PDA

View Full Version : NHC Huns to boycott united in cup

neilmartinrocks
04-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Just been told by that the huns are to boycott their cup game against Dundee Utd!!
Thought they needed the money?
Don't they know its a 50/50 split?
sorry if already posted.

Pete
04-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Why?

CropleyWasGod
04-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Why?

Dundee's too high-brow for them.

neilmartinrocks
04-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Why?

Dinnae ken, but it's certainly not because they might get humped. :wink:
Something to do with United demanding the money they were owed.

JustSimplyHibs
04-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Well here is hoping the Dundee Hibs chairman charges £10 a programme and 50p entry to the game (gate recpts are split 50/50, programme sales aint :wink: )

They are doing a boycott of all the SPL clubs home grounds who voted against them - let them, there are ways around their plans i.e. above!

neilmartinrocks
04-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Just a thought IF NO HUNS TURN UP AT THE GAME DO THE RANGERS STILL GET A SHARE OF THE GATE MONEY?

CropleyWasGod
04-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Just a thought IF NO HUNS TURN UP AT THE GAME DO THE RANGERS STILL GET A SHARE OF THE GATE MONEY?

Yes.

PatHead
04-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Well here is hoping the Dundee Hibs chairman charges £10 a programme and 50p entry to the game (gate recpts are split 50/50, programme sales aint :wink: )

They are doing a boycott of all the SPL clubs who voted against them - let them, there are ways around their plans i.e. above!

But they turned up at Hunbrox when ICT and Motherwell got half the gate money! Think their problem goes back further to an abandoned match when Utd charged for the replay against the team formerly known as Rangers.

JustSimplyHibs
04-12-2012, 12:28 PM
But they turned up at Hunbrox when ICT and Motherwell got half the gate money! Think their problem goes back further to an abandoned match when Utd charged for the replay against the team formerly known as Rangers.

That's right, they were home games not away. I'm only going on what my mates tell me, 5 of them all season ticket holders who got free entry to those cup games...cup-top up or something.

I edited my post above

bathhibby
04-12-2012, 12:32 PM
When I saw the draw I thought they'd be in for a right cuffing but if they have no support then its an early exit as they have come to expect a large mental travelling support

Part/Time Supporter
04-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Why?

1. United charged them full whack for a rearranged game a few years back, which had to be played because the first game had been called off at half-time.

2. Selling Goodwillie to Blackburn instead of them last year (good decision for United, as it turns out).

3. Hun paranoia about Stephen Thompson ("timmy sounding name, dontcha know") acting in cahoots with Celtic and Hibs to stop Sevco getting into the SPL.

That's it.

neilmartinrocks
04-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Yes.

Well in that case i hope that United have the same idea as JSH above.

DarrenSQH
04-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Sevco with fans at tannadice have a chance.
Sevco with no fans at tannadice are out.

Sylar
04-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Had a feeling this would happen as soon as the draw was announced :rolleyes:

In their minds, they feel that United (along with us and Celtc) were driving forces in the quest to have Rangers eliminated entirely from the Scottish league. No coincidence that each of these clubs have some form of Catholic history/associations.

It adds to already perceived injustices against them from United in reference to the aforementioned replay match.

The various supporter groups have already stated that they will boycott the game (including the Blue Order, RST, Vanguard Bears and Ulster Bears) but I can't see a wholesale boycott taking place as too many of them will want to rock up to Tannadice and "get it up" the Arabs for 90 minutes.

Their fans are apparently talking about pressuring Rangers to organise a Legends match or reserve match on the same day, or arrange a beamback to Ibrox with charged entry but neither will work owing to policing and/or broadcast rights.

neilmartinrocks
04-12-2012, 12:49 PM
They do have the same idea :wink:
taken from United forum
I don't know if I read it here or elsewhere, but is there any way shape or form that ST can use an ace up his sleeve to get full profits for the game?

All ticket game, £5 per ticket, £15 for a voucher for a match programme which you redeem on the day?

Rangers get there 50% of my fiver, and United get the £17.50?

Or am I just talking pysh?

KeithTheHibby
04-12-2012, 12:51 PM
You can guarantee if they had drawn Celtic they wouldn't have boycotted the game.

Who cares anyway, 3rd division pish away to an SPL club?

JimBHibees
04-12-2012, 12:56 PM
They will be there IMO as they cant help themselves with a bit of attention seeking however will no doubt be even more obnoxious than usual if that were indeed possible.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2012, 12:57 PM
United show offer them only 1 stand instead of the usual 2

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 12:59 PM
They do have the same idea :wink:
taken from United forum
I don't know if I read it here or elsewhere, but is there any way shape or form that ST can use an ace up his sleeve to get full profits for the game?

All ticket game, £5 per ticket, £15 for a voucher for a match programme which you redeem on the day?

Rangers get there 50% of my fiver, and United get the £17.50?

Or am I just talking pysh?Does the price of the game no have tae be agreed by both clubs though?

Diclonius
04-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Does this mean they'll boycott us too if we draw them? :thumbsup:

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Does this mean they'll boycott us too if we draw them? :thumbsup:with a bit of luck.

anyway I thought you didnae like boycotts :wink: :greengrin

neilmartinrocks
04-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Does the price of the game no have tae be agreed by both clubs though?

Just looked that up and aye it does.....damn!!!

stokesmessiah
04-12-2012, 01:09 PM
If you fancy pishing your pants this avo, read this: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=243156

PatHead
04-12-2012, 01:10 PM

In their minds, they feel that United (along with us and Celtc) were driving forces in the quest to have Rangers eliminated entirely from the Scottish league. No coincidence that each of these clubs have some form of Catholic history/associations.

It adds to already perceived injustices against them from United in reference to the aforementioned replay match.

The various supporter groups have already stated that they will boycott the game (including the Blue Order, RST, Vanguard Bears and Ulster Bears) but I can't see a wholesale boycott taking place as too many of them will want to rock up to Tannadice and "get it up" the Arabs for 90 minutes.

Their fans are apparently talking about pressuring Rangers to organise a Legends match or reserve match on the same day, or arrange a beamback to Ibrox with charged entry but neither will work owing to policing and/or broadcast rights.

As the match will be live on Sky/BBC no reason The Rangers couldn't open their bars and charge entry.

Jim44
04-12-2012, 01:26 PM
If and when they return to the SPL, is their acceptance for membership not governed by strict (ha ha) rules. I forget the wording but there is one about all clubs acting within the spirit of the league and in the best interests of other members. I reckon that a football club and it's supporters are part of the same package and if a club whose supporters behave in a manner which is unacceptable ( eg systematic boycotting etc.) then that club should be deemed unsuitable for membership. Or is the behaviour of fans outwith the remit of board of the SPL?

Hibercelona
04-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Hopefully Rangers scrape a win in this game.

I'd rather we came across them in the cup than Dundee Utd...

LancsHibs
04-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Hilarious and shocking at the same time!! To be fair the OP was slapped down by the vast majority for expressing his 'views'. I do hope they have their picket, will be most entertaining, funnier than the hat throwing antics of the Yams not that the police will allow it anyway! Fannies:na na:

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 02:05 PM
I wonder if this guy will be on the picket line :greengrin

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/lol-2.jpg

:hilarious

SaulGoodman
04-12-2012, 03:04 PM
They think they're bigger than they really are.. Who cares if they boycott.

Nobody's going to worry about an average third division teams boycott.

Although if they started 'coming to blows' like the op in that thread said it would show them for the classless bunch of SPL rejects their fans really are :faf:

H18sry
04-12-2012, 05:16 PM
CHARLES GREEN, Chief Executive of Rangers, has tonight issued the following statement.

He said: “Rangers Football Club will not be taking its allocation of tickets for the forthcoming Scottish Cup match against Dundee United at Tannadice.

“This is a unanimous decision by the board, senior management and staff at Ibrox. Everyone at this club is dismayed at the actions of certain SPL clubs, which were actively engaged in trying to harm Rangers when we were in a perilous situation and we are acutely aware of their attitude to us.

“Not all clubs who voted against Rangers returning to the SPL fall into that category and indeed we made Motherwell very welcome when we played them at Ibrox in the League Cup competition recently.

“However, feelings remain very raw and it should be no surprise that we as a club feel this way.

"It is unsurprising too that there has been a reaction from our supporters to this particular fixture.

“The last thing we as a club want to do is to compromise security arrangements for any match.

"I therefore appeal to all fans not to travel to this match and to Dundee United not to sell tickets to Rangers supporters.

“Our only regret is that this turn of events will not assist Ally McCoist and the team in what will be a very difficult fixture.

“We should make clear that the Club, the manager and the players all look forward to a situation where Rangers fans attend every match to support the team. The fans are our greatest asset.”

INFORMATION FOR SEASON TICKET HOLDERS/SUPPORTERS CLUBS

Rangers season ticket holders should note that their participation in the continuous credit card scheme and position in any subsequent ballots will be unaffected by this decision.

Similarly, supporters clubs should not that their ticket grading will remain completely unaffected.

Visit the official Rangers web site at http://www.rangers.co.uk to catch up on the latest Rangers news, views and interviews and to find out more about our full range of official products and services.

DH1875
04-12-2012, 05:16 PM

As a club the newco have rejected their allocation and wont be taking any tickets for the game and have asked for their fans not to travel :confused:.

Since90+2
04-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Rangers have announced they will not be taking any allocation of tickets for the game.

They had a slim chance of winning with an away support , Dundee Utd will stroll the game now.

clerriehibs
04-12-2012, 05:18 PM
CHARLES GREEN, Chief Executive of Rangers, has tonight issued the following statement.

He said: “Rangers Football Club will not be taking its allocation of tickets for the forthcoming Scottish Cup match against Dundee United at Tannadice.

“This is a unanimous decision by the board, senior management and staff at Ibrox. Everyone at this club is dismayed at the actions of certain SPL clubs, which were actively engaged in trying to harm Rangers when we were in a perilous situation and we are acutely aware of their attitude to us.

“Not all clubs who voted against Rangers returning to the SPL fall into that category and indeed we made Motherwell very welcome when we played them at Ibrox in the League Cup competition recently.

“However, feelings remain very raw and it should be no surprise that we as a club feel this way.

