PDA

View Full Version : Garry O'Connor arrested over alleged drugs offences

Lee0762
03-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Not seen this anywhere yet... "@edinburghpaper: Ex-Hibs star Garry O'Connor arrested over alleged drugs offences after yesterday's derby. Full story to follow" ... Guys a muppet

Mikey
03-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Not seen this anywhere yet... "@edinburghpaper: Ex-Hibs star Garry O'Connor arrested over alleged drugs offences after yesterday's derby. Full story to follow" ... Guys a muppet

Is he a muppet, or an alleged muppet?

Remember folks, innocent until proved otherwise :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Is he a muppet, or an alleged muppet?

Remember folks, innocent until proved otherwise :wink:

Indeed, but he has got a bit of previous....

MWHIBBIES
03-12-2012, 03:17 PM
He was sitting not far from me in the FF upper, said to myself that I was pleased he wasn't playing because he wouldn't have given anywhere near as much as those players on the pitch yesterday did for us.

Hibercelona
03-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Whats the man thinking? :bitchy:

He needs to pull himself together, because his life will just continue to slip away from him.

Mac
03-12-2012, 03:22 PM
That will be the end of him then, must be a short prison stay if found guilty, certainly close to ending his footballing career

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Whats the man thinking? :bitchy:

He needs to pull himself together, because his life will just continue to slip away from him.

Just say no. :rolleyes:

Lee0762
03-12-2012, 03:33 PM
http://m.local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/203952-garry-oconnor-charged-with-drug-offences-after-edinburgh-derby/

iwasthere1972
03-12-2012, 03:42 PM
It's a shame that in years to come he will be better known for his problems off field than his football career if you can call it that. Thank goodness he's out the picture (and his face allegedly) at Easter Road.

KeithTheHibby
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Total fanny.

plhibs
03-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Dear o dear how stupid is that, if true, not long back in the city, derby day and on Leith Walk.

superfurryhibby
03-12-2012, 03:56 PM
He was in the Brass Monkey, Leith Walk, after the game. Seemed very pleased about the Hibs winning. Must say, don't know about the allegations but for a guy with loadsaemoney he was a bit of a scruffy barsteward. Tracky bottoms and some Russian official teamwear gillet jacket, not a good look. Garry O, simply not Hibs class in the sartorial stakes.

I should add that I hope the allegations aren't true. Although Garry has made a total pudenda of his career, he still gave good service to Hibs and it's sad to see someone that was a bit of a hero making the news for all the wrong reasons

Stine
03-12-2012, 03:59 PM
I walked past him last night with a mate as he was being arrested. He looked hammered. It was a double take moment. Couldn't believe it.

LeighLoyal
03-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Silly laddie.

ScottB
03-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Silly laddie.

He's a full grown, idiotic man these days!

hibeedonald
03-12-2012, 04:13 PM
My dad was communications manager at the SFA for 10 years, and through his contacts still there he managed to get 2 tickets in hospitality for the Scottish cup final. Due to working with Scotland team for such a long time he knew Gary quite well. After the game he was in the lounge and gary came in, walked up to my dad and said he walked up to him bright as ever asking him how things were, my dad was totally Shell-shocked, Gary spent the rest of the time having a laugh in the lounge, did not appear to care at all.

iwasthere1972
03-12-2012, 04:14 PM
So to summarise - and this is all allegedly of course. Well known face and has previous, pashed, high on drugs, wearing scruffy trackies and a dodgy russian type top enjoying himself in Leith on a busy Sunday night. So what gave it away?

Sylar
03-12-2012, 04:19 PM
If guilty, he'll be the second ex-Hibs player this past month who has attempted career suicide!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/tom-english-anthony-stokes-has-disgraced-celtic-1-2671302

The fall-out from the latter is another perfect example of why footballers without any modicum of intelligence should be prohibited from tweeting.

squire
03-12-2012, 04:41 PM
I was walking passed when he got nicked and one of the numerous Polis who were standing around said to me "at least he have his real name this time!" Priceless moment

Diclonius
03-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Not our problem.

Hibernia&Alba
03-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Not our problem.

No, but sad nonetheless. Too much too young and a life getting out of control. It's a familiar story with footballers now, such is the money young men can earn.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-12-2012, 05:52 PM
hanging around with casuals yesterday as well

dp00
03-12-2012, 06:07 PM
More worryingly is he had his kids with him yesterday

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2012, 06:11 PM
No, but sad nonetheless. Too much too young and a life getting out of control. It's a familiar story with footballers now, such is the money young men can earn.

Always has been: Hughie Gallacher; Jimmy Greaves; Jim Baxter......there's too many to mention.

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2012, 06:44 PM
it's sad to hear this :(

berty_mee
03-12-2012, 07:21 PM
He was sitting not far from me in the FF upper, said to myself that I was pleased he wasn't playing because he wouldn't have given anywhere near as much as those players on the pitch yesterday did for us.

He was sitting in the west upper. Spoke and got a photae with him before ko. Cracking (but slightly patchy) tan he's got himself in the Russian winter.

Alfred E Newman
03-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Was in BTG before the game , standing drinking at the bar and constantly jumping the queue to buy drinks for his henchmen much to the anoyance of we mere mortals standing in the lengthy line up. Tit.

silverhibee
03-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Was in BTG before the game , standing drinking at the bar and constantly jumping the queue to buy drinks for his henchmen much to the anoyance of we mere mortals standing in the lengthy line up. Tit.

You should have said something to him.

iwasthere1972
03-12-2012, 07:39 PM

He was sitting in the west upper. Spoke and got a photae with him before ko. Cracking (but slightly patchy) tan he's got himself in the Russian winter.

He was sitting next to me in the East Stand. We were having a wee blether about the good times. :greengrin

FastEddieFelson
03-12-2012, 07:46 PM
https://twitter.com/GarryOConnor_/status/275701646405824512

Deek01
03-12-2012, 07:52 PM
https://twitter.com/GarryOConnor_/status/275701646405824512

Not the real GOC's account. That pics been screen shot of Facebook.

MWHIBBIES
03-12-2012, 08:12 PM
He was sitting in the west upper. Spoke and got a photae with him before ko. Cracking (but slightly patchy) tan he's got himself in the Russian winter.He was defo in the FF upper near the end, west side of the Black seats, only noticed him with 10 minutes to go so it is possible he changed seat at some point.

03-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Silly silly guy, never learns does he? Glad to see him still coming along to ER to cheer us on but glad he's no longer on our books as he seems to make the front of the papers more than the back. Guys an idiot, could have had such a fantastic career if he had just pulled himself together and stayed away from the drugs.

dp00
03-12-2012, 09:07 PM
He was defo in the FF upper near the end, west side of the Black seats, only noticed him with 10 minutes to go so it is possible he changed seat at some point.

