PDA

View Full Version : There's a Murmur in the air

7-Zip_Mike
29-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Is it about time we got I Can Feel It back as the choon ax the players emerge from the tunnel? Uplifting?

yeezus.
29-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Good choice of song but I played the Silencers non-stop before both games at Hampden last season - it brings back bad memories :rolleyes:

Carheenlea
29-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Must admit I enjoyed very much Harry J Allstars "Liquidator" as the teams emerged at McDairmid Park last night. Not sure the reasoning behind their choice of a mighty fine skinhead reggae classic as it is a tune that Chelsea are known to play I'm sure. Would be a rather appropriate choice at ER for the derby the way things appear to heading for Hearts..

It was also a bit of a step back into the past last night with a pipe band marching round the park pre-match and at half time as opposed to excessively loud chart drivel booming out the PA!

Billy Whizz
29-11-2012, 07:41 PM
What was the music St Johnstone played before the game and just before the 2nd half kicked off

wazoo1875
29-11-2012, 07:46 PM
What was the music St Johnstone played before the game and just before the 2nd half kicked off

The Liquidator. See carheenleas post above. Good tune and very appropriate just now methinks :-D

Billy Whizz
29-11-2012, 07:50 PM
The Liquidator. See carheenleas post above. Good tune and very appropriate just now methinks :-D

Thanks
Great piece of music

Ultrabee1-0
29-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Sunshine on leith end of story!

frazeHFC
29-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Is it about time we got I Can Feel It back as the choon ax the players emerge from the tunnel? Uplifting?

Used to love when that came on! :thumbsup: Teenage kicks too, that came on today at the pool bit and reminded me of ER straight away. :agree: :thumbsup:

neilmartinrocks
29-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Must admit I enjoyed very much Harry J Allstars "Liquidator" as the teams emerged at McDairmid Park last night. Not sure the reasoning behind their choice of a mighty fine skinhead reggae classic as it is a tune that Chelsea are known to play I'm sure. Would be a rather appropriate choice at ER for the derby the way things appear to heading for Hearts..

It was also a bit of a step back into the past last night with a pipe band marching round the park pre-match and at half time as opposed to excessively loud chart drivel booming out the PA!

cause perth is still full of old school skinheads.

Sweet Left Peg
29-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Zooh-zooh
Zooh-zooh

"When I was five my daddy took me
Down to Easter Road
And lifted me up high upon his shoulder..."

Bring it back!!!! Petrie, make it happen!!!!

Carheenlea
29-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Great piece of music

:agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmLDf9XKMfk

Billy Whizz
29-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Can't believe we don't play Hibs songs pre match.
I personally love "Hibee Hibernian"
Used to play this before every game in the 90's

Hibercelona
29-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Can't believe we don't play Hibs songs pre match.
I personally love "Hibee Hibernian"
Used to play this before every game in the 90's

It seems to be a love or hate song. Some people don't like it because of the guy that sung it (being a jambo).

I miss all the tracks we used to play during the TM era. I always remember being psyched up before any game at Easter Road.

ZS DOOM
29-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Teenage kicks has been the best pre match song in my lifetime

Broken Gnome
29-11-2012, 09:12 PM
It seems to be a love or hate song. Some people don't like it because of the guy that sung it (being a jambo).

I miss all the tracks we used to play during the TM era. I always remember being psyched up before any game at Easter Road.

If they'd played the same songs during CC's era then you'd have bloody hated them :greengrin

Ship Hibs
29-11-2012, 09:22 PM
would love this one as a walk out song, kinda fitting as we got quite a few Irish lads on board this season http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Zmop8T7RE Shipping Up to Boston - Dropkick Murphys

Pedantic_Hibee
29-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Fans by Kings of Leon.

Baldy Foghorn
29-11-2012, 09:29 PM

I concur, liked that song too, when it got aired before games....

Baldy Foghorn
29-11-2012, 09:30 PM
:agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmLDf9XKMfk

Can't see this being on set play list, unless we want to lose another DJ/announcer:devil:

heretoday
29-11-2012, 09:31 PM
They should play Chopin's Funeral March when Hearts come out.

Spike Mandela
29-11-2012, 09:32 PM
The last time Hibs won a trophy John Collins' personal song of choice for pre match inspiration was 'Alive and Kicking'. Not saying I'm supersticious but you never know............

Hibby70
29-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Go For It - SLF, is a perfect tune to come out to.

The Green Goblin
29-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Must admit I enjoyed very much Harry J Allstars "Liquidator" as the teams emerged at McDairmid Park last night. Not sure the reasoning behind their choice of a mighty fine skinhead reggae classic as it is a tune that Chelsea are known to play I'm sure. Would be a rather appropriate choice at ER for the derby the way things appear to heading for Hearts..!

Have St. Johnstone sacked their announcer for hurting the merricks' feelings? :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
29-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Got to be "dancing queen" by ABBA. The song says it all.

Hibercelona
29-11-2012, 10:50 PM
The last time Hibs won a trophy John Collins' personal song of choice for pre match inspiration was 'Alive and Kicking'. Not saying I'm supersticious but you never know............

Great track and surprised it isn't played at football grounds more often. :agree:

Whatever happened to the tracks we use to play several years ago such as "I can feel it", "Teenage Kicks", "Amarillo", "Chelsea Dagger"..... etc

Things just seem that little bit more dull now in comparison.

Bobby's Cinema
30-11-2012, 12:26 AM
I used to like under Mowbray the guy with the English accent on the tannoy going "15 minutes to go", "10minutes to go at Easter Road" between songs. An then saying "Please welcome Tony Mowbray's green an white army" as they came on the park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXteRjTFBx0

Used to play that aswell when the teams came out. That's the least arty farty video I could find for it believe it or no. Deary me :greengrin

Hibercelona
30-11-2012, 12:32 AM
I used to like under Mowbray the guy with the English accent on the tannoy going "15 minutes to go", "10minutes to go at Easter Road" between songs. An then saying "Please welcome Tony Mowbray's green an white army" as they came on the park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXteRjTFBx0

Used to play that aswell when the teams came out. That's the least arty farty video I could find for it believe it or no. Deary me :greengrin

Cheers for posting that, I wondered what it was called! :thumbsup:

Always gave me goosebumps, just as the teams came running out the tunnel.

Shame we don't do it anymore. :boo hoo:

Spike Mandela
30-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Would love to see us come on to the park to this..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0RX02SeQw&feature=youtube_gdata_player