"It is unsurprising too that there has been a reaction from our supporters to this particular fixture.

“The last thing we as a club want to do is to compromise security arrangements for any match.

"I therefore appeal to all fans not to travel to this match and to Dundee United not to sell tickets to Rangers supporters.

“Our only regret is that this turn of events will not assist Ally McCoist and the team in what will be a very difficult fixture.

“We should make clear that the Club, the manager and the players all look forward to a situation where Rangers fans attend every match to support the team. The fans are our greatest asset.”

Rangers season ticket holders should note that their participation in the continuous credit card scheme and position in any subsequent ballots will be unaffected by this decision.

Similarly, supporters clubs should not that their ticket grading will remain completely unaffected.

Visit the official Rangers web site at http://www.rangers.co.uk to catch up on the latest Rangers news, views and interviews and to find out more about our full range of official products and services.

I assume green won't be looking for his share of the gate then?

Elephant Stone
04-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Charles Green is a total snake. An absolute match made in heaven for their lot.

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 05:20 PM
:boo hoo: :boo hoo:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0apzNxGMpxI/T4SYBIT9koI/AAAAAAAAAjo/Z21JtZBnxxk/s1600/ferraritoys.jpg

:faf: :faf:

Franck Stanton
04-12-2012, 05:21 PM
So what ? Dundee Unt will just fill their ground with their own supporters with there now being no fear of having to listen to all the religious bile and buckie - drinking morons invading their City. Unt should lower gate prices and get as many fans in as possible and show the rankers that the rest of the SPL doesn't need them .

bigwheel
04-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Wouldn't it be great to never see another Hun at ER ever again!

Diclonius
04-12-2012, 05:24 PM
That is actually brilliant. Best thing Green's done since he bought them.

Can they do that every week?

PatHead
04-12-2012, 05:24 PM
If it is on a non Hibs day I'm tempted to go just to back the SPL clubs stance last summer

Billy Whizz
04-12-2012, 05:25 PM
I assume green won't be looking for his share of the gate then?

Good shout. I'm sure the SFA will back this. Imagine a game at ER against the Rangers without a Hun fan!!!

MoscowHibs
04-12-2012, 05:28 PM
If I was Stevie Thompson, I would make this a freebie. If the newco huns arenae taking tickets then that should mean they have no say in the ticket prices. so Either a freebie or take in enough to cover costs so at the end of the day, when the filth ask for their cut of the gate,and they will, there is hee haw left to give.

iwasthere1972
04-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Dundee will be a safer place knowing that there will be no huns in town. Seriously..........it's the kind of games you would play at primary school.

Hope they get seriously humped.

Bighoose
04-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Sevco are truely pathetic.

Will the SFA have the baws to come out and say "no fans Charlie? well no share of the gate then"

Winston Ingram
04-12-2012, 05:31 PM
My Mrs refused tae buy me a Ferrari for Christmas so I'm binning her as I see this as 'actively engaging in trying to harm me' :agree:

Jim44
04-12-2012, 05:32 PM
As a club the newco have rejected their allocation and wont be taking any tickets for the game and have asked for their fans not to travel :confused:.

If they have taken an official line on this, I hope their actions are noted, stored and used against them when they, despite Green's ridiculous lie that they will never play in the SPL again, when they eventially get promoted to the SPL. If they behave like this for the next two and a half years, they should be labelled as a club non grata and unsuitable for membership of the SPL.

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Sevco are truely pathetic.

Will the SFA have the baws to come out and say "no fans Charlie? well no share of the gate then"

Agreed, it is always someone else's fault, never theirs. Nothing to do with the gross mis-management of their Club for years......Absolute shower of roasters........

iwasthere1972
04-12-2012, 05:36 PM
If I was Stevie Thompson, I would make this a freebie. If the newco huns arenae taking tickets then that should mean they have no say in the ticket prices. so Either a freebie or take in enough to cover costs so at the end of the day, when the filth ask for their cut of the gate,and they will, there is hee haw left to give.

Or buy one get two free.

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Hope the buckie swilling jakey blue carrier bag brigade decide tae boycott ER too so we dinnae have tae put up with the vermin either

PatHead
04-12-2012, 05:38 PM
If Rangers don't get charged with bringing the game into disrepute there is something far wrong.

They really do think the world revolves around them don't they?

Should also ban them from the cup for lack of sporting integrity.

truehibernian
04-12-2012, 05:41 PM
A strong SFA would come out, threaten to throw them out the Cup if they don't relent, and give them 14 days - failure to comply with request, Elgin get given their place v United.

What a horrible, spiteful, disgusting club Rangers have become. The Rangers and Green are a perfect match - if Walter Smith is now on their board, and he agreed to this, especially with his attachment to Dundee United, he should hang his head in utter shame for allowing this truly despicable stance.

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 05:44 PM
A strong SFA would come out, threaten to throw them out the Cup if they don't relent, and give them 14 days - failure to comply with request, Elgin get given their place v United.

What a horrible, spiteful, disgusting club Rangers have become. The Rangers and Green are a perfect match - if Walter Smith is now on their board, and he agreed to this, especially with his attachment to Dundee United, he should hang his head in utter shame for allowing this truly despicable stance.Become? that's a change is it?

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 05:44 PM
If Rangers don't get charged with bringing the game into disrepute there is something far wrong.

They really do think the world revolves around them don't they?

Should also ban them from the cup for lack of sporting integrity.

The Rangers are a disgrace and Greene is a trumpet, pandering to the masses.....

Billy Whizz
04-12-2012, 05:49 PM
The Rangers are a disgrace and Greene is a trumpet, pandering to the masses.....

Glad we didn't get them and hope United knock them out. Scottish Football is a whole lot better without them.

RCNG
04-12-2012, 05:49 PM
If rangers officially decline their tickets I'd assume they decline any participation in discussing prices.

neilmartinrocks
04-12-2012, 05:57 PM

Thats what i thought, if they have now fishulay placed a boycott on the game why should they get a cut of said game never mind a say on what the price should be.

weonlywon6-2
04-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Just been told by that the huns are to boycott their cup game against Dundee Utd!!
sorry if already posted.

its cause they are going to get beaten.They wont boycott the game at all,they will turn up in their thousands for this one,lying trumpets:rolleyes:

kevo1875
04-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Really hope they just crawl off somewhere n die , horrible club with a it wasn't our fault we was cheating bassas all these years attitude..despised them before beyond that now ...Green take ur parasite bigoted club n gtf

neilmartinrocks
04-12-2012, 06:02 PM
its cause they are going to get beaten.They wont boycott the game at all,they will turn up in their thousands for this one,lying trumpets:rolleyes:

Nah mate Mr Greene has refused the tickets and asked fans not to travel. Prob so he can claim "they aren't our fans when the **** hit the fan.

Gatecrasher
04-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Hope the buckie swilling jakey blue carrier bag brigade decide tae boycott ER too so we dinnae have tae put up with the vermin either
:top marks

100% agreed

Beefster
04-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Green does all this **** to get the Orcs onside. He's paying them like fiddles.

Gatecrasher
04-12-2012, 06:07 PM
The best thing Dundee utd can do now is drop the prices and get the place full of their own support, Rangers = :lolrangers:

neilmartinrocks
04-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Green does all this **** to get the Orcs onside. He's paying them like fiddles.

Better hope he's a better FIDDLER than Murray and white then!!:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-12-2012, 06:12 PM
If this is a matter of principle, didn't they have the hump with the SFA in general and so should be boycotting the cup altogether?? Arabs I know are delighted and hope that there is a way to enforce this so that United can make it a proper family day. Wonder how many bigots would have refused to go to Darkheid if they had drawn Celtc?

NAE NOOKIE
04-12-2012, 06:13 PM
If The Rangers Sevco Zombie Hunz FC refuse to sell tickets for this game thats one thing. Telling their supporters to stay away from the game is nothing short of a deliberate attempt to stop Dundee Utd from making money from the match.

In view of that I would presume that they will back up this childish stance by refusing to take a share of the gate money that Utd do take in.

Utd as far as I can see have done nothing wrong in their dealings with Rangers FC. I understand that The Rangers play at that clubs old stadium.

In view of this the SFA should charge the Zombie's with bringing the game into disrepute. 1 ) Because they have tried to damage another clubs finances 2 ) For continuing to act as if they are Rangers FC when in fact the club admitted to the SFL was The Rangers and therefore should have no reason to be acting against a fellow club who have had no dealings with them at all ....... In fact The Rangers are asking their supporters to boycott a club who they have never played in a competitive football match.

The SFA should eject the Rangers from the cup if they go ahead with this.

Have these people got no class whatsoever? :dummytit:

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 06:15 PM
If The Rangers Sevco Zombie Hunz FC refuse to sell tickets for this game thats one thing. Telling their supporters to stay away from the game is nothing short of a deliberate attempt to stop Dundee Utd from making money from the match.

In view of that I would presume that they will back up this childish stance by refusing to take a share of the gate money that Utd do take in.

Utd as far as I can see have done nothing wrong in their dealings with Rangers FC. I understand that The Rangers play at that clubs old stadium.

In view of this the SFA should charge the Zombie's with bringing the game into disrepute. 1 ) Because they have tried to damage another clubs finances 2 ) For continuing to act as if they are Rangers FC when in fact the club admitted to the SFL was The Rangers and therefore should have no reason to be acting against a fellow club who have had no dealings with them at all ....... In fact The Rangers are asking their supporters to boycott a club who they have never played in a competitive football match.

The SFA should eject the Rangers from the cup if they go ahead with this.

Have these people got no class whatsoever? :dummytit:you need tae ask that?

Keith_M
04-12-2012, 06:16 PM
The SFA really have to take action this time. This guy Greene is a prize Plum, as is everyone else at his pathetic 3rd division club.

They should either get thrown out of the Cup or receive no money whatsoever from this tie. If the ties has to go ahead, it should also be completely up to Utd how much they charge for tickets.

Sir David Gray
04-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Could they do this the next time we play them at Easter Road?

Please!? :pray:

Togs91
04-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Lets hope utd sell out due to spl clubs fans buying tockets we can all have a get together drink in dundee and laugh at rangers!

Moulin Yarns
04-12-2012, 06:20 PM
If it is on a non Hibs day I'm tempted to go just to back the SPL clubs stance last summer

I said the same to a mate at work this morning. If we find out that as a result of the boycott that Rangers are not due a share of the gate we should try and go to show them how big the SPL is.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Someone just made a point on Radio Clyde, what happens if it went to a replay? Would they refuse to sell tickets. As a few previous posters have said, throw them out of the competition for bringing the game into disrepute.
We don't need them and CG is an idiot

carnoustiehibee
04-12-2012, 06:23 PM
This could also cause alot of bother aswell. There will be rangers fans from Dundee who might still go to the game and with no segregation,will find it hard to keep quiet for the 90mins.

neilmartinrocks
04-12-2012, 06:23 PM
I said the same to a mate at work this morning. If we find out that as a result of the boycott that Rangers are not due a share of the gate we should try and go to show them how big the SPL is.

100 fans from each club (1000 extra) should make up for it.:wink:

bingo70
04-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Apologies if this has already been said but just seen it suggested it on Facebook that if the huns now don't get a say in prices but are entitled to half the gate money Utd should make entrance a pound but sell programmes at the turnstile for £15-£20 a pop.

What a horrible club rangers are, i'm dreading the day they get back into the top division, sincerely hope they boycott Easter Road as well

grunt
04-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug #SFA (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23SFA&src=hash) will discuss the issue of ticket allocation cash between #DUFC (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23DUFC&src=hash) and #Rangers (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23Rangers&src=hash) at a board meeting on Thursday. #BBCSport (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23BBCSport&src=hash)

iwasthere1972
04-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Meanwhile news is filtering through from Tynecastle that Hearts are advising their fans to boycott their 5th round tie in support of The Rangers.

Eh haud oan a minute. :greengrin

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Apologies if this has already been said but just seen it suggested it on Facebook that if the huns now don't get a say in prices but are entitled to half the gate money Utd should make entrance a pound but sell programmes at the turnstile for £15-£20 a pop.

What a horrible club rangers are, i'm dreading the day they get back into the top division, sincerely hope they boycott Easter Road as wellBe better if they boycotted Scotland period tae become the biggest team in Northern Ireland or something.

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug#SFA (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23SFA&src=hash) will discuss the issue of ticket allocation cash between #DUFC (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23DUFC&src=hash) and #Rangers (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23Rangers&src=hash) at a board meeting on Thursday. #BBCSport (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23BBCSport&src=hash)There should be nae issue, if they're no puting in, they shouldnae be getting out, they should just be getting kicked out.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2012, 06:36 PM
There should be nae issue, if they're no puting in, they shouldnae be getting out, they should just be getting kicked out.

Put Elgin City back in the cup

weonlywon6-2
04-12-2012, 06:37 PM

How bizarre would that be, fans of numerous different clubs turning up at Tannadice supporting United against Rangers !!

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Put Elgin City back in the cup

They won't do that, so Utd should get a bye

bingo70
04-12-2012, 06:40 PM
How bizarre would that be, fans of numerous different clubs turning up at Tannadice supporting United against Rangers !!

It's not something the club would run officially but it would be great if there fans started a campaign for this game along the lines of "United against bigotry" and try and encourage fans from all teams to go to the game.

bingo70
04-12-2012, 06:43 PM
There should be nae issue, if they're no puting in, they shouldnae be getting out, they should just be getting kicked out.

The SFA will be too scared to enforce that rule in case there's football armagedon if The Rangers aren't in the next round.

Sir David Gray
04-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Someone just made a point on Radio Clyde, what happens if it went to a replay? Would they refuse to sell tickets. As a few previous posters have said, throw them out of the competition for bringing the game into disrepute.
We don't need them and CG is an idiot

Do you mean refusing to sell tickets altogether or just to Dundee Utd fans?

I don't think they are allowed to say that no tickets will be sold at all as I'm sure the away side are entitled to 20% of the capacity (or something like that anyway). I'm not certain on this though and it would clearly be up to Sevco if they wanted to sell tickets to their own fans or not.

However, if they decided to let their own fans in then there's no chance that they would be allowed to ban Dundee Utd fans from attending. The SFA would not allow that to happen.

basehibby
04-12-2012, 06:47 PM
If you fancy pishing your pants this avo, read this: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=243156

Dagnabit - they've cocked a snook to our wheeze and closed it down the spoilsports :na na:

Damned shame as laughing at deluded bigots is one of my favourite passtimes :boo hoo:

ronaldo7
04-12-2012, 06:48 PM

I thought they were Deed.

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 06:53 PM
I thought they were Deed.The corpse was buried but they stole the funeral suit and are now wearing it.

PatHead
04-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Being the saddo that I am I had a look at the rules of the competition. Not surprisingly The Rangers are not obliged to take any tickets at all. It would appear as though they are still entitled to take their share of the gate money though. Unbelievably there is nothing in the rules as to playing in the spirit of the game.

Closest is

The Cup Competition (“the Competition”) shall be played annually, in accordance with
the Laws of the Game, and as directed by the Board, to promote, foster, and develop,
without discrimination against any organisation or person for reason of age, gender,
disability, ethnicity, religion or politics the game of Association Football, and to take all
such steps as may be deemed necessary or advisable for preventing infringements of
the rules of the game, or other improper methods or practices in the game, and for
protecting it from abuses.

I think the politics line could be interpretated as politics of the game though I am no lawyer.

bingo70
04-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Being the saddo that I am I had a look at the rules of the competition. Not surprisingly The Rangers are not obliged to take any tickets at all. It would appear as though they are still entitled to take their share of the gate money though. Unbelievably there is nothing in the rules as to playing in the spirit of the game.

Closest is

The Cup Competition (“the Competition”) shall be played annually, in accordance with
the Laws of the Game, and as directed by the Board, to promote, foster, and develop,
without discrimination against any organisation or person for reason of age, gender,
disability, ethnicity, religion or politics the game of Association Football, and to take all
such steps as may be deemed necessary or advisable for preventing infringements of
the rules of the game, or other improper methods or practices in the game, and for

I think the politics line could be interpretated as politics of the game though I am no lawyer.

Could it not just come under the general rule of bringing the game into disrepute?

LeighLoyal
04-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Green's zombie huns get no share of the gate then, 100k out the Sevco kitty at least. Plus Dundee Hibs fans can take their kids along safe in the knowledge that no zombie bigots will be there. :aok: Sounds good.

PatHead
04-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Green's zombie huns get no share of the gate then, 100k out the Sevco kitty at least. Plus Dundee Hibs fans can take their kids along safe in the knowledge that no zombie bigots will be there. :aok: Sounds good.

Rules don't say club has to take up an allocation of tickets only that they must apply within a set timescale if they want any. They haven't broken any rules there. As usual with that half brained Yorkshireman he should have shut up there and then. His Vlad type rant though stating why he doesn't want them (cos those horrible boys wouldn't play with us cause we strink of corruption and cheating) could be his downfall.

PatHead
04-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Could it not just come under the general rule of bringing the game into disrepute?

Thats what I was looking for but couldn't find it. Feel free to look

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2012-13/SFA_HANDBOOK_169-200_Cup_Competition_Rules.pdf

clerriehibs
04-12-2012, 07:08 PM

WTF happened to "No-one likes us, we don't care"?!?!? Lying gits. All these years, and I thought they didn't care :rolleyes:

hibbymac
04-12-2012, 07:09 PM

Closest is

All fine, as long as the huns don't want half the gate money, if they do, then Utd should look at some sort of "scheme" as already suggested .... buy a programme for £15, ... entry to the match £1 on production of a programme. ( don't know how that would pan out legally )

Part/Time Supporter
04-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Thats what I was looking for but couldn't find it. Feel free to look

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFAPublications2012-13/SFA_HANDBOOK_169-200_Cup_Competition_Rules.pdf

Rule 7 says that all participating clubs have to abide by SFA Articles of Association.

Rule 5.1(f) of the Articles of Association says all clubs have to act with utmost good faith towards other clubs.

LeighLoyal
04-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Rules don't say club has to take up an allocation of tickets only that they must apply within a set timescale if they want any. They haven't broken any rules there. As usual with that half brained Yorkshireman he should have shut up there and then. His Vlad type rant though stating why he doesn't want them (cos those horrible boys wouldn't play with us cause we strink of corruption and cheating) could be his downfall.

Thompson should just make it £10 and kids free, fill the ground and shame the Sevco filth. Not sure how Sevco can get a dime from the gate when they openly refused tickets, definitely a case of we'll see you in court. Parcel of zombie rouges.

Part/Time Supporter
04-12-2012, 07:18 PM
All fine, as long as the huns don't want half the gate money, if they do, then Utd should look at some sort of "scheme" as already suggested .... buy a programme for £15, ... entry to the match £1 on production of a programme. ( don't know how that would pan out legally )

It doesn't. Competition rules mandates minimum ticket price of £8, and that's only with the agreement of both clubs.

Dundee United can't really do anything unilaterally. It's up to the SFA board to invoke rule 47, which gives them the discretion to amend other rules.

clerriehibs
04-12-2012, 07:19 PM
It doesn't. Competition rules mandates minimum ticket price of £8, and that's only with the agreement of both clubs.

Dundee United can't really do anything unilaterally. It's up to the SFA board to invoke rule 47, which gives them the discretion to amend other rules.

Sevco just did :confused:

WindyMiller
04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
It should be "entry by invitation only".
DU could invite folk from their database, and ask for a contribution to http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=181, once inside the stadium.

Part/Time Supporter
04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Sevco just did :confused:

Not without potentially breaking competition rules (see post above).

hibbymac
04-12-2012, 07:24 PM

Ahhh :aok: then Utd should encourage all their fans to stay away, any income from advertising, TV, etc, would hopefully just cover their expenses. :wink:

MoscowHibs
04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
I've got a better idea. £1 a head, say 10k crowd, polis bill etc £100k, minus £10k, £90k deficit. Bill the huns for £45k and all clubs in Scotland dae a collection and bake cakes tae raise 45k for the Arabs half.
Sorted:thumbsup:

basehibby
04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
What a pathetic bunch of paranoid pish soaked jakeys the Newco Huns are - noone in their right minds could believe that they've been hard done by - they got let into the Scottish League despite having zero history and therefore ZERO previous accounts - directly in contravention of League rules. They also got virtually GIVEN Ibrox and Murray Park by the bent administrators Duff & Phelps, when it really should have all been bulldozed, turned into flats and sold off so as to settle old Rangers' debts.