Deffo in ff upper near end of game

Stuarty27
03-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Cant believe this...

When will this guy ever learn. Total waster.

I watched him on skysports news earlier in the day and he spoke really well and you could tell he loves Hibs, but to be on drugs at a Hibs Hearts game is mental.

Can't believe it

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2012, 09:27 PM
I saw him in BTG before the game, and thought he'd slimmed down and looked as if he'd got himself fit.

What a daft bugger he really is.

calumhibee1
03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I actually hope he gets locked up for a bit. Would probably do him some good.

VickMackie
03-12-2012, 09:39 PM
He was at the Aberdeen game aswell.

LeighLoyal
03-12-2012, 09:45 PM
These town plods seem to like lifting GOC and Riordan. I smell Yam.

ScottB
03-12-2012, 10:24 PM
These town plods seem to like lifting GOC and Riordan. I smell Yam.

If he's going to go roaming around town with drugs on him with his track record, then yam cop or not I have zero sympathy, ditto Deek and trying to get into clubs he's banned from.

Stantons Angel
03-12-2012, 10:35 PM
its so sad to read of this another step down the road to oblivion for hi.

Ive always found Garry to be a nice big laddie, but not very bright. He seemingly lost his sister to suicide through her drug problem. You would think his mum and dad had been put through enough with that horrible thing happening?

He is a mighty talented young man who has not handled fame at all well. This is the third charge made against him relating to drugs and if found guilty i can see him being put behind bars for a while.

He has a young wife and family a big house and fast cars, who is going to pay for and look after them when he is inside? Any money he has wont last for ever if he is not earning. No club will look at him with this sort of baggage trailing after him.

Two of the finest young talents in Scottish football for years were Riordan and O'Conner and where are they now? One cant find a club to attach to and is playing in a league way below his talent and he we have Garry now looking at a prison sentance and playing in Russia?

They are not very good role models for the youngsters that idolise them. I just hope someone gets them together and bangs their head to gether HARD!!!!

OK so some say its not our problem and maybe they are right, but Garry is one of our own and needs support to get him out of yet another hole he has dug for himself.

I only hope somewhere along the line he will have a look at this kids and see the damage he is doing to them as well as his family.

Garry for God's sake get a grip and have a good long look in the mirror pal! Your worth more than this!!!!

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2012, 10:42 PM

Ive always found Garry to be a nice big laddie, but not very bright. He seemingly lost his sister to suicide through her drug problem. You would think his mum and dad had been put through enough with that horrible thing happening?

He is a mighty talented young man who has not handled fame at all well. This is the third charge made against him relating to drugs and if found guilty i can see him being put behind bars for a while.

He has a young wife and family a big house and fast cars, who is going to pay for and look after them when he is inside? Any money he has wont last for ever if he is not earning. No club will look at him with this sort of baggage trailing after him.

Two of the finest young talents in Scottish football for years were Riordan and O'Conner and where are they now? One cant find a club to attach to and is playing in a league way below his talent and he we have Garry now looking at a prison sentance and playing in Russia?

They are not very good role models for the youngsters that idolise them. I just hope someone gets them together and bangs their head to gether HARD!!!!

OK so some say its not our problem and maybe they are right, but Garry is one of our own and needs support to get him out of yet another hole he has dug for himself.

I only hope somewhere along the line he will have a look at this kids and see the damage he is doing to them as well as his family.

Garry for God's sake get a grip and have a good long look in the mirror pal! Your worth more than this!!!!

I hate hearing GOC being labelled as one of our own......He must be the only "one of us", who found Cup Final Day nothing to get upset over, go out laugh, joke and have a ball afterwards......

Absolute joker.

Capt Mainwaring
03-12-2012, 10:56 PM
I hate hearing GOC being labelled as one of our own......He must be the only "one of us", who found Cup Final Day nothing to get upset over, go out laugh, joke and have a ball afterwards......

Absolute joker.

Correct. He is an Erse of the highest order. I don't wish him ill, but he's made his own life style choices and failed to learn from previous mistakes. Such a waste Gary son.

MrRobot
03-12-2012, 11:08 PM
If what I've been told is true(dont want to post it as i don't want to spread rumours) but he could be looking at big trouble this time. I think if founs guilty, he will face jail this time :rolleyes:

shame he's wasting his career.

basehibby
03-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Words fail me - daft ******* of the highest order (assuming all true).

With his past record you'd think he'd be a bit more careful but it seems he just can't help himself :rolleyes:

MB62
04-12-2012, 07:16 AM
I hate hearing GOC being labelled as one of our own......He must be the only "one of us", who found Cup Final Day nothing to get upset over, go out laugh, joke and have a ball afterwards......Absolute joker.

You should have been in Robbie's bar and then the Windsor Buffet afterwards. We all had a brilliant time singing Hibs songs all night and helped take the mind of events of earlier that day.
One result never changes the fact you are still a Hibby for life, and that's something to celebrate. :thumbsup:

BTW, If Garry got act together OFF the park, I would have him back at ER alongside Griffiths in a second, that would be some partnership. Unfortunately though, that's just never going to happen.

tomhorn
04-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Correct. He is an Erse of the highest order. I don't wish him ill, but he's made his own life style choices and failed to learn from previous mistakes. Such a waste Gary son.

No sympathy for him Im afraid. Got the talent and the job most of us would kill for. Potential to make big money and have a nice life but wid rather act like an erse and no take heed of any of the warning signs. Hes had chance after chance and blew it every time.

Phil MaGlass
04-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Mibbe a jail sentence is what he needs, he can then try and get a grip on whats left of his fitba life, concentrate on family ,learn how to spell his alias and work on fitness (trying to outrun the polis).

Malthibby
04-12-2012, 09:16 AM

What he said.:agree:

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Absolute joker.

I had a great night out in Glasgow after the final, joking and laughing with friends and family, the game was never mentioned once after we walked out of Hampden that day, i never talk about the game from that day but it didn't stop me from going out and having a good time.

If it wasn't for the big guys goals that he scored in the first half of the season we may well be playing in the 1st Division this season.

What are your thoughts on the managers behaviour at full time on that day.

truehibernian
04-12-2012, 01:15 PM
I had a great night out in Glasgow after the final, joking and laughing with friends and family, the game was never mentioned once after we walked out of Hampden that day, i never talk about the game from that day but it didn't stop me from going out and having a good time.

If it wasn't for the big guys goals that he scored in the first half of the season we may well be playing in the 1st Division this season.

Thing is SH, you are right enough about the goals - GOC is a talented footballer, and on his game and in 'the zone' a handful for any defender in any league. I'm a wee bit in the know about what happened on Sunday but will keep it to myself - I'm 100% sure you'll be too, given who was there.

For me the boy needs help - professional help. He's not going to get much sympathy from football fans because football is seen as 'big bucks, no responsibility' and footballers are seen as celebrities. You more than anyone will have witnessed footballers getting dogs abuse when out with friends and having to refrain from getting involved - so I sympathise with that aspect of the game. What I have little sympathy for is a player who has repeatedly had chances and 'support' - from clubs, friends and family.

We've all been daft and by God I've done some silly things in my time - but my sympathy levels for Garry are running on empty bud - he needs to put his family and his health first, but start making far far better decisions in his life in my humble opinion.

I though don't ever doubt his footballing ability - terrific player on his day.

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 01:16 PM
The only thing i am puzzled about from the weekend was to find GOC in the middle of the Hibernian Programme, a very strange decision from the folk at the club who do the Hibernian Official Matchday Programme.

Should have been one of the first team players in the Programme. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 02:12 PM

Completely unrelated to GOC's antics.....PF knows he let himself down but is was due to frustration.......GOC on the other hand......:rolleyes:

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Thing is SH, you are right enough about the goals - GOC is a talented footballer, and on his game and in 'the zone' a handful for any defender in any league. I'm a wee bit in the know about what happened on Sunday but will keep it to myself - I'm 100% sure you'll be too, given who was there.

For me the boy needs help - professional help. He's not going to get much sympathy from football fans because football is seen as 'big bucks, no responsibility' and footballers are seen as celebrities. You more than anyone will have witnessed footballers getting dogs abuse when out with friends and having to refrain from getting involved - so I sympathise with that aspect of the game. What I have little sympathy for is a player who has repeatedly had chances and 'support' - from clubs, friends and family.

We've all been daft and by God I've done some silly things in my time - but my sympathy levels for Garry are running on empty bud - he needs to put his family and his health first, but start making far far better decisions in his life in my humble opinion.

I though don't ever doubt his footballing ability - terrific player on his day.

Agree with everything you say mate, yeah i know what happened on Sunday night, what can you say eh.

Of course he needs help, infact he more than likely has had it, especially after his time at BC FC, it just looks like its not sinking in for him and that is a shame for him and his family.

But for Hibs fans on here dishing out some of the abuse towards him i don't get, folk hoping he gets the jail and all sorts of things, not from me, he needs help not prison, that's the last thing he needs as i think he would struggle inside the big hoose, but if found guilty of these alleged charges that is where he will probably end up, that' i don't wish on him.

I just like to remember him and the wee skinny lad terrifying defences in there first time at the club, best partnership i have seen at ER. :agree:

But still a couple of nippy sweeties at times. :greengrin

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Completely unrelated to GOC's antics.....PF knows he let himself down but is was due to frustration.......GOC on the other hand......:rolleyes:

So someone cracks a joke as they are coming down stairs and it is caught by live TV GOC having a laugh, i really don't see the problem in that, am sure there were other players that day after the game saying something and a few of them laughing at it but they didn't get caught doing it on live TV, what he done later that night was his business, rightly or wrongly but he decided to go out and have a good time.

Gaz never got a four match ban that day for laughing, where our manager did get a four match ban because he couldn't handle the abuse he was getting from the away end, he should know better as well and not react like this. :fenlon

Hibs managers should not be acting like that after a defeat. Hibs Class. Yes or No. :wink: :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 03:35 PM
So someone cracks a joke as they are coming down stairs and it is caught by live TV GOC having a laugh, i really don't see the problem in that, am sure there were other players that day after the game saying something and a few of them laughing at it but they didn't get caught doing it on live TV, what he done later that night was his business, rightly or wrongly but he decided to go out and have a good time.

Gaz never got a four match ban that day for laughing, where our manager did get a four match ban because he couldn't handle the abuse he was getting from the away end, he should know better as well and not react like this. :fenlon

Hibs managers should not be acting like that after a defeat. Hibs Class. Yes or No. :wink: :greengrin

Im not sure why you are bringing PF's gesture into it, we are all aware of GOC's off-field antics, which was sadly evidenced highly during his spell at us and after said match in May.....I don't want to see GOC anywhere near our great team, we have a assembled a team of hard working triers, and to my mind that would not suit GOC.

Beefster
04-12-2012, 03:39 PM

I find it slightly bizarre that you'll criticise the manager for a bit of red mist while trying to defend some of the criminal things that previous players get up to.

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I find it slightly bizarre that you'll criticise the manager for a bit of red mist while trying to defend some of the criminal things that previous players get up to.

Snap......No correlation between PF and the criminal activities of the others.....

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Snap......No correlation between PF and the criminal activities of the others.....

Who mentioned the criminal activities of others. :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Who mentioned the criminal activities of others. :confused:

You mentioned GOC laughing after the Final, but that was not what I was referring too.....Or has GOC only started his activities recently?:confused:

Pete
04-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I hope he doesn't get the jail as he clearly isn't a dealer.

People like him need serious help not incarceration.

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 04:12 PM
I hope he doesn't get the jail as he clearly isn't a dealer.

People like him need serious help not incarceration.

He may well have had help on other occasions......You can't continually keep breaking laws without receiving penalties......

--------
04-12-2012, 04:27 PM
The only thing i am puzzled about from the weekend was to find GOC in the middle of the Hibernian Programme, a very strange decision from the folk at the club who do the Hibernian Official Matchday Programme.

Should have been one of the first team players in the Programme. :agree:

I'm very glad he wasn't.

He started well last season, true. Then we had the soap-opera of the writing-off of his Ferrari and subsequent drugs and fraud charges.

This meant the effective loss to the club of his services (how much did he do in the SECOND half of the season - not a lot) and an ongoing distraction which I'm sure Pat could well have done without.

I know enough to know that he has some very unsavoury associates and that anyone who encounters him when he's out on the town needs to get out of his way sharpish or he and his mates will walk right over them.

He was given a chance to restart his career last season - but he ended up in court on drugs charges. The courts dealt with him lightly in the summer - a mistake, IMO, because it's become very clear that O'Connor's the sort of guy who mistakes leniency for weakness and goes on to take advantage.

IMO the amount of time and effort required to manage players like O'Connor in his present state is out of proportion to the returns they give to the club.

He's a blatantly bad example to the younger players of the squad (they may not be angels themselves but they certainly don't need his negative reinforcement of bad living) and a PR embarrassment to the club as a whole.

