PDA

View Full Version : Paul Cairney

mikey987654321
02-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Turned up at the loch inn after the game, must have had his picture taken 200 times lol! Guys a class act!

GGTTH07
02-12-2012, 06:41 PM
One Paul Cairney!

M11BMO
02-12-2012, 06:42 PM
The booking ruined his game. Best player this season bar Sparky.

Alex Trager
02-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Just got our photo taken. Can't get it on this though here's a twitter link https://mobile.twitter.com/RussellGilbertt/status/275323207341465600

GreenCastle
02-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Becoming a fans favourite very quickly :agree: :thumbsup:

col02
02-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Whole fabric of our club has been changed since the summer with an honest bunch of players at the club who appreciate playing for Hibernian. Cairney has been a classy signing by our manager! :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
02-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Never hid today but absolutely dire-if we had a bigger squad he would get a rest.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-12-2012, 06:49 PM
A fantastic player and someone who we have needing for some time.

I hate to be a gloom and doomer but how long before red top papers start linking him to his boyhood heroes?..:rolleyes:

Franck Stanton
02-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Cairney seems a real genuine guy, have just watched replay of the goal and he can clearly be seen with areal look of joy,[ almost tears of joy] on his face as he was encouraging the East to celebrate. Then to turn up, unanounced at a well-known Hibby watering hole after the game, a true fans favourite. Best signing for years. :not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

Craig_in_Prague
02-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Hibs class.

hibsbollah
02-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I hear from a good source that Ivan was in that well known watering hole Robertsons Bar on Gorgie Road post-match. He dropped his tweeds, climbed up on the bar, did a big toley and walked out doing the Fenlon:fenlon

theonlywayisup
02-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Turned up at the loch inn after the game, must have had his picture taken 200 times lol! Guys a class act!

One of the finds of the season. We done Pat and Paul.:not worth:not worth:not worth

cabbageandribs1875
02-12-2012, 08:29 PM
credit where credit is due, had my doubts when he signed but i'm starting to like him more as each game passes :agree: hope he keeps they performances up

bingo70
02-12-2012, 08:33 PM

Anyone else see the contradiction in this post? :wink:

I think he's absolutely brilliant and been a great signing but think he was pretty poor today, as he was against Aberdeen and St Johnstone.

Also really annoy me that he gets 'were' and 'where' mixed up when thanking the fans on twitter but if he keeps helping us pump hearts i'll forgive him.

clerriehibs
02-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Anyone else see the contradiction in this post? :wink:

I think he's absolutely brilliant and been a great signing but think he was pretty poor today, as he was against Aberdeen and St Johnstone.

Also really annoy me that he gets 'were' and 'where' mixed up when thanking the fans on twitter but if he keeps helping us pump hearts i'll forgive him.

Probably bugs the hell out of him that you're no pro footballer!

bingo70
02-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Probably bugs the hell out of him that you're no pro footballer!

No as much as it bugs the hell out of me :wink:

clerriehibs
02-12-2012, 08:48 PM
No as much as it bugs the hell out of me :wink:

:not worth

monktonharp
02-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Never hid today but absolutely dire-if we had a bigger squad he would get a rest.:agree:Paul had one of his poorer games today, which surprised me. I thought he'd be one that took the game by the scruff of the neck, however he always tries his guts oot!.was at a family funeral last week, and met an uncle of his. after discussing all things Paisley, I had to tell his unc, that this laddie is a 100% deal, tries his heart oot maist o' the time and has been a great signing for us.not intirely literate, when it comes to tv interviews, but hey, he's a working class guy that does very well and plays with his heart on his sleeve.

frazeHFC
02-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Just got our photo taken. Can't get it on this though here's a twitter link https://mobile.twitter.com/RussellGilbertt/status/275323207341465600

Gie the baw tae Davey!!

jacomo
02-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Never hid today but absolutely dire-if we had a bigger squad he would get a rest.

Not quite how I saw it. I think Hertz did a good job on him today, tight at all times. Cairney was trying throughout and nearly released a few quality balls to the forwards but nothing came off.

I agree the small squad is starting to show, low quality performance overall today and fatigue might be playing a role.

matty_f
02-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Cracking switch of play for the goal, and a great signing by Fenlon. We actually look like we have players who finally get what being at Hibs is all about.

JollyGreenGiant
02-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Between Cairney and Ben Williams, for me Paddy's best signings!

Macaroon
02-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Not one of his best games today but he was reined in by that early booking and was quiet as a result. But nevertheless he has been a great find and I'm sure he'll still be right up the top end of the assist charts come the end of the season.

Paisley Hibby
02-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Cracking switch of play for the goal, and a great signing by Fenlon. We actually look like we have players who finally get what being at Hibs is all about.

Just what I was going to say. It was a cracking cross field pass to Wotherspoon. From the start Cairney and McGivern were the two players who showed that they were not going to be pushed around by the yams.

Alex Trager
02-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Was speaking to him In the lavs. Said they're a completely different team and love
PF

Alex Trager
02-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Also hugged a jambo haha

hfc rd
02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
The lad has got a big future in the game. Not long before he is one day plying his trade in the EPL & getting his cap for Scotland. What a find by Paddy.

Stevie Reid
03-12-2012, 08:01 AM
I said in the other thread started about him this week that how well he played in the cup tie would have a big bearing on how well we played - well he didn't play well, and we didn't play well, but he still made a major contribution to our winner with his perfect switch to Spoony.

Superb signing, only slight downside his his disciplinary record, we will miss him when he is suspended.

IWasThere2016
03-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Also hugged a jambo haha

In the lav? That's a very dangerous thing to do. Did yer mother no tell you about strange men in toilets? :wink:

Posh Swanny
03-12-2012, 08:37 AM
He has a nice wee bit of dig about him when required as well - typified by the scuffle that broke out in the corner at the end (just like the Dundee Utd game). I like to think he said to the ref "I'm just going to do the same thing again mate, so unless you want a 22 man brawl on your hands, you may as well blow the final whistle now".

GraniteCityHibs
03-12-2012, 08:58 AM
He was quiet and a little frustrating today as McGowan had it pegged very early on that he was always going to come inside. He kept doing it and McGowan kept nicking it off him.

The difference is that the players we had last year would have given up after the first couple of tackles and just accepted it.

Different breed these days! Our team really do fight til the last minute!

A joy to see the passion from every one of them and how much it meant to them.

Spoony looked tearful and a bit overcome with emotion after the goal.

ONWARD AND UPWARD!

GGTTH

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

haagsehibby
03-12-2012, 09:07 AM
:agree:Paul had one of his poorer games today, which surprised me. I thought he'd be one that took the game by the scruff of the neck, however he always tries his guts oot!.was at a family funeral last week, and met an uncle of his. after discussing all things Paisley, I had to tell his unc, that this laddie is a 100% deal, tries his heart oot maist o' the time and has been a great signing for us.not intirely literate, when it comes to tv interviews, but hey, he's a working class guy that does very well and plays with his heart on his sleeve.

:hmmm:

O'Rourke3
03-12-2012, 09:12 AM
:hijack: Was it Fenlon that scouted him? Brooster had him "signed" week the season ended which usually means we'd been sniffing about a lot earlier. Not complaining, he's been brilliant this season and like all players will drop in and out of form. What's clear is he doesn't hide.

greenlex
03-12-2012, 09:26 AM
:hijack: Was it Fenlon that scouted him? Brooster had him "signed" week the season ended which usually means we'd been sniffing about a lot earlier. Not complaining, he's been brilliant this season and like all players will drop in and out of form. What's clear is he doesn't hide.

I think he went to see one of our loanees playing for Partick and spotted Cairney then.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-12-2012, 09:26 AM
No question that he is a prospect. I just hope that our fairly thin squad doesn't mean that he plays more than he should,

Alex Trager
03-12-2012, 09:35 AM
In the lav? That's a very dangerous thing to do. Did yer mother no tell you about strange men in toilets? :wink:

Yes it was him hugging the jambo though. Great sport

O'Rourke3
03-12-2012, 10:21 AM
I think he went to see one of our loanees playing for Partick and spotted Cairney then.

Cheers :thumbsup:

AlbertK86
03-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Fantastic Signing

yep wasn't his best today but

still swept past his man and opened the play up for Spoony to go on and score
still went on a great run past about four of them before he just ran out of space at their box - possibly could have got his shot away

Great player with great attitude

Well done son

.Sean.
03-12-2012, 09:09 PM
He's my favourite player. Works his socks off and plays for the jersey. Only been with us 6 months but has adapted so quickly and scored a few crucial goals. Hibs Class :agree:

Hibeesmad
03-12-2012, 09:13 PM
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=qCu3LoGJIhs

Aldo
03-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Watching him play and the way he plays for me its how it should be

Play every game like its your last, giving your all and playing your part in the Team and backing up you team mates.

Quality signing. Long way to go but if he keeps this up he'll do very very well and become even more if a fans favourite.

Islanderhibee
06-12-2012, 10:33 AM
:pfgwa
Watching him play and the way he plays for me its how it should be

Play every game like its your last, giving your all and playing your part in the Team and backing up you team mates.

Quality signing. Long way to go but if he keeps this up he'll do very very well and become even more if a fans favourite.