Greene & co should lay off the skunk & the Buckfast and pay a visit to reality central - they have NOT been hard done by and they should be eternally GRATEFULL to the rest of the clubs for allowing them to jump the queue ahead of the likes of Spartans who as far as I am aware are a well run club who have gotten where they are without having to rely on charity handouts from the taxpayers.

HibbyAndy
04-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Meh.

Half the Huns have been boycotting Ibrox since the start of the season anyway so big ****ing wows.

ronaldo7
04-12-2012, 07:55 PM
United should just charge 3rd division prices.:wink:

ekhibee
04-12-2012, 07:57 PM
That is actually brilliant. Best thing Green's done since he bought them.

Can they do that every week?

:thumbsup:Yep, totally agree. They are even more deluded if they honestly think anybody gives a **** what they think (apart from the Kilmarnock chairman). And it's actually crass stupidity by Green, because the other clubs (including Celtic) could just as easily boycott games at Ibrox.

fat freddy
04-12-2012, 08:13 PM
wouldn't it be wonderful if supporters of all scottish clubs filled tannadice to the rafters for this match?...it could be a truly unique event if everyone showed up wearing the colours of their own individual club in a united show of strength against this zombie 3rd division joke of a club.

At The Edge
04-12-2012, 08:15 PM
wouldn't it be wonderful if supporters of all scottish clubs filled tannadice to the rafters for this match?...it could be a truly unique event if everyone showed up wearing the colours of their own individual club in a united show of strength against this zombie 3rd division joke of a club.

:agree:

StevieT
04-12-2012, 08:19 PM

Definitely something I would do if no Huns were there.

iwasthere1972
04-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Presumably The Rangers will be travelling up to Dundee the night before the match. All hotels within a 100 mile radius of Dundee should tell them to bolt as far as accommodation is concerned.

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 08:20 PM
wouldn't it be wonderful if supporters of all scottish clubs filled tannadice to the rafters for this match?...it could be a truly unique event if everyone showed up wearing the colours of their own individual club in a united show of strength against this zombie 3rd division joke of a club.I'd maybe consider it if a) it wisnae on the same day as Hibs and b) if the stinkin' huns dinnae get any of the dosh.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2012, 08:21 PM

Great idea, as long as its not the same day as Hibs v Aberdeen/Motherwell

iwasthere1972
04-12-2012, 08:22 PM

Only fans of clubs that are still in the Scottish Cup and didn't get humped at the weekend. Wouldnae fancy sitting next to a Yam. :yw:

jonty
04-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Does hospitality count towards shared revenue?
what about competition winnings?
"Ah, Mr Arab on-the-Database. would you like to participate in our club draw? £15 entry, guaranteed to win at least a ticket for the cup game? You would? Excellent!" pause "Congratulations. Computer says yes"

S.sct
04-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Get a collection going at every SPL club (apart from Killie). And give the proceeds to united as long as they post a massive banner in the away end saying "no one likes them, no one cares":-)

Diclonius
04-12-2012, 08:45 PM

Problem being the majority would just be Celtic fans.

St.Kristopher
04-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Sour grapes?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20595802

They should never be back in the SPL after this.

Saorsa
04-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Sour grapes?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20595802

They should never be back in the SPL after this.and man lands on the moon :wink:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?251846-Huns-to-boycott-united-in-cup

MrRobot
04-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Fans of other teams should just go instead. Full the 'away' stand and make the plan backfire.

Mikey
04-12-2012, 09:14 PM

Funnily enough that was going through my head too. Taking a busload of Hibees up to the game would send a strong statement.

Fans of other clubs, wearing their own colours in the Dundee Utd end, would be quite something!

St.Kristopher
04-12-2012, 09:18 PM
and man lands on the moon :wink:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?251846-Huns-to-boycott-united-in-cup

Which moon?

iwasthere1972
04-12-2012, 09:19 PM
....................Meanwhile Colin Stein signs for Rangers in £100,000 deal.

LeighLoyal
04-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Funnily enough that was going through my head too. Taking a busload of Hibees up to the game would send a strong statement.

Fans of other clubs, wearing their own colours in the Dundee Utd end, would be quite something!

Why not go in the alleged Sevco end? Law abiding clubs could make it a protest on their bigotry and shameless, endless corruption. Give Sally and his newco a roasting they'll never forget.

PatHead
04-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Does hospitality count towards shared revenue? No, each seat counts at normal price with the home club keeping the balance
what about competition winnings? They go to the clubs that reach further rounds
"Ah, Mr Arab on-the-Database. would you like to participate in our club draw? £15 entry, guaranteed to win at least a ticket for the cup game? You would? Excellent!" pause "Congratulations. Computer says yes" Unfortunately breaks the rules. The clubs can agree on a lower price but if this isn't agreed the normal ticket price of the home club must be charged.

In addition the home club can hold back up to 1000 tickets (subject to a maximum of 10% of the total gate) for season ticket holders/freebies and must give the visiting club 10 seats in the Directors box. Would love to be at that game in the Directors lounge before the game.

That is my interpretation of the rules but I stand to be corrected.

Del Boy
04-12-2012, 09:55 PM
If this is on different day to Hibs game then I am up for going. Hope united absolutely murder them.

Frazerbob
04-12-2012, 10:33 PM
If we go to the game, can we still boo Skacel?

Malthibby
04-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Hope Der Hun are told they lose their share of the proceeds, sad pathetic morons
who still cannot accept they were treated as per the rules.
Beyond Contempt.

sadtom
05-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Some good shouts on here.
If our game is a different day i'm definitly going to go.
Might even knock up a banner along the lines of Hibs support Utd - Say no to Sevco.
If we are playing on the same day i'll be sending a donation (maybe even just a tenner, might even be a better idea as the hun**** wont get any of it) its not a lot but its making a point and a stand against those shameless bullies. I would urge anyone who can afford even a nominal amount, from all scottish clubs, to do the same.

Cant be having these ****my pr1cks trying to intimidate and bully the rest of us. It has to be nipped in the bud immediately.

How good would it be if the solidarity shown by all the other clubs saw many turn up with banners in support of united (though i think it would be wise to ask the Utd fans if they were happy with folk turning up in other club colours, as its maybe a bit presumptious and disrespectful otherwise) or even if Utd made more in donations than they lost. The zombie freaks might have a rethink if they saw that their 'boycotts' backfired and the clubs they tried to attack actually benefitted.

Think it might be worth trying to coordinate something across all the scottish clubs nearer the time to stand up to these *****s.

AgentDaleCooper
05-12-2012, 12:16 AM
how good would it be if they boycott us forever?! :aok:

London Hibs FC
05-12-2012, 12:51 AM

This could be a truly remarkable day in Scottish Football History, fans of all other eleven SPL clubs call a truce for a day and pack the away end making a unified stand against corruption in our game ……. there’s absolutely no reason why this couldn’t happen as I definitely feel the will and desire would be there.

I believe the respective supporters clubs could effectively self-police such a protest if required but I’d really, perhaps naively, love to believe that there would be little risk of trouble within the away end at Tannadice

I’ve got enough mates who follow Kilmarnock, Perth Saints, Aberdeen, Celtic etc. with whom I never get the chance to stand side by side with at Scottish League or Cup match….. the opportunity to go up to Dundee Utd with them to rain an absolute torrent of abuse at the away side, as well as the footballing authorities and media who have been so ineffective at dealing with this shameful debacle, is one that’s just far too good to miss!!!

The biggest risk of violence may, however, come from a counter protest from these knuckleheids fi Govan ……. would love to see how the SFL deal with having a cancel a match due to a security threat stemming from the 'tribute act’s' refusal to sell allocated tickets!!!

Game into disrepute alright......... hope the never darken the doors of Easter Road again, disgustingly repulsive entity!!

Now who wants to get organizing this? (I'm busy going on my holidays to Riviera Maya next week :greengrin )

Lucius Apuleius
05-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Couple of points. There will be hun supporters there. As said before, due to my geographical location I know lots. Most of them (the ones who go to games anyway) will not boycott. They will be in the away end. Carnage. Secondly, unless something is done by the SFA (and just think of the chance of that happening) then you are also adding money to the hun coffers.

I'm_cabbaged
05-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Couple of points. There will be hun supporters there. As said before, due to my geographical location I know lots. Most of them (the ones who go to games anyway) will not boycott. They will be in the away end. Carnage. Secondly, unless something is done by the SFA (and just think of the chance of that happening) then you are also adding money to the hun coffers.

All the Arabs will do is sell the tickets to the hun themselves.

Moulin Yarns
05-12-2012, 05:54 AM

This could be a truly remarkable day in Scottish Football History, fans of all other eleven SPL clubs call a truce for a day and pack the away end making a unified stand against corruption in our game ……. there’s absolutely no reason why this couldn’t happen as I definitely feel the will and desire would be there.

I believe the respective supporters clubs could effectively self-police such a protest if required but I’d really, perhaps naively, love to believe that there would be little risk of trouble within the away end at Tannadice

I’ve got enough mates who follow Kilmarnock, Perth Saints, Aberdeen, Celtic etc. with whom I never get the chance to stand side by side with at Scottish League or Cup match….. the opportunity to go up to Dundee Utd with them to rain an absolute torrent of abuse at the away side, as well as the footballing authorities and media who have been so ineffective at dealing with this shameful debacle, is one that’s just far too good to miss!!!

The biggest risk of violence may, however, come from a counter protest from these knuckleheids fi Govan ……. would love to see how the SFL deal with having a cancel a match due to a security threat stemming from the 'tribute act’s' refusal to sell allocated tickets!!!

Game into disrepute alright......... hope the never darken the doors of Easter Road again, disgustingly repulsive entity!!

Now who wants to get organizing this? (I'm busy going on my holidays to Riviera Maya next week :greengrin )

I've sent a link to this thread, especially this post, to a mate who is an Arab, to pass onto the Arab Trust to see if they are happy with the idea. I'll keep Hibs.net posted if I hear anything.

