PDA

View Full Version : Flintoff v Dawson

easty
30-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Anyone know much about this Dawson boy then?

He's 5/6 to win the fight with SkyBet. I usually don't bet on things where I've nae idea what might happen, but surely any fighter should be beating a cricketer.....no?

Pretty Boy
30-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Anyone know much about this Dawson boy then?

He's 5/6 to win the fight with SkyBet. I usually don't bet on things where I've nae idea what might happen, but surely any fighter should be beating a cricketer.....no?

Only his 3rd fight. Won his first against a fellow debutant who retired in round 1 and his 2nd by decision in a 4 rounder so only 5 rounds of pro experience.

No idea about his amateur career which is obviously non existent for Flintoff. Watched a bit of Flintoff sparring on that Sky1 show and he looks ok, his pad works good and he has a good trainer in his corner. Shane McGuigan has done a great job with Carl Frampton. Looking at the weigh in pictures Flintoff looks in fantastic shape whilst Dawson looks a bit of a flabby barsteward.

Personally I wouldn't be putting much money on this one.

jodjam
30-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Betting on this would be daft I reckon. Too many unknown factors for me. I'll just stick to gambling on wrestling :)

Pretty Boy
30-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Flintoff wins on points after being floored in the 2nd.

Fair play to him. Was a scrappy fight but Flintoff was much the better looking fighter of the 2. Showed courage to climb of the canvas and must have worked hard to get into shape.

Not sure we'll see him in a ring again though.

easty
30-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Flintoff won because Dawson just didnt do much at all. He was humpty.

As for Flintoff.....moves about like Bambi and throws punches like a 13 year old fighting in a school playground, when he wasn't using the jab they looked more like flailing slaps than punches.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Never bothered watching this farce, but, couldnae see SKY making their programme about this without a victory for FF being the final outcome.