He's supposed to be a professional athlete. Could have fooled me. :rolleyes:

As for PF's outburst at the Final - I see no parallel betwen what was no more than a case of the red mist descending and outright criminality. Pat's acknowledged he shouldn't have done it, apologised, and since then has concentrated on moving the team and the club forward.

O'Connor just keeps turning up over and over, always in trouble, always looking for trouble, like the bad penny he is.

Gmack7
04-12-2012, 04:37 PM
i thot he was signing for sellsick

Elephant Stone
04-12-2012, 04:42 PM

Absolute joker.

Looks delighted right enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34IbKD162SQ.

I bumped into him on Easter Road at night after the game and he seemed genuinely heartbroken.

I'll never understand why so many folk on here love to put the boot into our ex players, and good ones at that.

steviehibsleith
04-12-2012, 05:05 PM

Sorry but while GOC was a hibs player then he has a responsibilty at all times to the club and its fans. YOu are correct what he does is his own business but not if hes doing it in public.
Taking cocaine is a apalling example to set to young people, we all know it happens everywhere but sorry not for me a professional footballer. This isnt a isolated incident so its indefensible, also for those saying he needs help think hes been afforded plenty since even Birmingham

Killiehibbie
04-12-2012, 05:09 PM
He may well have had help on other occasions......You can't continually keep breaking laws without receiving penalties......What good will it do to jail him?

Wembley67
04-12-2012, 05:13 PM
What good will it do to jail him?

You being serious? Repeat offenders deserve jail...jail isn't just made up for a laugh, it's there for a reason.

Killiehibbie
04-12-2012, 05:23 PM
You being serious? Repeat offenders deserve jail...jail isn't just made up for a laugh, it's there for a reason.
Jails are meant to be for the rehabilitation of offenders look at the levels of recidivism and tell me it's the right place to send him?

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Looks delighted right enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34IbKD162SQ.

I bumped into him on Easter Road at night after the game and he seemed genuinely heartbroken.

I'll never understand why so many folk on here love to put the boot into our ex players, and good ones at that.

Putting the boot into him??? He only has himself to blame for his situation.....It is not a one off is it?

He could not care less about us, otherwise he would tried harder to rid himself of his "problem"...He didn't and probably won't...However if you say he was heartbroken then he must have been:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Jails are meant to be for the rehabilitation of offenders look at the levels of recidivism and tell me it's the right place to send him?

Maybe send him on a nice family break to Orlando then? That might be better:cb

HFC 0-7
04-12-2012, 05:31 PM

Just because people are repeating a crime after being inside we shouldnt send them there? What about burglars, fraudsters etc should we not send them to prison? I am not saying that he should be sent to prison but saying he shouldnt because people are repeat offending is a strange one. He has received help in the past and he has committed the crime again, would you not send him for more help because it didnt work in the past?

Killiehibbie
04-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Just because people are repeating a crime after being inside we shouldnt send them there? What about burglars, fraudsters etc should we not send them to prison? I am not saying that he should be sent to prison but saying he shouldnt because people are repeat offending is a strange one. He has received help in the past and he has committed the crime again, would you not send him for more help because it didnt work in the past?
Prison sentences are given when an offence is so serious that it is the only suitable punishment.
A prison sentence will also be given when the court believes the public must be protected from the offender.

Is it such a serious offence? Is he a danger to the public?

hibeemikey21
04-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Prison sentences are given when an offence is so serious that it is the only suitable punishment.
A prison sentence will also be given when the court believes the public must be protected from the offender.

Nah mate, having direct involvement in the class a drug trade has no knock on effects felt by law abiders.......

Have a word.

Walter
04-12-2012, 05:42 PM

Well, Edinburgh could be in danger of running out of cocaine with him on the loose

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 05:46 PM
You mentioned GOC laughing after the Final, but that was not what I was referring too.....Or has GOC only started his activities recently?:confused:

Post 42 from you mentioned him going out having a laugh, joke, you mentioned it i replied to it about him laughing an myself going out after the game and enjoying my night, we were talking about what happened on the day of the final and you through in the we dig about criminal activities of others, where did that come from or you just couldn't help yourself with the dig about (others), meaning more than one.

And you know the answer to the last bit of your sentence, along with everyone else so no need to ask me, :rolleyes:, and still Hibs signed him. :confused:

HFC 0-7
04-12-2012, 05:47 PM

Is it illegal? Is it the power of the law to send someone to prison for an offence like this? Has the law previously shown leniency? My original point was finding it strange that you thought that he shouldnt be jailed because there is repeat offending but if thats the case then what would be the point of sending anyone to prison? There are consequences to actions, I am sure Garry would have been told by his lawyers, friends and clubs that if he continued to do this then he could face the jail. Many footballers think they are above the law and can do anything they want, if they dont have any consequences for their actions why would they stop doing what they are doing? He has been in bother with the police over drugs before, been in bother with his club over drugs before, had help with his problem before and is still playing professional football and being paid a good sum of money to give him a lifestyle many of us will never have, so whats there to make him change his ways? If he gets put in jail for this I dont think it should be a surprise as nothing else seems to have worked.

Killiehibbie
04-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Nah mate, having direct involvement in the class a drug trade has no knock on effects felt by law abiders.......

Have a word. I thought he was a guy with a coke habit but it seems he's turned into Pablo Escobar. Maybe that explains the tan.

Elephant Stone
04-12-2012, 05:52 PM
He could not care less about us,
http://i46.tinypic.com/8we93n.jpg
Must've been dragged to the match, he's probably only smiling cause he's pumped full of evil drugs.

However if you say he was heartbroken then he must have been:rolleyes:

I suppose you're right, I only met him, that video of him smiling with Ian Murray after the match tells you a whole lot more.

I won't rest till he's hung. Waster.

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Post 42 from you mentioned him going out having a laugh, joke, you mentioned it i replied to it about him laughing an myself going out after the game and enjoying my night, we were talking about what happened on the day of the final and you through in the we dig about criminal activities of others, where did that come from or you just couldn't help yourself with the dig about (others), meaning more than one.

And you know the answer to the last bit of your sentence, along with everyone else so no need to ask me, :rolleyes:, and still Hibs signed him. :confused:

He was photographed on night of Final in town, didn't seem to be upset. You mentioned the laughing, but in reality that was only a small part of his misdeamours that day.....

If you think he is whiter than white that's cool.....My opinion of him won't change

Others was a typo as we were talking about GOC and PF in that context.....Bit precious are you not?

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 05:58 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/8we93n.jpg
Must've been dragged to the match, he's probably only smiling cause he's pumped full of evil drugs.

