearts actually came out before Hibs and said that the Third Division was the only option.
I wrote to the board at the time and said they should steal the moral high ground and anounce this first. I was staggerred when Vlad beat us and gained the initiative.
Think Rod used the "sporting integrity line" for the first time on a BBC documentary but could be wrong. Anyway, on that programme he was the only person who had any class.

A month is a long time in football and i can't believe I am saying this but I hope that we can resign Rod as well! The SFA can wait.

:confused::confused::confused:.

Listen again. He defo said we were the main players. Was a throw away comment in a throw away sentence and was very surprised when he said it. No one even on the show pulled him up or questioned him.

VickMackie
04-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Everything the club has done over the last six years has been to stabilise finances. If we advocated a reformed club entering in the top division it would have all been for nothing.

We should be reaping the benefits of tryin to run a stable club, not cheats and shysters.

VickMackie
04-12-2012, 09:07 PM
The club previously known as Rangers got themselves kicked out of the SPL, no-one else.

It was them who chalked up millions upon millions of pounds worth of debt.
It was them who went into admiinistration.
It was them who ultimately entered liquidation and went out of business.

I can't see how we can be blamed for any of that.

But if they are blaming us for their predicament and expulsion from the SPL then I'm sure I can live with that.

Re the last part, I'm actually quite happy about it!

It'll be great playing them with an empty south stand.

Pretty Boy
04-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Richard Gough, child mol......

LioNeilMessi
04-12-2012, 09:53 PM
But now we're going to lose hundreds of thousands in the league from Huns boycotting ER.. :greengrin

1two
04-12-2012, 09:58 PM
I honestly think a Hun boycott at Easter road would see a bigger home gate! No vermin to sing their disgusting songs and no home crowd to cheer on the Hibs and have a say in every decision!
**** em!

LeighLoyal
04-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Petrie never wavered in his line that integrity was beyond purchase. We've had some duff managers and bad years on the pitch recently but that was his finest hour. :aok:

Surprised the Saville inquiry hasn't expanded its remit to include 'known' footballers.

LeighLoyal
04-12-2012, 10:02 PM
I honestly think a Hun boycott at Easter road would see a bigger home gate! No vermin to sing their disgusting songs and no home crowd to cheer on the Hibs and have a say in every decision!
**** em!

And if any zombie hun did show face they'd better have good insurance or very fast legs. :aok: "We hate Sevco, zombie b......s and we chase them everywhere."

Corstorphine Hibby
04-12-2012, 10:44 PM

This is a support still banging on about events from 1690 and Richard Gough states that they should move on ?

Oh the irony.

basehibby
04-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Rod was certainly among the first to stick his head above the parapet and object to the notion put forward by various OF erse lickers and sycophants that Zombie Huns should be allowed to cheat their way back into the SPL without earning the right to be there.

The likes of Gough should be brought to task for trying to twist history to favour the lie that Rangers were somehow thrown out of the SPL - they ran into administration and thence liquidation to avoid their obligations in what was a cowardly and avaricious move by their rulers and masters. The inevitable result of this was that any newco would have to re-apply to join the league, and the idea that they should somehow be rewarded for their cheating with favourable treatment was morally repugnant.

ALL the clubs recognised this once Rod had shown the guts and fortitude to point out what had been an "elephant in the living room" truth up to that point. For that he certainly deserves our thanks and praise - and that of all football fans in Scotland for that matter.

Well done Rod - :top marks:not worth:thumbsup:

Edit - just read some of the posts above - maybe Gough isn't the erse in this situ - if he's telling the orks to move on then he's showing better leadership than the idiot Greene.

Rossco1875
05-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Rangers only have THEM Self to blame for the mess they got in and they folded and had to start again in the 3rd like any other SPL team would have to do that was the rules:cb

JimBHibees
05-12-2012, 10:09 AM

He did say it he said he thought Hibs were the main instigators behind Sevco not getting voted back in.

Bostonhibby
05-12-2012, 10:19 AM
This is a support still banging on about events from 1690 and Richard Gough states that they should move on ?

Oh the irony.

