PDA

View Full Version : Hearts fans cheering when Griffiths was injured

dp00
02-12-2012, 06:21 PM
If I never already hated them , there behaviour when sparky was down injured has just made me hate them even more

On a plus point I thought it changed the game and made the players more determined to win after hearing there fans

down-the-slope
02-12-2012, 06:24 PM
pretty shabby even against your great rivals....

But the enforced change actually worked as Sparky was fairly quiet again like in Perth and Ross's robustness gave the Hearts CH's something different to deal with

TheEastTerrace
02-12-2012, 06:26 PM
I ended up on a 26 into town with loads of them. Cretins to a man, hoping that LG had broken his leg. Funny, Fatty Foulkes was on the bus and I couldn't resist asking how it felt to play a role in bringing agent Romanov in to destroy his club - GIRUY

thebakerboy
02-12-2012, 06:26 PM
I agree with the bit about Sparky , thought it was disgusting and really showed how low they have gone. It's normally polite and sporting to applaud an injured player off who ever he plays for. But then again it is the Jambos we are talking about.

1two
02-12-2012, 06:27 PM
If it was skacel for the v us I would take no shame in cheering

MSK
02-12-2012, 06:28 PM
If I never already hated them , there behaviour when sparky was down injured has just made me hate them even more

On a plus point I thought it changed the game and made the players more determined to win after hearing there fansAw dinnae kid yersel man ..hibs fans would do the exact same ..its tribal ..its in us all ..:agree:

Devilstorment
02-12-2012, 06:29 PM
I think i missed it, but didnt one of the Yams go of injured. I dont remember us bouncing about like we had scored a goal when that happened

We had a thread on here a few weeks back about the definition of Hibs class. That is it. We werent bouncing about like barbarians hoping their boy's playing career was over

Cocaine&Caviar
02-12-2012, 06:30 PM

Deffo

CropleyWasGod
02-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Aw dinnae kid yersel man ..hibs fans would do the exact same ..its tribal ..its in us all ..:agree:

Dunno about that. I had the same discussion with my boy on the way home.

When Goncalves was stretchered off in the 4-0 game, I clapped him as he passed in front of us. And I know I wasn't the only one. However, I don't remember anyone actually cheering; most folk did nothing.

What got me today was the EXTENT of the Hearts reaction. It seemed like everyone was at it.

Big difference, I reckon.

Hiber-nation
02-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Aw dinnae kid yersel man ..hibs fans would do the exact same ..its tribal ..its in us all ..:agree:

Aye, could you imagine even 1 Hibs fan applauding Webster if he was taken off with a minor injury. Its a Derby and it was hardly life threatening.

hibsbollah
02-12-2012, 06:32 PM
It was the noisiest they were all game. When it happened I asked myself would we do the same if their talismanic player went down, and I really don't think we would. Hence, Hibs Class:stirrer:

But they haven't got a talismanic player so then I realised it was a stupid question.

stoneyburn hibs
02-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Dont know if anyone else noticed but it was the raking studs of McHattie on the back of his ankle that caused the injury, then when it was signalled that he had to go off , McHattie getting a wee well done handshake from Zaliukas. Shame they ended up losers.

S4uzee
02-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Hope they all stayed to see him giving it big licks at the end!!!

Alfred E Newman
02-12-2012, 06:40 PM
The great deluded ones thought Griffiths injury was their passport to the next round. How wrong they were. Caldwell gave us a bit more muscle up front.

DarrenSQH
Karma. Hope they enjoyed watching him dance on the park at the end!

Devilstorment
Dont know if anyone else noticed but it was the raking studs of McHattie on the back of his ankle that caused the injury, then when it was signalled that he had to go off , McHattie getting a wee well done handshake from Zaliukas. Shame they ended up losers.

I thought it was Barr? I will take back the abuse i gave him

..... on second thought

essexhibee
02-12-2012, 06:42 PM

..... on second thought

Was deffo Darren Barr

stoneyburn hibs
02-12-2012, 06:42 PM

..... on second thought

I could be wrong ........but i think im right

CropleyWasGod
02-12-2012, 06:45 PM
The way I saw it, it was neither. The defender challenged him, and he went over on his ankle.

Wembley67
02-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Ach baws, we would do exactly the same, stop moaning and enjoy the night :greengrin:pfgwa

fife hfc
02-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Bunch of ********s. On way up to the station tonight with my nine year old son, grown men were abusing us, I just smiled and told them how very intelligent (always had a big mouth:greengrin).

Also just looked on kickback and the muppets are talking about how some of their number destroyed seats and the toilets in the away end. Even though I hate the thought of they lot damaging Easter Road, this time if they have cost thousands of pounds worth of damage then it will hit their chances of survival. so lets hope the away end is wrecked:devil:

lucky
02-12-2012, 06:52 PM
McHattie was high 5ed by the yam captain as Leigh was taken off. Total **** the lot of them.

TheEastTerrace
02-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Bunch of ********s. On way up to the station tonight with my nine year old son, grown men were abusing us, I just smiled and told them how very intelligent (always had a big mouth:greengrin).

Also just looked on kickback and the muppets are talking about how some of their number destroyed seats and the toilets in the away end. Even though I hate the thought of they lot damaging Easter Road, this time if they have cost thousands of pounds worth of damage then it will hit their chances of survival. so lets hope the away end is wrecked:devil:

Fantastic - get that invoice sent in pronto Rod

Franck Stanton
02-12-2012, 06:56 PM

If true, it just shows how stupid they are 'cos any repairs will have to be met out of their share of the gate money, numpties, real knuckle-draggers.

Jones28
02-12-2012, 06:56 PM

It wasn't our equivalent of skacel though, it was LG who hasn't done anything to wind up hearts fans

Shows they're **** to a man imo

Hibee87
02-12-2012, 07:07 PM
It wasn't our equivalent of skacel though, it was LG who hasn't done anything to wind up hearts fans

Shows they're **** to a man imo

This!!

asked this a few times to jambos and still never had a proper answer.....why do they hate griffiths so much? the things i have seen written abou hime, greetin, ****, horrible human being, wouldnt pish on him if on fire etc etc.....as far as i know leigh has never wound them up or said anything so why the pure hatred?

also they way they celebrated his injury was embarassing......it wasnt even like a 'waaaaaaayyyy' cheers that you might expect they were all bouncing about like they had scored :faf: flumps!!

Elephant Stone
02-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I don't get the seethe from their lot towards Leigh. Although I suppose having vastly inferior strikers to your rivals for a long time probably eats away at you.

StevieT
02-12-2012, 07:32 PM
McHattie was high 5ed by the yam captain as Leigh was taken off. Total **** the lot of them.

Does anyone have a picture of this?

Eyrie
02-12-2012, 07:58 PM

A clear demonstration by them of what "Hearts class" means.

aljo7-0
02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
A clear demonstration by them of what "Hearts class" means.
A clear demonstration of an oxymoron as opposed to "Hearts fan" which is a clear demonstration of a poxy moron

Sir David Gray
02-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Can't get too upset about this to be honest.

We would have done exactly the same thing if one of their players had been forced off with an injury.

Griffiths, whilst in a bit of pain, will be ok and it's not anything that's going to threaten his life or his career so I can't get too uptight about this. If it had been obvious that it was a serious injury, such as Fabrice Muamba for example, then that would have been entirely different but it wasn't and he'll be fine in a week or two.

We had the last laugh anyway so GIRUT. :thumbsup:

Cauld Bovril
02-12-2012, 08:13 PM
They hate him because they`re scared of him:giruy::giruy:

Speedy
02-12-2012, 08:16 PM

We would have done exactly the same thing if one of their players had been forced off with an injury.

Griffiths, whilst in a bit of pain, will be ok and it's not anything that's going to threaten his life or his career so I can't get too uptight about this. If it had been obvious that it was a serious injury, such as Fabrice Muamba for example, then that would have been entirely different but it wasn't and he'll be fine in a week or two.

I disagree, they all looked like they were celebrating. I've never seen that from any team in my life.

Twa Cairpets
02-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Anyone at Airdrie for the play off second leg a few years back will remember the sympathy shown to Medals McKay when he exited stage left on stretcher.

He deserved it though

scott7_0(Prague)
02-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Anyone at Airdrie for the play off second leg a few years back will remember the sympathy shown to Medals McKay when he exited stage left on stretcher.

He deserved it though

Thought that was Kenny Black, no?

Jim44
02-12-2012, 08:23 PM

To be fair, a lot of them decried the stupidity and cost of the vandalism but I got the impression that they thought the bill wouldn't be paid ( as is their wont) till somebody reminded them that Hibs will deduct the bill at source before sending their cut of the gate money. I hope the damage was significant.

english_hibee
02-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Fantastic - get that invoice sent in pronto Rod

Invoice? Thought we only accepted cash rather than credit? Oh wait, my mistake, that's them :greengrin

CropleyWasGod

Speak for yourself.

Eyrie
Thought that was Kenny Black, no?

Pretty certain it was Mackay. I remember yelling at him to "Cheer up, it could be worse. You could still be playing for Hearts." Which makes as much sense now as it did at the time, but it's stuck in my memory.

pedroorange1875
02-12-2012, 08:33 PM
To be fair, a lot of them decried the stupidity and cost of the vandalism but I got the impression that they thought the bill wouldn't be paid ( as is their wont) till somebody reminded them that Hibs will deduct the bill at source before sending their cut of the gate money. I hope the damage was significant.

