PDA

View Full Version : Claros

Seveno
29-11-2012, 12:38 PM
How many times is that, so far, that he has clear a ball from the line ? He puts in an amazing amount of work in the midfield but is always there in defence at the critical moment.

An amazing player and one that will be hard to replace if we can't hold on to him in January.

Nevi1875
29-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Agreed. Say's a lot about paddy aswell because he could have sent him home but kept faith and all is paying of now. Claros has been like a new signing this season spoony aswell.

DH1875
29-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Hard to believe that 90% of the folk on here wanted him punted and no where near the club. He will be a massive loss come January.

lucky
29-11-2012, 05:57 PM
I was not a fan last season as his performances were terrible. But he has been our best player this season. He will be a massive miss if he goes in January.

Leishy1995
29-11-2012, 06:09 PM
It was like someone took Konte and made Messi, that's the change we've seen.

Hermit Crab
29-11-2012, 06:54 PM

Oh dear.

Leishy1995
29-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Oh dear.

His cup final display was Konte, his recent displays Messi. Obviously he isn't the same style of player though.

HibeeSince85
29-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I really want to keep Claros but if we need to pay anywhere near 800k for him then there is absolutely nae chance of it.

How long is left on his contract back in Honduras? I hope we try to extend his loan.

PPZPOL
29-11-2012, 07:47 PM
His cup final display was Konte, his recent displays Messi. Obviously he isn't the same style of player though.

If Messi had to play centre midfield with Tom Soares he'd look like Konte as well. From day one you could see Claros liked to keep the ball (by actually passing to players in his team) and was comfortable with it at his feet. Got guys in beside him now who work hard; like he does, and I think he's a bit more up to speed thats all. He was always good, he just came in at a time when we as a support were not in a position to give guys time to adapt, understandable when you consider what league position we were in. Plus our general form for a couple of years was at best...dung to be honest. I'm glad Fenlon stood by him, keep it up Jorge.

Jonnyboy
29-11-2012, 07:49 PM
If Messi had to play centre midfield with Tom Soares he'd look like Konte as well. From day one you could see Claros liked to keep the ball (by actually passing to players in his team) and was comfortable with it at his feet. Got guys in beside him now who work hard; like he does, and I think he's a bit more up to speed thats all. He was always good, he just came in at a time when we as a support were not in a position to give guys time to adapt, understandable when you consider what league position we were in. Plus our general form for a couple of years was at best...dung to be honest. I'm glad Fenlon stood by him, keep it up Jorge.

Pretty much sums it up for me :agree:

Broken Gnome
29-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Saw him after the Aberdeen game outside he North Stand, was with his partner and baby. Quite touching seeing the look on his face when people he passed gave him compliments.

Last year he was alone, a bit off the pace in a new league and largely unwanted in a foreign country. Wouldn't underestimate the effect that has on someone still fairly young.

silverhibee
29-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Hard to believe that 90% of the folk on here wanted him punted and no where near the club. He will be a massive loss come January.

I was part of the 10% 😀

Jonnyboy
29-11-2012, 09:14 PM
I was part of the 10% 

Me too :agree:

TheReg!
29-11-2012, 09:16 PM
If anyone has to score on Sunday, I would love Claros to do it. We gave him a hard time last season and out of all the players who are still in the squad from that day, he will be the one with the most to prove.

Heedersnvolleys
29-11-2012, 09:21 PM
If anyone has to score on Sunday, I would love Claros to do it. We gave him a hard time last season and out of all the players who are still in the squad from that day, he will be the one with the most to prove.
I really hope he does, as if he scores that means we really have ripped them a new one;-)

down-the-slope
29-11-2012, 09:25 PM
I was part of the 10% 

:agree: and me - had many an argument about him. He was not fully fit and trying to adapt to new style / country / life / post being shot ....without pregnant wife....with a bunch of inept players..

Often he would lay the ball off.....no one there / on his wave length....look to pass...no one wanting it. I said he would come into his own when there were others who could read the game. Even last night when out passing was poor he managed to find team mates with first touch most of the time........having his family here seems to have had massive benefit also..

Any deal to buy / extend his loan would be massive

St.Kristopher
29-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Messi Konte?

Pretty Boy
29-11-2012, 09:46 PM
I was part of the 10% 😀

Likewise.

Still waiting on apologies from the posters who ripped into me when i said he would be a different player in a decent team.

Guys a class act and now he's happy and has football players around him he's showing it. Hopefully getting international recognition and having his wife and baby here tempts him to stay a bit longer.

Classy footballer.

Hibeesmad
29-11-2012, 09:46 PM
I saw him at tesco a day before the players headed back for pre season training. Really nice guy and great with the fans.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I was part of the 10% 😀

Honduran folk ken whit's gaun oan.

SRHibs
29-11-2012, 10:28 PM

Granted, his cup final 'performance' was mince, but he really wasn't that bad prior to the cup final. He's the kind of player the looks good in a good team; he's not a flashy player so it's hard for him to stand out if the whole team is absolutely *****.

Leishy1995
29-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Think it's strange how you all took my comment, I was just trying to show how happy I was he'd improved not insult him. Classic hibs.net though.

SRHibs
29-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Think it's strange how you all took my comment, I was just trying to show how happy I was he'd improved not insult him. Classic hibs.net though.

It's nothing to do with it being "classic Hibs.net". Look at the tone of your post. To refer to his previous performances as Konte-esque is quite obviously an insult. Yes, he's improved, but IMO that's more to do with the players around him now being on his wavelength, and not necessarily only because of a change in his own attitude and performance levels.

cabbageandribs1875
29-11-2012, 11:16 PM
credit where credit is due :agree: the wee man has certainly caught up with the pace of the scottish game and is probably showing the form/touches now that impressed sally McMoist enough to try and get him to bigotbrox :aok:

Leishy1995
29-11-2012, 11:19 PM
It's nothing to do with it being "classic Hibs.net". Look at the tone of your post. To refer to his previous performances as Konte-esque is quite obviously an insult. Yes, he's improved, but IMO that's more to do with the players around him now being on his wavelength, and not necessarily only because of a change in his own attitude and performance levels.

No.
I never said he was as bad as Konte. I also never said he was as good as Messi. I was simply stating a player's performance was like night and day.

Yes, classic hibs.net to have people overreacting and misunderstanding or even just trying to argue despite the fact there is nothing to disagree with.

SRHibs
29-11-2012, 11:24 PM
No.
I never said he was as bad as Konte. I also never said he was as good as Messi. I was simply stating a player's performance was like night and day.

Yes, classic hibs.net to have people overreacting and misunderstanding or even just trying to argue despite the fact there is nothing to disagree with.

Hibs.net isn't a hive mind, buddy; it's a collection of individuals. My point is that last season he wasn't anywhere near as bad as you (and others) seem to say he was. The difference is in the players around him. Outside of his cup final performance, he was always one of our better performers, IMO. You're not agreeing with me, and I'm not misunderstanding. We both agree on the fact that he's now an integral part of the Hibs team, though.

Leishy1995
29-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Hibs.net isn't a hive mind, buddy; it's a collection of individuals. My point is that last season he wasn't anywhere near as bad as you (and others) seem to say he was. The difference is in the players around him. Outside of his cup final performance, he was always one of our better performers, IMO. You're not agreeing with me, and I'm not misunderstanding. We both agree on the fact that he's now an integral part of the Hibs team, though.

I didn't say how bad I think he was last year, just showed how much he has improved in my own scale. He was never one of the 'better' performers despite showing signs of being an intelligent footballer he was not up to speed with the game and he has improved as he got to grips with the game. And now he's a revelation in midfield. Despite this, Hearts fans still think he's the same player as last year.

SRHibs
29-11-2012, 11:30 PM
I didn't say how bad I think he was last year, just showed how much he has improved in my own scale. He was never one of the 'better' performers despite showing signs of being an intelligent footballer he was not up to speed with the game and he has improved as he got to grips with the game. And now he's a revelation in midfield. Despite this, Hearts fans still think he's the same player as last year.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree here.

Leishy1995
29-11-2012, 11:35 PM
I guess we'll just agree to disagree here.

Past is the past anyway, new era at Hibs and he's one of the successes

spike220
30-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Very good player and his contribution in defence is often underated.

Thecat23
30-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Claros was struggling last season mostly due to being very homesick. His head wasn't in the right place and not being able to see his newborn and wife made him pretty lonely. But she moved over to join in in the summer and since then he's loving life in Edinburgh. Sadly though his agent was saying he's desperate to stay but his parent club want a pretty big transfer fee for him. Couple of clubs down south have already been looking into the situation with him so seems he will be away after all.

matty_f
30-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Said on another thread that Claros has been my favourite player this season.

Would love Easter Road to get some songs going for him so he knew we want him to stay.

Wheat Hound
30-11-2012, 07:16 AM
Claros was struggling last season mostly due to being very homesick. His head wasn't in the right place and not being able to see his newborn and wife made him pretty lonely. But she moved over to join in in the summer and since then he's loving life in Edinburgh. Sadly though his agent was saying he's desperate to stay but his parent club want a pretty big transfer fee for him. Couple of clubs down south have already been looking into the situation with him so seems he will be away after all.

:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

RIP
30-11-2012, 07:18 AM
There are thousands if people that use Hibs.Net. I can't remember more than a dozen or two slagging him last season.

That's not 90%.

More like 0.9 %

If there was negativity it was due to that stupid nickname. Didn't fit then, doesn't fit now

Stevie Reid
30-11-2012, 10:58 AM
I really liked the look of him when he first came, thought his passing ability was excellent and seemed to be playing within himself - I remember posting on here not long after he signed that I wished he would advance a bit further forward, as his passing ability in the final third could be killer.

However, he fell away badly and after the cup final I stated on here that I couldn't care less if him or Osbourne never kicked another ball for us (though I thought he showed more class and quality than Osbourne ever did) - but when Pat chose retain his services I was happy for him to get another chance, and he hasn't looked back. Can't see any way we can keep hold of him sadly, so let's make sure we appreciate him for as long as we keep him. Hopefully he'll play a part in some very significant wins before he goes.

Devilstorment
30-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Class player, would love hime to stay! destined for bigger things probably. Would be good if we could him and at least get another season from him before selling him on for a tidy profit.

silverhibee
30-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Me too :agree:

Glad Paddy agreed with us J. :greengrin

silverhibee
30-11-2012, 10:38 PM
:agree: and me - had many an argument about him. He was not fully fit and trying to adapt to new style / country / life / post being shot ....without pregnant wife....with a bunch of inept players..

Often he would lay the ball off.....no one there / on his wave length....look to pass...no one wanting it. I said he would come into his own when there were others who could read the game. Even last night when out passing was poor he managed to find team mates with first touch most of the time........having his family here seems to have had massive benefit also..

Any deal to buy / extend his loan would be massive

You can see why wally was interested in him, but swally needed a player to hit the ground running, it was probably clear he wasn't fully fit and swally tried to look else where, and Paddy seen something that once fit and used to the Scottish game would shine in this league, glad me you J and Paddy seen it as well. :greengrin

His next move will be the EPL.

I would buy buy buy buy. :agree:

silverhibee
30-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Likewise.

Still waiting on apologies from the posters who ripped into me when i said he would be a different player in a decent team.

Guys a class act and now he's happy and has football players around him he's showing it. Hopefully getting international recognition and having his wife and baby here tempts him to stay a bit longer.

Classy footballer.

:agree:

He sure is. :aok:

silverhibee
30-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Honduran folk ken whit's gaun oan.

:tee hee:

Sir David Gray
30-11-2012, 10:41 PM
After the cup final, I fully expected his departure to be announced in a little corner of an article on the website over the summer and for the club to allow him to quietly jet back home to Honduras so everyone could forget that we had even signed him.

To see him now in comparison to the player that we saw about six months ago is incredible and he's now one of the first names on the teamsheet. Granted we don't actually have too many alternatives at the moment, given the injury to Gary Deegan and the fact we have a very small squad but he has impressed me this season.

He still has improvements to make in his game but if he didn't then he wouldn't be playing for Hibs.

Hopefully the club can reach an agreement with him which will see him stay until the summer at the very least.

silverhibee
30-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Said on another thread that Claros has been my favourite player this season.

Would love Easter Road to get some songs going for him so he knew we want him to stay.

Agree Matty, wee need to make him and his family feel welcomed by us.

Up to the top boys/girls/men/woman of sect43. :agree::greengrin

down-the-slope
30-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Agree Matty, wee need to make him and his family feel welcomed by us.

Up to the top boys/girls/men/woman of sect43. :agree::greengrin
Honduran flag? (its a bit Killie colours though?)

A version of that in bottle green would be class :greengrin