PDA

View Full Version : Keith Wright

johnrebus
30-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Read a great piece yesterday about Keith and his Cup Final problem.

Seems his youngest son Harry - aged 6 or 7 - wanted to stay to the end to see Hearts get presented with the cup etc, while everyone else just wanted to leave after 48 minutes........,

To make matters worse, young Harry then asked dad if he could have a Hearts jersey with Skacel on the back...... Thankfully this was just too much and the request was firmly refused.

However, made me think that I could never imagine any Jambo player - past or present - telling a tale in such an honest, self effacing and humble manner.

Keith Wright. Hibs legend and absolute gentleman.

:not worth

Frazerbob
30-11-2012, 10:19 AM

Seems his youngest son Harry - aged 6 or 7 - wanted to stay to the end to see Hearts get presented with the cup etc, while everyone else just wanted to leave after 48 minutes........,

To make matters worse, young Harry then asked dad if he could have a Hearts jersey with Skacel on the back...... Thankfully this was just too much and the request was firmly refused.

However, made me think that I could never imagine any Jambo player - past or present - telling a tale in such an honest, self effacing and humble manner.

He should have kept that to himself. The Merricks will be lapping it up!

spike220
30-11-2012, 11:31 AM

Well done keith the boy would have been dispappointed when:

1. Skacel had to go -could not afford him anymore
2. He had to give up his birthday money to buy worthless shares
3. Faces the indignity of being pumped by Hibs once the team is forced to live within its means
4. Faces the continual threats of winding up orders
5. Realises he supports a team in terminal decline
6. He realised the manager could win a halloween fancy dress competion while wearing his sunday best
7. He realises the stadium is unsafe and needs knocking down
8. He is forceably has to attend cake sales with other hearts fans
9. Has to watch the mighty Hibs lord it over them for the next twenty years
10. He realises his old man is and always will be twice the man and footballer Skacel could ever wish to be!

Alex Trager
30-11-2012, 11:39 AM
He should have kept that to himself. The Merricks will be lapping it up!

Merricks HA! Makes me laugh

andudare2
30-11-2012, 12:43 PM

:not worth harry did want to stay till the end of the game,always does,he also did ask for a hearts top ,nowt about skacel though,reason for this is he trains with a hearts development group under keith,s mate chalky&is pals with guy,s son,harry is football mad,also trains with hibs geenshoots at east mains .hearts top would have just been another 1 to add to an already large amount of strips he has,all he ever wears truth be told hahaha. i can assure everone that harry has,is,&will alway,s be a hibby.:flag::flag::flag:

ginger_rice
30-11-2012, 04:49 PM
harry did want to stay till the end of the game,always does,he also did ask for a hearts top ,nowt about skacel though,reason for this is he trains with a hearts development group under keith,s mate chalky&is pals with guy,s son,harry is football mad,also trains with hibs geenshoots at east mains .hearts top would have just been another 1 to add to an already large amount of strips he has,all he ever wears truth be told hahaha. i can assure everone that harry has,is,&will alway,s be a hibby.:flag::flag::flag:

And hopefully every bit as good a player as his dad!! :flag:

Malthibby
30-11-2012, 05:01 PM
One of Midlothian council's finest.:hibees

Viva_Palmeiras
30-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Link / sauce?

Golden Bear
30-11-2012, 05:06 PM
One of Midlothian council's finest.:hibees

Is he still a football development officer?

Stantons Angel
30-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Is he still a football development officer?

Yes he is and really enjoys his work with the kids.

When Harry is older and not so influenced by other kids he will learn to realise just what his father meant to HIBS and us supporters.

He will be proud to see how much Keith as a player, supporter and man is loved by us HIBBEES.

A genuine lovely chap with a cheeky sense of humour and a HIBEE through and through.

Keef Keef Keef!

Sweet Left Peg
30-11-2012, 06:30 PM
One of my all time favourite Hibs players.

hibee
30-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Seen him recently, he was coaching Tranent? 2005's against my sons team, all the dads were pointing him out to their kids but none of them knew who he was, made me feel old as it doesn't seem that long ago to me!

neilmartinrocks
30-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Seen him recently, he was coaching Tranent? 2005's against my sons team, all the dads were pointing him out to their kids but none of them knew who he was, made me feel old as it doesn't seem that long ago to me!

used to love watching him and tommy coyne at dens before celtic bought coyne.
thank **** keith came to hibs.

n11tho
30-11-2012, 07:01 PM
i played for mrs foremans against a team he coached years ago in the sunday leagues the ormilee from joppa, i think his brother played for them we were told,story go's 3 0 down and down to 10 men when keith told his wife to go to the car as there were only couple minutes left only for us to score 3 in final minutes and go on to win 5 3 after extra time ,darren jackson done a wee report on it and stuck it in his column in the matchday programme

JIm
30-11-2012, 08:37 PM

Indeed, his boy plays for them. Keith and Alan White (Hearts Community DO) both doing their bit as Alan's boy plays with them as well.

Should be said that wee Harry's a die hard hibby, was recently on the pitch for the half time challenge and tucked away a hat trick. Like father like son.

hibee92
30-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Indeed, his boy plays for them. Keith and Alan White (Hearts Community DO) both doing their bit as Alan's boy plays with them as well.

Should be said that wee Harry's a die hard hibby, was recently on the pitch for the half time challenge and tucked away a hat trick. Like father like son.

Done coaching courses with both. Good blokes and Keith helped get the job I'm in right now :thumbsup:

Tinribs
30-11-2012, 10:03 PM
One of my all time favourite Hibs players.

What he said.

JIm
30-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Done coaching courses with both. Good blokes and Keith helped get the job I'm in right now :thumbsup:

Is that right McGinn? :greengrin

hibee92
30-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Is that right McGinn? :greengrin

New round of "guess the hibs.net user" begins :greengrin

wookie70
30-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Did my first coaching badge with Keith. True gent with greant passion for the game. Would love to see him back at ER in a coaching role. Legend

Hibercelona
01-12-2012, 12:27 AM

You should mail that story directly to Hibs and see what they have to say about it.

How Hibs perform on the pitch could be the difference between a child growing up into a perfectly decent human being or becoming another Savile sympathizer from across the city.

There is much at stake and we can't afford to lay down to that ***** anymore.

KWJ
01-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Wiznae me!

hibee92
01-12-2012, 01:25 AM
You should mail that story directly to Hibs and see what they have to say about it.

How Hibs perform on the pitch could be the difference between a child growing up into a perfectly decent human being or becoming another Savile sympathizer from across the city.

There is much at stake and we can't afford to lay down to that ***** anymore.

I'm getting that on a t-shirt.

brog
01-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Keith & Geebsy, 2 League Cup winners & legends will be guests of honour at London Hibs Burns do on 26 Jan. We expect usual 100 plus crowd so book your tickets early!

DaveF
01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
i played for mrs foremans against a team he coached years ago in the sunday leagues the ormilee from joppa, i think his brother played for them we were told,story go's 3 0 down and down to 10 men when keith told his wife to go to the car as there were only couple minutes left only for us to score 3 in final minutes and go on to win 5 3 after extra time ,darren jackson done a wee report on it and stuck it in his column in the matchday programme

I played up front alongside Keith's wee brother in amatuer football so might have been involved in that game :greengrin but I can't remember last week never mind 20 odd years ago.

Where or what is Mrs Foreman's?

cocopops1875
01-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I played up front alongside Keith's wee brother in amatuer football so might have been involved in that game :greengrin but I can't remember last week never mind 20 odd years ago.

Pub at the far end of Musselburgh Racecource :agree:

Sweet Left Peg
01-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Pub at the far end of Musselburgh Racecource :agree:

Or the one by the tricky 4th green at Musselburgh Old Course.

cocopops1875
01-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Was gonna say that but could nae mind which hole it was

n11tho
28-12-2012, 03:30 PM

it was a sunday league scottish cup tie at inverleith

Green Fish
28-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Horrible predicament for KW.

I had my laddie there, he was six at the time and everyone knows the day was a mare.

When the 4th went in he says 'Dad, can we go home now', 'No son, we're here to the end', 'OK Dad'.

The 5 th went in, I'm about greeting trying not to let him see. He says 'Dad', 'What son'. He says, 'Can I support Real Madrid'. I had no answer!!.

His doubts didn't last long. Next morning he sees one of my mates, a jambo, in the street. Before my mate could open his mouth, my laddie shouts 'i'd rather wake up a losing hibee than jambo ****'. And he calmly closed the door - class!! :wink:

Seveno
28-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Horrible predicament for KW.

I had my laddie there, he was six at the time and everyone knows the day was a mare.

When the 4th went in he says 'Dad, can we go home now', 'No son, we're here to the end', 'OK Dad'.

The 5 th went in, I'm about greeting trying not to let him see. He says 'Dad', 'What son'. He says, 'Can I support Real Madrid'. I had no answer!!.

His doubts didn't last long. Next morning he sees one of my mates, a jambo, in the street. Before my mate could open his mouth, my laddie shouts 'i'd rather wake up a losing hibee than jambo ****'. And he calmly closed the door - class!! :wink:

Great story. You have a wee lad to be proud of there.