PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thomson

SouthMoroccoStu
29-11-2012, 05:54 AM
Must be as sick as a parrot right now.

That's 2 hibs wins in a row he has refereed.

Thought that was worth pointing out.

Hibernia Na Eir
29-11-2012, 06:21 AM
how can this possibly be?!!

Finbar
29-11-2012, 07:39 AM
He'll be taking the penalty himself next time. :wink:

#FromTheCapital
29-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Looking at the stats, last nights game has all the hall marks of a hibs game reffed by Craig Thomson. For example a large quantity of yellow cards for hibs and a penalty awarded to the opposing team, the obvious exception being the red card for st johnstone. I wasn't at the game so can't comment on whether his decisions were justified or not but in the meantime... GIRFUY Thomson ya hearts *******!!

Cropley10
29-11-2012, 07:52 AM
He did everything he could, both CHs booked in the first half, Maybury early in the second, for nothing at all. Cairney for leaving the field of play (yet you see plenty of EPL players do it).

He had to send the boy off as it was clear as day.

Sorry but I still think he's a cheat.

.Sean.
29-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Was it Taiwo he booked when both players went shoulder to shoulder late in the second half? Ludicrous decision. Glad we gave the Hearts **** it tight. He's a 12th man for the opposition when he refs against us.

Hainan Hibs
29-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Probably gave the red in fury mode because they missed the pen.

LeighLoyal
29-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Amazed we won with him as ref, was the pen a stonewaller??

HibeeN
29-11-2012, 09:43 AM
For me, Craig Thomson IS a cheat, At the cup final he gave a penalty against us in exactly the same circumstances as last night. eg. Hibs player fouls an opposition player yards outside the penalty box, then the player continues running toward goal and trips up over his own feet inside the penalty area. CT had clear views of both incidents and knows what happened and cheated in both cases by giving a penalty. Thats how I see it. Some referees are just incompetent, but CT cheats. IMHO

I thought last night was a clear penalty. Spoony makes the initial tug outside the box but then kicks his heel inside the box.

Greendub
29-11-2012, 09:43 AM
He did everything he could, both CHs booked in the first half, Maybury early in the second, for nothing at all. Cairney for leaving the field of play (yet you see plenty of EPL players do it).

He had to send the boy off as it was clear as day.

Sorry but I still think he's a cheat.

Did hasslebank get one for running off after the ball?

Onion
29-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Amazed we won with him as ref, was the pen a stonewaller??

Yes, looked a pen but Thompson couldn't hide his delight in giving it. The only surprise was that he didn't find a reason to have it retaken.

Sir David Gray
29-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Don't really think he did much wrong last night to be honest.

Thought the booking for McGivern in the first half was deserved, the penalty looked like a penalty from where I was sitting and as much as I think the rule is ridiculous, he had no option but to book Cairney for his celebration.

Didn't really have an issue with him last night.

Golden Bear
29-11-2012, 10:05 AM
I thought last night was a clear penalty. Spoony makes the initial tug outside the box but then kicks his heel inside the box.

:agree:

Clear penalty, no doubt about it.

Spender
29-11-2012, 10:10 AM
:agree:

Clear penalty, no doubt about it.

I felt it there was no need for the trip by spoony as it appeared their were bodys get back behind the ball, but not to worry big ben saved the day.

J-C
29-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Just watched highlights on the other thread, never a penalty, foul happened outside the box and the player tripped over his own feet, good save from Williams though, Thompson has to be the worst ref we've had in SPL for years.

Had another look, yes see it now, Spoony had a wee kick which I never seen 1st time, defo pen.

Hibernian Verse
29-11-2012, 10:13 AM
He had a good game last night, the only thing he got wrong was the Taiwo bookkg. For those naive enough to think he booked our centre halves for fun, take a look at the bookings - both were valid. Especially McGivern who was lucky to get away with a booking I thought.

Otherwise he had a good game, played advantage where he could and even gave an offside when the linesman missed it. The pen was a pen no doubt, spoony kicked out at the guy and that was that.

You know you've got nothing to do when you come on a message board trying to find things to complain about. I suppose St Johnstones possession was his fault as well. We should not have won, but not because of him.

Hermit Crab
29-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Just watched highlights on the other thread, never a penalty, foul happened outside the box and the player tripped over his own feet, good save from Williams though, Thompson has to be the worst ref we've had in SPL for years.