Listen, if they want to sing about a camp looking foreigner with a pechant for wigs who is well over 300 years old that's fine, the rest of us can get on with the football. Apparently they all want to go and defend part of N. Ireland as well, never knew it was being invaded but if it keeps them off the streets I say go for it boys.

brog
05-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Listen, if they want to sing about a camp looking foreigner with a pechant for wigs who is well over 300 years old that's fine, the rest of us can get on with the football. Apparently they all want to go and defend part of N. Ireland as well, never knew it was being invaded but if it keeps them off the streets I say go for it boys.

They also passionately state the city should be called Londonderry, not Derry then they all start singing about guarding old Derry's walls!! Genius!

NAE NOOKIE
05-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Its not possible to apportion 'blame' to other clubs or individuals outside of the former Rangers FC. for what subsequently happened.

As has been said already, and its something that Greene, Jardine ( get well soon, fitba isnt everything ) McCoist and every supporter of the new football club called 'The Rangers' need to realise.

The people responsible for what happened to the club they used to support were within Ibrox, not outwith it.

If The Zombie Huns are looking for something to boycott then they would be better to boycott Murray International rather than Dundee Utd, who apparently commited the unforgivable crime of wanting their money.

The more rubbish that comes out of Ibrox the more the term Zombie fits this new club.

Like a Zombie they rise from the grave, a shell of what was once alive .... moving and making noises like the original, but with the only reason for being to maim and kill without thought or intelligence. Something evil and unclean.

Its up to the owners and supporters of 'The Rangers' to run the new club with class, dignity and humility ... something the club they replaced lost years before ever going bust.

So far 0/10.

lord bunberry
05-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Is it not about time we had some leadership from the sfa or the spl on this. Rangers and there fans are whipping themselves up into a real frenzy over this and its not going to end well. If we both win our respective cup ties and we are drawn together at ibrox it will be a horrible poisonous atmosphere even more than normal and that shower don't know where to draw the line i wouldn't feel safe going through there. The powers that be need to release a statement telling the truth about why they are playing in div 3 and green should be told one more outburst and he is going to be kicked out of scottish football he is an idiot who is playing a very dangerous game

southsider
05-12-2012, 12:44 PM
sevco should have never been allowed to kick another ball until every last penny is repaid to all those they stole from.. To pay players 6 & 7 grand a week whilst refusing to pay the window cleaner £400 shows Green has, and never will have, any class.

Bay Area Hibees
06-12-2012, 06:55 AM
[QUOTE=southsider;3437942]sevco should have never been allowed to kick another ball until every last penny is repaid to all those they stole from.. To pay players 6 & 7 grand a week whilst refusing to pay the window cleaner £400 shows Green has, and never will have, any class.[/QUOtough

His main sentiment was move on, clearly not fan of the boycott.

IMHO came across really well.

Let's remember Hun dissolved, had to be re admitted. Deluded *** wit fans think were relegated.

Cam see them being hated forever more.

Cants

Hibrandenburg
06-12-2012, 07:59 AM
There are a lot of people out there who predicted chaos and bloodshed should the old hun go down the pan. They have been left with egg on their faces now that it has been proved that there is life after Rangers and are trying to incite the manky masses in an attempt to save face.

GordonHFC
06-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Someone should tell this dick that there is a difference between being thrown out and not being allowed back in.

JimBHibees
06-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Its not possible to apportion 'blame' to other clubs or individuals outside of the former Rangers FC. for what subsequently happened.

As has been said already, and its something that Greene, Jardine ( get well soon, fitba isnt everything ) McCoist and every supporter of the new football club called 'The Rangers' need to realise.

The people responsible for what happened to the club they used to support were within Ibrox, not outwith it.

If The Zombie Huns are looking for something to boycott then they would be better to boycott Murray International rather than Dundee Utd, who apparently commited the unforgivable crime of wanting their money.

The more rubbish that comes out of Ibrox the more the term Zombie fits this new club.

Like a Zombie they rise from the grave, a shell of what was once alive .... moving and making noises like the original, but with the only reason for being to maim and kill without thought or intelligence. Something evil and unclean.

Its up to the owners and supporters of 'The Rangers' to run the new club with class, dignity and humility ... something the club they replaced lost years before ever going bust.

So far 0/10.

What a great post that is. :top marks

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 02:16 PM

Seems to me like he's just trying to push it all on us.

Still.... I hope the hun herds buy into it, that way it'll mean less bigots at ER if we ever clash with them.