PDA

View Full Version : BBC Scotland Sport - Embarrassing.

Thecat23
30-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Can't believe the biggest game this w'end didn't even get a mention on tonight's sport on the BBC. Are they having a laugh? Covered ICT v COUNTY then golf??? Ram your tv licence up your Pedo loving jam rolls!

SteveHFC
30-11-2012, 05:56 PM
BBC and STV are both **** :aok:

truehibernian
30-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Can't believe the biggest game this w'end didn't even get a mention on tonight's sport on the BBC. Are they having a laugh? Covered ICT v COUNTY then golf??? Ram your tv licence up your Pedo loving jam rolls!

I'd rather they down play the game mate - talking needs done on the pitch and McGlynn has done our team talk today with his disrespectful crass chat - spoke to a coach today who said the whole Hibs squad are straining at the leash to get torn into them.

Simply cant wait for this game . Love it.

hibee
30-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Same last night, mentioned Celtic and showed their goals but no mention of the hibs game!

Hiber-nation
30-11-2012, 06:12 PM

STV are alright, interview with Paddy, can't ask for more than that.

Sweet Left Peg
30-11-2012, 06:14 PM

Agree 100%. Budget, cringeworthy and not worth bothering about.

Onion
30-11-2012, 06:15 PM

Yip, real bummer not getting more coverage of the last time we met in the SC, our 110 year unbroken record or 12 match unbeaten run against the Yams :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
30-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Really surprised that there was no mention of it on the BBC.

They normally don't need an invitation to remind everyone of what happened in the Scottish Cup final last year. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they'll make up for it on the Sportscene highlights show though.

Thecat23
30-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I'd rather they down play the game mate - talking needs done on the pitch and McGlynn has done our team talk today with his disrespectful crass chat - spoke to a coach today who said the whole Hibs squad are straining at the leash to get torn into them.

I agree mate, I was meaning promoting the game in general. Didn't even mention it!! Really hope we come out the traps flying Sunday. Hearts can't play if we are on top of them.

DrewDogg1875
30-11-2012, 06:26 PM
BBC Scotland's offering was, as we've become accustomed to, utter garbage. Particularly inept, considering that it's us v THEM in the Scottish Cup again & our unfortunate recent previous. Don't particularly share the feeling (of some) that the Beeb is inherently against Hibs but in recent times the shoddy/lazy journalism, non-impartial guest 'contributors' & resultant bias has been frankly rank.

Thecat23
30-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Yip, real bummer not getting more coverage of the last time we met in the SC, our 110 year unbroken record or 12 match unbeaten run against the Yams :rolleyes:

Think your missing the point bud! Coverage of the biggest game in Scotland this w'end should have been top story. We get a full week before an Old Firm derby. Shows BBC are defo bias to the Weegie still. At least STV interviewed Pat.

Jones28
30-11-2012, 06:29 PM
I mentioned this on a thread last night and was called paranoid and compared to Celtic and hearts fans!

cabbageandribs1875
30-11-2012, 06:31 PM
someone should start a poll on how many times last seasons SC final will be mentioned, it's getting as boring as listening to commentators on engerlund games mentioning 1966 :rolleyes:

Broken Gnome
30-11-2012, 06:32 PM
They're only able to televise the Highland Derby so aren't gotng to hype a game live on Sky in two days time. They did refer to it, just didn't mention it.

Thecat23
30-11-2012, 06:33 PM
For the record I'm not wanting them to go on about last year. I'm saying the biggest game this w'end is Hibs v Hearts. When the old firm play its in our face. Wonder if they will bother even mentioning the game come Monday?!!!

Thecat23
30-11-2012, 06:35 PM
They're only able to televise the Highland Derby so aren't gotng to hype a game live on Sky in two days time. They did refer to it, just didn't mention it.

Sorry mate but if that's how they are thinking that's childish. STV did interviews and covered it. Mentioning a game that's on Sky never stopped them before when talking about Celtic and Rangers every week does it?!

Sir David Gray
30-11-2012, 06:36 PM

As a previous poster has mentioned, any Old Firm game from the past has normally been shown live on Sky. Do you honestly think the BBC Scotland sports news wouldn't preview an Old Firm match just because it's going to be shown on Sky Sports?

I understand that they'll want to promote the Ross County-Inverness match as it's live on the BBC tomorrow but the Hibs-Hearts match is, by far, the biggest match in Scotland this weekend and the lack of coverage that was given to it was embarrassing.

Thecat23
30-11-2012, 06:40 PM
As a previous poster has mentioned, any Old Firm game from the past has normally been shown live on Sky. Do you honestly think the BBC Scotland sports news wouldn't preview an Old Firm match just because it's going to be shown on Sky Sports?

I understand that they'll want to promote the Ross County-Inverness match as it's live on the BBC tomorrow but the Hibs-Hearts match is, by far, the biggest match in Scotland this weekend and the lack of coverage that was given to it was embarrassing.

Exactly mate.

ScottB
30-11-2012, 06:44 PM

What was he saying likes? Good news that the squad is up for it though!

