PDA

View Full Version : Question Which pubs did you frequent yesterday?

iwasthere1972
03-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Me

Pre-Match
Brass Monkey
Tourmalet
The Strathie (Bit of a dive but got served quick)

Post-Match
Alhambra
Boda *see below
Brass Monkey

*Before anyone says anything I was in the Alhambra first which was brilliant. Packed pub all singing "Sunshine on Leith" Finished my pint and went outside to have a cigarette. Spotted the Boda opposite so went in there ordered a pint and sat down. It was after about 5 minutes I noticed that all the "couples" sitting at the tables (which had candles as the lights were dimmed) were of the male species. I would have noticed earlier but I was busy texting etc. Seems daft but I wasn't completely sure that it was a gay bar until I googled it today. Now I'm not saying that it's wrong or anything but count me out. It's not for me. Better remember to clear my internet history now. :greengrin

:drunk: (Could have sworn that I saw Sparky run past the pub with Garry O' on his back).

lord bunberry
03-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Me

Pre-Match
Brass Monkey
Tourmalet

Post-Match
Alhambra
Boda *see below
Brass Monkey

*Before anyone says anything I was in the Alhambra first which was brilliant. Packed pub all singing "Sunshine on Leith" Finished my pint and went outside to have a cigarette. Spotted the Boda opposite so went in there ordered a pint and sat down. It was after about 5 minutes I noticed that all the "couples" sitting at the tables (which had candles as the lights were dimmed) were of the male species. I would have noticed earlier but I was busy texting etc. Seems daft but I wasn't completely sure that it was a gay bar until I googled it today. Now I'm not saying that it's wrong or anything but count me out. It's not for me. Better remember to clear my internet history now. :greengrin

:drunk: (Could have sworn that I saw Sparky run past the pub with Garry O' on his back.

we were in the alhambra before and after which was great we then headed up to the harp and castle which was also jumping

iwasthere1972
03-12-2012, 07:28 PM
we were in the alhambra before and after which was great we then headed up to the harp and castle which was also jumping

Walked in there but too busy. Would have been at least half an hour to get served.

lord bunberry
03-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Walked in there but too busy. Would have been at least half an hour to get served.

it wasnt too bad later on when we were in

Albanian Hibs
03-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Hibs Club pre match
Tamsons post match

ronaldo7
03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Tamsons pre and post match.

Up to Middletons for a swift one on the way home. A couple of yam bam stragglers got pelters :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
03-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Iona pre match. Was absolutely rammed and was a good few songs getting sung which doesn't normally happen in there before the match.

Walked past afterwards and looked heaving so just headed back up towards Lloyds bar and had a quick one in Lloyds in the omni centre

EdinMike
03-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Tamsons regular ! Sardines both before and a little bit after.. Jukebox was on form though...

AFKA5814_Hibs
03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Iona pre and post match then Robbies.

LancashireHibby
03-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Mather's and Windsor Buffet pre-match, Four In Hand post-match.

Frazerbob
03-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Pre Match
Kushis for a curry
Joseph Pearces - was busy with a mixed crowd. No grief and chilled.

Post Match
Percey - Mobbed and a good sing-song
Jo's (formely The Bridge Bar) on Leith walk - dead and gash!
Meridean - dead but a good sing-song on the karaoke
Volley - Again, suprisingly quiet
Harp & Castle - was getting late and it was begining to die down. Still a rammy though with singing, dancing, Sportscene on the TV's and a conga!
Phoenix - by the time we got there we were blootered so can't really remember much!

Hibeesmad
03-12-2012, 08:21 PM
In the loch inn after the game yesterday..

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=qCu3LoGJIhs

PatHead
03-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Me

Pre-Match
Brass Monkey
Tourmalet

Post-Match
Alhambra
Boda *see below
Brass Monkey

:drunk: (Could have sworn that I saw Sparky run past the pub with Garry O' on his back).

Don't knock the Strathie- good beer, great prices, quick service and lets kids in through the back, throw in free pies and sausage rolls. What more do you want from a pub pre match?

Lendo
03-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Me

Pre-Match
Brass Monkey
Tourmalet

Post-Match
Alhambra
Boda *see below
Brass Monkey

Boda is in no way, shape or form a gay bar.

SouthamptonHibs
03-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Pre match - Royal Nip (the office), place was rammed, good sing song before the game, atmospher was good.

Post match - Persevere, rammed after the game but great place for a sing song, left pub around 10pm.

Great day out

Hail Hail

ScottB
03-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Went to Pivo after, both because they have tasty beer and the forlorn hope that Skackel might have been drowning his sorrows inside :greengrin

Brebners Bookie
03-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Mate of mine is a part time hibee from down south. Apparently went to the Roseburn as we had told him that's where all hibs fans go for the derbies.

Must have failed to mention we meant away derbies. Luckily he had no colours on. Oops.:faf:

weedgiehibbie
03-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Headed to the Iona pre-match - normally drink in the Windsor but my dad was at the game so wanted somewhere a bit closer to the ground, tried the supporters club but was "members only" and packed by the back of one so Iona it was.

Ended up in the Harp & Castle for the 1st time for one after the game before heading up for the train home

iwasthere1972
03-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Boda is in no way, shape or form a gay bar.

Well you could knock me down with a feather. Thought that I read online that it was. Good news then in case anyone I know spotted me coming out of it.

edinburghhibee
03-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Don't knock the Strathie- good beer, great prices, quick service and lets kids in through the back, throw in free pies and sausage rolls. What more do you want from a pub pre match?

Spot on that was my local for several years when I played with the Albion great wee pub and decent folk in it too! Does look rough from outside though ;) it's all character though

Lee0762
03-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Pre match couple in the Persevere then onto Tamsons for another couple.

Post match straight to Tamsons for a few with the grandad, which was packed then down to the Harp and Castle for 1, which was bouncing.

iwasthere1972
03-12-2012, 10:31 PM

Don't take offence. The interior and exterior let it down but the pint and the service is quite good. The locals are friendly too. Pies and sausage rolls are no good to me as I'm a veggie.

007 Mickey Weir
03-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Harp and Castle was cracking!!!

Miguel
03-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Loch Inn for me. Bouncing! Sit down. A mental guy I know goes to Diggers and pretends he is a Yam, critising everything about them. Really gets off on it when they start fighting over the wee fuse he's lit!

neilmartinrocks
04-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Loch Inn for me. Bouncing! Sit down. A mental guy I know goes to Diggers and pretends he is a Yam, critising everything about them. Really gets off on it when they start fighting over the wee fuse he's lit!

I was there before the game it was packed so got a carry out got back just in time to see the bouncy bouncy boys go through one of the tables outside.:faf: