PDA

View Full Version : Ryan McGivern and Ben Williams

Pretty Boy
02-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Take a bow lads. Outstanding.

Also young Caldwell done well after coming on and Sproules pass in the lead up to the goal was immense.

Get talking to McGivern now though, guy was rock and makes it look so easy.

YehButNoBut
02-12-2012, 04:40 PM
McGivern was our star man today he was absolutely superb in defence, take a bow son.

And please stay at ER, at least until the end of the season.

Williams had 2 great save earlyish in the 1st half and is certainly our best keeper in quite a while.

Well played both. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dibben
02-12-2012, 04:41 PM

Also young Caldwell done on after coming on and Sproules pass in the lead up to the goal was immense.

:thumbsup:

blaikie
02-12-2012, 04:42 PM
McGivern's face was black and blue at full time shows the commiment he has, Him and Hanlon are a good partnership. Don't know where McPake is going to fit in once back to full fitness.

Pretty Boy
02-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Also a special mention for Marius Zaliukas.

Hibs goalscoring legend.

PeeJay
02-12-2012, 04:44 PM

Also young Caldwell done on after coming on and Sproules pass in the lead up to the goal was immense.

Good shout - Caldwell should get more game time in my opnion - think McGivern got an elbow in the face towards the hectic end of the game that we won and Hearts lost!:greengrin

neil7908
02-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Whole defence was rock solid, would also say Stevenson deserves a lot of praise - was out of the team for a while but has come back, played out of position and has looked excellent.

Ben Williams is a top quality keeper, cant remember how long he is under contract for but give him a long term deal now as I haven't seen a better shot stopper playing for us this century!

Cocaine&Caviar
02-12-2012, 04:56 PM
McGivern's face was black and blue at full time shows the commiment he has, Him and Hanlon are a good partnership. Don't know where McPake is going to fit in once back to full fitness.

WILLIAMS

CLANCY - McPAKE - HANLON - McGIVERN

is a great back 5 IMO.

Peevemor
02-12-2012, 04:59 PM
I think Sproule also deserves a lot of credit. He kept the ball well, won a few corners and generally took a lot of pressure off us at a crucial, twitchy ringpiece period of the match.

AlbertK86
02-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Defo my MOM by a country mile - so composed

If Clancy going to be out for a while I Would be tempted to keep him in there with McPake and put Hanlon at right back

Hope we can keep him til end of season

blaikie
02-12-2012, 05:05 PM
WILLIAMS

is a great back 5 IMO.

That could be the best back line on the league, Hopefully Clancy is back soon my heart can't take Maybury there any longer.

spike220
02-12-2012, 05:08 PM
I think Sproule also deserves a lot of credit. He kept the ball well, won a few corners and generally took a lot of pressure off us at a crucial, twitchy ringpiece period of the match.

Yes I was thinking the same, a good sub imho.

GGTTH

essexhibee
02-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Sproule was a good sub today I thought. Actually brought something to the table.

Williams save inside two minutes was massive. McGivern was a wall never looked like he was going to be beaten. Alan maybury needs to be dropped however utter pish. English mate kept asking me who that guy is he's pash.

hibee_girl
02-12-2012, 05:20 PM

Absolutely.

I think Stevenson was also great again today, he's the smallest player on the pitch yet won most balls in the air.

AlbertK86
02-12-2012, 05:21 PM
WILLIAMS

is a great back 5 IMO.

Might be tempted to swap McGivern and Hanlon around. McGivern gives us much more composure centrally. Saying that Hanlon played very well today

hfc rd
02-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Like I have said on the other threads. Ryan McGivern is the best defender in the league. I absolutely hope that paddy and the board are working extremely hard to sign him and Griffiths up permanently.

TheReg!
02-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Wee Lewis was a excellent today, he has been good these last few weeks and deserves credit. Well done wee man:not worth:flag:

stalbanshibby
02-12-2012, 05:38 PM

Also young Caldwell done well after coming on and Sproules pass in the lead up to the goal was immense.

:thumbsup::top marks

McGivern is different class. Williams is the best goalie in a while. Stevenson did well. Hanlon was no-nonsense. Maybury was OK too.

When Deegan got hurt I thought we'd struggle in midfield but wee Taiwo's not a bad player as replacement. Claros run's everywhere.

Fenlon is God.

:fenlon

Great result.

Hibee D
02-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Thought McGivern was outstanding for entire game and definitely my MOM.

McPake and McGivern needs to be the central pairing once McPake back.

GGTTH

Greenblood70
02-12-2012, 05:54 PM
McGivern's commitment is phenomenal. He was outstanding today and at the moment holds that defence together imo.

Was great to have Big Ben today as well...he was assured in everything he did and seems to have put his early mistakes (which were imo the result of trying too hard) behind him. Tbf to him he was also making some unbelievable saves at that time.

We really need the Hibs board to SUABC now as the supporters reacted to last May with an unbelievable show of loyalty...it's imperative we keep Leigh, Jorge and McGivern and don't return to the days of signing cheap journeymen. There's a reason why we're better this season, its because we have decent players, who have the right attitude and are prepared to go the extra mile to ensure a victory. Letting them all leave now would be catastrophic for morale and continuinty.

Suburban Hibby
02-12-2012, 05:58 PM
McGivern is outstanding, so far ahead of the others it's frightening.
He must know it, we can see it- would be a major scoop to keep him past Jan.

jdships
02-12-2012, 05:59 PM
WILLIAMS

is a great back 5 IMO.

Would prefer ( on current form
Williams
Clancy , McGivern , Hanlon ,Stevenson

Baker9
02-12-2012, 06:02 PM
WILLIAMS

is a great back 5 IMO.

Best back 5 in forty years. :agree:Thank you, Pat Fenlon, thank you.

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-12-2012, 06:02 PM
We need to keep McGivern as much as Griffiths until end of season.

thebakerboy
02-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Just watching match on tv (recorded it) and don't remember a player heading the ball as often in a match as Ryan , maybe its just the hair but I bet he has a sore heid tonight.