I suppose you're right, I only met him, that video of him smiling with Ian Murray after the match tells you a whole lot more.

I won't rest till he's hung. Waster.

Aye OK, it is me thats wrong, GOC doesn't touch the white stuff....Silly me......As an aside I saw him last weekend and he was not looking like he was without some sort of chemical inside him.....Maybe I imagined that though:rolleyes:

Elephant Stone
04-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Aye OK, it is me thats wrong, GOC doesn't touch the white stuff....Silly me......As an aside I saw him last weekend and he was not looking like he was without some sort of chemical inside him.....Maybe I imagined that though:rolleyes:

What are you talking about? I never said he didn't take drugs. I couldn't care less if he did. I said you're wide of the make in saying he "couldn't care less about Hibs".

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 06:02 PM
What are you talking about? I never said he didn't take drugs. I couldn't care less if he did. I said you're wide of the make in saying he "couldn't care less about Hibs".

If he cared about Hibs, do you think he should have been out of condition and revelling on chemicals????

You replied that he must only be smiling because he was pumped full of evil drugs. Then you sarcasticly said you wont rest until he's hung.....Clever

hibeemikey21
04-12-2012, 06:05 PM
I thought he was a guy with a coke habit but it seems he's turned into Pablo Escobar. Maybe that explains the tan.

Do you realise how naiive and narrow-minded that viewpoint is? Think supply and demand. If there is no demand, all the things linked to drugs: murders, robberies to fund habits when usage spirals out of control etc would not take place. Deterrents are in place for a reason.

Or you could just look at it as simply some guy innocently doing a bit of coke, which he is more entitled to do apparently.........

Elephant Stone
04-12-2012, 06:06 PM
revelling on chemicals????

I'm done. Crack on. :faf:

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm done. Crack on. :faf:

Not my thing.......

Killiehibbie
04-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Do you realise how naiive and narrow-minded that viewpoint is? Think supply and demand. If there is no demand, all the things linked to drugs: murders, robberies to fund habits when usage spirals out of control etc would not take place. Deterrents are in place for a reason.

Or you could just look at it as simply some guy innocently doing a bit of coke, which he is more entitled to do apparently.........Get tough on every drug user and build another 500,000 prison spaces. More lives are wrecked through alcohol but that's ok it's legal.

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm very glad he wasn't.

He started well last season, true. Then we had the soap-opera of the writing-off of his Ferrari and subsequent drugs and fraud charges.

This meant the effective loss to the club of his services (how much did he do in the SECOND half of the season - not a lot) and an ongoing distraction which I'm sure Pat could well have done without.

I know enough to know that he has some very unsavoury associates and that anyone who encounters him when he's out on the town needs to get out of his way sharpish or he and his mates will walk right over them.

He was given a chance to restart his career last season - but he ended up in court on drugs charges. The courts dealt with him lightly in the summer - a mistake, IMO, because it's become very clear that O'Connor's the sort of guy who mistakes leniency for weakness and goes on to take advantage.

IMO the amount of time and effort required to manage players like O'Connor in his present state is out of proportion to the returns they give to the club.

He's a blatantly bad example to the younger players of the squad (they may not be angels themselves but they certainly don't need his negative reinforcement of bad living) and a PR embarrassment to the club as a whole.

He's supposed to be a professional athlete. Could have fooled me. :rolleyes:

As for PF's outburst at the Final - I see no parallel betwen what was no more than a case of the red mist descending and outright criminality. Pat's acknowledged he shouldn't have done it, apologised, and since then has concentrated on moving the team and the club forward.

O'Connor just keeps turning up over and over, always in trouble, always looking for trouble, like the bad penny he is.

He was Doddie,that's if you are talking about him being the main picture in the Hibernian from Sunday. Why GOC who isn't even a Hibs player anymore was in it was a strange decision from the club.

Hibs were well aware of the soap opera that would be played out during last season, he had been charged with these things before we signed him, so who's fault was that, Hibs or GOC, Hibs could have said no and saved there self a lot of hassle and bad publicity, but Rod made it clear at the AGM that Hibs look after there own when he gave his we emotional speech about the big guy.

He may keep some dodgy company, but i have never heard of him being violent or aggressive to folk who get in his way up town, he is actually a very approachable guy to speak too.

The second bit in bold, i was talking about the final on the day, nothing else to Baldy, the big chap never got in to trouble with the law that day or night. :aok:

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Sorry but while GOC was a hibs player then he has a responsibilty at all times to the club and its fans. YOu are correct what he does is his own business but not if hes doing it in public.
Taking cocaine is a apalling example to set to young people, we all know it happens everywhere but sorry not for me a professional footballer. This isnt a isolated incident so its indefensible, also for those saying he needs help think hes been afforded plenty since even Birmingham

It sure is but it didn't stop the club from signing him after the the documentary about him and then been charged with possession of a class A drug.

Who is setting the bad example to the young folk.

steviehibsleith
04-12-2012, 06:46 PM
It sure is but it didn't stop the club from signing him after the the documentary about him and then been charged with possession of a class A drug.

Who is setting the bad example to the young folk.

Good point

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Maybe send him on a nice family break to Orlando then? That might be better:cb

I doubt he would be allowed in to Orlando nowadays. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 06:57 PM
I doubt he would be allowed in to Orlando nowadays. :wink:

I never thought that one through did I??:agree:

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 07:04 PM
He was photographed on night of Final in town, didn't seem to be upset. You mentioned the laughing, but in reality that was only a small part of his misdeamours that day.....

If you think he is whiter than white that's cool.....My opinion of him won't change

Others was a typo as we were talking about GOC and PF in that context.....Bit precious are you not?

And Santa will be coming down my chimney in 3 weeks time.

:aok:

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 07:10 PM

FFS Baldy, no one is denying he doesn't touch it, so yes silly you.

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2012, 07:11 PM

He will not be coming down mines, I fear I have mis-behaved this year.....

Lochin
04-12-2012, 07:39 PM

Too much information. :whistle:

basehibby
04-12-2012, 10:19 PM
I think maybe too much has been read into the post cup final stuff - ever heard of the saying "if you didn't laugh you'd cry"?

That said GOC has clearly got a major problem with the old columbian marching powder - and he'll have to take his punishment as he's been dumb enough to get caught (again!!!).
Should that punishment be jail? Well I honestly don't see how that'd greatly help the situation - some sort of enforced rehab and education about the real dangers of cocaine use would be more on the mark - along with a hefty fine of course.

But the main question which should really be asked amongst Hibbies in the wake of this embarassment is would/should we take him back? I'm afraid the answer to that has got to be a resounding NO!