Had another look, yes see it now, Spoony had a wee kick which I never seen 1st time, defo pen.

Watched it myself, stonewaller mate. Take the green specs off.

J-C
29-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Watched it myself, stonewaller mate. Take the green specs off.

Erm check the edit in my post, I did say it was a pen after looking a second time, didn't see the trip 1st time around, so no green specs here bud, maybe you need the specs seeing as you didn't see my edited post. :greengrin

Hibercelona
29-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Kept letting Tade (The saints Nade) away with blatant shoving and tripping, but kept awarding freekicks whenever he fell over like a ton of bricks. :rolleyes:

Make no mistake, Thomson will be feeling utterly sick about this. :aok:

Mikeystewart
29-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Do people still think Thomson is anti-hibs? ir are we still talking about it in a joking kind of way. He and many other referees have been very kind to us this season, and our failure to win anything last season with him as the ref had nothing to do with him and everything to do with our team being utterly guff.

Hibercelona
29-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Do people still think Thomson is anti-hibs? ir are we still talking about it in a joking kind of way. He and many other referees have been very kind to us this season, and our failure to win anything last season with him as the ref had nothing to do with him and everything to do with our team being utterly guff.

Nothing to do with dodgy sending offs and the worst penalty award ever in one of our biggest games in history?

Referees haven't been "kind" to us this season. We've had one game (against Motherwell) where things seemed to go our way for a change. But thats about it....

NewHibby
29-11-2012, 11:10 AM

If they hadn't got the penalty and missed we wouldn't have came out with the vengeance we did, so well done Mr Thomson...ya big streak of bankrupt hertz p&£h

hongkonghibee
29-11-2012, 11:25 AM

Now ive looked at highlights again, I was wrong, it was a penalty,:embarrass

hibsbollah
29-11-2012, 11:31 AM
He's a Hibby now.

Kato
29-11-2012, 11:32 AM
he had no option but to book Cairney for his celebration.

I'm sure he's exercised the option not to book the player in similar circumstances when reffing other teams.

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 11:33 AM

Care to elaborate?

Mikeystewart
29-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Care to elaborate?

Dundee United Away: Could have easily given them a penalty for a handball by McPake and made our thumping even worse
Kilmarnock at Home: Cairney did go down easy the statement from Hibs defending him was embarrassing
Aberdeen away: Maybury Should have been sent off for a ridiculous tackle on Ryan Fraser and had the gumption to complain about a yellow card.
Dundee United Home: Skacel scored a legitimate goal at a time when they where on top and it was chalked off.

On top of that I feel we get an easy ride from the ref's in general, if anything it evens itself out.

Edit: and last season semi final the winner was offside.

degenerated
29-11-2012, 11:45 AM

Absolutely. The cup final display, amongst many others, leave no doubt that he is a cheat and a complete throbber.

Kato
29-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Dundee United Away: Could have easily given them a penalty for a handball by McPake and made our thumping even worse
Kilmarnock at Home: Cairney did go down easy the statement from Hibs defending him was embarrassing
Aberdeen away: Maybury Should have been sent off for a ridiculous tackle on Ryan Fraser and had the gumption to complain about a yellow card.
Dundee United Home: Skacel scored a legitimate goal at a time when they where on top and it was chalked off.

How can this be construed as them being kind?

How do you know the referee saw any of these incidents in the way you have? - i.e the Cairney incident, whether he went down easy or not, was a penalty every day of the week.

On top of that I feel we get an easy ride from the ref's in general, if anything it evens itself out.

Bollards.

hibsbollah
29-11-2012, 11:49 AM

Edit: and last season semi final the winner was offside.

Agree with your general point (he actually denied Dundee Utd two or possibly three pens at Tannadice, not just one) although i think youre wrong about Cairney and Killie. We had no choice but to defend Cairney publically after a shocking bit of character assassination in the press by their goalie and their trumpet of a manager.

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 11:57 AM

First things first, you statement about Cairney is utterly ridiculous, was a stonewall penalty and Hibs had no choice but to defend him in wake of Kenny Shiels' ridiculous comments. You're not the first person to write sanctimonious comments about that penalty incident, but I hope you are the last, unbelievable amount written about a straightforward decision, and we were most certainly not done any favours with that decision.

