PDA

View Full Version : Wotherspoon

Green-Hibee-7
03-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Not one to usually comment but thought I would share.

Was absolutely buzzing to see when I was doing a job in Tranent today the wee man getting his car surrounded by lad's at a red light all be it while they perhaps should have been school but we will let them off haha.

I think he's very much a confidence player and things like that and a more vocal backing from the stands to the kid should make him to the player I think he first promised to be and even better than the good form he has shown this season.

Well in spoony!

Cocaine&Caviar
03-12-2012, 09:16 PM
What a transformation from 12 months ago.

Confidence has made him look a completely different player.

Neither him or Cairney are overly quick, but both have a trick in them and great vision with the ball.

Currently enjoying his best run of form in his career IMO.

Elephant Stone
03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I've given him plenty of stick but he's having a really good season. I still think he hesitates a bit too much and his play can be quite predictable but I'm delighted to be eating some humble pie. Hopefully there's more to come.

Prawn Sandwich
03-12-2012, 09:30 PM
What a transformation from 12 months ago.

Confidence has made him look a completely different player.

Neither him or Cairney are overly quick, but both have a trick in them and great vision with the ball.

Currently enjoying his best run of form in his career IMO.

All to do with confidence. Hopefully Spoony will go from strength to strength now. Cairney's pass to Spoony across field before the goal was sublime too.

Maybe the loaning out of Calum Booth will do him the world of good. Playing for a couple of seasons with a bunch heartless looses doesn't help any youngster with their confidence.

Eganov
03-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Probably because he's not having to keep coming back to cover for fullbacks (which he was having to do yesterday on occasions and it was like last season again) leaving him to run forward into the box get some crosses or shots in. Quality player who will only get better as the standard of player in the squad gets better.

jdships
03-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Confidence can come as much from the way you are treated by the Manager as much as by yourself .
Perhaps Pat has the magic touch as he also seems to have worked the oracle with Sparky

" A happy dressing room makes for happy players which makes for confident players "
Bertie Mee ex Arsenal manager