PDA

View Full Version : Dutch linesman

Twiglet
03-12-2012, 11:34 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20583970

Attacked by 3 young players during a match. Shocking stuff.

Sean1875
03-12-2012, 11:44 PM
just disgusting.

hfc rd
03-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Bloody disgraceful. I hope those three rats get punished big time.

Leithenhibby
03-12-2012, 11:59 PM
As the article says "too crazy for words" ....... Shocking :rolleyes:

Twiglet
04-12-2012, 12:16 AM
One of the things in this story that made it even sadder to me was that one of his sons was playing and so could well have seen it all.

frazeHFC
04-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Very sad, can't believe that could happen. As mentioned his son was playing, awfully sad and the animals that did it should be punished like adults.

haagsehibby
04-12-2012, 07:38 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20583970

Attacked by 3 young players during a match. Shocking stuff.

Sadly, it's not uncommon for officials to be attacked in the amateur leagues in Holland. A couple of years back the KNVB introduced a sanction that the whole club would be suspended from all competitions for a season if any violent conduct was perpetrated against officials. However, it was rescinded this year as it was considered too harsh. As it stands now, these three will have a maximum ban of three years.

IWasThere2016
04-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Sadly, it's not uncommon for officials to be attacked in the amateur leagues in Holland. A couple of years back the KNVB introduced a sanction that the whole club would be suspended from all competitions for a season if any violent conduct was perpetrated against officials. However, it was rescinded this year as it was considered too harsh. As it stands now, these three will have a maximum ban of three years.

Yup. A 77y-o spectator was killed by a player last year!

JimBHibees
04-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Absolutely sickening that this has happened.

Twiglet
04-12-2012, 09:48 AM

Surely there's got to be a change in the laws? How can there be such a small ban when someone's life has been taken?

JimBHibees
04-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Surely there's got to be a change in the laws? How can there be such a small ban when someone's life has been taken?

Surely there will be a criminal case also separate form any meaningless football sanction.

Twiglet
04-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Surely there will be a criminal case also separate form any meaningless football sanction.

How long would you get over there for manslaughter? In the UK the sentences seem short considering the crime. If they are 15/16 they could still be at an age where they could play at some level when released.

JIm
04-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Whilst this has happened over in Holland i think realistically people need to have a look at this as i bet its not long before something more serious occurs in this country. Now is the time to change the culture in youth sport and eliminate the chance of this kind of thing happening here. I know the Scottish FA are forging ahead with PCS and reccomend anyone who hasn't heard or seen one of these presentations to get along.

Pretty Boy
04-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Shocking stuff.

I've given a few referees a mouthful in my time but the idea of assaulting someone who has given up their time so amateur games can go ahead is just crazy.

Absolutely no excuse for.it.

--------
04-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Anyone who goes to kids' and teens' games in Scotland has encountered the sort of Foghorn Leghorn morons who bellow violent abuse and threats from the touchline from KO to FT.

It's a very short step from that sort of behaviour to actual assault, IMO.

And when that sort of verbal abuse is tolerated, it can incite violence from players, too.

JimBHibees
04-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Whilst this has happened over in Holland i think realistically people need to have a look at this as i bet its not long before something more serious occurs in this country. Now is the time to change the culture in youth sport and eliminate the chance of this kind of thing happening here. I know the Scottish FA are forging ahead with PCS and reccomend anyone who hasn't heard or seen one of these presentations to get along.

I was at one of these last week and they are very good however there is a real culture in football (youth, amateur, professional) in this country which needs addressed. This appalling incident in Holland is indeed a wake up call for anyone remotely interested in football and to how things can quite quickly go from verbal abuse, bullying type behaviour to violence.

My brother used to ref at different levels and he was assaulted more than once.Some people really need to get a life it is sport it is meant to be fun however sometimes it is nothing of the sort.

JimBHibees
04-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Anyone who goes to kids' and teens' games in Scotland has encountered the sort of Foghorn Leghorn morons who bellow violent abuse and threats from the touchline from KO to FT.

It's a very short step from that sort of behaviour to actual assault, IMO.

And when that sort of verbal abuse is tolerated, it can incite violence from players, too.

Completely agree I was at a Positive Coaching Scotland seminar last week which is being rolled out by the SFA and the guy gave a recent example of 2 adults fighting on the sidelines at a Primary 5 match. Quite incredible.

JIm
04-12-2012, 03:49 PM
I was at one of these last week and they are very good however there is a real culture in football (youth, amateur, professional) in this country which needs addressed. This appalling incident in Holland is indeed a wake up call for anyone remotely interested in football and to how things can quite quickly go from verbal abuse, bullying type behaviour to violence.

My brother used to ref at different levels and he was assaulted more than once.Some people really need to get a life it is sport it is meant to be fun however sometimes it is nothing of the sort.

Out of curiosity then, what was your thoughts on the workshop? Do you think that the messages being delivered will help to change the culture and mindsets?

JimBHibees
04-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Out of curiosity then, what was your thoughts on the workshop? Do you think that the messages being delivered will help to change the culture and mindsets?

I think if fully implemented by coaches and as importantly parents it would change the culture and mindsets however the ones that probably need to change the most may be more difficult to reach. It is certainly a worthwhile programme and sends out the right messages that winning isnt the only thing there are more important longer term benefits which are vital.

--------
04-12-2012, 04:39 PM
I think if fully implemented by coaches and as importantly parents it would change the culture and mindsets however the ones that probably need to change the most may be more difficult to reach. It is certainly a worthwhile programme and sends out the right messages that winning isnt the only thing there are more important longer term benefits which are vital.

:agree: The poblem lies with the wannabe morons trying to live their dreams and compensate for their inadequacies through their kids.

These guys aren't really susceptible to rational communication.