PDA

View Full Version : As if they could get any worse...

Jones28
29-11-2012, 06:00 PM
In tonight's sports bulletin the BBC had Steve lomas being banned for 8 games. Did they **** mention the Hibs match at all!

Unbelievable, unprofessional and undoubtably anti-hibs

iwasthere1972
29-11-2012, 06:11 PM
In tonight's sports bulletin the BBC had Steve lomas being banned for 8 games. Did they **** mention the Hibs match at all!

It was relating to matches not involving Hibs and to be fair the BBC did mention something about last night. Some fans need to get rid of the anti bias Hibs mentality. Beginning to sound like Celtic and Yam fans.

Hermit Crab
29-11-2012, 06:12 PM

That last bit reeks of Celtic paranoia mate.

James70
29-11-2012, 07:12 PM
They still haven't corrected the score on the highlights item!

Either they are anti Hibs or just a bunch of incompetent cretins.

Then again they could well be both. :rolleyes:

Certainly shows up our national tv company in a very poor light.

Golden Bear
29-11-2012, 07:18 PM
The Beeb reporters are guilty of winding Hibs fans up. There are far too many errors,omissions and defamatory remarks for it to be anything else.

brog
29-11-2012, 07:23 PM
It was relating to matches not involving Hibs and to be fair the BBC did mention something about last night. Some fans need to get rid of the anti bias Hibs mentality. Beginning to sound like Celtic and Yam fans.

I don't think it's anti Hibs but it's certainly incompetent at best. Saw all 4 Celtc goals which was nice but no mention of our game at all. Oh & given Lomas was sent off again last night it would have been logical to mention this when talking about his ban. That would require someone to have some knowledge of football outside the wedgie bubble though!

Carheenlea
29-11-2012, 07:25 PM
I tuned in to Reporting Scotland expecting to see the highlights from last nights games, pretty poor stuff by our national broadcaster. I know I can look them up online, but still, it's surely not too much to ask to see a report on our game on the national news sports round-up.

iwasthere1972
29-11-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't think it's anti Hibs but it's certainly incompetent at best. Saw all 4 Celtc goals which was nice but no mention of our game at all. Oh & given Lomas was sent off again last night it would have been logical to mention this when talking about his ban. That would require someone to have some knowledge of football outside the wedgie bubble though!

Evened up a bit by the Sky Sports News info bar last night saying that "Celtic have gone top of the SPL on goal difference". Either they only got 2 points for their win at Tynecastle or we got 4 points in Perth. Sloppy journalism at it's best.

Dalianwanda
29-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Just reading the metro in a pub here...Celtic stretch clear, no mention of Hibs

iwasthere1972
29-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Just reading the metro in a pub here...Celtic stretch clear, no mention of Hibs

I prefer this softly softly approach and maybe we can sneak it come May.

yeezus.
29-11-2012, 07:36 PM
When Ian Murray took over at Dumbarton - it's typical that STV's headline said "former Rangers player takes over..." - sums up the Scottish media really.

Hibercelona
29-11-2012, 07:36 PM
It's your own fault for watching the news and expecting something that almost never happens anyway. Were you honestly that shocked or surprised that they never showed our goal?

They never bother with anything out with the OF, so why expect anything different today? :confused:

Hibs Class
29-11-2012, 07:43 PM
When Ian Murray took over at Dumbarton - it's typical that STV's headline said "former Rangers player takes over..." - sums up the Scottish media really.

Yep - should really have been "former former Rangers player takes over" :greengrin

yeezus.
29-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Yep - should really have been "former former Rangers player takes over" :greengrin

:faf: Wish I'd thought of that.

lobster
29-11-2012, 08:08 PM

:top marks Hibs class

Makaveli
29-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Yup. F*** the Scottish press and their eternally OF-centric headlines.

Saying that, I'll be happy to read "Celtic lose out in final-day showdown" come May.

NewHibby
29-11-2012, 08:17 PM
I tuned in to Reporting Scotland expecting to see the highlights from last nights games, pretty poor stuff by our national broadcaster. I know I can look them up online, but still, it's surely not too much to ask to see a report on our game on the national news sports round-up.
STV had comprehensive coverage of Hibs game, also interview with Fenlon.
Thats the answer.

Oscar T Grouch
29-11-2012, 09:18 PM
It's your own fault for watching the news and expecting something that almost never happens anyway. Were you honestly that shocked or surprised that they never showed our goal?

They never bother with anything out with the OF, so why expect anything different today? :confused:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
:greengrin

Jonnyboy
29-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
:greengrin

Ahem - see my sig :greengrin

Jones28
30-11-2012, 07:26 AM

It's just such blatant disregard for both Hibs and st Johnstone! I suppose I didn't expect anything different, I shall refrain from watching bbc Scotland to avoid such heartache from now on ;)

Alex Trager
30-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Who cares if the media are anti Hibs? I don't. They're cocks

Hibernia Na Eir
30-11-2012, 08:50 AM

BBC Scotland news' sport has turned into a laughing stock. what's with the stupid comedy scenes and acting by their sports "anchor" man recently? It's very amateur.