PDA

View Full Version : Most satisfaction ???

TheReg!
30-11-2012, 06:53 PM
What player has given you the most satisfaction for scoring against the Mutants?

1st Deeks 0-1 pen AKA "Casper" at PBS
2nd Steve Archiebald at PBS

AND hopefully Claros on Sunday:flag:

Hainan Hibs
30-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Probably more obvious ones but I'll go for John O'Neil when he rocketed home an equaliser at the PBS under Sauzee. Hearts fans had been silent for 85+ minutes and then started to get cocky thinking they had got it in the bag, then up pops O'Neil with a screamer. Celebrations were ace.

You'll never beat the Sauzee:thumbsup:

Makaveli
30-11-2012, 07:06 PM
It was some night when Deek scored that penalty, but I always think back to Kenny Miller's late goal to make it 0-3 in the Millenium Derby. That was my first win at Tynecastle (and probably still the coldest I've ever been). I'm sure that night was also the debut of the "You're Not Very Good" chant. Anyway, the Hearts support was long gone and our stand was doing "shhh" just as young Kenny broke through, then calmly slotted it away... cue the place erupting again and thousands of frozen seats snapping in the celebrations. :thumbsup:

Those are two that have given me the most satisfaction. Most elation has to be Deano's winner in April 2005 followed closely by Boozy's goal that killed them six months later. Those were the days! High time for some new memories like these and not much time to get them in before their rancid bubble bursts.

on-the-level
30-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Gordon Hunter :cb

Sir David Gray
30-11-2012, 07:27 PM
The night Riordan rammed home that penalty was magic!

On my way to the game, I heard the team news and we had such a weakened team, I actually considered turning around and driving home, I was really dreading the result.

So glad I made the decision to go and stay until the end! :thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
30-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Sauzees 25 yd screamer in Millenium derby then running all the way to the fans. Gives me a warm glow!!:greengrin

JollyGreenGiant
30-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Steve Archibald - first time I saw us beat them at tynie. I can still remember him hitting that left foot shot, it was pouring with rain and i didn't even see it hit the back of the net, as the Hibs fans standing on terracing went absolutely crazy!!

What a day - Archie was a class act!

Mr White
30-11-2012, 10:00 PM
russell volleying in the sixth no doubt about it. singing we want seven and being so close to it.:flag:

Broken Gnome
30-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Brian Kerr!

Mr White
30-11-2012, 10:04 PM
pat mcginlays equaliser in the new year game under duffy was pretty good too, though it did have the unfortunate effect of extending duffers time in charge.

TamHibs
30-11-2012, 10:06 PM
pat mcginlays equaliser in the new year game under duffy was pretty good too, though it did have the unfortunate effect of extending duffers time in charge.

Was that the 2-2 game in '98? If so that was my first derby! For me it has to be O'Connors goal to kill them in the unbeatable derby. Had my 18th inside ER the same night :D

wookie70
30-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Joe McBrides late goal for a draw, Kevin Harper at new year and Geebs.

Minder
30-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Steve Archibald - first time I saw us beat them at tynie. I can still remember him hitting that left foot shot, it was pouring with rain and i didn't even see it hit the back of the net, as the Hibs fans standing on terracing went absolutely crazy!!

"Oh Archie Archie, Archie Archie Archie Archibald". Still cant believe Miller signed him. His goal against the Yams in the rain is only bettered by Kuqi's :greengrin

:pfgwa

Bobo
30-11-2012, 10:08 PM
1. - Pat Stanton, November 1975 at Tynie ... felt almost as good as a win :agree:

2. - Latapy in the 6-2 ... great move, great finish - pure class :flag:

yekimevol
30-11-2012, 10:09 PM
benji / brown game.

Just a game or two after the 4-0 semi, getting stick from everywhere. we win two one scotty brown plays with knee knee band as he still had knee ligament damage and then benjis celebrations down towards the great unwashed.

My second favorite hibs game ever.

Broken Gnome
30-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Actually, at the time, Kevin Harper's winner in April 1998 meant a hell of a lot. Noisest I've heard ER after a goal aside from Athens and the unbeatable game.

Diclonius
30-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Vaz Te in 2011 for three minutes.

neilmartinrocks
30-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Was that the 2-2 game in '98? If so that was my first derby! For me it has to be O'Connors goal to kill them in the unbeatable derby. Had my 18th inside ER the same night :D

think it was the new years game, we won the next one 2-1 and then got relegated!! (iirc)

iwasthere1972
30-11-2012, 11:21 PM
There are so many but have to go for the "We are unbeatable" game just after Burley was sacked.

Magic. :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
01-12-2012, 12:01 AM

That away end on that day went into sheer bedlam when Archie scored......Loved every minute of it.....

Geebsy at Tynie was magic to end that run....

Millenium derby 0-3 was superb......

Every time we beat that crud I just wallow in pride and smugness..................I walk back through the mutants to get to my flat, and love just walking past them grinning like a big dafty.....

kentao
01-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Brian Kerr vs THEM at the PBS the only decent thing he done in a Hibs jersey lol.

Mr White
01-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Actually, at the time, Kevin Harper's winner in April 1998 meant a hell of a lot. Noisest I've heard ER after a goal aside from Athens and the unbeatable game.

First time I saw us beat them. Harpers goal was quality.

BarneyK
01-12-2012, 08:14 AM
I always yearn for a repeat of the Millennium derby performance. Forget the scoreline, we were so in control of that match it wasnae real. Not at all like the derby we're all generally served. Pure quality. The influence of Sauzee in that side was never so obvious as that marvellous night. :flag:

DanTheMan
01-12-2012, 08:21 AM
The Dean Shiels winner @ the PBS. Some night :thumbsup:

erin go bragh
01-12-2012, 08:36 AM
The game at the pbs when Brown [keeper]gave them a goal of a start ,then goals from O'connor and Shiels gave us the win .[was my laddies first game at the pbs ]

But tbh every time we beat them gives me the same level of satisfaction .

ggtth

EuanH78
01-12-2012, 08:58 AM
O'connors in the 'we only need ten men' derby should be mentioned

TheReg!
01-12-2012, 09:30 AM
How good would it be if Kuqi scores the winner in the last minute, swan diving in front of the East :flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Brian Kerr vs THEM at the PBS the only decent thing he done in a Hibs jersey lol.

BK - Probably our version of Husref Musemic - yes him.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-12-2012, 10:25 AM
How good would it be if Kuqi scores the winner in the last minute, swan diving in front of the East :flag:

Seismic activity then detected in the ER vicinity ;) Kuqi ? well we can but hope...

Pretty Boy
01-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Gordon Hunter for 2 reasons.

Firstly that was the 1st time I'd seen us beat Hearts.

Secondly in an.argument years later with a merrick, he stated that it was tragic that the highlight of Gordon Hunters career was one goal in a league game. I was delighted to reply that i assumed the highlight of Gordons career was actually winning a trophy ay Hampden and that was far more than any of the Hearts players of the 80s and early 90s could say. Players like Gary 'Adolf' Mackay for example.