As for the rest: -

Thomson also wrongly awarded a free kick for Dundee Utd's second goal that day
Agree about Maybury
Linesman got Skacel decision wrong, not the referee.

And I can add: -

Templeton not sent off in the derby at ER
Maybury was fouled when we were 2-0 and cruising against ICT
According to many, we should have had a free kick in the lead up to Ross County's winner

Referees get decisions wrong all the time, sometimes they have dire consequences, sometimes they work in your favour - we certainly aren't any more unlucky than anyone else, but where you get the idea that we get an easy ride is beyond me.

Craig Thomson got major decisions wrong in that cup final, all in Hearts' favour, and turned a comprehensive defeat into a humiliation. People will always hate him for it, it's understandable.

Mikeystewart
29-11-2012, 11:57 AM
How can this be construed as them being kind?

How do you know the referee saw any of these incidents in the way you have? - i.e the Cairney incident, whether he went down easy or not, was a penalty every day of the week.

Bollards.

You my dear sir are being a bit semantic, when say kind I mean there has been situations where the decisions have went in our favor when they shouldn't have. Though the average fan of every club in the world feels like the ref is out to get them, rather than face the fact that there team was pish, not sure who said it but I agree with the sentiment. "If your good enough the referee wont matter"

Mikeystewart
29-11-2012, 12:03 PM
First things first, you statement about Cairney is utterly ridiculous, was a stonewall penalty and Hibs had no choice but to defend him in wake of Kenny Shiels' ridiculous comments. You're not the first person to write sanctimonious comments about that penalty incident, but I hope you are the last, unbelievable amount written about a straightforward decision, and we were most certainly not done any favours with that decision.

As for the rest: -

Thomson also wrongly awarded a free kick for Dundee Utd's second goal that day
Agree about Maybury
Linesman got Skacel decision wrong, not the referee.

And I can add: -

Templeton not sent off in the derby at ER
Maybury was fouled when we were 2-0 and cruising against ICT
According to many, we should have had a free kick in the lead up to Ross County's winner

Referees get decisions wrong all the time, sometimes they have dire consequences, sometimes they work in your favour - we certainly aren't any more unlucky than anyone else, but where you get the idea that we get an easy ride is beyond me.

Craig Thomson got major decisions wrong in that cup final, all in Hearts' favour, and turned a comprehensive defeat into a humiliation. People will always hate him for it, it's understandable.

Though do you not find it interesting that it only seems to be hibs fans that don't think dived?

Sorry for clarification we have had an easy ride this season. A poor team is more likely to get into situations where the referee has to make a decision due to their lack of control in the game.

This season we have had decisions go our way that have directly impacted on results, not a load of conjecture on how one decision made one result a bit worse than it would have been.

With regards to the cup final, based on the first half we were on a one way trip to a hiding regardless of how many players we had on a the pitch. And regardless of the score, hearts fans would still cite it is the biggest derby ever blah blah not gonnae top it.

In reply to your comment about the Maybury freekick that's exactly why i said i think it all evens out in the end, but it is childish and simply narrow minded to think that every bad decision that goes against us is because the referee or his officials are anti-hibs. Thomson is a very poor referee and has proven it at European level, nothing to do with his like or dislike of hibs.

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Though do you not find it interesting that it only seems to be hibs fans that don't think dived?

Sorry for clarification we have had an easy ride this season. A poor team is more likely to get into situations where the referee has to make a decision due to their lack of control in the game.

This season we have had decisions go our way that have directly impacted on results, not a load of conjecture on how one decision made one result a bit worse than it would have been.

With regards to the cup final, based on the first half we were on a one way trip to a hiding regardless of how many players we had on a the pitch. And regardless of the score, hearts fans would still cite it is the biggest derby ever blah blah not gonnae top it.

In reply to your comment about the Maybury freekick that's exactly why i said i think it all evens out in the end, but it is childish and simply narrow minded to think that every bad decision that goes against us is because the referee or his officials are anti-hibs. Thomson is a very poor referee and has proven it at European level, nothing to do with his like or dislike of hibs.