:pfgwahello all new member on here!!,regarding paul?,excellent little player,:aok:.on another note!!,he played last year with a lad called chris erskine?.partick thistle winger.direct ,tall and out of contract in summer also?.im friendly with his dad?.hes been scouted by hibs for a while now and pat fenlon himself has watched him too!!.i beleive from his dad that motherwell have had him watched also.:hibees

JimBHibees
06-12-2012, 10:38 AM
:pfgwa

:pfgwahello all new member on here!!,regarding paul?,excellent little player,:aok:.on another note!!,he played last year with a lad called chris erskine?.partick thistle winger.direct ,tall and out of contract in summer also?.im friendly with his dad?.hes been scouted by hibs for a while now and pat fenlon himself has watched him too!!.i beleive from his dad that motherwell have had him watched also.:hibees

Cheers we could certainly do with a decent wide player and with Paul doing so well at Hibs would imagine Chris may fancy a bit of the same. Hope it goes through preferably in January rather than the summer.

Islanderhibee
06-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Cheers we could certainly do with a decent wide player and with Paul doing so well at Hibs would imagine Chris may fancy a bit of the same. Hope it goes through preferably in January rather than the summer.

:aok:well im told he will be leaving partick in summer ??.seems a decent prospect too!!.maybe wee paul has had a word in his ear??...pat fenlon has defo been watching him a bit??.pre contract in jan or sign him for small fee?.worth a punt i reckon.:flag:

Liams
06-12-2012, 03:21 PM
He didnt play that well but did have mcgowan To put up against how ever his ball to spoony was a cracker before the goal

rightwinger
06-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I was hardly positive when hearing we'd signed some chunky wee guy from Partick, but Cairney's been a great signing so far.

Seems to be involved in most goals we score and opened up the play brilliantly for the goal on Sunday - I don't think any other Hibs player has the vision/ability to play that pass. Impressed me with his discipline on Sunday after getting booked quite early on.

The only problem is his lack of height. That's an issue throughout the whole team and hopefully one Fenlon will address in January. Aside from McPake, Hanlon and McGivern, we don't have anyone who can win an aerial battle. We struggled on Sunday because our defenders were clearing their lines, knocking high balls up the pitch and Hearts were winning most of them and the ball was coming straight back.

Sean1875
06-12-2012, 09:42 PM
:aok:well im told he will be leaving partick in summer ??.seems a decent prospect too!!.maybe wee paul has had a word in his ear??...pat fenlon has defo been watching him a bit??.pre contract in jan or sign him for small fee?.worth a punt i reckon.:flag:
definitlely heard the lads name being mentioned here on the board :agree: if your pally with his dad i'll be expecting a few good words whispered in his ear too! :greengrin

Saturdays Hero
06-12-2012, 10:26 PM
He didnt play that well but did have mcgowan To put up against how ever his ball to spoony was a cracker before the goal

I thought the same about McGowan,normally turns it on against us but had as quiet a game as I can remember and I put a big part of that down to Cairney,he's been fantastic for us,never hides,very quick feet & always capable of a wee bit magic.

oldbutdim
06-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Paul loves it at Hibs and he is a nice bloke although he may never win Mastermind.
His missus is a bit of all right too.

I've been sticking a few quid on him scoring first goal since he signed ............... but with the rush to get up to Perth I forgot to put the bet on.
:rolleyes:

cam75
07-12-2012, 12:09 AM
I was hardly positive when hearing we'd signed some chunky wee guy from Partick, but Cairney's been a great signing so far.

Seems to be involved in most goals we score and opened up the play brilliantly for the goal on Sunday - I don't think any other Hibs player has the vision/ability to play that pass. Impressed me with his discipline on Sunday after getting booked quite early on.

The only problem is his lack of height. That's an issue throughout the whole team and hopefully one Fenlon will address in January. Aside from McPake, Hanlon and McGivern, we don't have anyone who can win an aerial battle. We struggled on Sunday because our defenders were clearing their lines, knocking high balls up the pitch and Hearts were winning most of them and the ball was coming straight back.

Read somewhere that Lewis was 1st head on the ball not the tallest player either for hibs,not a rob jones but guts a a will to win goes along way !

Golden Bear
07-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Paul loves it at Hibs and he is a nice bloke although he may never win Mastermind.
His missus is a bit of all right too.

I've been sticking a few quid on him scoring first goal since he signed ............... but with the rush to get up to Perth I forgot to put the bet on.
:rolleyes:

At odds of 100/1, I had a £5 bet last Sunday for Hibs to win 1-0 and Paul to score the goal. He failed miserably.

:grr:

:greengrin