--------
04-12-2012, 10:56 PM
He was Doddie,that's if you are talking about him being the main picture in the Hibernian from Sunday. Why GOC who isn't even a Hibs player anymore was in it was a strange decision from the club.

Hibs were well aware of the soap opera that would be played out during last season, he had been charged with these things before we signed him, so who's fault was that, Hibs or GOC, Hibs could have said no and saved there self a lot of hassle and bad publicity, but Rod made it clear at the AGM that Hibs look after there own when he gave his we emotional speech about the big guy.

He may keep some dodgy company, but i have never heard of him being violent or aggressive to folk who get in his way up town, he is actually a very approachable guy to speak too.

The second bit in bold, i was talking about the final on the day, nothing else to Baldy, the big chap never got in to trouble with the law that day or night. :aok:

Sorry, I think I misunderstood you, sh. I thought you meant you would have had him on the playing-staff and on the team. I really don't think we need the baggage he brings with him right now.

I've never met him myself, but I have spoken to a couple of folks who have and who said he and his mates were pretty overbearing a sort of "don't you know who I am?" routine. If that's an injustice I apologise.

And yes, you're right - we took him on with his court cases pending - I suspect with the hope that he would stay fit and get himself back on track.

Unfortunately we had Calderwood in charge at the time - that's if you can call what he was doing "being in charge" - and he doesn't seem to have been interested enough or willing enough to make the attempt to manage the guy.

But my fear is that he's going to destroy himself if he doesn't get himself sorted out.

bigwheel
04-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Some of the negative comments about Oconnor are out of order on here....If nothing else they guy has perhaps got an addiction problem - he needs support and help - not vilifying

Is this a site full of people who have done no wrong ?

What was your views when he scored the winner against the yams with 10 men or his goal in the Scottish cup victory at Ibrox - the man deserves better support than the tone of a lot of the comments on here..

sadtom
05-12-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm not going to get all judgemental on his recreational habits. If we were to jail everyone who has dabbled in class A drugs then the jails would be busier than the streets. (i can feel the cuffs tightening myself:wink:).
As a professional sportsman, with a reasonably high public profile its a stupid thing to do, its never going to have any other outcome.
I dont doubt his affection for the club and am glad he does want to support the club. He has been a terrific player for us in the past and i hoped he would reach higher heights than he did, though many more talanted then he have fallen further than Garry. I find it really sad that folk are giving him stick on here, i wish the lad well and hope he sorts himself out.
How many folk here that are lambasting him for his ching taking are happy for their 'rock' star heroes to do likewise? I know its not comparing apples with apple but it is still slightly hypocritical.
I only met him a couple of times and he was approachable and pleasant.
When my boys were at the greenshoots just after he signed 2nd time around, Garry along with Ivan were the only two players who hung around after training for a while watching the kids play. When i got home one of my boys told me that when he scored a 'screamer' that G O' shouted 'great goal' and both he and Ivan gave my kid a round of applause. I couldnt get the smile of my sons face for a week. For that alone i hope he retains his liberty and sorts out what he wants to do with his life. Coke is a dangerous drug and i hope what appears to still be recreational use does not become a 'habit'. If it already is a 'habit' then i hope he gets clean.
Be safe Garry, get smart and stay free.

Phil D. Rolls
05-12-2012, 06:57 AM
I've always felt one of the worst side effects of Cocaine is the horrible paranoia that goes with it. You start to think that everyone is deliberately disagreeing with you.

Joy Zipper
05-12-2012, 07:47 AM
I've always felt one of the worst side effects of Cocaine is the horrible paranoia that goes with it. You start to think that everyone is deliberately disagreeing with you.

No they aren't.

Phil D. Rolls
05-12-2012, 09:29 AM
No they aren't.

Yet another wide-o that's got it in for me SNIFF. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
05-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Yet another wide-o that's got it in for me SNIFF. :greengrin

Aparently Garry has had problems getting help.Every time his counsellor phones, he's on another line.

Pedantic_Hibee
05-12-2012, 06:35 PM

The worst side-effect is that it sobers you up and you have to start all over again. Two nights out in one, for the price of three.

Financially crippling.

Phil D. Rolls
06-12-2012, 09:16 AM
The worst side-effect is that it sobers you up and you have to start all over again. Two nights out in one, for the price of three.

Financially crippling.

:agree: Only Heroin is thought to be more addictive and harmful.

tomhorn
06-12-2012, 12:41 PM

Alcohol surely??

Phil D. Rolls
06-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Alcohol surely??

Not really in terms of how quickly it can cause psychiatric problems, and how quickly people can get addicted. One of the things about Coke, is "what goes up must come down". Because it works by stimulating dopamine to an artificially high level, the brain stops its dopamine supply. This means that when the coke wears off, you get a massive crash.

The quickest way to combat this is to take more coke. This can develop into a vicious cycle. Also, going two or three days without sleep is never a good idea.

Pete
06-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Never really cared much for the stuff myself.

Smells nice though,

--------
06-12-2012, 01:56 PM

Dunno about 'harmful', but nicotine's a lot more addictive than heroin or cocaine.

Of course, since most nicotine addicts get their fix by smoking, they get the burn-off from the other substances in the tobacco. And they seriously ARE harmful.

--------
06-12-2012, 02:08 PM

So you've ALWAYS felt this, have you, FR? I DON'T THINK SO. I bet there was a time when you DIDN'T 'always feel' that way. A time when you ALMOST NEVER felt that way. Or maybe NEVER ALMOST felt that way.

Or almost flet always ANOTHER WAY.

AND WHO'S TALKING ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS?

Some of us actually ENJOY feeling paranoid. WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME THAT MY PARANOIA'S "HORRIBLE"? I LIKE BEING PARANOID, YOU HEAR? YOU HEAR?

I ENJOY BEING PARANOID, COS THAT WAY I'M ON MY GUARD AGAINST FOLKS LIKE YOU WHO'RE OUT TO GET ME.

AND THIS IS NO "DELIBERATE" DISAGREEMENT HERE. ALL PURELY INSTINCTIVE - RIGHT FROM THE HEART, SEE?

AND BESIDES, WHO SAYS I'M DISAGREEING WITH YOU?

ARE YOU SAYING I'M DISAGREEING WITH YOU?

I'M NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU.

I'M MERELY POINTING OUT TO YOU THE FACT THAT I'M NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU.

GOT IT?

jacomo
06-12-2012, 02:14 PM
I think maybe too much has been read into the post cup final stuff - ever heard of the saying "if you didn't laugh you'd cry"?

That said GOC has clearly got a major problem with the old columbian marching powder - and he'll have to take his punishment as he's been dumb enough to get caught (again!!!).