Brooster
05-12-2012, 06:45 AM
Half the folk on here cant even be bothered going to Hibs games and now here we are talking about going to a Dundee Utd game. Lets get a grip and concentrate on getting our own seats filled.

Phil D. Rolls
05-12-2012, 07:05 AM
There are times I despair about this country. Still a nation of little men, begging a feeling of importance. Please can we not just empty these petty morons forever.

One thing is for sure, Green is playing right into Rangers' marketability as a product of bigotry.

Golden Bear
05-12-2012, 08:04 AM
There are times I despair about this country. Still a nation of little men, begging a feeling of importance. Please can we not just empty these petty morons forever.

One thing is for sure, Green is playing right into Rangers' marketability as a product of bigotry.

He's a very dangerous character and I'm not sure if he really knows the hornets nest he could stir up with his inflammatory comments and attitude.

It goes beyond football and maybe it's time time the Police Authorities had a word.

Moulin Yarns
05-12-2012, 08:14 AM
I've sent a link to this thread, especially this post, to a mate who is an Arab, to pass onto the Arab Trust to see if they are happy with the idea. I'll keep Hibs.net posted if I hear anything.

My mate's response

Biggest problem is ½ gate money going to Huns.
A lot of supporters will be going to their own clubs cup ties that weekend .Hearts being the exception of course. Speed of Greens decision = not sure if it concurs with silent majority of their fans. Maybe he’s played his card too quick so DUFC/ SFA other clubs supporters have time react . Possible disrepute charge , alter gate share rule so Utd. get last year’s cup money still due ? Do a closed door job and give all fans on United database a complimentary . Fans forum is filling up with suggestions. I’ve confidence it Stephen Thomson that he can out trump them here.

carnoustiehibee
05-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Letting other fans in to the away end is a great idea but only on a different day to the other ties.

Also what happens if one group of fans start singing there own clubs songs? I.e Celtic fans start doing the huddle

JeMeSouviens
05-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Never thought I'd say this but Richard Gough actually spoke very well on the subject (for a Hun) last night on Sportsound. Said he was disappointed in the club's stance and that they should just move on.

Onion
05-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Why not go in the alleged Sevco end? Law abiding clubs could make it a protest on their bigotry and shameless, endless corruption. Give Sally and his newco a roasting they'll never forget.

Yip, exactly what I was thinking. Dundee fans won't do it, but would be epic if most other SPL clubs fans went along. Must be plenty Celtic fans in Dundee :)

Moulin Yarns
05-12-2012, 08:56 AM
The Arab Trust response

http://www.arabtrust.co.uk/current/?670-a-joint-statement-from-arabtrust-the-federation

Well done to them.

Rossco1875
05-12-2012, 08:58 AM
if our games on another day I would go :greengrin

JimBHibees
05-12-2012, 09:03 AM
The Arab Trust response

http://www.arabtrust.co.uk/current/?670-a-joint-statement-from-arabtrust-the-federation

Well done to them.

Very good response. Incredible situation to be honest however can see DUFC handling Rangers fans tickets and then see how many of the fans agree with the balloon Green's comments. Cant imagine McCoist would be particularly happy about it if they were playing at an already tough away game with no fans.

JimBHibees
05-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Never thought I'd say this but Richard Gough actually spoke very well on the subject (for a Hun) last night on Sportsound. Said he was disappointed in the club's stance and that they should just move on.

While agreeing with the general theme of his comments he also indicated that he thought Hibs were the main instigators in the vote which seems an incredible comment to make given the actual numbers in the vote that took place.

NAE NOOKIE
05-12-2012, 09:11 AM
A wee bit off topic, but isnt it funny how without the now defunct Rangers FC the SPL has been as exciting as it has been for many many years. Even after 16 matches Celtic are only 4 points off of 5th place and the 8 teams below first place are within 9 points of each other, with clubs 7 and 8 having a game in hand.

Add to that the fact that you just cant predict results from week to week, EG ... ICT get humped by 5 at home and then win at Darkhied and Pittodrie. Hibs get on a great run but then come a cropper at Dens. It all makes for a better product.

I for one havnt missed games against Rangers in the slightest and the prospect of not having one doesnt bother me at all.

In fact, as predicted, the only club who appear to have had a major drop in their own supporters attending matches has been Celtic. Proof, if proof were ever needed that the ugly sisters need each other more than the rest of Scottish football needs them.

We can hammer home that point by chucking the Zombies out of the cup for bringing the game into disrepute.

Sylar
05-12-2012, 09:49 AM
A wee bit off topic, but isnt it funny how without the now defunct Rangers FC the SPL has been as exciting as it has been for many many years. Even after 16 matches Celtic are only 4 points off of 5th place and the 8 teams below first place are within 9 points of each other, with clubs 7 and 8 having a game in hand.

Add to that the fact that you just cant predict results from week to week, EG ... ICT get humped by 5 at home and then win at Darkhied and Pittodrie. Hibs get on a great run but then come a cropper at Dens. It all makes for a better product.

I for one havnt missed games against Rangers in the slightest and the prospect of not having one doesnt bother me at all.

In fact, as predicted, the only club who appear to have had a major drop in their own supporters attending matches has been Celtic. Proof, if proof were ever needed that the ugly sisters need each other more than the rest of Scottish football needs them.

We can hammer home that point by chucking the Zombies out of the cup for bringing the game into disrepute.

I agree with a lot of your post B but there are many posts in this thread stating this "brings the game into disrepute" and I don't believe it does under the rules?

They are entitled to refuse their allocation and have done so.

Abhorrent as we might view their stance, we all cried bloody murder to make sure the clubs listened to we, the fans, when it was time for votes etc to keep/throw Rangers from the league. When they listened, we hailed it as a breath of fresh air.

All Charles Green is doing here is listening to and acting in support of the fans of the club. It's narrow minded and will hopefully have some form of consequence (i.e. none of the gate share or with-holding to cover gates from Ibrox last year) but their fans were very vocal on the matter and he's merely added the official stamp.

NOLA
05-12-2012, 10:00 AM
By doing this der hun must surely forfeit their share of the gate receipts?

Pete
05-12-2012, 10:02 AM
I agree with a lot of your post B but there are many posts in this thread stating this "brings the game into disrepute" and I don't believe it does under the rules?

Abhorrent as we might view their stance, we all cried bloody murder to make sure the clubs listened to we, the fans, when it was time for votes etc to keep/throw Rangers from the league. When they listened, we hailed it as a breath of fresh air.

All Charles Green is doing here is listening to and acting in support of the fans of the club. It's narrow minded and will hopefully have some form of consequence (i.e. none of the gate share or with-holding to cover gates from Ibrox last year) but their fans were very vocal on the matter and he's merely added the official stamp.

Nobody "kept" or "threw" rangers out of any league.

that's why everyone thinks that what their fans and chairman are doing is disgusting.

It's infuriating that some people fall into the trap of thinking like this. Far from being a minor detail it is actually the whole point.

Part/Time Supporter
05-12-2012, 10:07 AM

It does. SFA articles of association require all members to act with utmost good faith towards other members. Refusing a ticket allocation for a match and calling on your fans not to buy tickets independently is clearly a breach of that requirement, particularly when that refusal is based on a particular spat with a member. Green's statement singles out Dundee United, while it specifically mentions that they are okay with Motherwell. Curiously it omits Inverness, who they also played in the League Cup.

Fans of any club are entitled to take any action they see fit in terms of attending or not attending games. The difference in this case is that it is Rangers FC who are calling on their fans not to attend a match because they have a beef with another member.

jonty
05-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Unfortunately breaks the rules. The clubs can agree on a lower price but if this isn't agreed the normal ticket price of the home club must be charged.

In addition the home club can hold back up to 1000 tickets (subject to a maximum of 10% of the total gate) for season ticket holders/freebies and must give the visiting club 10 seats in the Directors box. Would love to be at that game in the Directors lounge before the game.

That is my interpretation of the rules but I stand to be corrected.

Sorry - for competition winnings, I meant the funds recevied as part of running a 'lucky draw/raffle' - in this case £15 per fan for 'entry' for the raffle - guaranteed at least to win a ticket. top prize, two tickets. :greengrin

surely if Rangers have refused the take their allocation then Utd could redistribute these (one stand instead of two) as part of the 'competition'.
net result - utd get raffle income, sevco get little gate receipt income.

Even in 'normal' sevco supporters (the few with braincells) do turn up, it'll be a lot better atmosphere than the normal biggoted *****.

PatHead
05-12-2012, 10:27 AM

Not taking up a ticket allocation is not bringing the game into disrepute as The Rangers are entitled to take this course of action. Stating in an official statement that other clubs "tried to harm Rangers" is though.

Rangers were never in a position to be "kept or thrown out" the league as they were never there in the first place and I can't believe you are peddling that line. The SPL clubs tried to sneak them in the First Division. How was that "harming" them?

They should not withhold the gate money to get their dues from last season. These should be demanded anyway by the SFA from The Rangers as part of the agreement to allow them into the Scottish Football League.

Usually like your posts but this one is far off the mark.

Darth Hibbie
05-12-2012, 10:29 AM
It does. SFA articles of association require all members to act with utmost good faith towards other members. Refusing a ticket allocation for a match and calling on your fans not to buy tickets independently is clearly a breach of that requirement, particularly when that refusal is based on a particular spat with a member. Green's statement singles out Dundee United, while it specifically mentions that they are okay with Motherwell. Curiously it omits Inverness, who they also played in the League Cup.

Fans of any club are entitled to take any action they see fit in terms of attending or not attending games. The difference in this case is that it is Rangers FC who are calling on their fans not to attend a match because they have a beef with another member.

I agree, there is a massive difference between a fans group calling for a boycott and the club itself actively refusing the tickets. The SFA must take some form of action (if it was up to me I would throw them out of the cup:greengrin). There should be no way that they are allowed any money from the match.

At a time when Scottish football should be looking forward Rangers are looking at history (nothing new there then:rolleyes:)

neilmartinrocks
05-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Dont forget the picket line the huns threatened their own fans with.