Golden Bear
30-11-2012, 06:44 PM
The only coverage we.get from BBC SCOTLAND is bad coverage so no news is good news as far as I'm concerned.

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-11-2012, 06:57 PM
STV news is regionised to the East which is why we get decent coverage.

Emerald
30-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Complain then, I did. The weegie's never cease to amaze me at just how much they are caught up in all things Rantic that nothing else really matters. BBC Scotland are as weegie biased as the main BBC are London biased. Anything outside doesn't matter. :grr:

Takes two minutes, go for it:

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor

stoneyburn hibs
30-11-2012, 07:15 PM
FFS stop being so precious , so what if we are not on every media outlet every single day , yes massive game on sunday to those who are concerned. Covered in the media, i dont give a flying, let them report after our victory.

Thecat23
30-11-2012, 07:29 PM
FFS stop being so precious , so what if we are not on every media outlet every single day , yes massive game on sunday to those who are concerned. Covered in the media, i dont give a flying, let them report after our victory.

Easy tiger, I'm saying that the biggest game in Scotland didn't get one bit of coverage. Whether its our game or not its totally unprofessional. I don't usually bother with these things but to blank it completely was unreal.

stoneyburn hibs
30-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Easy tiger, I'm saying that the biggest game in Scotland didn't get one bit of coverage. Whether its our game or not its totally unprofessional. I don't usually bother with these things but to blank it completely was unreal.

Cat its happened for donkeys years mate , west coast media - em.

hibee
30-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Maybe they will cover it tomorrow since it's a Sunday game.

Thecat23
30-11-2012, 08:12 PM
I know bud it's just frustrating. Shame they can't just give every derby the publicity it deserves.

jabis
30-11-2012, 08:29 PM

I don't know the french for "Easy tiger", but what's the french for "thecat" ?

Onion
30-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Think your missing the point bud! Coverage of the biggest game in Scotland this w'end should have been top story. We get a full week before an Old Firm derby. Shows BBC are defo bias to the Weegie still. At least STV interviewed Pat.

Point's not missed on me at all. Lack of coverage of anything non-OF is nothing new. IMHO the lack of coverage of this game is a blessing !

I'd be more upset if I was a Yam as it's a missed opportunity to remind everyone about 110 years, 5-1 or the 12 going on 22 unbeaten run they are on. Or maybe they could confirm that we have McPake and Clancy out ? Or how Hibs are favourites because of our league position :rolleyes:

Sorry, but there is NO coverage of this match that can make me - as a Hibs fan - feel good about the game, so I'll not be putting in any complaints to the BBC.

This match will be won on the pitch not in the pre-match crap we've all come to expect. Hibs need to just get the job done.

Mikey
30-11-2012, 09:21 PM

Yep.

Sorry mate but if that's how they are thinking that's childish. STV did interviews and covered it. Mentioning a game that's on Sky never stopped them before when talking about Celtic and Rangers every week does it?!

That's how SSN operate all the time, it's basically advertising for their own product.

Take American Football as an example, they hardly talked about it until they signed a deal to show the games and now we get it rammed down our throats. It's just an advertising tool for their paid sports channels.

At The Edge
30-11-2012, 09:35 PM
This is from their sport pages today, previewing the Cowdenbeath v St Johnstone game.

Cowdenbeath player-manager Colin Cameron: "I watched St Johnstone winning against Hibs in midweek and I know that they can actually play better than they did in that game.
"They're favourites, but we have to make the most of clubs not liking playing on our narrow pitch. We gave Hibs a real fright last season and we will look to repeat that."

does no-one proof read articles before they go up live?

Shrekko
30-11-2012, 10:14 PM
The only coverage we.get from BBC SCOTLAND is bad coverage so no news is good news as far as I'm concerned.

Some of the paranoia on here is quite worrying.

In this country, the media care only about the Old Firm- to suggest there is some kind of anti-Hibs agenda is a bit cringey is it not? We rightly take the mickey out of Rantic fans for this kind of stuff.

iwasthere1972
30-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I mentioned this on a thread last night and was called paranoid and compared to Celtic and hearts fans!

Whoever said that needs to have a word with themselves. :greengrin

Honestly, Hope we don't get a mention by any of the media in the lead up to Sunday's massive game. Softly softly approach until kick off then let them have it.

Dashing Bob S
30-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Thoroughly detest that corrupt and sleazy den of obnoxious, incompetent paedophilles.

And please, don't even get me started on the BBC.

NOLA
01-12-2012, 02:39 AM
I don't know the french for "Easy tiger", but what's the french for "thecat" ?

would it be "le chat" :greengrin

JohnStephens91
01-12-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm sure I caught this on the BBC News channel last night: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20561798

number9dream
01-12-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm sure I caught this on the BBC News channel last night: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20561798

Same piece was on BBC Scotland lunchtime news and has been on Beeb website since 4 o'clock yesterday.
Obviously bumped for Highland derby feature at teatime.
Bit of an over-reaction here perhaps...

silverhibee
01-12-2012, 10:44 AM

STV/Edinburgh is the worst as it is meant to be about news in the Edinburgh area, "and here's Caroline with the sport" cue egg chasing talk celtc newco and a we spraff with Mcglynn, and nothing about Hibs most nights, BBC have never gave us any air time so it didn't surprise me that we didn't get a mention on there poxy weegie news programme.

Golden Bear
01-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Some of the paranoia on here is quite worrying.

In this country, the media care only about the Old Firm- to suggest there is some kind of anti-Hibs agenda is a bit cringey is it not? We rightly take the mickey out of Rantic fans for this kind of stuff.

On the contrary. If there's is not an anti-Hibs agenda then the BBC reporters seem to take great pleasure in winding Hibs fans up and seldom have anything good to say about the Club.

For the prosecution side I give you Liam Mcleod; Richard Gordon; Paul Mitchell; Wee Fat Robbo and Alan Preston. These guys are the front line culprits but going by the numerous errors & omissions in the sports headlines, I'm sure that there are many other yam moles working away in the background. The case is irrefutable.

truehibernian
01-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Five minutes into the Highland derby and already fat Liam has mentioned two players' winning goals v Hibs. Deary me Liam you aren't half bitter about us eh.

CropleyWasGod
01-12-2012, 11:22 AM
On the contrary. If there's is not an anti-Hibs agenda then the BBC reporters seem to take great pleasure in winding Hibs fans up and seldom have anything good to say about the Club.

For the prosecution side I give you Liam Mcleod; Richard Gordon; Paul Mitchell; Wee Fat Robbo and Alan Preston. These guys are the front line culprits but going by the numerous errors & omissions in the sports headlines, I'm sure that there are many other yam moles working away in the background. The case is irrefutable.

It seems it's working :greengrin

SMAXXA
01-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Five minutes into the Highland derby and already fat Liam has mentioned two players' winning goals v Hibs. Deary me Liam you aren't half bitter about us eh.

Funny that I was thinking exactly the same lol :greengrin

Heisenberg
01-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Third time Liam Mcleod has mentioned Hibs getting beaten now. Any idea why he seems to love sticking the boot in?

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2012, 11:27 AM
kindly reminding us that mark brown shipped 5 goals in last seasons final :rolleyes: i think everyone knows this by now you F****n moron grade A tw@t

oh ffs just realised master cake baker robertson is summarising :trumpet:

truehibernian
01-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Third time Liam Mcleod has mentioned Hibs getting beaten now. Any idea why he seems to love sticking the boot in?

Because 1) we humped his team twice in the SC in last 5 years, and 2) he works with ex Hearts pundits.

on-the-level
01-12-2012, 11:34 AM

Who is Liam Mcleod? Is he a :jamboclow?

The_Sauz
01-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Liam Mcleod....is that the guy who did the commentary at the Dundee Utd v Hearts League Cup tie this season and spent more time talking about the cup final than the game :confused:

Golden Bear
01-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Who is Liam Mcleod? Is he a :jamboclow?

He's a scrawny little turd who claims to be a Dons fan but I think we all know where his real allegiance lies.

on-the-level
01-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Even the ref's aHertz cant!:rolleyes:

on-the-level
01-12-2012, 11:42 AM
He's a scrawny little turd who claims to be a Dons fan but I think we all know where his real allegiance lies.

Mabye wee fat Rob is giving him a gam for every negative Hibs coment?:aok:

on-the-level
01-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Mabye wee fat Rob is giving him a gam for every negative Hibs coment?:aok:

Sounds like fat Rob is talking with his mouth full!!

Liam's knob or an early h/t pie?:greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Liam Mcleod....is that the guy who did the commentary at the Dundee Utd v Hearts League Cup tie this season and spent more time talking about the cup final than the game :confused:

The very one.

It was when they were taking the penalties that I really noticed it. Every time a Hearts player came up to take one, he would say their name and then follow it up with "another hero from May" or words to that effect.

Fanny. :aok:

As others have already said, the BBC would not allow people of a Celtic or Sevco persuasion to make as many disparaging comments about the other side as we have whenever a Hearts minded pundit makes any comments about Hibs.

I fully expect amateurish comments from pundits who are on other outlets, like Real Radio for example, but I've always expected different standards from anyone who is working on behalf of the publicly funded BBC.

Maybe that's my first mistake.

ekhibee
01-12-2012, 02:27 PM
don't really see how there's an old firm bias just now when they've spent every second minute going on about the Ross County v ICT game recently. To be honest, I couldn't care less about what John Robertson or Allan Preston have to say about the cup game, not to mention the opportunity people like that will take to curry sympathy for Hearts financial predicament. I really hate Hearts and have no interest in them at all except the pleasure I would get from beating them, I'm fed up with the obvious BBC Hearts bias so I just don't listen to it. If we win on Sunday all that build up will become totally irrelevant anyway. Just my opinion though.

iwasthere1972
01-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Sky Sports News coverage was pretty pathetic. Started off by saying that Hibs are hoping to avenge the 5-1 result in May but instead of having an interview with Pat Fenlon or someone connected with the club (that's what I would have expected) up pops Elmer J. Fudd waffling again.