PDA

View Full Version : FAO anyone thinking of calling in sick tomorrow ...

--------
03-12-2012, 12:51 AM
There's a nasty tummy bug going around Leith tonight, I hear.

I believe (I've never tried it myself, personally, of course) that if you lie flat on your back while you telephone the office, you sound ever so much more convincingly ILL than if you're sitting upright.

Just in case anyone were to waken tomorrow morning feeling a bit shaky and nauseous.

(From that tummy bug.)

Merely corroborative detail calculated to add verismilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative, as the man in "The Mikado" said.

:devil:

Lucius Apuleius
03-12-2012, 05:04 AM
There's a nasty tummy bug going around Leith tonight, I hear.

I believe (I've never tried it myself, personally, of course) that if you lie flat on your back while you telephone the office, you sound ever so much more convincingly ILL than if you're sitting upright.

Just in case anyone were to waken tomorrow morning feeling a bit shaky and nauseous.

(From that tummy bug.)

Merely corroborative detail calculated to add verismilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative, as the man in "The Mikado" said.

:devil:

:greengrin Vision of you lying on your back, suited and booted " Sorry God, I won't be in the pulpit today!!!!"

WellingtonHibby
03-12-2012, 05:59 AM
already done a full days work. hungover on two hours sleep. takes a real man...

--------
03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
:greengrin Vision of you lying on your back, suited and booted " Sorry God, I won't be in the pulpit today!!!!"

Ah, but I was only drunk on euphoria. (And no, that's not a Greek brand of lager.)

But I'm OK - I only work one day a week anyway. :greengrin

03-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Call in sick? no chance i'm going in to wind up my jambo colleagues :greengrin