PDA

View Full Version : What is the story with Kujabi?

spike220
30-11-2012, 06:44 AM
Will he ever play for Hibs again?

He has taken a lot of the blame form the cup final has he not? I remember him making a couple of decent runs. But I am not sure he could get in the current first XI.

GGTTH

JDHibs
30-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Good in attack, Dreadful in defence so wouldnt put him in the back 4 and wouldnt replace Cairney in attack

Mark79
30-11-2012, 06:51 AM
He will be away in the transfer window if anyone will take him. Started like a house on fire but as soon as it was realised you could play a ball over him and take advantage that was it.

spike220
30-11-2012, 07:00 AM
He will be away in the transfer window if anyone will take him. Started like a house on fire but as soon as it was realised you could play a ball over him and take advantage that was it.

Well sounds like he needs to change into a winger then???

Wheat Hound
30-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Safe to say he will be away asap given he's not even made the bench in the spl this season, appearing only for the Palmerston pumping.

hibsmad
30-11-2012, 07:16 AM
He's pish and therefore doesn't get a game. That's pretty much the whole story.

For me playing him in the final has been Fenlons only real mistake. Still have no idea why Francombe wasn't picked instead.

Jones28
30-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Is it still his fault for the final?

LancsHibs
30-11-2012, 07:49 AM
He's pish and therefore doesn't get a game. That's pretty much the whole story.

For me playing him in the final has been Fenlons only real mistake. Still have no idea why Francombe wasn't picked instead.

It was a difficult choice between two pishy players, Fenlons mistake was not hooking him at half time knowing he was on a booking and taking a roasting:agree:

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2012, 08:15 AM
While it took most teams 7 months to suss out yogi's tactics, it only took teams 7 minutes to realise Kujabi's weakness. :devil:

I cant understand why this player was signed on a deal longer than 6 months, i know we were desperate at the time, but he is a poor poor player?

HiBremian
30-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Let this be a lesson to us all about the power of PR and media hype. Remember? The "Gambian Roberto Carlos"?

Stevie Reid
30-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Let this be a lesson to us all about the power of PR and media hype. Remember? The "Gambian Roberto Carlos"?

That was Kujabi's description of himself.

Started off well and gave decent balance to the back four last year, but will never recover from that day.

To be fair, Pat did give him another chance against QOS in the League Cup, just as he did with Booth and O'Hanlon, but he blew it.

J-C
30-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Another George St regular from what I've heard, seemingly had a set to with a well paid hooker in the Opal lounge, don't know exactly when but told by one of the staff when taking them home one night.

Leishy1995
30-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Story I heard was "could have won the cup but he it up viva kujabi?"
so I assume he's still not gonna win the cup, or if he will ever be in the squad. Better players are on the bench

lbouncer
30-11-2012, 12:05 PM
hes been playing for the u20s

fatbloke
30-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Is it still his fault for the final?

Aye:greengrin

The Sea-gull
30-11-2012, 04:10 PM
He started off ok but got progressively worse culminating with his performance in the final.

The result in the final was not all of his doing - the whole team and the management got it wrong that day, they played much better than us, had better players and the ref was bent. All ingredients added up to us losing. Kujabi was a factor though and the most culpable of many culpable players wearing green that day.

The manager has signed a bad 'un at a time where he didn't have much time to make judgements. In fairness Kujabi was offered terms by St Mirren and Killie too so we were not the only ones who falsley rated him.

Agree he is a better forward player than defender and did show one or two flashes coming forward but the fact is I don't think I have seen a player so lacking in knowledge of the fundemental basics a pro footballer should have - knowing when to tackle, when to pass, when to shoot, playing the offiside rule, positional sense.

He'll be gone soon I would imagine and doubt, barring an injury crisis, he will ever play for Hibs again. I hope this is the last thread that crops up bearing his name.

LancashireHibby
30-11-2012, 04:12 PM
He was embarrassingly bad at Queen of the South and thankfully hasn't been seen since.

Golden Bear
30-11-2012, 04:19 PM
And here was me thinking we had a star on our hands after his performances in the first couple of games.

The new Ulises de la Cruz was even mentioned!

Gala Foxes
30-11-2012, 04:28 PM
who cares ?

hibsbollah
30-11-2012, 04:46 PM
He was really good for a good couple of months IIRC, (who remembers that brilliant dribble up the East Stand touchline on his debut?) but something happened to the boy. He was a disaster in the Cup Final, but then again so was Claros, who was nothing short of a disgrace, and look at how things have turned round for Jorge. I can't see Kujabi getting his career back on track but Stranger things have happened in football.

Strictly speaking he's suspended for Sunday:nerd:

Jones28
30-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Aye:greengrin

Just checking! ;)

500miles
30-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I always thought that he offered something as a winger, but Pat's never really gave him that chance. He's no a defender, but not as bad as made out. I don't think anyone is as bad as he's made out to be.

Sir David Gray
30-11-2012, 06:43 PM
I was really excited about him after the first few games, he looked fairly good on the ball and supported a lot of the attacks.

However something happened towards the latter part of last season and he's never really recovered.

He's contracted with us until the summer so I would expect him to be with us until then, however we'll possibly come to an agreement with him in January to get him off the wage bill.

sixtwo
30-11-2012, 07:17 PM
He is totally *****. I blame him for the final score line. He is the epitome of everything that was ***** about hibs last year

Amit
30-11-2012, 07:43 PM
the fact is I don't think I have seen a player so lacking in knowledge of the fundemental basics a pro footballer should have - knowing when to tackle, when to pass, when to shoot, playing the offiside rule, positional sense.

I take it you never saw Alan O'Brien play for Hibs? Shocking player...

stoneyburn hibs
30-11-2012, 07:57 PM
***** end off.

hibeedonald
30-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Would still give Booth a chance playing in a confident Hibs team!

ekhibee
01-12-2012, 04:40 PM
I was really excited about him after the first few games, he looked fairly good on the ball and supported a lot of the attacks.

However something happened towards the latter part of last season and he's never really recovered.

He's contracted with us until the summer so I would expect him to be with us until then, however we'll possibly come to an agreement with him in January to get him off the wage bill.

Yeh, me too. It hasn't worked out for him sadly, and the cup final didn't help, but I remember his first game and thought he looked good, as well as enthusiatic. You could tell he was so proud as well after the game too. We'll have to move him on, but totally disagree with people on here who say that he was totally ****, cos he wasn't.

truehibernian
01-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Would still give Booth a chance playing in a confident Hibs team!

As a midfielder, definitely, as a full back most certainly not.

Has such talent but needs to work on strength - I'd love him to succeed at Hibs. I see him as a Murray Davidson type midfielder, but have often said he'd provide a natural balance on the left side of midfield. Wonderful left foot.

Holmesdale Hibs
01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
He's no very good but to blame him for the final is almost as laughable as him describing himself as Roberto Carlos esque.

That being said, some other players looked Tam Kite last year and have improved significantly this season. So anythings possible, albeit very unlikely.

My guess is we won't see him again unless we have some serious injuries and he'll be punted asap. Looked average at first but then that's about it. we won't miss him.

cocopops1875
01-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Another George St regular from what I've heard, seemingly had a set to with a well paid hooker in the Opal lounge, don't know exactly when but told by one of the staff when taking them home one night.

On the ranks aye :-)

Scouse Hibee
01-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Pa Kujabi ..............if Carlsberg could make scapegots eh!

MSK
01-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Pa Kujabi ..............if posters on hibs.net could make scapegots eh!:agree:

J-C
02-12-2012, 08:57 AM
On the ranks aye :-)

No mate as told to me by one of the staff when taking them home after their shift, being staff I'd like to think they know what goes on in their pubs. :wink: