PDA

View Full Version : Butcher does a Leigh/Pat Fenlon

PatHead
01-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Thought I saw it at the end of the game but wasn't sure so waited until I could see the highlights. If you watch the highlights look at Butcher's re-action to their equaliser in injury time.

( :fenlon). Definately aimed at Ross County fans. Wonder if Mr Lunny is watching or if only sees it when Hibs are involved?

link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20569486#asset

stormchild
01-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Yes you're exactly right. Said to the wife about it and said he should be done for that a pat was. If nothing comes out of it then someone should report it to sfa.

JohnStephens91
01-12-2012, 08:43 PM
What about the Thistle fan running up the touchline at the end haha

Hibs Class
01-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Saw it at the time. Seems a shame but there is no doubt Butcher will get a ban after how Fenlon was punished.

Elephant Stone
01-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Thought I saw it at the end of the game but wasn't sure so waited until I could see the highlights. If you watch the highlights look at Butcher's re-action to their equaliser in injury time.

( :fenlon). Definately aimed at Ross County fans. Wonder if Mr Lunny is watching or if only sees it when Hibs are involved?

link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20569486#asset

He only watches Hibs games. Everyone hates Hibs.

Sir David Gray
01-12-2012, 10:28 PM
It's there for all to see.

It cannot be ignored and he must be banned after the way that Fenlon and Griffiths were treated last season.

Hibercelona
01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
He should get a ban, but I hope he doesn't. As Adams is a prick and I like Butcher. :agree:

Russell The Dug
01-12-2012, 11:13 PM
He should get a ban, but I hope he doesn't. As Adams is a prick and I like Butcher. :agree:

Wouldn't mind him getting the gig here when Paddy moves on to the premiership

hfc rd
01-12-2012, 11:34 PM
If it was aimed at calderclowns assistant Adams, then that is fine with me. When did the fud ever show that enthusiasm on the pitch when he was here?

jane_says
01-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Did anyone watch the interviews from that game? Adams comes across as a condescending obnoxious little t**t. GIRUY Derek ya clown.

Jim44
02-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Butcher's gesture was really a general 'yesssssss!!!!' whereas Fenlon was undoubtedly making a strong gesture to the Jambos. It'll be farcical if Butcher gets done for that.

Hibercelona
02-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Did anyone watch the interviews from that game? Adams comes across as a condescending obnoxious little t**t. GIRUY Derek ya clown.

:agree:

Any team they ever fail to beat is "lucky" as Ross County always dominates the proceedings.... :blah:

The man needs put down.

Carheenlea
02-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Butcher's gesture was really a general 'yesssssss!!!!' whereas Fenlon was undoubtedly making a strong gesture to the Jambos. It'll be farcical if Butcher gets done for that.

Don`t think it should really matter. Such gestures are either permitted or they are not.

marinello59
02-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Don`t think it should really matter. Such gestures are either permitted or they are not.

Should we all behave like the class clipe and report the nasty man? Please sir, he made a rude sign and didnt get a row. It's not fair.:greengrin

Jim44
02-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Should we all behave like the class clipe and report the nasty man? Please sir, he made a rude sign and didnt get a row. It's not fair.:greengrin

Cliping is not the issue here. I've already said that Butcher shouldn't get done for this. The inconsistencies of poor refereeing however is a really serious issue. The managers themselves are asking for a clearly defined code of conduct in terms of what they can say or do.

PatHead
02-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Totally disagree Jim. I don't agree with some of the punishments handed out but we have been punished by losing our start player and our manager for games. Imagine if PF was banned from the dugout today for doing that or McGlynn/McCoist/Lennon got off with it. We would be going bananas.

It is surely one rule for all or no rule. It can't be applied selectively and at the risk of sounding like everyone is out to get us we seem to get more than our fair share of punishments.

leithsansiro
02-12-2012, 01:06 PM
As with Fenlon's case, total nonsense if Butcher is charged with the gesture. If punter's are prepared to give out stick, they can't complain at getting anything back. I'd imagine that he'd been getting a bit of abuse following County's apparent winner, so to shut up the vocal support was probably nice. No malice, no provocation, move on.

But Fenlon's was still better.

vanNISHtelroy
02-12-2012, 01:13 PM
As soon as I saw it when I watched the highlights this morning (recorded them cos I couldn't be bothered listening to all the "expert" analysis between the games), I knew there would be a thread about it on here.

But totally agree that they have to be consistent in how they apply these rules.