PDA

View Full Version : Surely no?

hibbysam
03-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned yet, But..

Look back at the last time we played Them at Hampden, That semi final, they went on to win the cup that season.

We then played them in the CIS cup the following season at Easter Road and Calum Murray referee and beat them 1-0 before going on to lift the cup.

We lost last season in the final.

We then play them the following season at Easter road with Murray referee again and beat them 1-0?

Just putting it out there though!:flag:

FifeHibernian
03-12-2012, 12:49 PM
A nice thought but it means nothing! Heard to much of this before the final to ever believe it again!

Hibercelona
03-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Some hibees like to believe in the Scottish Cup Jinx.

I'll believe in the omens thank you very much. :aok:

CropleyWasGod
03-12-2012, 12:51 PM

Look back at the last time we played Them at Hampden, That semi final, they went on to win the cup that season.

We then played them in the CIS cup the following season at Easter Road and Calum Murray referee and beat them 1-0 before going on to lift the cup.

We then play them the following season at Easter road with Murray referee again and beat them 1-0?

The last time we beat them in the Cup, we went to the Final.

hibbysam
03-12-2012, 12:51 PM
A nice thought but it means nothing! Heard to much of this before the final to ever believe it again!

Very, Very strange though..

TornadoHibby
03-12-2012, 01:01 PM

Ahhhh.....the 81% flair - 19% hoofball game where we should have scored a good few more goals than the ONE we did manage which was enough to take us through!! :wink: :greengrin

Whatever will be will be but if we retain Claros, Griffiths and McGivern until then, with McPake, Clancy and Deegan back match fit also, then we will be a very difficult side to beat IMO! :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2012, 01:01 PM
I am not a believer in omens, I just take each game as it happens....

Viva_Palmeiras
03-12-2012, 01:35 PM
I am not a believer in omens, I just take each game as it happens....

Ah the Savile approach ;)

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Ah the Savile approach ;)

Now then, now then......:tsk tsk:

TornadoHibby
03-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Now then, now then......:tsk tsk:

Unexpectedly amusing nevertheless when that name was mentioned in despatches by Section 43 during the game yesterday! :greengrin :wink:

brog
05-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Ahhhh.....the 81% flair - 19% hoofball game where we should have scored a good few more goals than the ONE we did manage which was enough to take us through!! :wink: :greengrin

Whatever will be will be but if we retain Claros, Griffiths and McGivern until then, with McPake, Clancy and Deegan back match fit also, then we will be a very difficult side to beat IMO! :agree:

I was looking at our team for the 81% game the other day. Our used subs were Fletch, Benji & Boozy!!! If Carlsberg did subs!! Of course all 3 played in the final with 4 goals from F & B. I think we're still a tad off that quality but we're on the up!

Mr White
05-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Interesting to compare both Edinburgh clubs Scottish cup final results since the 80's. Hearts lost 3-0 then 5-1 in 86 and 96, we lost 3-0 then 5-1 in 01 and 12. By my calculations we're due to win the cup next season with a 2-1 win.

#FromTheCapital
05-12-2012, 04:39 PM
No believin anymore omens they're a load of *****! If the team play well enough and we get a bit of luck then we'll win the cup. Nothing else matters.

Diclonius
05-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Interesting to compare both Edinburgh clubs Scottish cup final results since the 80's. Hearts lost 3-0 then 5-1 in 86 and 96, we lost 3-0 then 5-1 in 01 and 12. By my calculations we're due to win the cup next season with a 2-1 win.

Hearts lost 5-1 to Rangers. By that logic, we should beat Hearts 2-1 in the 2014 final. :paranoid:

Mr White
05-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Hearts lost 5-1 to Rangers. By that logic, we should beat Hearts 2-1 in the 2014 final. :paranoid:

Aye but they'll not be getting near a cup final again any time soon, even the ramsdens cup will be out of their reach.