I'm not interested in what other fans think, though the overwhelming feeling about the incident is that Kenny Shiels and the Killie keeper (who subsequently apologised) embarrassed themselves in the extreme - aside from it being a stonewaller in tv pictures, the still shot that emerged was completely conclusive. What I liked most about the incident was the Hibs did what many of us have wanted them to do for a long time, and that was stand up for ourselves in the media. Cairney did not dive, he did not go down easily - he was clearly fouled, and it is one of the least contentious penalty decisions I have seen.

I agree with much of what you say, teams under pressure a lot can concede lots of penalties, and vice versa - I don't think it evens itself out but you are rarely in severe deficit or have a surfeit for very long. I also agree that Hearts probably would have beaten us even if Black had been sent off, but the fact remains that Thomson's mistakes had as profound an effect on the Hearts victory as any of the players in maroon - given that many people had real reservations (many even predicted exactly what would happen) the minute he was appointed, he can hardly have any complaints at being a hate figure amongst Hibs supporters, regardless of whether we suffered due to bias or incompetence.

JimBHibees
29-11-2012, 12:22 PM

Name one decision that Thomson in his entire refereeing career which directly favoured Hibs.

#FromTheCapital
29-11-2012, 12:25 PM

http://i48.tinypic.com/2quua6w.jpg

Whether he went down easy or not is irrelevant. No green tinted specs required to say this is a penalty. End of

Mikeystewart
29-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Name one decision that Thomson in his entire refereeing career which directly favoured Hibs.

Take it you didn't see the red card last night then?

3pm
29-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Someone has posted on the PM board that Griffiths has been offered a 2 game ban for that episode with McKay at the end.

Mikeystewart
29-11-2012, 12:29 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2quua6w.jpg

Whether he went down easy or not is irrelevant. No green tinted specs required to say this is a penalty. End of

I'm not disputing its legitimacy as a penalty but he clearly started to go to ground before he hit the players leg, he simply could of kept on running and get tripped up naturally but its the fact he went down early in anticipation that may have made some ref's make a different decision.

Baader
29-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Still a biased cheat who actively helped a team against in us in a very big match.

Should have been struck off for his refusal to send that *****rd Black off in the early stages.

Mikeystewart
29-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Someone has posted on the PM board that Griffiths has been offered a 2 game ban for that episode with McKay at the end.

so does this mean Thomson did us a favor by not sending him off too ? :devil:

JimBHibees
29-11-2012, 12:34 PM

Where the St Johnstone player headbutted?

I am talking about a penalty such as the one to Dunfermline in the Scottish semi. Or a dubious sending off like the Fletch brown trout one.

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm not disputing its legitimacy as a penalty but he clearly started to go to ground before he hit the players leg, he simply could of kept on running and get tripped up naturally but its the fact he went down early in anticipation that may have made some ref's make a different decision.

That picture clearly shows the impact happening and his body in exactly the sort of position you would expect from someone chasing after a ball that he has just knocked past someone.

This debate is ridiculous.

JimBHibees
29-11-2012, 12:38 PM

Where did you see that?

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 12:40 PM

So Griffiths could miss the cup game?

JimBHibees
29-11-2012, 12:42 PM
So Griffiths could miss the cup game?

He would indeed if it is factual.

Aldo
29-11-2012, 12:43 PM
He would indeed if it is factual.

Would it not just be league games he misses and not the cup??

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Would it not just be league games he misses and not the cup??

Darren Randolph is banned for the SC game this weekend due to the incident in the league game last week.

Aldo
29-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Darren Randolph is banned for the SC game this weekend due to the incident in the league game last week.

Cheers fur that but tbh LG did nowt and if he did CT would if sent him off.

Part/Time Supporter
29-11-2012, 12:45 PM

:fishin:

Golden Bear

Aye?

bingo70

Where about? I've just had a look on the pm board and can't see that?

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 12:47 PM
:fishin:

Is it a wind up? Seriously stressing here!

Monts
29-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Where about? I've just had a look on the pm board and can't see that?

Its in the chatbox, rather than the pm board

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Surely TV pictures couldn't show anything untoward anyway, the incident was impossible to see on BBC, and no replays were shown on Alba.

Kato
29-11-2012, 12:50 PM
You my dear sir are being a bit semantic, when say kind I mean there has been situations where the decisions have went in our favor when they shouldn't have. Though the average fan of every club in the world feels like the ref is out to get them, rather than face the fact that there team was pish, not sure who said it but I agree with the sentiment. "If your good enough the referee wont matter"

I'm not being semantic at all. You're just wording your posts wrongly as well as being factually wrong on certain points.

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Griffiths should surely be ok for the SC game anyway - Randolph was offered the ban on 27 November and given until 28 to respond, his appeal failed today - that means we would have until tomorrow to appeal. If Leigh appeals surely they wouldn't hold the hearing on the Saturday?

Kato
29-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Griffiths should surely be ok for the SC game anyway - Randolph was offered the ban on 27 November and given until 28 to respond, his appeal failed today - that means we would have until tomorrow to appeal. If Leigh appeals surely they wouldn't hold the hearing on the Saturday?

Don't be sure. I remember a special meeting taking place to ensure John O'Neil appeal from a sending off at Ibrox was thrown out.

What did LG do to get a two match ban?

DaveF
29-11-2012, 01:01 PM

It's a bad wind up. There is nothing on the SFA website

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566

Golden Bear
29-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Its in the chatbox, rather than the pm board

They're a bunch of blethers on the chat box.:cb There's nowt in the story as far as I can see.

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 01:18 PM
They're a bunch of blethers on the chat box.:cb There's nowt in the story as far as I can see.

I really hope so. Can't see how the compliance officer (even him) could possibly claim to see anything there that the TV pictures don't show and Thomson didn't see. Randolph got done due to several tv angles incriminating him.

3pm
29-11-2012, 01:46 PM

It was on the private message thing that sits long the top of the board. It's the 'quick note' thing.

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 01:52 PM
It was on the private message thing that sits long the top of the board. It's the 'quick note' thing.

I'm not a private member. Still stressing though!

Part/Time Supporter
29-11-2012, 01:59 PM
To clarify...

some Dundee fan started this rumour on Pie & Bovril, claiming to have "heard it on Forth One".

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/193194-griffiths-cited-for-violent-conduct-misses-derby/

Somebody then copied and pasted it in the chat box. There's nothing on twitter, nothing on the SFA, nothing on Forth One.

http://www.forthone.com/news/local/

Pish, utter.

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 02:09 PM
To clarify...

some Dundee fan started this rumour on Pie & Bovril, claiming to have "heard it on Forth One".

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/193194-griffiths-cited-for-violent-conduct-misses-derby/

Somebody then copied and pasted it in the chat box. There's nothing on twitter, nothing on the SFA, nothing on Forth One.

http://www.forthone.com/news/local/

Pish, utter.

Thanks - feel much better now :aok:

3pm
29-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Apologies one and all. Certainly wasn't a wind up.

There was reference to the fact it had been on Forth One.

Stevie Reid
29-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Apologies one and all. Certainly wasn't a wind up.

There was reference to the fact it had been on Forth One.

No worries, just delighted it wasn't true!

andyf5
29-11-2012, 06:23 PM

I agree with you. I think Thomson is just a poor referee and last night both teams were frustrated with his erratic and sometimes wrong decisions. We were giving him abuse at a few points during the game last night and I'm not sure what's achieved by that other than turning him against hibs.

Onion
29-11-2012, 06:24 PM

Don't worry, saw the whole incident and LG did absolutely nothing that would warrant a yellow card let alone a red/ban. The very most he could be accused of was unsporting behaviour when he "returned" the ball to St J against the opponents legs and then chased the ball down. That's what got the St J guys so riled, but their reaction was totally over the top and LG did really well NOT to react to the provocation.

If anything LG should be commended by Hibs and the SPL for the way he dealt with some unruly Sj thugs trying to get him sent off.

cabbageandribs1875
29-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Don't worry, saw the whole incident and LG did absolutely nothing that would warrant a yellow card let alone a red/ban. The very most he could be accused of was unsporting behaviour when he "returned" the ball to St J against the opponents legs and then chased the ball down. That's what got the St J guys so riled, but their reaction was totally over the top and LG did really well NOT to react to the provocation.

If anything LG should be commended by Hibs and the SPL for the way he dealt with some unruly Sj thugs trying to get him sent off.

which probably carries a six match ban...but only because it's leigh griffiths :agree:

Greendub
29-11-2012, 08:45 PM
I agree with you. I think Thomson is just a poor referee and last night both teams were frustrated with his erratic and sometimes wrong decisions. We were giving him abuse at a few points during the game last night and I'm not sure what's achieved by that other than turning him against hibs.

