PDA

View Full Version : Want to re-live the immediate post match from Sunday?

Carheenlea
04-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Just listened to the Sportsound podcast from Sunday, and most enjoyable it was too. Starts with the final whistle going, then rest of show from there on with Richard Gordon, Craig Patterson and John Robertson airing their thoughts while the post match celebrations provide a noisy backdrop. Sunshine in Leith sounds immense, worth it for that alone.

Should be able to access from here http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot

Alex Trager
04-12-2012, 10:32 AM
This is superb

Alex Trager
04-12-2012, 10:37 AM
S.O.L sounds immense. Seriously seriously does

Hibercelona
04-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Robertson is raging! :greengrin

Alex Trager
04-12-2012, 10:38 AM
The hearts are going bust!

Hibercelona
04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Robbo: Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky....... :blah:

GIRFUY!

Alex Trager
04-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Is there one when we score the goal? I want to hear it over the radio

Alex Trager
04-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Oh there's a bit in that one. That's fine. I'm happy bunny now.

Mr White
04-12-2012, 10:56 AM
fair play to the beeb, thats some fair coverage for hibs there, for once.:wink:

Hibs7
04-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I though John Robertson was honest and fair in his assessment of the game and Hibs progress this season, no sour grapes at all.

clerriehibs
04-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Robbo: Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky....... :blah:

GIRFUY!

I usually think he's tallking a loady fattyfoulkes trousers, but to be honest, he sounds fairly reasonable so far (1st 20 mins) to me. Maybe there is a grain of Hibs left in him after all and, being at ER, seeing a Hibees win, he's starting to see the light again ...

Seveno
04-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Great stuff. SOL over Robbo's voice - magic.

Glorious
04-12-2012, 12:07 PM
I though John Robertson was honest and fair in his assessment of the game and Hibs progress this season, no sour grapes at all.

Did you hear his chat after the Celtic game though? Makes his Sunday night chat sound like he was kissing *rse after predicting Hearts would head "down the road" and win as usual. Egg firmly on face. :wink:

truehibernian
04-12-2012, 01:07 PM
I usually think he's tallking a loady fattyfoulkes trousers, but to be honest, he sounds fairly reasonable so far (1st 20 mins) to me. Maybe there is a grain of Hibs left in him after all and, being at ER, seeing a Hibees win, he's starting to see the light again ...

I posted last week that I chatted to someone who knows him very well (and his family) and she referred to John as 'the pretend Jambo' and told me 'don't be fooled he's a Hearts fan' - she is a Hearts fan and she told me that they've long suspected that he still harbours affection for Hibs. His family are split, brothers and children too, so it wouldn't surprise me that he may remember what he used to be.

Thought he came over very fair - delighted for Craig P though :greengrin

--------
04-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Did you hear his chat after the Celtic game though? Makes his Sunday night chat sound like he was kissing *rse after predicting Hearts would head "down the road" and win as usual. Egg firmly on face. :wink:

Among the Jambos, he's the generic Jambo blimp. :agree:

Here, he's among decent company, and he behaves himself. To be fair, he spoke sensibly and fairly throughout - much more gracious than McGoon.

But one thing, John - "addressing Hibs' debt" is an ongoing process at Easter Road, as it should be. STF, RP and the board keep a close eye on that debt, and it doesn't get anywhere near the point where it becomes unmanageable.

And the balance sheets presented at the HIBS AGM are accurate and all-inclusive - no nasty wee surprises about unpaid taxes or unsettled bills or unpaid salaries ....

The Voice Of Reason
04-12-2012, 01:18 PM

Agreed re Robbo. :agree:

Listening to the Podcast at the moment.....it's brilliant !!!!! :thumbsup: Well done to the OP for posting this :agree:

:flag: :flag:

Ireallywasthere
04-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Excellent ! Thanks for that - I thought Robertson was quite fair

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Twiglet
04-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Among the Jambos, he's the generic Jambo blimp. :agree:

Here, he's among decent company, and he behaves himself. To be fair, he spoke sensibly and fairly throughout - much more gracious than McGoon.

But one thing, John - "addressing Hibs' debt" is an ongoing process at Easter Road, as it should be. STF, RP and the board keep a close eye on that debt, and it doesn't get anywhere near the point where it becomes unmanageable.

And the balance sheets presented at the HIBS AGM are accurate and all-inclusive - no nasty wee surprises about unpaid taxes or unsettled bills or unpaid salaries ....

That's what I was shouting at my computer too. if he'd looked at the accounts from this year he'd see that we are paying it back and we have payment schedules in place too. It's not something we're letting just sit there and build up interest, Rod Petrie's not daft.

Hiber-nation
04-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Aye BBC Scotland have got it in for Hibs...blah blah blah :rolleyes:

That was great, cheers :thumbsup:

essexhibee
04-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Great stuff:aok:

JeMeSouviens
04-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Cool, thanks for posting that. :thumbsup:

Onion
04-12-2012, 08:13 PM

:agree:

Jones28
05-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Loved that :agree:

SJNB Hibby
05-12-2012, 03:28 PM
MAGIC-thanks for the link:top marks

Golden Bear
05-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Yip, dare I say it - well done Radio Scotland. Hopefully they can maintain these higher standards, but I doubt it.

:coffee: