PDA

View Full Version : Cup top up

Hexham Hibee
03-12-2012, 04:44 PM
How does this work financially? If the yams get 50% of gate money yesterday is it half of 17,052 ticket money or do they only get half of actual ticket sales. It seems unfair if we have to give them and now the sheep or Well 50% of cup top up money. Surely Hibs would lose out that way.

Does anyone know how it works?

Ozyhibby
03-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Do you really think Rod will lose out? The Club will be delighted with another home tie.

iwasthere1972
03-12-2012, 04:51 PM
How does this work financially? If the yams get 50% of gate money yesterday is it half of 17,052 ticket money or do they only get half of actual ticket sales. It seems unfair if we have to give them and now the sheep or Well 50% of cup top up money. Surely Hibs would lose out that way.

Does anyone know how it works?

Highly unlikely that they would only get 50% of ticket sales only, less costs of course. Hearts will get next to nothing by the time Rodders deducts money for broken seats and the vandalism to the toilets and basins. Fumigation costs will account for the biggest deduction.

PatHead
03-12-2012, 04:53 PM
I think they are due half the gate receipts. If these sponging season ticket holders :devil: aren't paying then there is surely no receipt so the opposition won't get anything?

Eyrie
03-12-2012, 05:35 PM
They don't get 50% of the gate money.

I think it's 5% creamed off by the SFA (it's their competition) and 20% retained by the home club to assist with costs (regardless of whether they make a profit or loss on this 20%). So it's only the remaining money that's split, which means they get 37.5% (less the cost of any damge done by their fans).

Not sure about any fees for the game being on TV though - presumably we get the lot or at least 80%.

Ringothedog
03-12-2012, 05:40 PM
They don't get 50% of the gate money.

I think it's 5% creamed off by the SFA (it's their competition) and 20% retained by the home club to assist with costs (regardless of whether they make a profit or loss on this 20%). So it's only the remaining money that's split, which means they get 37.5% (less the cost of any damge done by their fans).

Not sure about any fees for the game being on TV though - presumably we get the lot or at least 80%.

It is split 50/50