Part/Time Supporter
05-12-2012, 10:47 AM
I agree, there is a massive difference between a fans group calling for a boycott and the club itself actively refusing the tickets. The SFA must take some form of action (if it was up to me I would throw them out of the cup:greengrin). There should be no way that they are allowed any money from the match.

At a time when Scottish football should be looking forward Rangers are looking at history (nothing new there then:rolleyes:)

To give a hypothetical example, there have been a number of comments on here (and by the St. Mirren manager) complaining about Hearts winning the cup last year after signing a player (Beattie) while they were struggling to meet their existing wage bill.

Let's say Hibs were to now issue a statement agreeing with those comments, going on to say that the club will refuse any ticket allocation for the new year derby and calling on Hibs fans not to attend Tynecastle. What does everyone suppose the reaction of the SPL and SFA would be?

Not In The Know
05-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Simple really.

Ask The Rangers if they are still wanting to accept a share of the gate money. They can't possible say yes as they are supposed to be making a point.

Then DUFC should make it £5 to get in. Have a full house all home fans, and hopefully give their team the best possible chance of putting The Rangers out.

If they cant sell that out then they don't deserve to get through

hibsdownunder
05-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Green it seems is seeking publicity and confrontation - this, the engagement of traynor and his various revisionist sound bites with religious undertones - he is attempting to polarise the Rangers support around the club. Why? For his own financial gain. His end game is to exit the club with a large profit. However the game doesn't end there and his current strategy will have many negative consequences for football and society in scotland. He needs to be made accountable. I would look to make him rather than Rangers the issue. Hopefully the authorities in a broader sense will begin to check him before this escalates.

Sporting integrity the man appears to have no integrity, dragging the country back by feeding old prejudices - no need!

LeighLoyal
05-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Green it seems is seeking publicity and confrontation - this, the engagement of traynor and his various revisionist sound bites with religious undertones - he is attempting to polarise the Rangers support around the club. Why? For his own financial gain. His end game is to exit the club with a large profit. However the game doesn't end there and his current strategy will have many negative consequences for football and society in scotland. He needs to be made accountable. I would look to make him rather than Rangers the issue. Hopefully the authorities in a broader sense will begin to check him before this escalates.

Sporting integrity the man appears to have no integrity, dragging the country back by feeding old prejudices - no need!

A disrepute charge should surely be levelled at the prize fudd who is, as you say, just pandering to the horde daily to sell them shares, if it ever happens, no Sevco prosepctus as yet. But odd they don't choose to boycot Clyde in their own league when they were the only outfit that said no to Sevco in the SFL. I just hope they die for good, horrible stain on Scotland that they are.

JeMeSouviens
05-12-2012, 11:33 AM
While agreeing with the general theme of his comments he also indicated that he thought Hibs were the main instigators in the vote which seems an incredible comment to make given the actual numbers in the vote that took place.

Hope we were though. :wink:

Argylehibby
05-12-2012, 12:00 PM

Green has always said that he wont be at The Rangers when they get back to the SPL. That is when he will walk away with £ in his pocket and be a hero in the eyes of their support. In getting to that point he will as you have said drag this country backwards and almost certainly see violence back at football that had by and large disappeared.

United should make it plain that they are accepting The Rangers stance and will not be selling tickets to The Rangers support and anyone turning up at the game to support them will not be allowed in or if they get in will be ejected as soon as they are identified "on safety grounds". Hopefully the game will be on TV and therefore on a different day to most other games allowing fans of other teams can go. If they have to sell tickets at SPL prices and The Rangers still have to get 1/2 the proceeds, then fans from other teams wont go and although some "donation" from them would be great it's unlikely to get off the ground unfortunately.

Were Manchester Utd. not thrown out of the FA Cup some years ago when they wanted a bye to play in the world club champions games and were not granted it?

resident_Arab
05-12-2012, 12:03 PM
1. United charged them full whack for a rearranged game a few years back, which had to be played because the first game had been called off at half-time.

Everyone got in for half price.

jonty
05-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Everyone got in for half price.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/8404360.stm

Dundee United are charging half-price after the abandonment of the clubs' league meeting on 1 November.

Thompson also refutes Bain's version of events, with the Rangers man saying: "The game was called off at half-time and I was standing beside the chief executive of the Scottish Premier League (Neil Doncaster) and the chairman of Dundee United (Thompson) and I said to them at that time, 'I hope that you will see sense and make sure that our supporters retain their ticket stubs and get back in for nothing'."

Thompson told BBC Scotland: "I'd like to be clear that I phoned Martin on a Monday, after it had been going back and forth between the clubs for eight days and it wasn't clear what they wanted.
"I asked Martin if he had any opinion and he said 'it is entirely up to you, it's your home game'..

"Based on that, I told him there would be no refund. It will be £12 and £6 and he didn't make any comment at that particular time. Suddenly, weeks later, it's become a big issue.

s.a.m
05-12-2012, 12:12 PM
CLUB STATEMENT

05 December 2012
It is with huge disappointment that we read both the content and tone of the statement from Rangers, stating that they will not be taking any tickets for our Scottish Cup tie in February and urging their supporters not to attend.

However, we do not intend to enter into a war of words with Rangers or to dignify their position by responding in kind.

We have noted their decision not to take any tickets for this cup tie and will now act accordingly in arranging the match. The statement from the Rangers makes it clear that their fans should not attend. We have therefore raised a number of related matters with the Scottish FA and will be making no further public statement until their advice has been received.

CropleyWasGod
05-12-2012, 12:14 PM
CLUB STATEMENT

05 December 2012
It is with huge disappointment that we read both the content and tone of the statement from Rangers, stating that they will not be taking any tickets for our Scottish Cup tie in February and urging their supporters not to attend.

However, we do not intend to enter into a war of words with Rangers or to dignify their position by responding in kind.

We have noted their decision not to take any tickets for this cup tie and will now act accordingly in arranging the match. The statement from the Rangers makes it clear that their fans should not attend. We have therefore raised a number of related matters with the Scottish FA and will be making no further public statement until their advice has been received.

Dignified and GIRUY in the same statement. Like it. :agree:

resident_Arab
05-12-2012, 12:18 PM

A unique event indeed.

Sounds like a great idea to me, seeing sprinklings of green of Hibs, red of Aberdeen, blue of St Johnstone etc throughout Tannadice for a one off United support against this horrible lot.

jonty
05-12-2012, 12:19 PM
I hope Utd get the backing from the SFA that they deserve.

How many charges of bringing a game into disrepute can be handed out to one man?
The Rangers are just a ****ty little D3 no mark club. They really should pick their fights more carefully.

Saorsa
05-12-2012, 12:24 PM
A unique event indeed.

Sounds like a great idea to me, seeing sprinklings of green of Hibs, red of Aberdeen, blue of St Johnstone etc throughout Tannadice for a one off United support against this horrible lot.I'd consider it but only if they were getting nowt, it would stick in my craw too much giving money tae that ****. Surely without getting in tae a war of words your club are going tae try and see that some action is taken against them, particularly over the money issue. If the *** hordes winnae be puting money in why the **** should their vile club get any out? Good luck with the game though, hope you hammer them.

plhibs
05-12-2012, 12:26 PM
If Newco are so outraged with D.U.why dont they do the honourable thing and refuse to play the game :greengrin Oh forgot that word isnt known to that mob.

P.S. They could refuse to play any SPL team and we would all be happy.:flag:

NOLA
05-12-2012, 01:23 PM
"Follow follow, we will follow Rangers, Everywhere, anywhere, except to the grounds of SPL teams that voted against us" isn't as catchy.
taken of twitter :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2012, 01:25 PM
"Follow follow, we will follow Rangers, Everywhere, anywhere, except to the grounds of SPL teams that voted against us" isn't as catchy.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

plhibs
05-12-2012, 01:32 PM

But we cant live without them, so they would like us to believe. :faf:

jdships
05-12-2012, 02:13 PM

:thumbsup::agree::top marks

Can someone please clarify ?
Will Rangers still be entitled to 50% of the gate receipts from this match ?
Are their grounds for a disrepute charge to be levelled at Green ?

:confused:

Suburban Hibby
05-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Grabbed this from another forum

'no away team gets half the gate money anyway
The home team are allowed to take the first 20% & then take off all expenses incurred in hosting the match. The remaining figure is then divided after a guarantee payment to the away club (£400).
More accurately this equates to between 29% & 35% of the total gate money goes to the away team '

BigKev
05-12-2012, 02:32 PM
CLUB STATEMENT

05 December 2012

"The Rangers" reference is quality!

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2012, 02:37 PM
"The Rangers" reference is quality!

Pity they did not use it 3 times as opposed to once.....Rangers used twice and the Rangers used once in that statement......Should really have rammed it home and ramped it up.....

Onion
05-12-2012, 02:39 PM
I hope Utd get the backing from the SFA that they deserve.

How many charges of bringing a game into disrepute can be handed out to one man?
The Rangers are just a ****ty little D3 no mark club. They really should pick their fights more carefully.

It must REALLY piss them off that all the SPL clubs are enjoying the season, competition in the SPL is better than ever and no one appears to be going bust (others than the Yams, but that had nowt to do with the Big Huns). The Huns and their sympathisers (including the SFA/SPL) told everyone that the sun shone out of their ***** and that they WERE Scottish Football. This season is proving to be a MASSIVE wake up call ....

Listen up hun boys, we DON'T NEED YOU. We currently TOLLERATE YOU. But if you carry on misbehaving, we'll PUT YOU IN THE NAUGHTY CORNER (AGAIN).

Ritchie
05-12-2012, 02:42 PM
as soon as i heard about this i though the fans of all SPL teams should unite and fill Tannadice...... then i remembered Rudi Skacel plays for United and i'd rather sandblast my own face off than needless pay money towards his wages in a game Hibs are not playing in..... on that basis, i'm out.

jonty
05-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Pity they did not use it 3 times as opposed to once.....Rangers used twice and the Rangers used once in that statement......Should really have rammed it home and ramped it up.....

The boy on the SPL Fanzone managed it
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/spl-fanzone-the-supporters-have-their-say-1-2675028

Dundee United

The defeat to Motherwell last midweek was a sore one and going behind so often, particularly early on in games, is killing the atmosphere at Tannadice. But we bounced back and Saturday’s thrashing of Stranraer in the Scottish Cup has set up an historic first tie between Dundee United and The Rangers.
It’s a mouthwatering tie, especially after all has gone one in the last 12 months, and the fact it is The Rangers’ first visit to a ground of one of the SPL teams who spoke out against the club last year has certainly added an edge to it. With talk already of a boycott by fans of The Rangers, United may well be within their right to keep all the gate receipts to themselves, particularly as United are still owed a debt by “oldco” Rangers from last year’s tournament.
Jamie Kidd
www.dundeeunited-mad.co.uk

The hibs one isnt too shabby either :greengrin

Bay Area Hibees
05-12-2012, 03:49 PM
What a fud Green is and what a bunch of santamonious ****'s.

As others have said praying that United give then a right good doing, their fans will be 100% up for this.

If TRFC do make it back to the SPL then both the NEw First games will be really tasy, Aberdeen matches already mental post Durrant injury years ago.

GIRU Them The Arabs

silverhibee
05-12-2012, 03:55 PM
:thumbsup::agree::top marks

Can someone please clarify ?
Will Rangers still be entitled to 50% of the gate receipts from this match ?
Are their grounds for a disrepute charge to be levelled at Green ?

1. I am sure Utd will be finding that out from the SFA.
2. There must be surely.

And if The Rangers manager gets involved in this then Utd should ban him from the ground for that day too.

keep the faith
05-12-2012, 04:07 PM
And i bet Green organises a beam back at castle grayskull. Will the gate money be split for that one? I dont think so. Greens mob mentality he is trying to create is dangerous and wreckless.

suavegav
05-12-2012, 04:43 PM
as soon as i heard about this i though the fans of all SPL teams should unite and fill Tannadice...... then i remembered Rudi Skacel plays for United and i'd rather sandblast my own face off than needless pay money towards his wages in a game Hibs are not playing in..... on that basis, i'm out.

Rudolph has only signed until January. Then once Santa has finished with him, he's a hotdog.

Tynie01011973
05-12-2012, 05:04 PM
And i bet Green organises a beam back at castle grayskull. Will the gate money be split for that one? I dont think so. Greens mob mentality he is trying to create is dangerous and wreckless.

Don't think he would be able to do that as AFAIK you would need consent from the Host Club - Dundee Utd - who I doubt would be willing to allow that if they do not take up their ticket allocation for the game itself.

:greengrin

Mikey
05-12-2012, 05:12 PM
A unique event indeed.

Sounds like a great idea to me, seeing sprinklings of green of Hibs, red of Aberdeen, blue of St Johnstone etc throughout Tannadice for a one off United support against this horrible lot.

If Rangers won't get a bean and it doesn't clash with our own game then we'll at least test the water with this one. We'll keep an eye on developments.

Phil D. Rolls
05-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Love the idea of a mixed support. In the Rugby League challenge cup final fans of all teams go wearing their own colours. It's about the sport.

Mr White
05-12-2012, 05:46 PM
If Rangers won't get a bean and it doesn't clash with our own game then we'll at least test the water with this one. We'll keep an eye on developments.

If it didn't clash with our tie i'd think about going up.

Billy Whizz
05-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Seemingly Rangers fans will travel to Dundee now, but not go to the match.
This is a recipe for big trouble

sadtom
05-12-2012, 06:25 PM

Perhaps Utility, CCS, ASC etc etc, could also have a 'truce' that day. Go on a big old zombieHun turkey shoot!! With taking liberties not only aceptable but desirable. Any shameless, arrogant f***in' Hun (not just their mob, but ALL of them) bully that shows up in Dundee that day being considered fair game. They are going there to intimidate and bully not just Utd but every other club in Scotland who stood up to them and their f***ing decades of cheating. They should be confronted on every level.
They want to get aggressive and violent? Then maybe if its meeted out to them they might think twice about inciting violence in future.

Sevco's lack of contrition is breathtaking.
As for CG, what a rodent! Why arent the cops arresting him for incitement? He knows exactly what he's doing, pandering to the lowest form of bigoted, banjo plucking, **** kicker for his own greedy ends, while at the same time trying to drag this country back into the dark ages. Utter vermin.

CropleyWasGod
05-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Perhaps Utility, CCS, ASC etc etc, could also have a 'truce' that day. Go on a big old zombieHun turkey shoot!! With taking liberties not only aceptable but desirable. Any shameless, arrogant f***in' Hun (not just their mob, but ALL of them) bully that shows up in Dundee that day being considered fair game. They are going there to intimidate and bully not just Utd but every other club in Scotland who stood up to them and their f***ing decades of cheating. They should be confronted on every level.
They want to get aggressive and violent? Then maybe if its meeted out to them they might think twice about inciting violence in future.

As for CG, what a rodent! Why arent the cops arresting him for incitement? He knows exactly what he's doing, pandering to the lowest form of bigoted, banjo plucking, **** kicker for his own greedy ends, while at the same time trying to drag this country back into the dark ages. Utter vermin.

See the irony?

Northernhibee
05-12-2012, 06:34 PM
As a fan of SPL football I'm not going to any Sevco games this season. I guess that makes us even.

sadtom
05-12-2012, 06:57 PM
See the irony?

I sure do. But sometimes fire has to be fought with fire. It sounds like they are heading up to intimidate people going to the game, this would also include any fans of other clubs who were there to support Utd.
I dont advocate violence and would absolutely hope that nobody gets injured or hurt in any way. However its all very well trying to turn the other cheek, but bullies dont respond to that. The only time i've ever seen bullies stopping their torment of individuals or groups is when they are put on their erchies.
Though i reiterate i hope it doesnt come to that.

jabis
05-12-2012, 07:06 PM

just no.

NOLA
05-12-2012, 07:47 PM

yay, lets turn dundee into a battlezone, noone will notice the difference anyway :wink: although i thinks the poleece will be allover it like a merrick in a nursery.

ronaldo7
05-12-2012, 07:53 PM

I'm quite sure Tayside's finest will be well aware of the situation and will have several road blocks up to turn back any invading huns into their jurisdiction. If the spangles want to hire a bus for it to be turned round before it gets near Dundee, then go for it ya bunch of tossers.

Jim44
05-12-2012, 08:04 PM
I would give these morons a rope to hang themselves with. Let them make a complete @rse of themselves at every opportunity and they will disqualify themselves from progressing into higher leagues.

Northernhibee
05-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Anger has grown amongst Rangers supporters groups as a breakaway set of fans have decided to attend the game after all.

"They will not be allowed to stand for this"...said the Tannadice stewards.

shetlandhibee
05-12-2012, 08:26 PM
sorry if already posted.

Maybe they just cant afford the tickets:greengrin

hibby rae
06-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Obviously it's a good thing when charities receive money. However, the cynic in me says that the Rangers decision to donate the Scottish cup cash to charity has been done purely to spite Dundee Utd. For one thing if they genuinely cared about the cause then they wouldn't boycott the match and threaten the amount of cash that can be raised.

Saorsa
06-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Obviously it's a good thing when charities receive money. However, the cynic in me says that the Rangers decision to donate the Scottish cup cash to charity has been done purely to spite Dundee Utd. For one thing if they genuinely cared about the cause then they wouldn't boycott the match and threaten the amount of cash that can be raised.They shouldnae be getting any of the money tae donate tae anything.

marinello59
06-12-2012, 04:08 PM
They shouldnae be getting any of the money tae donate tae anything.

Exactly. That money should be going to Dundee United if the Huns are actively trying to reduce the size of the kitty.

Keith_M
06-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Cynical PR stunt in light of the bad press they've received.

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Obviously it's a good thing when charities receive money. However, the cynic in me says that the Rangers decision to donate the Scottish cup cash to charity has been done purely to spite Dundee Utd. For one thing if they genuinely cared about the cause then they wouldn't boycott the match and threaten the amount of cash that can be raised.

If there was one club that could only ever donate money to charity for all the wrong reasons, it would be "The Rangers".

No doubt the media will lap it up though and make them out to be little angels who were hard done by.

LeighLoyal
06-12-2012, 04:18 PM
They should not get a dime, another abuse of rules by Sevco. United should donate the money directly to a charity of their choice, not Sevco's.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2012, 04:21 PM
If there was one club that could only ever donate money to charity for all the wrong reasons, it would be "The Rangers".

No doubt the media will lap it up though and make them out to be little angels who were hard done by.

Exactly, the press will see it a grand gesture from the currants

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Exactly. That money should be going to Dundee United if the Huns are actively trying to reduce the size of the kitty.

Agree the huns should get no money from the tie, I also believe they should have offered Utd monies that were still outstanding.....Absolute horribly vile institution.........

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Agree the huns should get no money from the tie, I also believe they should have offered Utd monies that were still outstanding.....Absolute horribly vile institution.........

Surely Dundee Utd have a right to recoup some of the money that was stolen from them, by a club thats being aloud to retain all the titles and cup wins of their former thieving, cheating club?

SMAXXA
06-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Only rangers could try and fleece another club out of money to hit them in the pocket and put a charitable noble spin on it.

They are a more horrible club since green took over and their continued victimising claims yet given half a chance they would **** everyone else over in a heartbeat.

Spl shouldnt invite them back in with the behaviour demonstrated over the last few months.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Surely Dundee Utd have a right to recoup some of the money that was stolen from them, by a club thats being aloud to retain all the titles and cup wins of their former thieving, cheating club?

You would like to think so, but would probably have to be sanctioned by SFA first........As Oldco no longer exists, Utd have no entitlement to monies outstanding....

Pete
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
The huns are cutting off their nose to spite their face. Instead of a full rangers end and the club getting a share of the gate money, there will only be united fans there and the huns will not benefit financialy.

I'm not sure the rangers players will be too thrilled.

SMAXXA
06-12-2012, 04:46 PM
The huns are cutting off their nose to spite their face. Instead of a full rangers end and the club getting a share of the gate money, there will only be united fans there and the huns will not benefit financialy.

Yeah but what they would get for this game is a pittance to them, they don't need the money now they have shafted every tom dick and harry out of money and are on course to be the most financially stable club in scotland.

