PDA

View Full Version : Fights?

AugustaHibs
02-12-2012, 08:30 PM
can't remember the name of the pub, but up from ionas bar and up from b&q? but as i was walking past i could hear bottles getting smashed, a few police horses and a riot van blocking everyone off, what happened? this was about 3.05 or something!:pfgwa

Hibernia Na Eir
02-12-2012, 08:33 PM
just as well they didn't come to our pub.....foo o Hibs ;)

clerriehibs
02-12-2012, 08:34 PM
can't remember the name of the pub, but up from ionas bar and up from b&q? but as i was walking past i could hear bottles getting smashed, a few police horses and a riot van blocking everyone off, what happened? this was about 3.05 or something!:pfgwa

Folk started drinking at breakfast time? :dunno:

A hearts fan walked through, some stupid stuff going on nicking his scarf etc, two polis bikes stopped at the lights, a few bottles got launched at them. The van turned up, yet more bottles got launched. Remarkably, I didn't see anyone get lifted.

Diclonius
02-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Was a guy at the bus stop I got on (London Road) with blood running down his face. Had memory loss, no idea of who he was etc from what I could gather. Not sure if Hearts or Hibs fan, ambulance ended up taking him away.

Pretty disgraceful whatever side was involved tbh.

hibeedonald
02-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Seen a few scuffles on Easter road after and a lot Hibees winding them up.

40 year old Hearts man starting on a 13 year old boy was ripping him to shreds :rolleyes:

One guy got decked just before the omni centre not sure what team.

madabouthibs
02-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Looked like L&B's finest had a few lads penned in at the top of Elm Row about 6pm. There was about 4 riot vans parked in the middle of the road with blues on. More vans parked up at the Omni too. Someone musta been pwopa nawty....

ginger_rice
02-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Walked up from the Iona at 3 it was pretty mental but looked to me that there were two cop vans and two big groups of Hibbies one outside the Nip the other across the road didn't see any Jambos there though.

easty
02-12-2012, 09:04 PM

It was outside the Office (Nip). Nae trouble really to be honest. It was taking ages to get served in the boozer as it was so busy so it ended up with a massive carry out from the corner shop. Couple of yams went past and someone took one of their scarves and threw it away. Was good crack out there really, and when police moved people on it went pretty smooth I thought.

JonnyHibees
02-12-2012, 09:30 PM
i was standing outside the nip (the office) at that time there was about 50-100 hibs fans drinking carry-oot from the shop opposite the nip, jumping up and doon and singing. I didnt see if anything happened further up the road but there was no fights there. There was 3 police vans and some police on horseback watching us. Some of the guys were pretty drunk but werent doing anything bad. One guy got overexcited and was spraying everyone with beer, then i seen a glass bottle was thrown, not really at anyone and landed on the middle of the road not near anyone.

The police suddenly then moved in. The guy that threw the bottle ran and hid in the crowd. The police then surronded the hibs fans and started moving then on, and charging with the horses. My Dad asked why he couldnt stand on the pavement there and one policeman threatened to arrest him if he didnt move on. I normally like the police but i fell that they were being totally heavy-handed and made something out of nothing, and seemed to assume all football fans were criminals.

LancashireHibby
02-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Hearts fans were acting up on Easter Road near Middleton's on the walk to the ground. One guy was trying to get a fight with some kid over the road but he went quiet when I turned round and told him to pick on someone his own age. The behaviour of the Hearts fans there seemed to rile the Hibs fans walking down until walking down Albion Road ending being like a corteo with several hundred singing. Bit of a stand off where Albion Road bends to the right but the police had it under control keeping a big space between the two sets.

Hibeesmad
02-12-2012, 10:19 PM
I've heard an ex hibs player has been arrested for fighting up by the playhouse tonight.

J-C
03-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Really surprised the polis allowed this game to be played at this time, my car was parked lochend way so seen nowt, said there'd be a lot of bother after the game due the bevvying all afternoon.

Minder
03-12-2012, 12:42 AM
I've heard an ex hibs player has been arrested for fighting up by the playhouse tonight.

Pity he did not have the same amount of fight in him last time he played for us. Send him back to Siberia.

leggeto
03-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Was a guy at the bus stop I got on (London Road) with blood running down his face. Had memory loss, no idea of who he was etc from what I could gather. Not sure if Hearts or Hibs fan, ambulance ended up taking him away.

spoke to my jambo mate who seen that and was out of order , punched for no reason pure ****, polis got him so all good:flag:

iwasthere1972
03-12-2012, 01:21 AM
There was a fight in Scotmid on Easter Road. A Hibs supporter and a Yam tramp were throwing bags of frozen veg at each other and the bags were bursting and the contents were going all over the place. The manager called the police and both fans were charged with breach of the peas.

leggeto
03-12-2012, 01:26 AM
There was a fight in Scotmid on Easter Road. A Hibs supporter and a Yam tramp were throwing bags of frozen veg at each other and the bags were bursting and the contents were going all over the place. The manager called the police and both fans were charged with breach of the peas.

and in the chippie roonds the corner the fish got battered:greengrin

Diclonius
03-12-2012, 01:51 AM
spoke to my jambo mate who seen that and was out of order , punched for no reason pure ****, polis got him so all good:flag:

Good stuff. Was horrible seeing the guy, he was totally distraught.

silverhibee
03-12-2012, 01:53 AM
and its still going on in the town.

