PDA

View Full Version : Watching BBC Alba

hibsbollah
29-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I really enjoyed the BBC Alba coverage last night. It's saying something when I prefer a commentary in a language I don't even understand :rolleyes: compared to the anodyne guff we get from Sportscenes Paul Mitchell, Rob Maclean et al.

The halftime report (in English) on Leigh Griffiths was interesting and professionally done as well.

Kudos to the teuchters :agree:

jamieross
29-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Im of the same opinion as you. Much prefer the coverage on ALBA as opposed to watching Sportscene.

neilmartinrocks
29-11-2012, 04:42 PM
I really enjoyed the BBC Alba coverage last night. It's saying something when I prefer a commentary in a language I don't even understand :rolleyes: compared to the anodyne guff we get from Sportscenes Paul Mitchell, Rob Maclean et al.

The halftime report (in English) on Leigh Griffiths was interesting and professionally done as well.

My mate watched it last night and his mrs said "but they're talking in gaelic" and my mate says "aye but i prefer gaelic tae *****!"

hibsbollah
29-11-2012, 04:46 PM
My mate watched it last night and his mrs said "but they're talking in gaelic" and my mate says "aye but i prefer gaelic tae *****!"

The Gallic anchor guy is very likeable. He's so happy and naive, like a teuchter version of Father Dougal McGuire, who can't believe his good luck having such a great job.

Hibercelona
29-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Far better coverage than the usual pish.

Funny seeing pictures of Griffs when he was just a wee lad.............. he hasn't changed much, if at all. :greengrin

Franck Stanton
29-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Far better coverage than the usual pish.

Funny seeing pictures of Griffs when he was just a wee lad.............. he hasn't changed much, if at all. :greengrin

Apart from his hair :wink:

Dinkydoo
30-11-2012, 11:38 AM

The halftime pieces are usually really good :agree:

Geo_1875
30-11-2012, 12:06 PM
I too prefer "listening" to the Gaelic version but they still seem to show replays of contested corners while not going back to handball shouts in the area and strange free kick decisions. It's not just BBC Glasgow that have an agenda.:wink::wink: