PDA

View Full Version : Wee Ivan - Positive Substitution

scott7_0(Prague)
03-12-2012, 09:28 AM
When Pat made the sub i was so negative, Ivan has not been great this year at all and has a terrible record against the YAMS. But what a masterstroke, he showed a glimpse of what he has and was very positive going forward and used the ball well.

well done Pat and Ivan. :thumbsup:

SlickShoes
03-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Don't really agree, he still gave the ball away a few times needlessly by trying to rush everything. I like him, but he doesn't even have the impact he used to have, our bench on the whole is weak right now, we need the injured players back to have a half decent bench again.

Glory Lurker
03-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Agree 100% He was solid, did what he needed to do well and went radge after full time. What more could we ask?

Makaveli
03-12-2012, 09:34 AM
When Pat made the sub i was so negative, Ivan has not been great this year at all and has a terrible record against the YAMS. But what a masterstroke, he showed a glimpse of what he has and was very positive going forward and used the ball well.

well done Pat and Ivan. :thumbsup:

He seems more hungry and interested these days. Fenlon singled him out the other week as a good trainer so I'm expecting a strong second half of the season from him. Unusually good retention yesterday and a few good runs to take the pressure off, especially drawing the foul near the end. Sproule has a part to play for us.

Peevemor
03-12-2012, 09:35 AM
I posted this on another thread.

He came on at a crucial point in the match and used the ball pretty well, won a few corners and took the pressure off Hibs while at the same time unsettling the merricks. He played a very important role yesterday.

Jay
03-12-2012, 09:35 AM
I thought Ivan changed the game, not just with adding a bit of attack and pace but he took control. It was like putting a captain on the pitch, something we have been dearly missing since McPakes injury. The players all reacted got a lift from him.

essexhibee
03-12-2012, 09:36 AM
He was good when he came on and we were beginning to get stretched. Positive run that broke up the play and killed the last few minutes off.

#FromTheCapital
03-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Ivan was great when he came on yesterday. Reminded me of what he was like in his first spell with us. Still has a lot of pace

hibee_girl
03-12-2012, 09:45 AM
I thought Ivan changed the game, not just with adding a bit of attack and pace but he took control. It was like putting a captain on the pitch, something we have been dearly missing since McPakes injury. The players all reacted got a lift from him.

:agree:

He was the same in the game against Dundee Utd

Hibbyradge
03-12-2012, 09:58 AM

I thought the same. For the first time in the game, we repeatedly took the game to Hearts and gave them something to worry about at the back. He's not the best winger in the world, but his pace and directness was a major asset.

s.a.m
03-12-2012, 10:08 AM

I thought so too. Put them under some pressure for the first time in the game.

littleplum
03-12-2012, 10:39 AM
The move also meant Cairney was shifted into the middle where he seemed to get a bit more involved. We held our own better in midfield from then on.

The Sea-gull
03-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Didn't really look like a threat but it wasn't that type of game.

He just kept the head, earned us a couple of corners and made sure that after going 1-0 up he didn't allow any chances we had to attack or break result in them regaining possession.

Actually think that Ivan has improved as a footballer since going down to England but it has taken away that unpredictability he had. In a way, part of the danger about him in his first spell was that he wasn't that skillfull but he was capable of causing problems by running after the ball and running a people with pace. Most couldn't keep up with him. That has gone from his game now though.

WestEndHibee
03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Agree totally. He really changed the way the game was going. Having him on the left meant that the yams could conentrate on spoony less and was the reason he was in such space before the goal. Also, if you watch the highlights, Sproule was the won that grabbed Caldwell and got him to block the hearts players from the corner at the very end. I wasn't sure when they brought him on but it was a very good substitution in the end.

er75
03-12-2012, 12:00 PM
i think ivan made a positive impact on the game yesterday! I still think he has something to offer the club however not so much on a first team basis

jacomo
03-12-2012, 12:23 PM
I posted this on another thread.

He came on at a crucial point in the match and used the ball pretty well, won a few corners and took the pressure off Hibs while at the same time unsettling the merricks. He played a very important role yesterday.

:agree:

That wee sequence of corners started to pile pressure on the Yams and they got a wee bit out of shape. Ivan definitely had a positive effect on the match when he came on.

Seveno
03-12-2012, 12:41 PM
He changed the game for us. Brought passion, good tactical move, kept possession and won corners. Then he had the experience to hold the ball in the corner until the final whistle.

Well done, Ivan.