PDA

View Full Version : Now we can turn our attention to them.

.Sean.
28-11-2012, 11:03 PM
We'll **** them on Sunday. We're due them a hiding.

:flag:

hfc rd
28-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Bring them on!!

fat freddy
28-11-2012, 11:09 PM
they worked very hard against celtic tonight and we shouldn't underestimate them...their defence is strong and they only let in 12 goals in all league games before tonights humping...they had as many shots on goal as celtic tonight and fraser forster had to be at his best to keep them out...it will be a tight match on sunday and i wouldn't be surprised if it ended in a goalless draw.

essexhibee
28-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Tonight the scoreline from what I read flattered Celtic. We have played very poorly tonight and at times have been lucky this season so we cannot afford to underestimate them. Really hope the players don't think it's going to be easy because it certainly won't.

ronaldo7
28-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Bring on the Sparryheided, puddle drinking welts.

CRAZYHIBBY
28-11-2012, 11:13 PM
We will destroy them!!!!

.Sean.
28-11-2012, 11:14 PM
they worked very hard against celtic tonight and we shouldn't underestimate them...their defence is strong and they only let in 12 goals in all league games before tonights humping...they had as many shots on goal as celtic tonight and fraser forster had to be at his best to keep them out...it will be a tight match on sunday and i wouldn't be surprised if it ended in a goalless draw.

Tonight the scoreline from what I read flattered Celtic. We have played very poorly tonight and at times have been lucky this season so we cannot afford to underestimate them. Really hope the players don't think it's going to be easy because it certainly won't.
Hibs optimism at it's very best :aok:

Leishy1995
28-11-2012, 11:17 PM
As has been said, we'll need to play well to beat them. Whether they play the young lads or not.

essexhibee
28-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Hibs optimism at it's very best :aok:

I'm optimistic we will beat them mate just think we gotta be careful in not underestimating them. Won't be easy ride. We have enough quality though to win the game and we have every chance of doing so if we are right up for it :agree:

monktonharp
28-11-2012, 11:23 PM
not for a minute underestimating the task on Sunday and heard from some that watched the Gorgie mob getting pumped but, if they were a bit unlucky, who cares? they have carried barrowloads of luck into/during derbies for years imho. let's hope some of it rubs off to us this week. I'm just hoping our right side toughens up a bit for the derby, because they looked like an accident about to happen at Perth and widdenheid almost blew it.

Saorsa
28-11-2012, 11:26 PM
**** h****s

frazeHFC
28-11-2012, 11:29 PM
We should not fear them. Cairney, Claros, Griffiths, McGivern etc piss all over them in terms of class. We gotta win this one. :flag:

NAE NOOKIE
29-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I spent 80 of the 90 minutes last night shouting at the telly in frustration as Hibs failed to put a passing move together. for the most part were muscled out of midfield and failed to get the ball to Griffiths in anything like enough good positions.

Twice we tried to gift St Johnstone a goal thanks to a daft header by McGivern and a more than stupid challenge in the box by Spooney.

If we play like that on Sunday we will be looking at a minimum of a replay at the PBS.

Sorry to be negative, but if anybody thinks we are just going to turn up and tear the Yams a new one they are in for a bad afternoon. This is a huge game for the Yams and for a few of their players for different reasons and they will fight tooth and nail to get a result.

On the tried and tested theory that a Hibs team with an 10 game unbeaten record and Messi and Ronaldo in the line up could still contrive to screw it up at ER against a team picked from the PBS catering staff I for one will take nothing for granted.

The Yams will make this a dogfight and we had better be up for it.

truehibernian
29-11-2012, 05:05 PM
I spent 80 of the 90 minutes last night shouting at the telly in frustration as Hibs failed to put a passing move together. for the most part were muscled out of midfield and failed to get the ball to Griffiths in anything like enough good positions.

Twice we tried to gift St Johnstone a goal thanks to a daft header by McGivern and a more than stupid challenge in the box by Spooney.

If we play like that on Sunday we will be looking at a minimum of a replay at the PBS.

Sorry to be negative, but if anybody thinks we are just going to turn up and tear the Yams a new one they are in for a bad afternoon. This is a huge game for the Yams and for a few of their players for different reasons and they will fight tooth and nail to get a result.

On the tried and tested theory that a Hibs team with an 10 game unbeaten record and Messi and Ronaldo in the line up could still contrive to screw it up at ER against a team picked from the PBS catering staff I for one will take nothing for granted.

The Yams will make this a dogfight and we had better be up for it.

Yet if we play like we did first half v Inverness, second half v Dundee, first half v Dundee Utd, for the 90 v Killie or most of the game v St Mirren, we could easily win this game with a bit to spare.

Equally Hearts could play like they did v Caley away, v Killie at home, v Dundee at home and away, etc, etc.

Both sides can be good or lousy - lets be good and not stress too much or indeed over-rate Hearts at the same time.

29-11-2012, 05:10 PM
It will be a tough one, hearts will be right up for it and we need to be aswell. Its the attitude of our team thats has let us down so many times in derbies. Players looking intimidated in the spotlight of the derby and as a result being pushed about and bullied by hearts. I believe, however, that we have a stronger team now and a team that is willing to stick in and fight and really get stuck in. Hearts have a strong physical side and as usual there main tactic will be to push us about so we need to stand up and be counted.

Big game and it will be a tough one but no reason why we cant win it. Lets get right behind the team right from the very start and make it a night to remember :flag:

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
29-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Not underestimating Hearts but we have nothing to fear from their current team.

They can say what they like about luck or whatever but the league table doesn't lie after the number of games now played and we are 8 points better off than them and have scored more goals.

They are pretty good at the back, last night excepted, but have absolutely nothing going forward. We have the form striker in the league, they have a teenage full back.

The first Derby of the season we went into with zero confidence and the memories of May at the front of our minds. Over the 90 minutes we just about deserved to win it and had we not gifted them a stupid goal we may well have.

Bring them on I say, we're ready for them this time.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2012, 05:12 PM
We're winning this game!.

HibbyAndy
29-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Not underestimating Hearts but we have nothing to fear from their current team.

They can say what they like about luck or whatever but the league table doesn't lie after the number of games now played and we are 8 points better off than them and have scored more goals.

They are pretty good at the back, last night excepted, but have absolutely nothing going forward. We have the form striker in the league, they have a teenage full back.

The first Derby of the season we went into with zero confidence and the memories of May at the front of our minds. Over the 90 minutes we just about deserved to win it and had we not gifted them a stupid goal we may well have.

Bring them on I say, we're ready for them this time.

9 Points, And your spot on.

Jones28
29-11-2012, 05:38 PM
We can win this one, nae bosh, mon the Hibs!

thebakerboy
29-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Based on the fact I am sure I have seen better Hibs team than the current one losing to poorer Hearts teams than the current one in cup ties as well I am not convinced we will win this one. I hope against hope that we will win and will be at ER shouting myself hoarse . GGTTH:flag:

lucky
29-11-2012, 06:01 PM
The puddle drinkers will be up for this big time. But this time we have players who know how to battle. As long as we don't give away a stupid goal I'm fairly confident we will win

Sir David Gray
29-11-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't think anyone thinks it will be easy on Sunday. I think most of us have been to far too many derbies over the years to have that sort of mentality. However I think we should be confident.

They have very little in the forward areas, whereas we have one of the best goalscoring stats in the league this season. Defensively they have probably been better than us but we're at home where we've been very good so far this season, it's hopefully going to be nearing a full house and we got a good win last night.

Bring them on!

GGTTH :flag:
FTH :giruy:

basehibby
29-11-2012, 06:46 PM
We are undoubtably due them a hiding - of course it won't be easy but the table does not lie - there has been a turn around since May and even if Hearts are not as sheight as we'd like them to be and Hibs are no worldbeaters, our team is eminently capable of winning this game.

BRING EM ON!!!!

yeezus.
29-11-2012, 07:10 PM
This is the first derby in a long time where I've felt confident of a victory. Although they lost 4-0 last night I think Foster played a large part in the "0" part. We need to be up for it that's for sure.