PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone take visitors along yesterday?

hibs0666
03-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Question for anyone that took a visitor along yesterday. How did they enjoy the game, bearing in mind that the match was Tom Kite, the atmosphere was good and we hit them with a dull yin with 6 minutes to go? :thumbsup:

Shaggy
03-12-2012, 11:39 AM
I took my step son...
hes a Celtic fan (15), but has been at least to dozen Hibs matches and he loves it.

Even been regularly to Darkheid,
His favourite atmospheres was Bolton a couple o years ago, Brian Kerr 0-1 at Tynny, and yesterday...
He may yet turn from the Darkside..

GreenArmyyy!
03-12-2012, 11:42 AM
I was out in town on Saturday night and got talking to a tourist who was in Scotland for the first time from south London ( of course he's a man united fan), anyway I convinced him to come to the game and took him to section 43, he said it was the best atmosphere he had seen even over the premiership so I've told him to spread the word. Another member added to the family I think! GGTTH!

hibee_girl
03-12-2012, 11:45 AM
I took my Grandad along yesterday, he's only been to one game since the cup final and even though it was a crap game he, like the rest of us, had a grand old time :greengrin

He's coming to Celtic game at the end of the month and if we get a home tie in the cup ill be dragging him along then too :greengrin

hibs0666
03-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I was out in town on Saturday night and got talking to a tourist who was in Scotland for the first time from south London ( of course he's a man united fan), anyway I convinced him to come to the game and took him to section 43, he said it was the best atmosphere he had seen even over the premiership so I've told him to spread the word. Another member added to the family I think! GGTTH!

Glad he enjoyed it! :thumbsup:

ScottB
03-12-2012, 12:38 PM
We had a Killie fan with us who certainly throughly enjoyed the atmosphere!

HH81
03-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I brought my Brother, Newphew and Sister BF up from Halifax so 3 extra tickets sold and everyone of they have said they will be back. :thumbsup:

.SeventyFive
03-12-2012, 12:40 PM
We had a Killie fan with us who certainly throughly enjoyed the atmosphere!

Yeah he totally loved it! We both pretty much broke our thumbs hitting the back of the FF stand.

JollyGreenGiant
03-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Took the wife along as she hassled me to get her a ticket.

She loved it, and wants to go to more - trying to explain that not all the games are as good as last night :wink:

LancashireHibby
03-12-2012, 12:42 PM
I brought my Brother, Newphew and Sister BF up from Halifax so 3 extra tickets sold and everyone of they have said they will be back. :thumbsup:
Even when they were sat next you?! :wink:

HH81
03-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Even when they were sat next you?! :wink:

:greengrin

FifeHibernian
03-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Brought 3 Celtic fans and a hibee who hasn't been to a game since he was about 10. We got seats right at the front of Sect 43 and they all absolutely loved it! All thought it was a great atmosphere

Dashing Bob S
03-12-2012, 12:55 PM
The way forward for the club is for everybody to make more of an effort to do this. We're on the way up and the air of the gloom is dispelled. Hibs is a great social package, there is an increasingly variety of bars and restaurants in a three mile radius of the ground, and its a friendly, knowledgeable crowd, which, more importantly, generates a great atmosphere in a modern, comfortable stadium with excellent sightlines. Almost everybody I've taken over the years have told me that its a great day out, and some have developed great affection for the club.

Let's dig out a lapsed Hibby, a visiting friend or relative, and if you're going with kids and have some spare cash, drag one of their culturally deprived friends along.

All these things can make a huge difference, not just now but over the years.

G-Reg
03-12-2012, 01:00 PM
I've adopted a Londoner (he is a Gooner) that has relocated to Edinburgh for work, he bought a strip at the start of the season and has now been to nearly every home game and even a few away games but yesterday standing in section 43 the atmosphere blew him away, he has the bug for Hibs now and is looking at buying a half season ticket.

FifeHibernian
03-12-2012, 01:00 PM
The way forward for the club is for everybody to make more of an effort to do this. We're on the way up and the air of the gloom is dispelled. Hibs is a great social package, there is an increasingly variety of bars and restaurants in a three mile radius of the ground, and its a friendly, knowledgeable crowd, which, more importantly, generates a great atmosphere in a modern, comfortable stadium with excellent sightlines. Almost everybody I've taken over the years have told me that its a great day out, and some have developed great affection for the club.

Let's dig out a lapsed Hibby, a visiting friend or relative, and if you're going with kids and have some spare cash, drag one of their culturally deprived friends along.

:agree:

WestEndHibee
03-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Question for anyone that took a visitor along yesterday. How did they enjoy the game, bearing in mind that the match was Tom Kite, the atmosphere was good and we hit them with a dull yin with 6 minutes to go? :thumbsup:

Me and my flatmate took another two flatmates along with us and sat them in the East by section 43, felt a bit sorry for them just as it was looking like 0-0 but when that goal went in they were going as mental as the rest of the stand. They came away singing allez allez allez oh all the way home. They'll be back for sure.

hibs0666
03-12-2012, 01:54 PM

Amen to that, sir.

I've started taking a friend's wee laddie along (not yesterday though, his mammy still worries about the big games). If we want to enjoy the big crowd atmosphere, and see club flourish, it's in the hands of all of us to get the place filled on a regular basis. :thumbsup:

Cabbage East
03-12-2012, 04:39 PM
The Spartak Moscow fans had a good day like :greengrin

sbell1875
03-12-2012, 04:49 PM
The girlfriend went along as she regularly does when not working. Since getting together in July 2009 it is the first time we've beaten them.

To say she was surprised by my reaction to the goal is an understatement. I went absolutely radge mental!

hibeedonald
03-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Brought 3 Celtic fans and a hibee who hasn't been to a game since he was about 10. We got seats right at the front of Sect 43 and they all absolutely loved it! All thought it was a great atmosphere

Took 2 Celtic fans also who were in 43! And my flatmate who is neutral, and will be coming to the next round.

EdinMike
03-12-2012, 07:11 PM
My Auld man brought a guy from his work, Guy from Dublin who is a (shock) Celtic supporter but we convinced him to come along. Gave him a Hibs top which he wore without any convincing. And he was well into the celebrations before, during and well after the game. He had a great day out and said he'll come back.

We made a good impression yesterday, atmosphere and result wise.

ScottB
03-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I think the atmosphere in general and especially the renditions of Sunshine on Leith would get any neutral in the crowd firmly on our side!

hfc rd
03-12-2012, 07:58 PM
My mate brought two of his German mates from Munich over for the game. They are both Bayern Munich ST holders. It was their first ever football match in Scotland and they thoroughly enjoyed it. They thought the match was boring but the atmosphere was just as good as the atmosphere in the Bundesliga and the pair of them are now wanting a friendly to be organised in the summer between both teams as they think the atmosphere would be stunning in a Hibs v Bayern Munich game! Said when we dropped them off at the airport this morning is that they will spread the word of Hibernian FC right round to their fellow Bayern Munich fans at home. Respect.

Devilstorment
03-12-2012, 08:18 PM
I took my Mrs along who was with a Jambo (he only had one ball!) at the time of the 4-0 semi final defeat. She says that the atmosphere at ER was great yesterday and that the Hibs fans are a much better bunch than the yams. She cant wait to go back to a game!!

converted!

shetlandhibee
03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Me, mum and granny came down for it. Its the best match I've been to since the CIS cup final:thumbsup:I think I'll come to the cup match and dad might be takin me down for the next derby:thumbsup::top marks

Ggtth

exHIBition
03-12-2012, 10:39 PM
I was a 'visitor' myself at the game. I made my way from Ireland to the game with a mate and it has me already planning my next trip. It may not not be until January but I can not wait!! Superb atmosphere.....superb people.

I want to say a big thanks to the Hibs fan whom I say jumping into a taxi after the match and I asked him if he would let us share the cab into the city centre and the lad, whose name was Colin welcomed us aboard and we had a great chat on the way into town and he got the taxi driver to drop us right at my sister's doorstep which just happens to be no more than a five minute walk from Tynecastle. He was so over the moon with the result and delighted that a couple of lads would come from Ireland for the game he refused to take money from us and insisted on paying for the cab.

Thanks for the experience Hibs and as I said I can't wait to be back!!

FifeHibernian
03-12-2012, 10:42 PM
I was a 'visitor' myself at the game. I made my way from Ireland to the game with a mate and it has me already planning my next trip. It may not not be until January but I can not wait!! Superb atmosphere.....superb people.

I want to say a big thanks to the Hibs fan whom I say jumping into a taxi after the match and I asked him if he would let us share the cab into the city centre and the lad, whose name was Colin welcomed us aboard and we had a great chat on the way into town and he got the taxi driver to drop us right at my sister's doorstep which just happens to be no more than a five minute walk from Tynecastle. He was so over the moon with the result and delighted that a couple of lads would come from Ireland for the game he refused to take money from us and insisted on paying for the cab.

Thanks for the experience Hibs and as I said I can't wait to be back!!

Good stuff :thumbsup:love hearing stuff like this!

Mr White
04-12-2012, 06:53 AM
I ended up with a spare ticket next to me in the east about an hour before kickoff. Sold it to a boy from dundee who was at the ticket office. He was a Celtic fan but a sound one, he'd come down with his wife, dropped her at John Lewis and headed along to the game. Said he didn't mind hibs but really hated hearts. Got right behind the team with the rest of us, went nuts at the goal and wished us well in the cup. Top lad.