PDA

View Full Version : SFA fans survey

Part/Time Supporter
30-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Blurb at HFC (link at foot) (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20121130/national-football-survey-_2262950_2996186)

Frazerbob
30-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Tried to do the survey this morning but got so bored I quit half way through. It's FAR too long!

GreenCastle
30-11-2012, 12:30 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3549

Make the SFA aware of your thoughts - saying it's too long is a poor excuse :greengrin - however I do agree there are certain parts badly written - I have filled it in.

lord bunberry
30-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Yet another survey for the powers that be to completely ignore. I will fill it in in the hope that if they keep hearing the same thing enough times they might eventually listen

Gatecrasher
30-11-2012, 12:38 PM
That took forever :yawn:

Darth Hibbie
30-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Done it but some of the questions were a bit strange forcing you to prioritise stuff when they were all important so the answers will not accurately reflect opinions. At least there was a summer football option there :greengrin

Togs91
30-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Might not listen to anything i say but hey, might win a football :thumbsup:

TheEastTerrace
30-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Jesus christ, one of the most poorly designed surveys I've ever filled in. Reflective of the malaise.

Eyrie
30-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Didn't think it was worth the effort. For example one question asks you to rank ten sources in order of reliability, when it would be better to ask how reliable each of them is.

Another one that annoyed me was the bland question about the size of the top flight. I answered "12", but that will be misinterpreted as support for the current arrangement rather than for the SPL proposal of two leagues of 12 (and presumably a league of 18 underneath it).

Cabbage East
30-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Terrible survey. Badly designed and took far too long.

Hiber-nation
30-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Jesus christ, one of the most poorly designed surveys I've ever filled in. Reflective of the malaise.

:agree:

Although the 2nd half is better than the first which was tortuous. Take a look at their website and you'll see a comparison - badly designed, difficult to navigate, antiquated.

The_Sauz
30-11-2012, 03:39 PM
When asked "Who do you attend matches with" no mention of close family members :brickwall

JimBHibees
30-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Thought the question on rank the different changes in the SFA and listed Professional Game Board, Board, Council had never heard of half of these things and cant imagine most fans have either. Seemed contrived to get a particular answer.

Carheenlea
30-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Got to the 40% stage then had enough and packed it in. Struggled to keep my eyes open for what I managed to fill in.

Greendub
30-11-2012, 05:25 PM
I tried to answer a section, but it kept changing my ******g answers as apparently good coaches and listen to supporters cannot both be important, fuds

EuanH78
30-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Dreadful survey

down-the-slope
30-11-2012, 06:29 PM
I confess having read posts above I reckoned you were all just being a bunch of moaning whingers and survey would probably be fine.......:shocked:

Turgid in the extreme...so much of it is badly explained and many do not allow 'N/A' (or couldn't care)...and when 'other' is selected no way to state what that is - i presume there not interested in those thinking beyond narrow..

I have got to 38% and have to go out.....may never make the end

hfc rd
30-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Eventually got bored and packed it in. Worst survey ever. Typical SFA.

VickMackie
30-11-2012, 09:58 PM
They don't give a **** anyway.

When the **** were going down the tubes the SPL and sfa never gave a **** about the fans.

Onion
30-11-2012, 10:15 PM
That took forever :yawn:

Well done for getting through that.

IMHO it is nothing more than paying lip-service to the voice of the fans - so when they come out with their next restructure they can say they "consulted the fans". The other problem of course is that the Celtic and Sevco 3rd Div fans will disproportionately sway the results.

The REAL power of non-OF fans was displayed the summer in threatening to walk away from the game altogether, when the media and authorities threatened to undermine the game for their own self interest. That was a serious wake-up call to everyone connected to football - the authorities, the media and the clubs themselves.

IMHO, the SFA & SPL proved beyond any reasonable doubt that they are not fit for purpose and should be regarded as "hostile" by any self respecting football fan. No amount of "consulting" or platitudes changes the fact that these are the same people who promised under the table deals to the Huns and talked of "Armagedon".

VickMackie
30-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Well done for getting through that.

IMHO it is nothing more than paying lip-service to the voice of the fans - so when they come out with their next restructure they can say they "consulted the fans". The other problem of course is that the Celtic and Sevco 3rd Div fans will disproportionately sway the results.

The REAL power of non-OF fans was displayed the summer in threatening to walk away from the game altogether, when the media and authorities threatened to undermine the game for their own self interest. That was a serious wake-up call to everyone connected to football - the authorities, the media and the clubs themselves.

IMHO, the SFA & SPL proved beyond any reasonable doubt that they are not fit for purpose and should be regarded as "hostile" by any self respecting football fan. No amount of "consulting" or platitudes changes the fact that these are the same people who promised under the table deals to the Huns and talked of "Armagedon".

And by making the survey too time consuming they can say the fans don't care because not many filled it in.

NAE NOOKIE
01-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Managed to get through it, but what a drudge it was.

Lucky there wasnt a part where it would have been possible for me to express how annoyed I am that both the senior and under 21 teams are now based in the west. I used to enjoy under 21 games at ER.

Hibs7
01-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Left a comment on the bias towards the old firm, hope every one else did the same.

hibeenicol
01-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Never noticed anyone post this up, but have your say on how scottish football should be run.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=11041&newsCategoryID=1

twiceinathens
01-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Presumably someone was actually paid to design this sorry effort. If you believed in conspiracy theories you would be convinced that this was a planned effort to confuse and deter the participants in order that they would give up in frustration and thus the returns would be minimal. However a conspiracy requires some planning ability and this is the SFA we are talking about.

WarringtonHibee
01-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Got bored after 30 seconds, gave up.

Designed by a cretin.