Should that punishment be jail? Well I honestly don't see how that'd greatly help the situation - some sort of enforced rehab and education about the real dangers of cocaine use would be more on the mark - along with a hefty fine of course.

But the main question which should really be asked amongst Hibbies in the wake of this embarassment is would/should we take him back? I'm afraid the answer to that has got to be a resounding NO!

Nope. Jailing people for personal drug use is counter-productive, expensive and stupid.

The "War on Drugs" has been lost. In America they eventually understood that alcohol prohibition was doing more harm than good and stopped it. It's time to do the same for all drugs.

Phil D. Rolls
06-12-2012, 03:04 PM
So you've ALWAYS felt this, have you, FR? I DON'T THINK SO. I bet there was a time when you DIDN'T 'always feel' that way. A time when you ALMOST NEVER felt that way. Or maybe NEVER ALMOST felt that way.

Or almost flet always ANOTHER WAY.

AND WHO'S TALKING ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS?

Some of us actually ENJOY feeling paranoid. WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME THAT MY PARANOIA'S "HORRIBLE"? I LIKE BEING PARANOID, YOU HEAR? YOU HEAR?

I ENJOY BEING PARANOID, COS THAT WAY I'M ON MY GUARD AGAINST FOLKS LIKE YOU WHO'RE OUT TO GET ME.

AND THIS IS NO "DELIBERATE" DISAGREEMENT HERE. ALL PURELY INSTINCTIVE - RIGHT FROM THE HEART, SEE?

AND BESIDES, WHO SAYS I'M DISAGREEING WITH YOU?

ARE YOU SAYING I'M DISAGREEING WITH YOU?

I'M NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU.

I'M MERELY POINTING OUT TO YOU THE FACT THAT I'M NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU.

GOT IT?

You talking to me, I don't see anyone else here, so you must be talking to me.:confused:

Evidence differs on the different drugs and harm they do - here's a Scottish study.

http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/2/4/e000774.full

My feeling is that anything that interferes with neurotransmitters is a dangerous drug.

Nope. Jailing people for personal drug use is counter-productive, expensive and stupid.

The "War on Drugs" has been lost. In America they eventually understood that alcohol prohibition was doing more harm than good and stopped it. It's time to do the same for all drugs.

Legislation should be based on "least harm" - sending people to jail just makes things worse. It is costly as well. A more mature approach is needed.

Killiehibbie
06-12-2012, 03:25 PM

The "War on Drugs" has been lost. In America they eventually understood that alcohol prohibition was doing more harm than good and stopped it. It's time to do the same for all drugs.You can't say things like that i've already been called narrow minded and naive.

theonlywayisup
13-12-2012, 08:22 PM
It really keeps getting worse for GOC. Whatever next! Did this happen before he joined Hibs?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/top-stories/ex-hibs-star-garry-o-connor-in-court-in-handcuffs-1-2689359

FORMER Hibs striker Garry O’Connor appeared in court in handcuffs as he admitted speeding at 100mph. He pleaded guilty after being caught on the A74 near Lockerbie last year.

The Scotland star, who now plays Russian side Tom Tomsk, was fined a total of Ģ750 and given five points on his licence.

A warrant for his arrest had been issued after he failed to appear for trial at Annan JP Court last month. O’Connor, 29, formerly of Gullane, East Lothian, appeared at Dumfries JP Court yesterday, handcuffed to a security guard.

He was fined Ģ450 on the speeding charge and a further Ģ300 for his failure to appear. He had initially denied the charge. His lawyer told the court he was driving to Birmingham at the time.

hfc rd
13-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Blimey! What on earth is wrong with this guy? In the papers for the wrong reasons yet again.

andrew70
13-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Blimey! What on earth is wrong with this guy? In the papers for the wrong reasons yet again.

Unfortunately, given his 'celebrity' status as a footballer these offences are ending up in the paper. However the big guy needs help. He's a very likeable guy who has some issues he neither should be abused because of this or celebrated as some kind of hero but I hope he manages to sort himself out.

It's worrying seeing how this is going for him. It may not be popular with some but good luck Garry, I hope u get the help u need and take it on board.

Matty_Jack04
14-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Unfortunately, given his 'celebrity' status as a footballer these offences are ending up in the paper. However the big guy needs help. He's a very likeable guy who has some issues he neither should be abused because of this or celebrated as some kind of hero but I hope he manages to sort himself out.

It's worrying seeing how this is going for him. It may not be popular with some but good luck Garry, I hope u get the help u need and take it on board.

You can't help someone who won't help himself, he had help at hibs, he had support at hibs, he choose not to take it which is why he was eventually emptied and won't be returning

superfurryhibby
14-12-2012, 08:34 AM
You can't help someone who won't help himself, he had help at hibs, he had support at hibs, he choose not to take it which is why he was eventually emptied and won't be returning

There is no denying what you say. There are clearly deep rooted issues affecting for GOC.

Addiction has many forms and our world offers vice as routine. Other have highlighted that we endorse alcohol and nicotine and clearly there are enormous social costs attached to them, albeit that business and our government make vast profits from their pedaling. I suspect that prescription medication abuse causes considerably more damage than cocaine in this country. WE could debate it endlessly.

I find it sad that people are so willing to condemn someone who is so damaged. In the wider world it happened to folk like Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty. Ok, they may have acted recklessly but did they, like GOC, really harm anyone more than they did themselves. There are far bigger villains out there than the poor fools who choose the path of self destruction.

Famous Fiver
15-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Will he be in Behind the Goals today?

Will he jump the queue?

Golden Bear
15-12-2012, 08:27 AM

Will he jump the queue?

:tsk tsk:

Lucius Apuleius
15-12-2012, 08:35 AM

Will he jump the queue?

Nae chance! Silver will be watching for him.

HH81
15-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Nae chance! Silver will be watching for him.

I don't think his eyes stretch from Yorkshire :-)

Lucius Apuleius
15-12-2012, 08:44 AM
I don't think his eyes stretch from Yorkshire :-)

WTF is he doing there?

HH81
15-12-2012, 08:46 AM
WTF is he doing there?

No idea....

Lucius Apuleius
15-12-2012, 09:03 AM
No idea....

