PDA

View Full Version : Longer contracts?

MontrealHibs
29-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Any word on longer contracts for Spoony and the others who are free to go in June?

Hibeesmad
29-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Does anybody know the full list of players out of contract at the end of the season?

Fergus52
29-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Murdoch
McGivern
Kujabi
Maybury
Claros
Deegan
Spoony
Stevenson
Galbraith
Sproule
Griffiths
Doyle
Kuqi

Contracts or Loan deals for these players all expire in 2013

Sir David Gray
29-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Murdoch
McGivern
Kujabi
Maybury
Claros
Deegan
Spoony
Stevenson
Galbraith
Sproule
Griffiths
Doyle
Kuqi

Would like to see those in bold extending their stay.

MWHIBBIES
29-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Would like to see those in bold extending their stay.Bit harsh on Lewis IMO, he has done well whenever he has played this season and is a good squad player.

Sir David Gray
29-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Bit harsh on Lewis IMO, he has done well whenever he has played this season and is a good squad player.

I wouldn't be upset if Stevenson stayed on but if it's a decision between keeping him on and signing someone in a key area of the team to improve the overall quality of the squad then I would accept him leaving.

Fergus52
29-11-2012, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't be upset if Stevenson stayed on but if it's a decision between keeping him on and signing someone in a key area of the team to improve the overall quality of the squad then I would accept him leaving.

Would rather him than Maybury IMO.

Whilst I like Maybury and think he's been overall a good signing, he's made a few bad errors and the rate of these will only increase with his age

Mikey
29-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Murdoch
McGivern
Kujabi
Maybury
Claros
Deegan
Spoony
Stevenson
Galbraith
Sproule
Griffiths
Doyle
Kuqi

From that list, there are a few further up the pecking order than Spoony when it comes to dishing out contracts. The amount of money the manager has to spend will be THE major factor.

Hibeesmad
29-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Give deegan, spoony, Stevenson and Doyle new contracts and keep griffiths, McGivern and Claros beyond January. Would be a nice Christmas present and would start the new year off in style with a win at ***********.