PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v Hearts

hibsbollah
03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
At the risk of getting abuse for being negative after one of our sweetest wins ever...

Williams 7

Stevenson 6 I like Lewis but was surprised to hear Pat singling him out for praise postmatch. Not as good as recent weeks but never gave up.
Hanlon 7
McGivern 9 magnificent
Maybury 4 again, im usually first to stick up for him but his positioning was woeful yesterday. Never got the system sorted out with Wotherspoon.

Cairney 6 Not as good as recently
Claros 5 Bullied by Barr throughout
Taiwo 5 The usual. Tidy. unseen work.
Wotherspoon 4. aw OK 10 :greengrin Probably his poorest game of the season but who cares?

Doyle 4 hes off form, no doubt.
Griffiths 6 No service.

All the subs worked, Caldwell worked hard, Ivan worked hard and looked dangerous, and after we scored we never looked like conceding. Absolutely delighted, but we need those three players back.

blaikie
03-12-2012, 12:13 PM
At the risk of getting abuse for being negative after one of our sweetest wins ever...

Williams 7

Stevenson 6 I like Lewis but was surprised to hear Pat singling him out for praise postmatch. Not as good as recent weeks but never gave up.
Hanlon 7
McGivern 9 magnificent
Maybury 4 again, im usually first to stick up for him but his positioning was woeful yesterday. Never got the system sorted out with Wotherspoon.

Wotherspoon 4. aw OK 10 :greengrin Probably his poorest game of the season but who cares?

Griffiths 6 No service.

All the subs worked, Caldwell worked hard, Ivan worked hard and looked dangerous, and after we scored we never looked like conceding. Absolutely delighted, but we need those three players back.

Couldn't agree more with that, We worked hard and never gave up. Really solid looking team we have.

ChilliEater
03-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Hard to argue with that. Thought Maybury was honking and McGivern was MoM. Others were pretty poor, but not shocking. Would excuse the strikers due to lack of service.
fantastic result though, and thats what matters :thumbsup:

heretoday
03-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Williams and McGivern were standouts for me too. Draw a veil over the whole first half performance especially Stevenson and Maybury whom I thought awful though they dug in a bit in the second half.

Not impressed by Claros at all. Overrated IMO.

hibee_girl
03-12-2012, 12:17 PM

Williams 7

Hanlon 7
McGivern 9 magnificent

Griffiths 6 No service.

Agree with everything there but Stevenson, he was in the running for my MOM. He won everything in the air that came his way, no mean feat considering he's the smallest player on the pitch, he had some great challenges and some brilliant passes. Genuinely can't think of anything that he did wrong yesterday.

03-12-2012, 12:17 PM
We didn't play particularly well yesterday but we won and thats all that matters at the end of the day. I'd rather win scrappy than play like Barcelona and get beat.

Hibercelona
03-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Maybury was certainly the weakest link in defence. Hearts kept launching/hoofing the ball down that side of the pitch and getting players in behind him time and time again.

Claros didn't look too clever either and kept passing the ball straight back to them after doing all the hard work to win possession. But I don't think he's overrated as I've seen him play far better than that.

Our 2 central defenders were fantastic I think and gave them absolutely nothing in the box (early header aside).

Doyle needs to up his game big time. He certainly has the ability to score some top notch goals, but he was almost non-existent yesterday.

Griffith's tried hard as always but was often out crowded and had a lack of support from midfield.

Not a great game, but we just about managed the basics and thats what got us the win in the end.

hibbytam
03-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Williams and McGivern were standouts for me too. Draw a veil over the whole first half performance especially Stevenson and Maybury whom I thought awful though they dug in a bit in the second half.

Not impressed by Claros at all. Overrated IMO.

Wasn't his best game, but he's been one of the stars of the season.

essexhibee
03-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Williams 7- Crucial early save at his feet from Paterson that could have changed the game massively inside 2 mins as well as from Zaliuskas flick. Confident witht the ball at his feet. Mis judged the cross from Novikovas that hit the post but I'll let him off.

Stevenson 7- Battled hard throughout the game and didn't let himself get bullied.

McGivern 9 - Absolute Rock. Won everything in the air looked assured and composed throughout the whole game.

Hanlon 7 - Nearly put it through his own net accidently but other than that solid performance and kept Paterson quiet.

Maybury 4 - Novikovas skinned him every time 1st Half. Nearly gifted Hearts a goal (yet again) trying to cut out a cross. Kept hitting it long aimlessly all game. Not the answer need Clancy back.

Cairney 6 - Never really in the game and runs he tried failed to come off. Wonderful cross field pass however for the goal. Always tried never hid.

Claros 5 - For me very poor. Bullied to easily and too many miss placed passes.

Taiwo 6 - Tidied up well. Personally not sure him and Claros work well together - too lightweight.

Wotherspoon (6)10 - As with Cairney. Not really in the game and wasteful at times but put in some lovely crosses. He gets an aggregate mark of 10 for a goal that finally ended three years of hurt.

Griffiths 6 - Looked lively at the start and chased everything including mugging off Zaliuskas in the corner when he never gave up the chase. Dangerous crosses provided and even killed a jambo. Looked heartbroken to be going off.

Doyle 5- Didnt contribute enough and looks to have lost form.

Subs

Sproule 6 - Great sub. Ran at hearts, broke the game up and helped run down the time. Much better from Ivan.

Caldwell 5 - Strayed offside few times but made a good run when he skinned Zal and held up the ball well. Boy has a future in the game for sure.

FromTheCapital
03-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Williams (7) - Made a couple great stops at 0-0. came out and collected crosses instead of flapping at them.

Maybury (4) - Poor again defensively. Think it helped when Novikovas went off as Driver wasn't much danger.
Hanlon (7) - Excellent game. Won everything in the air. Best game this season I think.
McGivern (9) - WOW. Easily man of the match. Been a brilliant signing and hopefully we can somehow keep him.
Stevenson (7) - Best game so far this season. Kept their winger quiet and seemed to do not alot wrong.

Wotherspoon (6/10) - Played ok at best... BUT, because he ended their streak you could give him a 10 ;).
Claros (6) - Mixed bag. Worked hard to get possesion and worked hard but passing was surprisingly poor.
Taiwo (7) - Best game in a Hibs shirt for me. Composed on the ball and gave everything he had.
Cairney (6) - Been off the past couple of weeks. He'll come good again sometime soon though.

Doyle (5) - Needs to lift his game big time. Another weak performance yesterday.
Griffiths (6) - Came off early. Injury isn't too bad. Didn't get good service from midfield.

Think we defended brilliantly and that one goal was always going to win it! Glad it hit off of Zaliukas as I hate that prick with a passion!

Anyway, The Hibs Go Marching On!

:pfgwa