PDA

View Full Version : Yams Relegation

Sergey
03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Surely this must be a possibility - even without a points deduction.

I had a small bet at 100/1 prior to the season starting.

:cb

Mikey
03-12-2012, 02:50 PM
I've got them at 100/1 as well :agree:

iwasthere1972
03-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Be good if they had to go to Dundee on the last day of the season needing a draw to stay up and Dundee bring on a sub with the score at 0-0.

Hibercelona
03-12-2012, 02:53 PM
What do you mean a "small" bet?

They're absolute stick ons. Get yer cash shoveled in! :cb

Hibercelona
03-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Be good if they had to go to Dundee on the last day of the season needing a draw to stay up and Dundee bring on a sub with the score at 0-0.

And its a new boy that they signed in January, who just happens to have the surname kidd. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
03-12-2012, 02:56 PM
And its a new boy that they signed in January, who just happens to have the surname kidd. :greengrin

Who is he? What did he do?

SmashinGlass
03-12-2012, 03:01 PM
It's a distinct possibility. I've got a ton on an ante post treble for league winners. Took Barca, Juve and Man City, returns 1,300. I may have to shovel money on the yams relegation as City are letting me down right now. Thanks for the tip :agree:

Mikey
03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Sadly, they aint 100/1 any more :greengrin

Hibbyradge
03-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Problem is, bookies aren't accepting large stakes and the odds have shortened considerably.

Mikey
03-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Just checked. They're currently 11/4 second favourites at Bet Victor.

Sean1875
03-12-2012, 03:09 PM

fantastic :faf:

brog
03-12-2012, 03:13 PM

They were also 2nd faves on Sunday & justified that position!!

TrinityHibs
04-12-2012, 01:47 PM
I think we all know that Hertz struggle to score goals in open play but to be fair they have been able to defend reasonably well which is shown by the fact they have the second best defensive record in the SPL. However as they are going to be forced to get rid of their top earners Webster and Zaliukas in the near future it will leave a huge gap needing to be filled. They have also lost one of their better full backs for the rest of the season with a ligament injury so the future of Hertz in the SPL will be relying on McHattie to be the defensive rock on which other SPL teams will founder. In summary they do not have a goalscorer, do not have an effective midfield, have no defence, have got no money, have a transfer embargo and are managed by Uncle Fester. 11/4 looks like a good bet to me if Dundee get to play them another couple of times.

hibeedonald
04-12-2012, 02:18 PM

Shame it wasn't on Betfair as you would be able to lay it off for good cash.

Russell The Dug
04-12-2012, 03:36 PM

Would be even better if it was Nicky Riley :wink:

steviehibsleith
04-12-2012, 03:43 PM
If they lose ryan mcgowan and webster (only 2 salable players IMO) in the january transfer window relagation is definetely on the cards. The team would then consist of a none existant strikeforce a poor midfield and a rank defence/goalie.
Boy im enjoying life just now best xmas for years :thumbsup:

Aldo
04-12-2012, 03:56 PM
If they lose ryan mcgowan and webster (only 2 salable players IMO) in the january transfer window relagation is definetely on the cards. The team would then consist of a none existant strikeforce a poor midfield and a rank defence/goalie.
Boy im enjoying life just now best xmas for years :thumbsup:

They'll no get much for either of them as they are free to leave in the summer. I would think come Jan there will be a few if the higher earners leaving regardless if how long they have left.

Webster, slyoookus, R. McGowan, No icovac(SPL) Driver will bring in 350,000 at mist between them in Jan.

dchibs
04-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Sadly, they aint 100/1 any more :greengrin

even money:greengrin

Makaveli
04-12-2012, 05:11 PM
The value on the relegation bet has long gone but you can still get McGlynn to be the next SPL manager to go @ 7/2 from Paddy Power.

Even though they can't afford to sack (or pay) him, he'll surely be gone by the end of January one way or another...

DC_Hibs
04-12-2012, 05:28 PM
If they lose ryan mcgowan and webster (only 2 salable players IMO)

Who's going to give money for Webster? He was in such demand when last available for free that he would probably be with us now if they didnt do their usual and offer him better money they dont have.

A decent SPL defender who would do a good job for us but unlikely to be inundated with offers from down south after his last spell there...despite Levein picking him recently!

Hertz better hope they do get offers as these money grabbing d!cks will be happy to see out the remainder of the season on their inflated wages which many will have no chance of getting elsewhere or again.

They have already cashed in on anyone worth a bolt. They will raise as much from cake and candy stalls as they will from their squad (of fann!es)

CRAZYHIBBY
04-12-2012, 05:34 PM

Not likely .....if that were to become a possibility then im sure alex salmond and his jambo government mates would appeal to the sfa to change the league.

weonlywon6-2
04-12-2012, 05:49 PM

As much as i would love for them to be relegated i doubt they will.They can defend with what they have just now and that will be enough to see them safe.If they lose key players in January then that could be the difference between staying up and been relegated

Sergey
04-12-2012, 08:20 PM
The more I read and the more I learn about their financial shortfall and ongoing money worries - I honestly can't see how they can avoid a points deduction for entering administration.

Does anyone know how many points will be docked?

Kato
04-12-2012, 08:30 PM
I don't really care either way, although if they went down I'd take a huge amount of glee from their plight. :devil::devil:

If the league expands and they are still around for league games, bring them on. They are rubbish and are only going to get rubbisher.

jonty
04-12-2012, 08:33 PM
The more I read and the more I learn about their financial shortfall and ongoing money worries - I honestly can't see how they can avoid a points deduction for entering administration.

IIRC, its a third of last years points total - rounded up. 18 rings a bell.

Wee Scottie Dug
04-12-2012, 08:37 PM

It's 18 pts, being a third of last seasons total ..... Rounded up.

Don't see admin happening though, as they should stutter through to end of season . . . If only the sfa would grow a pair and punish them for failing to pay wages/tax on time we might see a smaller points deduction . . . :rolleyes:

Tynie01011973
04-12-2012, 08:40 PM

Think it was recently changed from the 10 points to the bigger of 15 points OR 1/3rd of the previous seasons total [ 52pts]

:greengrin

Sergey
04-12-2012, 08:43 PM
An 18 point deduction, as the league stands, puts them on the grand total of :0:

Mikey
04-12-2012, 08:51 PM
With a team of McHattie's I don't think avoiding a points deduction will make any difference. They'll be bottom by the time the Easter Bunny hops by, perhaps sooner.

NOLA
04-12-2012, 09:08 PM
more chance of us winning that cup than of them getting relegated, if the leagues getting reconstructed then theres no relegation i thought? :dunno:

Mikey
04-12-2012, 09:09 PM
more chance of us winning that cup than of them getting relegated

Not according to the bookies :wink:

Leithenhibby
04-12-2012, 09:11 PM
more chance of us winning that cup than of them getting relegated, if the leagues getting reconstructed then theres no relegation i thought? :dunno:

The reconstruction wouldn't kick in until 13/14 season at the earliest, I think, may even be later than that :wink:

Leithenhibby
04-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Not according to the bookies :wink:

:aok: :greengrin

SmashinGlass
04-12-2012, 09:12 PM
I would tend to agree with Mikey and Sergey on this. Perilous financial situation which will result in either (or both) having to field a team of kids or an 18pt reduction. I'd be worried if I was a yam.

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 09:57 PM

Easy money Sergey. :agree:

Hibs Class
04-12-2012, 10:02 PM
They will scrape a 1-0 here and there but as we saw on sunday they really are not very good. I will be quite surprised if they stay up - based on what I've seen recently Dundee are a better team.

#FromTheCapital
04-12-2012, 10:06 PM
My arse would be twitching like a rabbits nose if (god forbid) I was a jambo. Dundee have now proven that they can win games in the spl (especially against hearts) so will have their sights on getting off the foot of the table. Hearts already have a pish squad and everything suggests that it will get even worse in January. Dundee will take a boost from this if/when it happens.

TrinityHibs
04-12-2012, 10:07 PM
An 18 point deduction, as the league stands, puts them on the grand total of :0:

If you round it down that gives 1 but mibbees thats another thread. They are still red hot favourites for the drop

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 10:18 PM
My arse would be twitching like a rabbits nose if (god forbid) I was a jambo. Dundee have now proven that they can win games in the spl (especially against hearts) so will have their sights on getting off the foot of the table. Hearts already have a pish squad and everything suggests that it will get even worse in January. Dundee will take a boost from this if/when it happens.

And don't forget the mounting injury list that they have just now, sure i heard there freaky manager on the news tonight that they have 5 first team players out injured after Sundays game, tough keek eh, it just isn't looking good for them staying in the SPL after this season.

matty_f
04-12-2012, 10:33 PM
They're a very poor team. 1st division standard at best.

#FromTheCapital
04-12-2012, 10:35 PM
And don't forget the mounting injury list that they have just now, sure i heard there freaky manager on the news tonight that they have 5 first team players out injured after Sundays game, tough keek eh, it just isn't looking good for them staying in the SPL after this season.

Yip, relegation would be the final nail in the coffin also. No way they would be able to pay all their bills and service such a huge debt whilst getting pumped off the likes of Cowdenbeath and Livingston every week. No tv money, no decent away support and no doubt a lower home support. Would spell the end. Their only real hope is to pick up as many points as possible before they lose some players in January but seeing as they haven't scored from open play in over a month then that will not be an easy task. I'm also fairly certain that Dundee will use January to strengthen their squad seeing as they had a very limited time in the summer to do so.