So do i, the gold leaf bathrooms and platinum lined mirrors will need replacing. Also the steam rooms and jacuzzi's. Not to mention the thousands of diamond encrusted seats they damaged....wonder how much we will be deducting from their half :wink:

Iggy Pope
02-12-2012, 08:41 PM
A clear demonstration of an oxymoron as opposed to "Hearts fan" which is a clear demonstration of a poxy moron

Now that is good.
:top marks

CraigHibee
02-12-2012, 08:44 PM
They are puddle drinkers, nothing more, nothing less ****my maroon wearing *****bags

EH6 Hibby
02-12-2012, 08:45 PM
I thought it was pathetic the way they were celebrating. As for the people saying we'd do the same, I can honestly say I never have and never will take pleasure in someone getting injured, no matter who they play for.

LancashireHibby
02-12-2012, 09:53 PM
I think we've probably all cheered when a player goes down, but to start celebrating when the stretcher bearers come on is seriously poor form.

Jones28
02-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Disgraceful behaviour, even for them

steakbake
02-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Classless. Edinburgh's shame. I've genuinely never seen anything like that in my life...

hfc rd
02-12-2012, 10:09 PM
They acted as if they had just won the CL. Anyways we had the last laugh and it was great to see Leigh come out at FT and join in with the celebrations.

God Petrie
02-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I've been to literally thousands of hibs games. Never have I seen the opposing fans cheer an injury which warranted a stretcher. ****

Hibbyradge
02-12-2012, 10:18 PM

matty_f
02-12-2012, 10:25 PM
From their 'goals for' stats this season, it's not that surprising that they reacted the way they did - I mean, they have to cheer something.

They can't be that far away from forgetting what cheering a goal feels like.

As for cheering someone getting stretchers off, remember we're talking about a support who came to Easter Road with eye patches after Deano had his op.

Griffiths has more class in the swelling on his ankle than the Yams have collectively.

--------
03-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Classless. Edinburgh's shame. I've genuinely never seen anything like that in my life...

I have. Septic supporters chanting "Yogi, Yogi ..." as Bobby Duncan was stretcherd off in the late 1960's for one example.

Hughes had stamped on the back of Duncan's leg and broken it - deliberately.

The Green Goblin
03-12-2012, 12:47 AM
I disagree, they all looked like they were celebrating. I've never seen that from any team in my life.

My thoughts exactly.

Swedish hibee
03-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I thought it was pathetic the way they were celebrating. As for the people saying we'd do the same, I can honestly say I never have and never will take pleasure in someone getting injured, no matter who they play for.

I have never seen that sick reaction to a Scottish capped player being carried off before.
I myself would never display those actions in public- I may think it or do it in the privacy of my home watching it on telly but to jump up & down and scream for joy.. No.
The sooner this clubs ends. The better.

marinello59
03-12-2012, 06:36 AM
They actually thought that marked the point when the game was handed to them. It just made it all the sweeter when the ball eventually hit the net. It must really, really hurt them to see us bounce back from May so quickly as they slowly sink to the level they deserve.

The Sea-gull
03-12-2012, 08:07 AM
If LG played for them and this happened in a derby we would have reacted in the same way.

He is just one of these players that opposition fans love to hate. Coz he is cocky and quality.

03-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Sickening cheering and dancing as a player is being stretchered off but to be honest nothing surprises me with that horrible low life bunch of tramps.

03-12-2012, 08:15 AM
From their 'goals for' stats this season, it's not that surprising that they reacted the way they did - I mean, they have to cheer something.

They can't be that far away from forgetting what cheering a goal feels like.

As for cheering someone getting stretchers off, remember we're talking about a support who came to Easter Road with eye patches after Deano had his op.

Griffiths has more class in the swelling on his ankle than the Yams have collectively.

Pretty Boy
03-12-2012, 08:16 AM

Disagree that we would have done the same en masse.

Remember at the semi final v them when Goncalves got a serious looking injury. A few guys started chanting 'die, die' and cheering and they were very quickly shouted down and told to shut it in no uncertain terms by a far larger group of supporters.

You'll always get a few idiots but I honestly can't remember a whole stand celebrating a player being injured before. I also don't even get why they hate Griffiths so much? Yes, he's a Hibs fan but what's he ever done to them?

Keith_M
03-12-2012, 08:28 AM
As others have said, we have a few idiots in our support that would probably behave the same way if the roles were reversed but the sheer number of arschlöcher* in their support is amazing.

* German swear words, it's the way forward ;-)

Posh Swanny
Much as I found it very distasteful, would the reaction from Hibees have been that different had a stretcher come on for Skacel against Dundee United the other week?

Davy Mac
Anybody who has played the game either Amateur or Professional generally don't wish a serious injury to any player.

So clearly a lot of them have never played the game before - says it all really.

JollyGreenGiant
03-12-2012, 08:31 AM

:agree:

I think they were celebrating because they saw Leigh getting stretchered off, thought that our only goal threat was gone and that they were going on to win the game.

Fools :na na:

EdinMike
03-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Anybody who has played the game either Amateur or Professional generally don't wish a serious injury to any player.

So clearly a lot of them have never played the game before - says it all really.

I was genuinely aggrieved when I heard David Robertson broke his leg the other night, applauded him off. As I would with any player.

It's this weird emotion called "Compassion" that people of lower intelligence can't get. I understand insects may have this emotion as well.. Says a lot for THEM.

Beefster
03-12-2012, 08:35 AM

It was Barr and it was more an unintended stamp on his ankle/foot.

You, and the majority of decent supporters, might not but that doesn't mean it wouldn't happen.

Hongkong Phooey
03-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Not read the whole thread so apologies if already posted, but I remember being at Broomfield for the play off against Airdrie when Gary MacKay got stretchered off and taken round 2 sides of the ground crammed with Hibbies.

Don't remember a lot of charity towards him.

Special case maybe and I wasn't at the game yesterday so not sure how comparable the incidents are, but we all lose a bit of control at the fitba.

Kato
03-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Maybe the people saying "we would have done the same" could edit their comments to "I would have done the same" as they are in no position to speak for every Hibs fan on this subject.

I reckon about a third of their support were cheering as though they had scored a goal something I've never seen before and hope I never see again.

Thought it worked for us their players seemed to be under the impression we were a one man team too and they visibly relaxed when Leigh went off. Well done Caldwell and of course Spoony.

Phil MaGlass
03-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Maybe the people saying "we would have done the same" could edit their comments to "I would have done the same" as they are in no position to speak for every Hibs fan on this subject.

I reckon about a third of their support were cheering as though they had scored a goal something I've never seen before and hope I never see again.

Thought it worked for us their players seemed to be under the impression we were a one man team too and they visibly relaxed when Leigh went off. Well done Caldwell and of course Spoony.

Its not only their players, so called pundits and media ****s think the same. Aslong as we have cover for our injured players we will come out on top, I think we have a better depth and quality of players than the rest of the league, if we can hold onto that team I honestly believe teams like M,well, Inverness and Dons will die away come the end of January, but we need to keep picking up the points and winning, all we need to do is hang in there until then.

Phil MaGlass
03-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Any news on Leigh´s injury?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-12-2012, 12:23 PM

Definitely, theres an awfy lot of precious folk on here these days.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Was deffo Darren Barr

And Barr got applause from mcglynn when LG was down getting treatment.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2012, 01:05 PM

Was going to ask the same thing.

East Coast Hibe
03-12-2012, 01:31 PM

Bruised and swollen by all accounts.

He tweeted that he should be okay for the weekend :)

Hermit Crab
03-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Bruised and swollen by all accounts.

He tweeted that he should be okay for the weekend :)

Good news, we beat hearts and lg isn't injured long term.

clerriehibs
03-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Not read the whole thread so apologies if already posted, but I remember being at Broomfield for the play off against Airdrie when Gary MacKay got stretchered off and taken round 2 sides of the ground crammed with Hibbies.

Don't remember a lot of charity towards him.

Special case maybe and I wasn't at the game yesterday so not sure how comparable the incidents are, but we all lose a bit of control at the fitba.

Had zaliukas gone off in the same circumstances yesterday ... I'd have been cheering. It was never a bone snapping type leg break situation. They saw as well as we did that he wasn't in such pain that he couldn't hop back on to the pitch.

Had skacel somehow been in their colours yesterday and been stretchered off ... I'd have managed a "cheerio cheerio" right enough.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-12-2012, 02:32 PM
I have. Septic supporters chanting "Yogi, Yogi ..." as Bobby Duncan was stretcherd off in the late 1960's for one example.

Hughes had stamped on the back of Duncan's leg and broken it - deliberately.

I was there and can confirm this, my auld man said after the game that you could hear his leg snap at the fit o the walk, never even got booked for it if memory serves me right..animal

clerriehibs
03-12-2012, 02:34 PM

Nonsense. Never a week goes by without a potential leg breaking over the top challenge being shown on telly. If that's not wishing a serious injury on a player by another player, then I don't know what is.