F***ing mayhem so it is.

leggeto
03-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Good stuff. Was horrible seeing the guy, he was totally distraught.

my matte could not tell whitch team the guy was who done it prob an innocent bystander caught up in the madness he will be in st leonards gathering his thoughts right now

JIm
03-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Any truth big Gaz was arrested? He just can't seem to keep himself out of trouble aye

superfurryhibby
03-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Any truth big Gaz was arrested? He just can't seem to keep himself out of trouble aye

He was in the Brass Monkey at Pilrig when I was in after the game. That was until seven (ish). Ian Murray was in too and there was nae bother in the boozer.

Gavin1875
03-12-2012, 09:41 AM
and in the chippie roonds the corner the fish got battered:greengrin

In Greggs the doughnut got his hole kicked in

Hermit Crab
03-12-2012, 09:46 AM

This just made me laugh. Superb!!

yeezus.
03-12-2012, 09:51 AM
I had to walk out of Leith to the city centre for the train from Waverley.

As I was leaving Leith, there was two groups of hearts fans. When I walked past the first lot they were just shouting the usual "five wan five wan" - when approaching the second lot, one guy spotted me and rushed up to me - I thought he was going to smack me - but he put out his hand and said "Well played mate but I hope Queen of the South gub you's in the final".

Funny, Queen of the South got knocked out by Killie but I was just happy he didn't hit me.

WestEndHibee
03-12-2012, 11:52 AM

My mate said the yams had a thread about this on kickback. Apparently a hearts fan blindsided a lad at the bus stop and put him out cold. The attacker's mate then shouted his name "cammy" and witness put it up on jkb to try and find the guy. They were disgusted with him.

JIm
03-12-2012, 11:54 AM
My mate said the yams had a thread about this on kickback. Apparently a hearts fan blindsided a lad at the bus stop and put him out cold. The attacker's mate then shouted his name "cammy" and witness put it up on jkb to try and find the guy. They were disgusted with him.

if this is true then :aok:

NewHibby
03-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Was trawling through their misery on the hunchback site, they are hurting soooo bad it's beautiful.
one disturbing article though is about some young lad getting a bit of a belt from a yam called Cammy.
They start of berating the yam but by the end they justify it by saying the young guy was giving abuse. Well if that's the case the yam who challenged my 2 sons and I should have been in hospital tonight. He chased after us from the Black Bull on Leith Street hurling abuse about us being Irish b-£;/&ds, suddenly at the traffic lights he was surrounded by about 40 Hibby's, one of our guys a 6'4 Mancurian seen him off, the wee rat nearly **** himself when he realised he was surrounded, runs into middle of the road and is just missed by a taxi. further down the road I stopped a police van and the vermin was lifted...result!

Diclonius
03-12-2012, 09:28 PM

At first I thought the guy was a football fan but thinking back he may well have been an innocent bystander. Pretty disgusting, especially if it was completely unprovoked.

Wasn't made any better by a guy walking past me loudly proclaiming our end was "half filled with Celtic fans" and we were "fenian *******s". :aok:

Sean1875
03-12-2012, 11:14 PM
At first I thought the guy was a football fan but thinking back he may well have been an innocent bystander. Pretty disgusting, especially if it was completely unprovoked.

Wasn't made any better by a guy walking past me loudly proclaiming our end was "half filled with Celtic fans" and we were "fenian *******s". :aok:

heard the exact same thing, so either you were standing right by me at the bus stop or it was just one of many wannabee rangers fans walking around, both just as probable. The irony of them saying the ground was half full of celtic fans then calling us all fenian *******s is just incredible, only yams will understand this logic.

Mikeystewart
03-12-2012, 11:25 PM
heard the exact same thing, so either you were standing right by me at the bus stop or it was just one of many wannabee rangers fans walking around, both just as probable. The irony of them saying the ground was half full of celtic fans then calling us all fenian *******s is just incredible, only yams will understand this logic.

I agree that them making the comparison is cringe worthy but as I left the west yesterday onto Albion Road there was a group of maybe 10 guys singing "Let the people sing" I don't think Celtic fans own the intellectual property rights to sing the song but its one of their favorites for sure, never heard it from Hibs fans before.

Make of it what you will.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I heard there was bovver on the bridge of doom