Hope utd fans let in kids or the unfortunate into the huns end for nowt and make use of them not coming,

Mind the unfortunate have said they will boycott

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 04:46 PM
You would like to think so, but would probably have to be sanctioned by SFA first........As Oldco no longer exists, Utd have no entitlement to monies outstanding....

But how can a newco retain all of the "achievements" of the oldco, but without any liability for the damage that the oldco caused?

This "newco" is talking about raising 27 million, but they aren't liable to use any of that money to pay back the clubs that the oldco stole from, even although they are retaining every aspect of the oldco.

When you think that you just couldn't hate them anymore, they find a way to make you hate them more....

Pretty Boy
06-12-2012, 04:48 PM

Rangers don't need the money. They are going to make £27M when they float on the stock Exchange according to the rags. Loadsa money these days.

Maybe they could 'donate' the money to their various creditors who are out of pocket?

clerriehibs
06-12-2012, 06:37 PM
what a friggin grand gesture that is, giving someone else's money to charity. Twats.

Phil D. Rolls
06-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Taxation has always been the best way to care for the vulnerable in society.

Purple & Green
06-12-2012, 07:00 PM
I'll think an awful lot less of any charity that takes money in these circumstances ie being cynically used as a pr stunt.

I'd expect nothing less of the rangers charity foundation who I seem to remember have previous for acting uncharitably.

We can go round in circles though; this is about the rangers acting like a petulant toddler in a huff. And that petulant toddler should be made to sit on the naughty step until they start to behave in a proper manner or Scottish football will suffer the consequences for years to come.

Onion
06-12-2012, 07:02 PM

:agree: Puts pressure on DUFC to split the takings. Good of the Huns to "donate" the gate receipts provided by DUFC fans :rolleyes: Complete knob heads.

JeMeSouviens
06-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I would imagine United will deduct the money Green has refused to pay that they were due from last year's cup tie at Ibrox. After deducting United's costs, VAT and the SFA's 5% I doubt there will be much left for the Huns' charities anyway.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Lets just make sure that the charities get the money and it is not a loan. If needy organisations get funds, then great, but we shouldn't lose sight of the thought process behind this gesture. Cast back a few days and Sewer Co are thinking Celtc may qualify for the last 16 of the CL, how can we get them off the back page. Fast forward to last night. Celtc have qualified for the last 16 of the CL, how can we get them off the back page.

CropleyWasGod
06-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I would imagine United will deduct the money Green has refused to pay that they were due from last year's cup tie at Ibrox. After deducting United's costs, VAT and the SFA's 5% I doubt there will be much left for the Huns' charities anyway.

I don't think they would be allowed to do that. The liquidators would kick up for a start.... they would see it as an unfair preference.

I know we've done the "football debt" thing to death on here, but I reckon DUFC would be on shaky ground if they did it.

ballengeich
06-12-2012, 07:24 PM
More money would go to charity if The Rangers sold tickets and passed on their 40%. The supporters could still boycott the game by not turning up. They'd have a warm righteous glow knowing that they'd contributed to a good cause.

Eyrie
06-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Nasty and cynical move by Sevco Huns. If they were serious about this then it would have been part of their original anouncement but this is clearly a desperate retaliation against suggestions Dundee Utd could subtract the money that they were due by Huns RIP before paying anything over.

Problem is that most people will simply see the headline and think it's a nice gesture.

neilmartinrocks
06-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Typical. spending somebody elses money again.

Saturdays Hero
06-12-2012, 10:16 PM
A bit of topic but do you reckon this will make the game a certainty to be shown by Sky.

.Sean.
06-12-2012, 10:20 PM
A bit of topic but do you reckon this will make the game a certainty to be shown by Sky.It's definately being shown live :agree:

Saturdays Hero
06-12-2012, 10:27 PM
It's definately being shown live :agree:

Good,I'm hoping we'll get a 3 o'clock Sat kick-off.

fat freddy
06-12-2012, 11:24 PM
dundee utd wont need a team talk before this match....a few quotes from charlie green pinned to the dressing room wall should do the trick...like never before i hope that the 'walking dead' get blown away in front of a huge t.v. audience...they have set themselves up for a massive humiliation with their spoilt bully antics and it is only right that the whole country should enjoy their downfall.

Lucius Apuleius
07-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Just to be fair, the Rangers Charity Trust has always been very supportive when I have asked for donations for anything.

Onion
07-12-2012, 07:18 AM

:agree:Excellent post. While the SPL have no jurisdiction over the new Nuns, there is nothing to stop them introducing new rules now making promotion to the SPL conditional on the behaviour of lower division clubs, rather than automatic promotion if they win Div 1 and have meet the stadium/financial requirements. That would include inflammatory and idiotic comments/actions by chairmen (such as Green) that bring the game into disrepute. If the SPL did that, it would shut that idiot up or better still encourage the new Huns to go find another league to annoy.

Spike Mandela
07-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Dundee Utd need to treat this action with contempt. Getting Rangers or Celtic in a draw is literally a lottery and can't be budgeted for so they just need to treat this with the mindset that they have drawn a 3rd div team and will have a 3rd division crowd to deal with.

Then go out and absolutely pummel the self righteous cheats.

Even if they won't admit it Rangers and their fans are absolutely hating the medicine they are having to swallow at the moment and pathetic little attempts like this to get 'revenge' as they see it is ultimately futile.

LeighLoyal
07-12-2012, 09:24 AM
That auld trumpet Smith makes me chuckle. Dundee United gave him his break in football and that's how he pays them back, by slavering garbage about Sevco/deadco being the victims and United being part of some posse out to get them as if they are somehow to blame for his rancid outfits position. The only victims are the creditors owed millions by deadco, nobody else.

killie-hibby
07-12-2012, 10:20 AM
That auld trumpet Smith makes me chuckle. Dundee United gave him his break in football and that's how he pays them back, by slavering garbage about Sevco/deadco being the victims and United being part of some posse out to get them as if they are somehow to blame for his rancid outfits position. The only victims are the creditors owed millions by deadco, nobody else.

The inflamatory #ish coming from the Daily record is worrying. The managers of that rag must be aware of conflict and divisions between Deadco and all other Scottish clubs being fuelled, by allowing statements from biased and illinformed persons such as Smith,Hately and Gough to be published without back up evidence, or any form of challenge from reporters. Hately doesnt even write his column, its ghosted by a reporter.
By the way ,I have not purchased a Daily Record since Alex Millars team won the League Cup. Once or twice a week I look at their on line version but am seriously trying to withdraw from that affliction as I believe they (the DR) get a fee for every click on.
PS The aforementioned rag is the main source of PR for deadco, which seems to conflict with hiring Traynor, if rumours are correct, to do the same job.

murray26
07-12-2012, 07:30 PM
The inflamatory #ish coming from the Daily record is worrying. The managers of that rag must be aware of conflict and divisions between Deadco and all other Scottish clubs being fuelled, by allowing statements from biased and illinformed persons such as Smith,Hately and Gough to be published without back up evidence, or any form of challenge from reporters. Hately doesnt even write his column, its ghosted by a reporter.
By the way ,I have not purchased a Daily Record since Alex Millars team won the League Cup. Once or twice a week I look at their on line version but am seriously trying to withdraw from that affliction as I believe they (the DR) get a fee for every click on.
PS The aforementioned rag is the main source of PR for deadco, which seems to conflict with hiring Traynor, if rumours are correct, to do the same job.

I reckon utd stand to lose about 50k here, Stephen Thompson should set up a paypal call it "utd we stand" or something and invite fans from all other spl sides to donate £10 £5 or even a quid whatever with a 50 k limit on the account, that way the huns get nothing and utd are'nt out of pocket, it would really annoy the huns that there pathetic wee boycott hasn't worked.

Jim44
08-12-2012, 10:12 AM
McCoist and EVERY player in the The Rangers squad has backed the boycott. They really are putting up the '**** the lot of you' barricades. Green has got them all round his little finger and is playing to the ignorant masses. He'll be selling them off at a tidy profit just as they return to the SPL or whatever it will be called in a few years time and the 'sheep' left running the club will expect to drift naturally back into the position they were 'rudely' ousted from. It's important that these anti-social and anti-football antics are used in evidence against them when the time comes to refuse them entry to the top league.

Jim44
08-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Is it not time the SFA and SFL made a comment on this fiasco. Or maybe they are so in their pocket and beholding to them that they are frightened to rock rhe boat.

BarneyK
08-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Is it not time the SFA and SFL made a comment on this fiasco. Or maybe they are so in their pocket and beholding to them that they are frightened to rock rhe boat.

The Sfa to show some leadership...aye right enough :wink:

poolman
08-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Baffling thing for me is that they still don't understand why people detest them :rolleyes:

jdships
08-12-2012, 10:55 AM

:thumbsup:

After reading his ramblings wondered if Super Ally/ Green had written the script
This ' hard done to attitude ' cuts no ice , at least not with the football people I mix with .
Whatever/whoever , methinks Waldo is past his sell by date and is well suited to the Sevco set up
They are welcome to him

Moulin Yarns
08-12-2012, 11:17 AM

I was saying to an Arab mate yesterday that the fact the SFA have not come straight out with any form of commenting could be a good thing. I take it as a sign that they are seriously considering the ramifications of this. I might be wrong, of course. It wouldn't be the first time, just ask my wife :agree:

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2012, 11:48 AM

Dundee United have asked the SFA for guidance. That will be done privately and, after that, we will know the SFA's position.

The SFL have nothing to do with it.

Jim44
08-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Dundee United have asked the SFA for guidance. That will be done privately and, after that, we will know the SFA's position.

The SFL have nothing to do with it.

I am not so sure you are right about the SFL and I would suggest that they are responsible for the behaviour of their member clubs. If the shoe was on the other foot, and an SPL club was victimising an SFL club, I've no doubt that the SPL hierarchy would be expected to get involved.

CropleyWasGod
08-12-2012, 12:23 PM
I am not so sure you are right about the SFL and I would suggest that they are responsible for the behaviour of their member clubs. If the shoe was on the other foot, and an SPL club was victimising an SFL club, I've no doubt that the SPL hierarchy would be expected to get involved.

Fair point. :agree:

leggeto
08-12-2012, 10:34 PM
i know it could be hard for the fans to do this but what about just not going to the game, they will win it anyway,no cash for them:flag: