PDA

View Full Version : Sour grapes and the Vinegar Factory

Jim44
03-12-2012, 09:25 AM
I could swear that my copy of this morning's Scotsman was dripping wet with the acrid aroma of unripened grapes. According to Bathgate, among many other put downs, our victory was nothing more than a minor footnote in the history of the Edinburgh Derby, which is firmly written in maroon ink. The man is hurting deeply and doesn't have the grace or ability to write a balanced report. His jaundiced, Jambo spin is nauseating and equal to the bitter emissions of the KB vinegar factory.
I know I shouldn't subscribe to the rag or visit that place but the 'can't avoid looking at a car crash' syndrome is hard to shake off.

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2012, 09:35 AM
I could swear that my copy of this morning's Scotsman was dripping wet with the acrid aroma of unripened grapes. According to Bathgate, among many other put downs, our victory was nothing more than a minor footnote in the history of the Edinburgh Derby, which is firmly written in maroon ink. The man is hurting deeply and doesn't have the grace or ability to write a balanced report. His jaundiced, Jambo spin is nauseating and equal to the bitter emissions of the KB vinegar factory.
I know I shouldn't subscribe to the rag or visit that place but the 'can't avoid looking at a car crash' syndrome is hard to shake off.

His report seems to be based on his interviews with Pat Fenlon and David Wotherspoon. Glad to hear our guys are keeping their feet on the ground, and not making snidey remarks about the opposition.

Pretty Boy
03-12-2012, 09:41 AM
I love how they have managed to rewrite the history of the game on brokeback already.

Last night it was 'poor game' '2 poor teams' 'deserved a draw'.

Today its 'we dominated them with a team of kids' and 'should have won'.

You have to admire their brass necks if nothing else.

Hiber-nation
03-12-2012, 09:48 AM
I posted the link on another thread.

His coffee must be tasting very bitter this morning.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...ture-1-2671958

Golden Bear
03-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Unfortunately the article is factually correct, but yep, you can almost see Bathgate spewing in his porridge.

Part/Time Supporter
03-12-2012, 09:58 AM
I love how they have managed to rewrite the history of the game on brokeback already.

You've got to love Jambos and facts.

The combined age of the two starting elevens yesterday was Hibs 273, Hearts 269, giving an average of Hibs 24.8, Hearts 24.5. If they had chosen to start Sutton instead of Paterson, or if Grainger hadn't been crocked last week, they would have had the older team.

Golden Bear
03-12-2012, 10:00 AM
You've got to love Jambos and facts.

The combined age of the two starting elevens yesterday was Hibs 273, Hearts 269, giving an average of Hibs 24.8, Hearts 24.5. If they had chosen to start Sutton instead of Paterson, or if Grainger hadn't been crocked last week, they would have had the older team.

Not a bad set of stats either.

:wink:

Liams
03-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Cant comment on this as i go out with one of his daughts but... GIRUY

Lucius Apuleius
03-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Cant comment on this as i go out with one of his daughts but... GIRUY

Get her pumped. :jmcp:

GraniteCityHibs
03-12-2012, 10:13 AM

Hibs Class indeed :rolleyes:

Made me laugh though!
:faf:

O'Rourke3
03-12-2012, 10:16 AM

:faf:

calumhibee1
03-12-2012, 10:19 AM

But they did deserve to win, they had 1 shot on target!

Teo10
03-12-2012, 10:29 AM

:faf::faf:

Jim44
03-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Unfortunately the article is factually correct, but yep, you can almost see Bathgate spewing in his porridge.

I'm not disputing the facts of his articles, John. I'm referring to the maroon spin and inuendo which taints absolutely everything he writes about Hibs.