Heard all the chants so well on the international TV coverage

"You hearts bassa" put a smile on my face

Jonnyboy
29-11-2012, 09:12 PM

I saw it, clear as day. Mackay moved his head towards Griffiths - aggressive behaviour and rightly punished as such. No 'favours' required

Miguel
29-11-2012, 11:20 PM
how can this possibly be?!!

I don't think Thomson is pro-Hearts, but do think he is anti-Hibs, probably for reasons that are not specifically concerned with football. I think he allows external factors to cloud his judgement. Anyone who saw his appalling performance in the France v Bosnia Euro play off will surely agree. Of the many decisions he got wrong in the cup final, the penalty was the worst, probably the worst seen in a major cup final I have ever witnessed. If he wasn't actively cheating, then he was inexcusably incompetent.

CropleyWasGod
30-11-2012, 08:12 AM
I don't think Thomson is pro-Hearts, but do think he is anti-Hibs, probably for reasons that are not specifically concerned with football. I think he allows external factors to cloud his judgement. Anyone who saw his appalling performance in the France v Bosnia Euro play off will surely agree. Of the many decisions he got wrong in the cup final, the penalty was the worst, probably the worst seen in a major cup final I have ever witnessed. If he wasn't actively cheating, then he was inexcusably incompetent.

Such as?

greenginger
30-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Such as?

May'be working for a Hibs Director for 8 years ? who knows. :confused:

Hibrandenburg
30-11-2012, 08:30 AM
That picture clearly shows the impact happening and his body in exactly the sort of position you would expect from someone chasing after a ball that he has just knocked past someone.

This debate is ridiculous.

That pic is a still and doesn't show the whole story. Cairney IMO was looking for the contact and I've watched the video many times and am convinced he was on his way down milliseconds before contact was made. As I've already stated on another thread it's all about opinions and only one person will ever know the truth. Would be happy to take 20 penalties like that a season though :greengrin

Stevie Reid
30-11-2012, 08:35 AM
That pic is a still and doesn't show the whole story. Cairney IMO was looking for the contact and I've watched the video many times and am convinced he was on his way down milliseconds before contact was made. As I've already stated on another thread it's all about opinions and only one person will ever know the truth. Would be happy to take 20 penalties like that a season though :greengrin

As I said, this debate is ridiculous.

Joy Zipper
02-12-2012, 09:42 AM
One thing that I never realised until today was that CT was the referee for the Hibs v Hearts Scottish Cup tie in 2009.

He sent Steven Fletcher off after 30 minutes for a VERY soft straight red card and Hearts went on to win 2-0.

Mmmmmm, makes you wonder.

The Green Goblin
02-12-2012, 10:26 AM
I think Thomson was called out and warned (behind closed doors) by his bosses for his dreadful and obviously one-sided cup final performance and as a result has to be much more careful (i.e "fair") now. I can't prove that, but it's just my feeling about it, given the vast difference in his refereeing of us before and since the final.

s.a.m
02-12-2012, 10:28 AM
I think Thomson was called out and warned (behind closed doors) by his boss for his dreadful one-sided cup final performance and as a result has to be much more careful (i.e "fair") now. I can't prove that, but it's just my feeling about it, given the vast difference in his refereeing of us before and since the final.

I've been thinking that way myself.

Golden Bear
02-12-2012, 10:37 AM
I think Thomson was called out and warned (behind closed doors) by his bosses for his dreadful and obviously one-sided cup final performance and as a result has to be much more careful (i.e "fair") now. I can't prove that, but it's just my feeling about it, given the vast difference in his refereeing of us before and since the final.

He's not quite been cured yet.

He was reasonable for 80 mins in the recent game v Dundee Utd at ER but reverted to his customary style for the last 10 mins with some ridiculous and inexplicable decisions.

500miles
02-12-2012, 11:41 AM

There was a review after the opening game of the season. He then didn't get involved with anything regarding hibs for a full round of matches.

Fwiw, I think he knows he's under increased scrutiny these days. Theres no doubt in my mind that he was cheating us for as long as he thought he was getting away with it. Inexplicable decisions.