PDA

View Full Version : Traynor's "tatty-bye" tantrum, now off to Sevco

s.a.m
03-12-2012, 10:44 AM
....unfortunately only seems to be leaving print journalism, though. I'm in two minds about whether to link this, and indulge him, or whether he's best ignored.

Here goes - you can make your own minds up:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-traynor-why-this-is-my-last-ever-newspaper-1470416?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Pretty Boy
03-12-2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-traynor-why-this-is-my-last-ever-newspaper-1470416

Bye Jim, don't let the door hit your fat erse on the way out.

The way he tries to paint himself as some moral guardian of sports journalism is particularly nauseating.

Keith_M
03-12-2012, 10:49 AM
I couldn't decide whether it was funny or sad, TBH. He's leaving journalism while hitting out at every thing and everybody.

He really doesn't like these 'Anonymous Bloggers' that 'call themselves journalists'. What about a guy that failed to see, hear or write about the biggest story in football for decades until it was so obvious to everyone he had no choice. He wouldn't know Sporting Integrity if it jumped up and bit his Succulent Lamb.

Saorsa
03-12-2012, 10:52 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-traynor-why-this-is-my-last-ever-newspaper-1470416

Bye Jim, don't let the door hit your fat erse on the way out.

The way he tries to paint himself as some moral guardian of sports journalism is particularly nauseating.**** wouldnae ken what journalism was if it walked up and gave him two right hooks.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-12-2012, 10:54 AM
No following this up. Saw Daily Record and newspaper in the same headline and sussed an obvious error.

AlbertK86
03-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Good Riddance Jim

you are one of the most annoying journos ever.... woops sorry forgot we're not allowed to slag you oh great one

close the door on yer way out ya bam

lord bunberry
03-12-2012, 11:04 AM
....unfortunately only seems to be leaving print journalism, though. I'm in two minds about whether to link this, and indulge him, or whether he's best ignored.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-traynor-why-this-is-my-last-ever-newspaper-1470416?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

What a load of self indulgent pish

Ozyhibby
03-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Another cancer in our game removed.

O'Rourke3
03-12-2012, 11:11 AM
I used to enjoy reading him the the Herald where he seemed to make decent unbiased points. Was amazed when he made the move from the broadsheets to the comics. However sports editor of the Record must be one of the highest paid jobs in Scottish Newspapers so perhaps a no brainer. Disappointed by how quickly he got into the "house style" though and fast became one of Minty's mouth pieces. Would be interested in a no holds barred biography though. He will know where the stories were buried since he buried them.

Spike Mandela
03-12-2012, 11:13 AM
The Sevco Summer proved this man was an irrelevance and a dinosaur. Years of having our news filtered through his and his kinds various agendas. New media ripped to shreds his articles seconds after they were published removing their spin and inaccuracies. So bitter it has made him that at the end of a 37 year in newspapers his final column is used to have a go at the new media and to stick up for poor old THE Rangers.

Jim your time is up, don't let the door hit your fat arse on the way out!

Purple & Green
03-12-2012, 11:15 AM
I think too much succulent lamb is clouding his judgment.

Peevemor
03-12-2012, 11:18 AM
What a load of self indulgent pish

I concur.

--------
03-12-2012, 11:33 AM
I used to enjoy reading him the the Herald where he seemed to make decent unbiased points. Was amazed when he made the move from the broadsheets to the comics. However sports editor of the Record must be one of the highest paid jobs in Scottish Newspapers so perhaps a no brainer. Disappointed by how quickly he got into the "house style" though and fast became one of Minty's mouth pieces. Would be interested in a no holds barred biography though. He will know where the stories were buried since he buried them.

I met him once years ago when he came out to Tiree to cover the very first Tiree Wave Classic wind-surfing competition.

He was sent out by the Herald to do a piece on the effect three or four hundred wind-surfers were having on a small island community. It was my first parish and he asked for an interview. I think he was looking for a culture-clash story between the laid-back hippy surfers and the uptight Calvinist Hebridean Bible-thumpers. Sort of Whisky Galore on surfboards.

We sat down over a cup of coffee and I explained that first, the islanders were absolutely delighted that they had been given the opportunity to let out their holiday cottages at £300 a week through October. (Cash transactions were the norm, I believe.) And extra £1,000 to £1,500 at a time of the year when there was no other income coming in was very welcome.

Then we talked about the impact the surfers were having on the crofting. One golden rule, I said - don't drive your vans over the grazing on the machairs. You frighten the sheep and cattle and cut up the turf. Keep on the beaten tracks and there's no problem.

"Is that all?" said Jim.

"Yup," I said, "and remember that on single track roads you have to exercise a degree of good manners. Don't force other drivers off the road or someone'll eventually decide to sort you out."

Once he realised that Tiree folks weren't living back in Para Handy days and had the sense to see that wind-surfing could be a huge boost to the island economy, and that the surfers were sensible folks who only wanted to enjoy their sport and get on with the locals, he settled down and wrote a very good article which painted a true and accurate picture of what was going on. Everyone quoted accurately and an open and objective piece of journalism. I really liked him.

Then he went to the Record and turned into a tumshie. :rolleyes:

DarrenSQH
03-12-2012, 11:46 AM
I thought he was meant to support airdrie?

One of the best things about rangers going down is they seem to have taken Traynor with them.

Hiber-nation
03-12-2012, 11:46 AM

Aye its amazing how he seemed to change overnight and he's got worse and worse as the years go by, changing into a sad, bitter and twisted old fool.

Liked the "sporting integrity" quote - looks like Rod has really got to him!

brog
03-12-2012, 11:47 AM
I met him once years ago when he came out to Tiree to cover the very first Tiree Wave Classic wind-surfing competition.

He was sent out by the Herald to do a piece on the effect three or four hundred wind-surfers were having on a small island community. It was my first parish and he asked for an interview. I think he was looking for a culture-clash story between the laid-back hippy surfers and the uptight Calvinist Hebridean Bible-thumpers. Sort of Whisky Galore on surfboards.

We sat down over a cup of coffee and I explained that first, the islanders were absolutely delighted that they had been given the opportunity to let out their holiday cottages at £300 a week through October. (Cash transactions were the norm, I believe.) And extra £1,000 to £1,500 at a time of the year when there was no other income coming in was very welcome.

Then we talked about the impact the surfers were having on the crofting. One golden rule, I said - don't drive your vans over the grazing on the machairs. You frighten the sheep and cattle and cut up the turf. Keep on the beaten tracks and there's no problem.

"Is that all?" said Jim.

"Yup," I said, "and remember that on single track roads you have to exercise a degree of good manners. Don't force other drivers off the road or someone'll eventually decide to sort you out."

Once he realised that Tiree folks weren't living back in Para Handy days and had the sense to see that wind-surfing could be a huge boost to the island economy, and that the surfers were sensible folks who only wanted to enjoy their sport and get on with the locals, he settled down and wrote a very good article which painted a true and accurate picture of what was going on. Everyone quoted accurately and an open and objective piece of journalism. I really liked him.

Then he went to the Record and turned into a tumshie. :rolleyes:

Ah Doddie, I thought you were still in a haze then you redeemed yourself with your last line!
I'm sure ( very deep down ) Traynor's a decent guy, but like all these self indulgent supposed journos they live in the weedgie bubble so life in the outside world's a complete mystery to them. Hugh Keevins last week suggested Kenny Miller would get abuse from Hibs fans if he returned to ER. Bye Jim & take that other idiot Keevins with you!

--------
03-12-2012, 12:02 PM
[/B]Ah Doddie, I thought you were still in a haze then you redeemed yourself with your last line!
I'm sure ( very deep down ) Traynor's a decent guy, but like all these self indulgent supposed journos they live in the weedgie bubble so life in the outside world's a complete mystery to them. Hugh Keevins last week suggested Kenny Miller would get abuse from Hibs fans if he returned to ER. Bye Jim & take that other idiot Keevins with you!

I actually thought at the time that he had the potential to be a very good sports journalist indeed. Maybe not Hugh McIlvanney, but certainly another Ian Archer or John Rafferty.

The corroding influence of the Glasgow Tabloids/Old Firm mafia, I suppose.

mim
03-12-2012, 12:10 PM

What a complete and utter hun apologist fanny. :rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
03-12-2012, 12:11 PM
****ing tremendous news - I just felt the world getting lighter.

As much of a loss to journalism as Stephen Hawking was to 5 a side football.

Sycophantic prick.

Spike Mandela
03-12-2012, 12:12 PM
All joking aside but rumour doing rounds on the twittersphere that it is actually TRUE that he is taking up a role as marketing/PR guru at 'The Rangers'.

Shouldn't be too much of a role change for him should it.

ballengeich
03-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Even his last article contains the fallacy that the FTTT totally cleared Rangers of misuse of EBTs. Internet rumours that he's taken a job at Ibrox could just be true. The difference there under Green is that, whatever the menu advertises, he'll get served mutton and corked red.

Teuchter Hibbie
03-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Contrast this fat idiot with a proper sports journalist like Tom English

LeighLoyal
03-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Is he leaving because he, for whatever reason, outed himself as a tub thumping Rangers supporter and the DR has a massive Celtic readership? The two hardly gel do they. And he's deluded that the first tier is the end of the BTC matter, far from it. I also doubt he could stomach the title stripping about visit his vile club, so stepped down wisely.

Sammy7nil
03-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Will he still be on the BBC ? I hate him on the phone in he interupts everyone and cuts you off he does not agree with your opinion.

LeighLoyal
03-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Will he still be on the BBC ? I hate him on the phone in he interupts everyone and cuts you off he does not agree with your opinion.

Hopefully it will just be Cosgrove from now on, or a new sidekick. We don't need a Sevco fan on a show that's about the SPL anyway.

poolman
03-12-2012, 12:45 PM

Jeezo, is he not right up himself, arrogant smug prick :agree:

green glory
03-12-2012, 01:27 PM
As it says on the tin. Head of PR and marketing. You couldn't make it up.

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2012, 01:30 PM

Sounds like a formalisation of the role he’s being doing for the last few years?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Turned his hobby into a job at last.

jacomo
03-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Jeezo, is he not right up himself, arrogant smug prick :agree:

His last newspaper column, a chance to leave with dignity and head held high, perhaps pass on a few wee pieces of wisdom to aspiring or trainee journalists. Instead he hands out this pathetic drivel.

Oh dear oh dear. I hope this is the last we hear from him but probably not.

hibs0666
At least it explains a lot of the crap he has been spouting, right through to his final piece today.

JimBHibees
Sounds like a formalisation of the role he’s being doing for the last few years?

Absolutely. Quite incredible really. What a corrupt rag him the DR is, what with him and Jackson.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Thought rats were supposed to desert a sinking ship not get on board.

Beefster
03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
If he has gone to Sevco, it's astonishing that the Record has let him use his last column to start the job early.

PatHead
03-12-2012, 01:59 PM
If he has gone to Sevco, it's astonishing that the Record has let him use his last column to start the job early.

Why they have been doing it and will continue to for years

Boyle89
03-12-2012, 02:18 PM
I got bored half way down when I realised it was yet more stuff about rangers. JT can be ok on the radio, probably cause he has to be balanced, but I much prefer English and cosgrove. Don't read the record so no loss to me.

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2012, 02:22 PM
JT is a total balloon, only problem for my is he still gets to vent his spleen on the radio.....

Hibercelona
03-12-2012, 02:25 PM
The Daily Record is a stepping stone for anybody who wants to work with Rangers.

It's hardly breaking news this...

magpie1892
03-12-2012, 02:37 PM

Apparently staying with BBC but I don't see that as compatible in even the short term with employ at Rangers.

I think he's made a wise choice in quitting the Record as he was was becoming increasingly irrelevant and then there was the succlent lamb incident, which just won't go away.

I don't think he's in any way suited to PR, and I've met 100s...

Caversham Green
03-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Apparently staying with BBC but I don't see that as compatible in even the short term with employ at Rangers.

I think he's made a wise choice in quitting the Record as he was was becoming increasingly irrelevant and then there was the succlent lamb incident, which just won't go away.

I don't think he's in any way suited to PR, and I've met 100s...

Do you think he would have had to give three months' notice of leaving the Record, or would he have been on a period contract?

Pretty Boy
03-12-2012, 02:47 PM
What's all this pish about Rangers and their fans 'saving the club'?

Did they not 'save' their club by liquidating the company with debts and screwing creditors, some of them small businesses, out of cash whilst setting up a brevity and carrying on as though nothing has happened.

That's not worthy of credit, that's disgusting.

JimBHibees
03-12-2012, 02:57 PM
JT is a total balloon, only problem for my is he still gets to vent his spleen on the radio.....

Not now surely if he has job with Rangers.

Ryan91
03-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Hopefully he is forced to leave his Job at the BBC as he now actually works for a club and isn't a journo any more.

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Not now surely if he has job with Rangers.

He has nailed his colours to the mast now, and "impartiality" goes out the window.....We already knew his persuasions anyhow, odious wee man.....

Viva_Palmeiras
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Do you think he would have had to give three months' notice of leaving the Record, or would he have been on a period contract?

Is that not only if you are leaving to go to a competitor? He's just moved location surely :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
03-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Hopefully he is forced to leave his Job at the BBC as he now actually works for a club and isn't a journo any more.

The Beeb don't appear to have a problem in employing people with conflicts of interest - there are a number of pundits who are also football agents if that is not a conflict of interest I don't know what is - instant access to a captive audience to big up or plant unsettling seeds. Fortunately most of them are half-wits.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Unsurprisingly he neglects to mention the bloggers are filling a void the "journalists" failed to report on - the strangle-hold is broken hopefully. I do have concerns about journalists/non-journalists reporting what they purport to be "facts" however I do wonder how many "sports writers" are actually qualified journalists? The ones I think are qualified are Traynor* (unfortunately), Aidan Smith, English, Spiers, and "agent provocateur" Jackson*

* although perhaps just certified or certifiable :)

jacomo
03-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Here's Alex Thomson's explanation of "succulent lamb" journalism, with help from Graham Spiers if anyone wants a reminder:

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/succulent-lamb-menu-questions/1010

I find it astonishing that Traynor is lashing out, clearly the faux-contrition when it turned out Craig Whyte wasn't quite the man he said he was was exactly that - fake.

He should be embarrassed at calling himself a journalist.

bigwheel
03-12-2012, 04:21 PM
What a terrible choice for Sevco - good for everyone else though - do they really think an old school Journo is going to drive their brand and revenue growth through his approach to PR and Marketing - brilliant ! Haha

Great to get his personal opinion , rather than decent analysis , off the pages and airwaves though !

Bill Milne
03-12-2012, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=DarrenSQH;3434878]I thought he was meant to support airdrie?

Probably why he has stood down, now that he has outed himself as a full on Bluenose!!

Alan62
03-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Haha. Head of PR and Marketing. What will he know about marketing? Hopefully, we'll never hear from him again.

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2012, 04:36 PM
I couldn't decide whether it was funny or sad, TBH. He's leaving journalism while hitting out at every thing and everybody.

He really doesn't like these 'Anonymous Bloggers' that 'call themselves journalists'. What about a guy that failed to see, hear or write about the biggest story in football for decades until it was so obvious to everyone he had no choice. He wouldn't know Sporting Integrity if it jumped up and bit his Succulent Lamb.

He mentions Bucharest. Funny, but I feel this year has been rather like the year the iron curtain came down. The establishment has been smashed, and the old order are bitter that their reign has come to an end.

And, yes, what was this colossus of journalism's role in the biggest story for decades? He behaved like a reporter from Pravda at the height of Stalinism. Where has he been whilst the Yams have cheated their way to success? Bye Jim, you are a self centred, egotistical mess that has thought the story is him for too long.

I reccomend you read Chris Evans "mea culpa" about how an unfettered ego can bring ruin on the person that owns it. He is particularly scathing about people that resign in public.

LeighLoyal
03-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Shameful that the Daily Record, and to a lesser extent the BBC, allowed this bloated Sevco propagandist to spout his one sided drivel for so long. You'd think some editorial control would have been exercised, but no, they even allowed the snake one last pro Sevco rant. Vile.

hibsbollah
03-12-2012, 05:22 PM
The Sevco Summer proved this man was an irrelevance and a dinosaur. Years of having our news filtered through his and his kinds various agendas. New media ripped to shreds his articles seconds after they were published removing their spin and inaccuracies. So bitter it has made him that at the end of a 37 year in newspapers his final column is used to have a go at the new media and to stick up for poor old THE Rangers.

Jim your time is up, don't let the door hit your fat arse on the way out!

Couldnt have put it better.

Seveno
03-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Is there any independent confirmation yet that he has taken a job with Sevco.

Famous Fiver
03-12-2012, 06:04 PM
BBC Sportsond? is about to start.

Interesting to see if he 'appears'

Can't see how he can combine the two jobs. A mouthpiece for one half of the old firm will not go down well with the other half and as for the rest of us.........

I can feel 'an angry listener' e-mail coming on.

Beefster
03-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Is there any independent confirmation yet that he has taken a job with Sevco.

Don't think so.

northgreen24
08-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Jim Traynor ...................................just confirms what we all knew already such a corrupt media, thank god for the various blogs / independent reporting that gave the truth on the old rangers story

Jim44
08-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Despicable creature. I hope he won't be continuing in his BBC phone-in job or has he already resigned from that?

lucky
08-12-2012, 07:12 AM
A marriage made in heaven. It just confirms what we have always known

bighairyfaeleith
08-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Only in Scottish football would this be possible

Jim44
08-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Is it true that Chick Young has publicly supported the boycott of the D. Utd. v The Rangers game? Looks like Traynor/Young was a double act after all.

northgreen24
08-12-2012, 07:48 AM
That's what I thought. We are expected to believe in independent journalist without an agenda ..............

the ranger issue had happened in a pre bloging era we would never have heard anything about it

Steve-O
08-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Jim Traynor ...................................just confirms what we all knew already such a corrupt media, thank god for the various blogs / independent reporting that gave the truth on the old rangers story

Hasn't he been in this job for many years now?

Pretty Boy
08-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Fat, arrogant, ignorant and from Airdrie.

Seems a perfect fit for the huns.

Jim44
08-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Fat, arrogant, ignorant and from Airdrie.

Seems a perfect fit for the huns.

Losing one team is careless, losing two is unforgivable. :-). Or was the Airdrie thing just a smokescreen?

northgreen24
08-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Hasn't he been in this job for many years now?

:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
08-12-2012, 08:10 AM
:angeldevi:

Need a variation on this smiley....

Do we have a rangers jabba the hutt smiley?

MoscowHibs
08-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Guy's a tw@t.And a despicable one at that. Simples.

Skanko79
08-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Horrible, vile man with a totally blinkered view on our game. shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the papers.

Jim44
08-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Horrible, vile man with a totally blinkered view on our game. shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the papers.

I'm fine with him representing The Rangers in any media form. We know now for certain that he is a The Rangers mouthpiece and not a Scottish hack commenting on Scottish football news with a balanced view.

lord bunberry
08-12-2012, 10:36 AM

I hope i never hear from him again but i fear i may be disappointed

snooky
08-12-2012, 12:32 PM

"There are none so blind as those who will not see". Matthew Henry (1662 - 1714)

Incidentally Craig Forbes in the Scotsman (back page) today writes "Rangers will celebrate the club's 140th year today ....etc"
He must have missed the obit last summer.

down-the-slope
08-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Traynor the mouth of The Rangers now - bet he will get full co-operation from the rest of the media :rolleyes:

AlbertK86
08-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Confirmed himself as what we all thought - ERSE

Should have seen it coming after his rant about how bad SEVCO and OLDCO have been treated

What a plum

Diclonius
08-12-2012, 12:49 PM
The big question is - who's fronting Your Call now?

down-the-slope
08-12-2012, 12:51 PM

nobody...its binned

Paisley Hibby
08-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Who is Jim Traynor?:confused:

Caversham Green
08-12-2012, 01:27 PM

The reason I asked this was that if he was on notice then everything he wrote and said on air over the last 3-4 months can be completely disregarded since he was not in a position to make a comment as an impartial journalist.

A responsible newspaper would have either waived his notice period or put him on gardening leave rather than let him spread propaganda for his new job at their expense. Whatever the case there was a clear conflict of interest in his actions over the past few months.

s.a.m
08-12-2012, 01:57 PM

It says on the BBC website that they're going to replace it with a new programme.

Jim44
08-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Traynor the mouth of The Rangers now - bet he will get full co-operation from the rest of the media :rolleyes:

Yes, but only from the aficionados of succulent lamb. The likes of Ghlen Ghibbons and, down south, Alex Thomson won't stand for his nonsense.

hibs0666
08-12-2012, 02:10 PM
No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died.

- James Traynor, 13 June 2012.

Diclonius
08-12-2012, 02:16 PM
It says on the BBC website that they're going to replace it with a new programme.

Ah. Same programme, different name most likely. If Chick Young gets it then I'll be raging.

James70
08-12-2012, 02:54 PM
No surprise, he has been a Rangers puppet for many years. They should just call the new programme "Old Firm Points of View" as no other fans ever get much of a look in anyway.:rolleyes:

CMac1988
08-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Ah. Same programme, different name most likely. If Chick Young gets it then I'll be raging.

If it doesn turn out to be the same programme then I would like to see Tom English get a go at the helm.

basehibby
08-12-2012, 04:58 PM
:bye::na na: Bye bye Traynor - what a bitter and twisted fud he has proved himself to be with this parting cannonade - how incredibly surprising he has been offered a job at Sevco :rolleyes:

Him and the blustering jakey Charles Greene will no doubt get on like a house on fire concocting paranoid conspiracies between them over suculent lamb dinners about how the rest of Scottish Football is out to get them!

Alfred E Newman
08-12-2012, 05:28 PM

The only bit of good news I heard on the radio today. Traynors phone in was hellish to say the least.
Lets just go back to a full results service between 5pm and 6pm like they used to have. The whole sportsound programme is far too long anyway.

jdships
08-12-2012, 06:32 PM
No surprise, he has been a Rangers puppet for many years. They should just call the new programme "Old Firm Points of View" as no other fans ever get much of a look in anyway.:rolleyes:

:top marks
Fortunately have only been in his company twice and he was boring to say the least : the conversation never got past Rangers/Glasgow
If he had a catchphrase it would be
Bull****: This is the the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

hughio
08-12-2012, 06:43 PM
What a relief we won't have to listen to this silly wee man any more except in the context of "official" Rankers apologist.:rolleyes:

(Its not even an interesting story except to the dinasaurs of Scottish fitba press.)
And what a self-indulgent piece of pish to finish with!:blah::blah::blah:

Good riddance .You deserve each other.

heretoday
08-12-2012, 07:08 PM
The only bit of good news I heard on the radio today. Traynors phone in was hellish to say the least.
Lets just go back to a full results service between 5pm and 6pm like they used to have. The whole sportsound programme is far too long anyway.

You are right. Traynor was embarrassing at times, especially when he tried to flirt with his wee female sidekick whatever her name was.

Hank Schrader
08-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Fat odious cant.

Jonnyboy
08-12-2012, 07:29 PM
JT and Rangers are well suited. A third division journo working for a third division club

Malthibby
08-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Great news if the BBC is going to be a Traynor-free zone. He's been comprehensively outed
& run away to Mummy Smith shouting the big bad bloggers did it.
Good riddance.
GG

LeighLoyal
08-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Traynor before he was bought off with Sevco gold.

"No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress this up, a newco = a new club. when the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died."

Jim Traynor

Let's hear the new Sevco minister of propaganda release that statement!
:aok:

Hibs On Tour
08-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Erse. Would maybe have some respect for his journalistic integrity and impartiality if he hadn't just jumped right into bed with the subject of his dear john letter to DR readers.

leggeto
08-12-2012, 11:07 PM
wonder if anyone put a bucket of shyty water above the exit door, that would make me piss ma pants:greengrin:flag:

Holmesdale Hibs
09-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Great news if the BBC is going to be a Traynor-free zone. He's been comprehensively outed
& run away to Mummy Smith shouting the big bad bloggers did it.
Good riddance.
GG

I like Traynor on your call so wouldn't want him to leave the BBC. I find him quite funny and good a winding up thick weejies. A lot of his points are valid although I can see how the provokative way he presents can be annoying. But if Traynor leave it'll just mean more time for Chick Young, which can't be a good thing.

Don't care about him leaving the Record - its Tam Kite and I never it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Looking forward to seeing Traynor rolling out his anti-bigotry strategy. Driving out the sectarian element from that club from the inside must be high on his agenda, given how much he said about it when he was not on their pay-roll. He has his work cut out as it seems like bigotry has been re-invented as a rallying call.

marinello59
09-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Looking forward to seeing Traynor rolling out his anti-bigotry strategy. Driving out the sectarian element from that club from the inside must be high on his agenda, given how much he said about it when he was not on their pay-roll. He has his work cut out as it seems like bigotry has been re-invented as a rallying call.

He has previously said that the 'rebirth' of Rangers presented a once in a lifetime chance to drive bigotry out of the game. Given Green's use if the bigotry card already he really will be exposed as a gutless charlatan if he now goes on to provide spin to defend the bigots in their support. (And those that pander to them in the boardroom.).

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2012, 10:11 AM
I thought he was a Celtic man?

Viva_Palmeiras
09-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Not really got any time for the man. Maybe he just follows the money...

Jim44
09-12-2012, 10:39 AM
He has previously said that the 'rebirth' of Rangers presented a once in a lifetime chance to drive bigotry out of the game. Given Green's use if the bigotry card already he really will be exposed as a gutless charlatan if he now goes on to provide spin to defend the bigots in their support. (And those that pander to them in the boardroom.).

Do you really think he would have the b@lls to try to rock the Ibrox boat from within? This job would never have been given to a person who was not deeply The Rangers- minded. The appointment is difinitive proof of either the shallowness of his convictions or the consolidation of what most people have suspected for years.

Paisley Hibby
09-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Anybody hear the programme that replaced your call last night? Apart from the thick token hun (Derek Fergusson) it was a breath of fresh air. Tom English and Stuart Cosgrove didn't pull their punches about how much Green is pandering to the worst elements of Hunnery. They also heavily criticised Uncle Walter for the interview he gave last week in which he basicaLly said that Rangers' problems were all Dundee Utd's fault.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Anybody hear the programme that replaced your call last night? Apart from the thick token hun (Derek Fergusson) it was a breath of fresh air. Tom English and Stuart Cosgrove didn't pull their punches about how much Green is pandering to the worst elements of Hunnery. They also heavily criticised Uncle Walter for the interview he gave last week in which he basicaLly said that Rangers' problems were all Dundee Utd's fault.

:agree: A much better programme, with much better hosts.

heretoday
09-12-2012, 02:35 PM

Excellent prog. How long before the BBC feels the need to dumb it down?

EuanH78
09-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Remembering back to when this all kicked off. Change in media was mooted as one of the 'side' benefits of the Huns going down the pan. We can but hope that this is the start of change for good...

Feeling optimistic today you see :agree:

marinello59
09-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Do you really think he would have the b@lls to try to rock the Ibrox boat from within? This job would never have been given to a person who was not deeply The Rangers- minded. The appointment is difinitive proof of either the shallowness of his convictions or the consolidation of what most people have suspected for years.

I expect him to do nothing. Basically the man is a ****.

heretoday
09-12-2012, 06:40 PM
I just managed to struggle to the end of Traynor's D.Record piece of embarrassing vaingloriousness. He is the type of character Scottish football is better off without - a member of the old Glasgow school of hacks who are puffed up with their own self-importance and spend their days scoring wee points off each other.

What galls most is his rant against those bloggers who call themselves journalists when he, himself, is now to be a paid apologist for Rangers - in other words no longer a journalist.

Diclonius
09-12-2012, 07:20 PM

Airdrie United.

truehibernian
09-12-2012, 07:37 PM
I just managed to struggle to the end of Traynor's D.Record piece of embarrassing vaingloriousness. He is the type of character Scottish football is better off without - a member of the old Glasgow school of hacks who are puffed up with their own self-importance and spend their days scoring wee points off each other.

What galls most is his rant against those bloggers who call themselves journalists when he, himself, is now to be a paid apologist for Rangers - in other words no longer a journalist.

But it's all okay because according to Derek Ferguson and Sportsound he went against 'tradition' and wore a red tie rather than a Rangers one yesterday - I absolutely despair at Scottish sports journalists/broadcasters if they find that newsworthy !

I'd rather they turn the airwaves over to the fans to be honest. They speak far more sense.

trev the hat
09-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Can't believe there's a thread on this dae as ur telt but seen as there is IMO he comes across a total shereen nanjiani

steakbake
09-12-2012, 07:55 PM

Haha nooooooooo. Whatever gave you that impression?

grunt
10-12-2012, 08:08 AM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/from-the-herald-to-the-third-division-where-did-it-go-wrong-for-traynor.19630269

"From the Herald to the third division . . . where did it go wrong for Traynor?"

lapsedhibee
10-12-2012, 09:02 AM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/from-the-herald-to-the-third-division-where-did-it-go-wrong-for-traynor.19630269

"From the Herald to the third division . . . where did it go wrong for Traynor?"

If all that's true about Hun news being kept behind closed doors as a mechanism to maximally fleece Huns, I think I'm all for it.

Phil D. Rolls
10-12-2012, 01:47 PM

Looks like Traynor is going to be warming the bench in the Ibrox press room.

jgl07
10-12-2012, 04:21 PM

I likes the bit about 'old news'.

It says Traynor is going to be PR director for Rangers. He's been doing that for the past 20 years!

NAE NOOKIE
10-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Been said already, but bears repeating:

The fans of Rangers did not save their club .... it went out of existence.

The Rangers play at Ibrox and train at Murray park because the owners of The Rangers ( who are not Rangers fans ) managed to get a corrupt / incompetent ( take yer pick ) administrator to sell them these assets of the defunt Rangers FC at a knock down price.

Mr Traynor has made the right decision to leave newspaper journalism.

His total failure to see which way the wind was blowing in Scottish football over the last year was truly amazing. Not only did he misjudge the mood of the fans, he also missed the fact that most of the SPL and SFL chairmen and owners were going to have to cave in to the demands of the fans.

His inability / unwillingness to admit to the fact that he had got it wrong and that his pro Rangers / Sevco rants ( not to mention his patronising, dismissive rants at us fans of the other clubs ) had been at best misguided, at worse just plain stupid, was arrogance of truly epic proportion.

One thing that cannot be denied ...... Mr Traynor's lack of humility makes him the perfect candidate for a job with 'The Rangers'

Good riddance.

Famous Fiver
13-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Just listening to Sportsound without one James Traynor.

Strikes me that it is an extreme irony that while he was 'employed' by the BBC he had the perfect platform to spout his twisted views and now that he is officially in place and would, logically, be shouting from the rooftops 'not a peep' from him. Long may it continue. We had to listen to some really twisted Rangers views emanating from his mouth.

How refreshing that he is no longer polluting our airwaves and he can pander to the great unwashed through their own introverted channels.

Mind you that guy Shiels is another matter..........

neilmartinrocks
13-12-2012, 10:01 PM
i just might give onother listen now.

monktonharp
14-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Bluto to Sevco..... sounds about right.

superfurryhibby
14-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Wishing him as much success as that other well kent media figure who went to Celtic and tried his hand at a similar role, what was him name now?

LeighLoyal
14-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Jock Brown. The Celtic fans loathed him if I recall, probably was a turncoat hun. No such fears for the Sevconians with Jabba!

superfurryhibby
14-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Jock Brown. The Celtic fans loathed him if I recall, probably was a turncoat hun. No such fears for the Sevconians with Jabba!

Right enough Jock "joke" Brown. He didnae last long and that job seemed to put paid to his media career thereafter too, IIRC.

majorhibs
14-12-2012, 11:12 PM

Behave. You ever been to Airdrie? Up there wi the most bigoted narrow minded areas anywhere. Going there as a schoolboy & wearing a Hibs scarf & getting kicked upside down by 4 adults against me might have prejudiced me a bit, but the bile they kept saying while they did me over lives long in my memory. Airdrie IS rangers far as I am concerned.

edit and it wasnt like a one of, they are consistent

Diclonius
14-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Behave. You ever been to Airdrie? Up there wi the most bigoted narrow minded areas anywhere. Going there as a schoolboy & wearing a Hibs scarf & getting kicked upside down by 4 adults against me might have prejudiced me a bit, but the bile they kept saying while they did me over lives long in my memory. Airdrie IS rangers far as I am concerned.

edit and it wasnt like a one of, they are consistent

I grew up near Airdrie when I was a wee boy and I turned out all right. :greengrin