Ah well, sure he will have his spies out. :greengrin

Stantons Angel
15-12-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm not going to get all judgemental on his recreational habits. If we were to jail everyone who has dabbled in class A drugs then the jails would be busier than the streets. (i can feel the cuffs tightening myself:wink:).
As a professional sportsman, with a reasonably high public profile its a stupid thing to do, its never going to have any other outcome.
I dont doubt his affection for the club and am glad he does want to support the club. He has been a terrific player for us in the past and i hoped he would reach higher heights than he did, though many more talanted then he have fallen further than Garry. I find it really sad that folk are giving him stick on here, i wish the lad well and hope he sorts himself out.
How many folk here that are lambasting him for his ching taking are happy for their 'rock' star heroes to do likewise? I know its not comparing apples with apple but it is still slightly hypocritical.
I only met him a couple of times and he was approachable and pleasant.
When my boys were at the greenshoots just after he signed 2nd time around, Garry along with Ivan were the only two players who hung around after training for a while watching the kids play. When i got home one of my boys told me that when he scored a 'screamer' that G O' shouted 'great goal' and both he and Ivan gave my kid a round of applause. I couldnt get the smile of my sons face for a week. For that alone i hope he retains his liberty and sorts out what he wants to do with his life. Coke is a dangerous drug and i hope what appears to still be recreational use does not become a 'habit'. If it already is a 'habit' then i hope he gets clean.
Be safe Garry, get smart and stay free.

Ive trailed through this thread and the above post seems to be the only sensible one on it. For God's sake why dont you all leave it be? Gary has been stupid and if he has a problem let him deal with it.

Yes he is one of our own and we signed him with both court cases hanging over him. Petrie knew there would be bad press coming out of the court cases what ever the outcome. Yes Petrie did say he would be looked after and he was looked after.

IMHO Gary is a professional footballer with too much money to spend on the wrong things. He has a lot of dodgy friends and seems to be easily influenced by them.
BUT if that big gormless laddie had not been in a green and white shirt that season we would be playing in the Scottish First Division and you would all be moaning about that too. His goals at the start of the season kept us in the Premier League and helped get us to that horrific cup final too.

Everyone reacts differently to stress and after the cup final the smiles may have been a cover for the embarrassment he felt at letting the supporters down?

He is now in the limelight again and will not have the backing of the club to deal with all the crap around him. Let him get on with it, he is old enough now to realise he will have to stand on his own two feet and take the consequences that will be coming.

There is nothing any of us can do on here to help him through this. If it was one of your mates you would be trying to understand and help him through it.
There is no doubting his allegiance to the club, he is one of our own.

Just remember what the above poster tells you about his son "i couldnt get the smile off his face" and lets remember the smiles he put on our faces too.

Give him a break and lets help him through this problem and hope it helps him before he destroys his life for ever! GGTTH!

superfurryhibby
15-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Ive trailed through this thread and the above post seems to be the only sensible one on it. For God's sake why dont you all leave it be? Gary has been stupid and if he has a problem let him deal with it.

Yes he is one of our own and we signed him with both court cases hanging over him. Petrie knew there would be bad press coming out of the court cases what ever the outcome. Yes Petrie did say he would be looked after and he was looked after.

IMHO Gary is a professional footballer with too much money to spend on the wrong things. He has a lot of dodgy friends and seems to be easily influenced by them.
BUT if that big gormless laddie had not been in a green and white shirt that season we would be playing in the Scottish First Division and you would all be moaning about that too. His goals at the start of the season kept us in the Premier League and helped get us to that horrific cup final too.

Everyone reacts differently to stress and after the cup final the smiles may have been a cover for the embarrassment he felt at letting the supporters down?

He is now in the limelight again and will not have the backing of the club to deal with all the crap around him. Let him get on with it, he is old enough now to realise he will have to stand on his own two feet and take the consequences that will be coming.

There is nothing any of us can do on here to help him through this. If it was one of your mates you would be trying to understand and help him through it.
There is no doubting his allegiance to the club, he is one of our own.

Just remember what the above poster tells you about his son "i couldnt get the smile off his face" and lets remember the smiles he put on our faces too.

Give him a break and lets help him through this problem and hope it helps him before he destroys his life for ever! GGTTH!

You obviously didnīt read my post on GOC then:wink:

Stantons Angel
15-12-2012, 11:56 AM
You obviously didnīt read my post on GOC then:wink:

I must have gotten so cheesed off before i reached it. Im sure it must have been most interesting.

Sorry.

superfurryhibby
15-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I must have gotten so cheesed off before i reached it. Im sure it must have been most interesting.

Sorry.

I forgive you. Itīs still there so feel free to read.

Must say the levels of vengeful nonsense on the issue of GOC and his "issues" appalls me. He or she who casts the first stone nīthat.

I agreed with what you said:aok:

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2013, 09:54 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-21048982

Former Hibernian, Lokomotiv Moscow and Birmingham City footballer Garry O'Connor has pleaded not guilty to charges that allege he was caught by police possessing cocaine.

The Crown also claims that, when officers detained him, Mr O'Connor provided them with a false address and tried to pervert the course of justice.

i can see the big man ending up in a lags eleven team, if not this time, he seriously needs tae screw the nut

Russell The Dug
16-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Feel very sorry for the big man. He's got a serious problem.

JollyGreenGiant
16-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Feel very sorry for the big man. He's got a serious problem.

:agree:

Agreed, seems like a nice guy, but sounds like he really needs to grow up.

steviehibsleith
19-01-2013, 09:40 AM
His appeal failed yesterday relating to his May2011 conviction for possesing cocaine and obstructing police - todays daily record.
Considering for this offence he has to carry out 200 hours community service think if he isconvited of the upcoming trial in july for drug offences he will be looking at jailtime.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-01-2013, 09:57 AM
I've just looked out my window and I'm guessing big Gaz blew his nose whilst doing a parachute jump in the early hours of this morning......

Jamesie
19-01-2013, 11:18 AM
His appeal failed yesterday relating to his May2011 conviction for possesing cocaine and obstructing police - todays daily record.
Considering for this offence he has to carry out 200 hours community service think if he isconvited of the upcoming trial in july for drug offences he will be looking at jailtime.

Had always wondered how he was managing to play in Russia while doing community service in Scotland but the appeal will have put that on hold until it was determined.

eastmainsmsh
19-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Ive known Garry since he was a young lad he is from a nice family ...he is a down to earth easy going big lad its a shame what has become of his career as he is a quality player just hope he can get help and get back playing again . He needs to have a think as he has a young family cmon Garry get sorted and get back to salvaging what time you have left id love to see him back at hibs :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
19-01-2013, 04:57 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-21090842

Former Scotland footballer Garry O'Connor has had his conviction for possessing cocaine upheld by appeal court judges.

Following the appeal judges' decision advocate depute Ashley Edwards asked them to re-impose the community payback order on O'Connor, which had been suspended.

They agreed to do so and he must now complete 200 hours of community service

his community service might include clearing the snow off the pavements, he would still be involved with the white stuff then :whistle: