PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere

er75
03-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Considering we have been critical and come in for alot of stick regarding our stadium dj recently I think the club got it 110% right yesterday!

the stadium was jumping and the best atmosphere we have had for a long time!

The boo's from the the **** when the 6-2 game was announced shows we got right under their skins!

The idea of playing tunes after goals definiately is a nice touch! Although I know many of us probs wouldn't have heard it....the decision to play Gangman Style was genius just gutted that Lee wasn't on the pitch to do it with Spoony!
The atmosphere at full time was absolutely superb! :thumbsup::thumbsup:Well done I just hope that the same efforts are put in our other games and not just against our rivals or Celtic!

Hibercelona
03-12-2012, 01:48 PM
I noticed he played the 3 songs I mentioned at half time, in the exact order as well! :eek:

He obviously reads on this site. :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
03-12-2012, 01:50 PM
What were the odds against all 3 half time draw numbers containing the combination 7-0? :greengrin

TrinityHibs
03-12-2012, 01:51 PM
I noticed he played the 3 songs I mentioned at half time, in the exact order as well! :eek:

I said that yesterday

Tom Hart RIP
03-12-2012, 01:52 PM
I was in the West Upper. At full time when SOL was playing, I happened to look at the Directors Box.
Rod Petrie was standing on his own watching the fans in the East and he was singing along with the fans. Nice touch

WheresTheBevvy?
03-12-2012, 01:55 PM
and it was a good idea with Jones and Co coming on at half time

they didnt like the cis cup goal being mentioned either :aok:

but then again they do that to us just about every PBS derby

yeezus.
03-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Really wish I had a seat in Secton 43... but that was one of the best days I've had at Easter Road, great atmosphere and we beat the Yams. Hopefully we can get the same attendance for Septic on the 29th.:flag:

er75
03-12-2012, 01:57 PM
and it was a good idea with Jones and Co coming on at half time

they didnt like the cis cup goal being mentioned either :aok:

but then again they do that to us just about every PBS derby

to hear everyone singing when they played the tune was class the big man must of enjoyed that

LancashireHibby
03-12-2012, 02:04 PM
The idea of playing tunes after goals definiately is a nice touch! Although I know many of us probs wouldn't have heard it....the decision to play Gangman Style was genius just gutted that Lee wasn't on the pitch to do it with Spoony!
Had absolutely no idea there was music played after the goal yesterday. Not keen on post-goal music as a rule though.

er75
03-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Had absolutely no idea there was music played after the goal yesterday. Not keen on post-goal music as a rule though.

I think yesterday was a good touch but agree that it can become a bit much on games when atmosphere is lesser than it was!

lucky
03-12-2012, 02:52 PM
When the whole Hibs support was singing green army I reckon that's got to be the loudest its been at ER since AEK game. Cracking atmosphere especially last 10 minutes

er75
03-12-2012, 03:15 PM
When the whole Hibs support was singing green army I reckon that's got to be the loudest its been at ER since AEK game. Cracking atmosphere especially last 10 minutes

havent known people to stay behind that long for a long time!

It's just ashame we now have two weeks to wait until we are back!

kentao
03-12-2012, 03:20 PM
i think SOL shoulda been played earlier before people started drifting off. still its the worst derby ive watched but chuffed how it ended.

GGTTH

Hibees ya bas
03-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Totally agree best atmosphere since AEK game, shame it has taken x amount of years, the east stand was officially opened yesterday! just prooves the new east can be every bit if not better than the old, plus at least we are not stuck behind the pillars! only ever going to get an atmosphere like that against hearts or old firm so Hibs V Celtic games might be only atmosphere for after xmas!

NewHibby
03-12-2012, 09:47 PM

Only small criticism, he miss timed Sunshine on Leith at kick off.

Diclonius
03-12-2012, 09:48 PM

Same, was too busy losing my voice. In retrospect it was a nice touch for those who could hear it. :greengrin

ScottB
03-12-2012, 10:01 PM
The only thing with bringing the guys out at half time was missing them being stuck in the hellish, and ultimately futile effort queuing for a pie.

It was my one criticism of the day, granted it was busier than normal, but the worlds slowest moving catering staff combined with having no food would have cost the club lost income and made me miss a chance to sing the Rob Jones song!

LeighLoyal
03-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Wasn't at the game but the Hibs fans were very noisy throughout on my tv. Massive club I guess. :agree:

PatHead
03-12-2012, 10:10 PM
The only thing with bringing the guys out at half time was missing them being stuck in the hellish, and ultimately futile effort queuing for a pie.

It was my one criticism of the day, granted it was busier than normal, but the worlds slowest moving catering staff combined with having no food would have cost the club lost income and made me miss a chance to sing the Rob Jones song!

Catering is outsourced so Hibs will not lose out on income. Not good there aren't enough pies though.

erin go bragh
03-12-2012, 10:10 PM
What were the odds against all 3 half time draw numbers containing the combination 7-0? :greengrin
Hahaha ,i noticed that , brilliant :agree:

ggtth

Brebners Bookie
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM

If we start playing music after goals i might cry. Tackiest thing around if you ask me.

Diclonius
03-12-2012, 10:29 PM
If we start playing music after goals i might cry. Tackiest thing around if you ask me.

We've been doing it for years.

Brebners Bookie
03-12-2012, 10:35 PM
We've been doing it for years.

Not after every goal though? If we have i honestly have not heard it.

er75
04-12-2012, 10:22 AM

i think if the right tunes are chosen and its not too repetitive in terms of song choice then it could add that little bit extra atmosphere

dchibs
04-12-2012, 10:55 AM

yes was my only complaint as well, I Missed start of the second half ,and no food left with a lot of fans still behind me. HIBS REALLY NEED TO GET THIS SORTED:flag:

Elephant Stone
04-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Much to be improved on regarding tunes! I didn't appreciate Black Eyed Peas or The Fratellis one bit. Enjoyed Slade though :agree:

Cabbage East
04-12-2012, 11:02 AM
I didn't even hear the music after the goal due to the radge celebrations but they can bolt if they start doing that after every goal. That's the fans time to make noise, not some contrived song over the PA system.

Glorious
04-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Did anyone else notice he played "Sweet Child O' Mine" all the way through at half time - great tune but had me scratching my head, that one!

Brebners Bookie
04-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I didn't even hear the music after the goal due to the radge celebrations but they can bolt if they start doing that after every goal. That's the fans time to make noise, not some contrived song over the PA system.

Exactly this. Nothing makes me cringe more and hated it when we used to do it a few years back.
The crowd make enough noise for a goal.

Gatecrasher
04-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Did anyone else notice he played "Sweet Child O' Mine" all the way through at half time - great tune but had me scratching my head, that one!

Not every song needs a reason to have it played, its just a good song.

Keith_M
04-12-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm sure we used to get 'Teenage Kicks' played after each goal during the 'Golden Generation' era, when all the young guys were coming through.